Sign in to follow this  
Slruc

C'mon Michigan, where's the love?

Toronto's sludge no longer welcome at Michigan landfill as of August

The Carleton Farms facility, located about 50 kilometres west of Detroit, will no longer accept the sludge as of Aug. 1 because local residents are complaining about the stench, spokesman Will Flower said Wednesday.

"We came to a business decision not to accept sludge at the landfill," he said.

Flower emphasized that the decision was not related to a proposed ban in Michigan on Toronto's daily dumping of some 95 trucks of trash in the state.

Link

Gross, now what are we supposed to do? Hold it?

Detroit smelled before the landfill even originated.

It's unbelievable we've ween putting up with this crap for ages. It's not like there hasn't been outrage for over a decade that this landfill is importing Toronto's garbage.

It's unbelievable we've ween putting up with this crap for ages. It's not like there hasn't been outrage for over a decade that this landfill is importing Toronto's garbage.

Who's going to stop it? If Granholm said no more she would get attacked for people losing their jobs

Who's going to stop it? If Granholm said no more she would get attacked for people losing their jobs

She does anyways. She's use to it.

There is no way she gets re-elected. Everyone hates her. She is canadian anyway.

She is canadian anyway.

:headbanger:

just curious to any geeks....

why such the hate on for canadians anyway? Whatsup with that? :thumbsdown:

in fairness, the united states should reciprocate by stopping shipping shiatty american beer to canada. or anywhere in the world.

There is no way she gets re-elected. Everyone hates her. She is canadian anyway.

I would love to vote her out, but the other option is ###### DeVos of scAmway fame. I loathe that company.

Horrible choice. I can't believe I'm considering voting for her.

Can I possibly vote for DeVos? He made his fortune at the top of a crooked pyramid scam but his politics aren't so disgusting besides the embracing of pro-life and anti-gay stuff, but I can deal with that. I hate to reward a guy as becoming my governor when he's responsible for Amway.

I honestly have no idea who I'll vote for for governor. Normally there's no way I would vote for a crook like DeVos, but Granholm has done such a poor job I may not have a choice.