Sign in to follow this  
shovelheadt

For those with kids

Yes to the question.

But there's a really neat theory about time perception, or perceived duration. It goes that, when you're a kid, every hour you live is a much larger proportion of your entire life than that same hour is for an adult. So the older you get, the smaller the proportion gets. Some say that, as we age, this explains why days seem to be going by faster and faster. The days are the same length but they seem shorter compared to our entire existence.

Try a little experiment: spend an entire day playing with your kids and see if the day felt like it was longer (not because the kids misbehaved but just because it felt that way). I've tried it a number of times and it always seems like the days are longer when I play at "kid speed" for lack of a better term. Then when you get back to having normal adult days, they'll go by much faster again.

I think it's a nifty theory.

and if I could have caught him I would have gone Capone on his head.

We were out walking and my daughter was out ahead of us on her bike. When she came to an intersection she stopped to wait for us. This dog came running from across the street and ran up to within a foot of her and started to bark and snap at her. My wife and I were still a ways back and thought he was going to attack her for sure. She freaked and started to scream, which honestly might have helped as it seemed to back him off a little. We ran up to her and yelled at the dog to go away but he kept backing off a few feet and then charging back at us.

At that point I pulled out my stick - a piece of 1 x 2 oak about 30 inches long that we keep strapped to our stroller for just this type situation - and used it to back his ass back across the street to the house he appeared to have come from, hoping he belonged there and to tell them to get him off the focking street. By the time I reached the stoop he was a serious lunatic. I rang the doorbell and a lady answered but while I was trying to talk to her the focking cur got behind me and bit me on the ankle. The son who owned the dog came out right then and chased him off around the house before I could turn him into a greasespot. :D

I was pretty focking wild for a while, more because it scared me for my daughter than because it bit me. I can definitely sympathize with you.

Had to get a tetanus shot and I'm on anti-biotics for a the next week. They don't fock around with dog bites these days.

What a puss :first:

my 27 year old daughter graduates high school tommorow <_<

I call BS. I can't believe that you have a 19 year old daughter. ;)

What a puss :lol:

You would have had sex with the dog you closet beastiality fiend.

My oldest is going to college and I feel old.

My oldest is going to college and I feel old.

FEEL old? Gramps, you are old!

:banana:

I'm pretty sure he's never going to grow up.

:banana:

I'm pretty sure I'm never going to grow up either!

at least not all the way up...

I remember when my daughter was less than a month old, my ex and I were watching "Doogie Howser" and they were going to the prom. I started :ninja: , saying someday she will be doing that...She is going to be a sophmore next year :cheers:

Yes it f* *cking flies by!

Parrot, I would give the bill to the dog owner and I'd call my lawyer too.

Sue Everybody! :cheers:

My first Daughter was born in May 12 years ago. It seems like we were just changing her diapers. Now she's in middle school.

Mine just turned 13 in April. Yes it flies by. I like the theory about time proportional to total time lived.