Sign in to follow this  
tbone2370

Strength of Schedule!

I am looking for any input or rankings for strength of schedules this upcoming year. Any input will be helpful!

:(

Don't waste your time. Pick the best player who gets the ball the most for each position.

Strength of schedule is overrated in fantasy tearms.

I disagree....strength of schedule can help you make a decision on which player you will draft...I understand a stud is a stud but in later rounds when you are deciding on #3 or #4 RB or WR strength of schedule will help make the decision on who to choose...since by then everyone is about the same a players schedule is important...JMHO

The problem is the teams change so much year to year, who can say? Who knew the new Bears were going to be same as the old '86 Bears?

SOS is very important. A good example is Drew Brees going from the marginal at best AFC West defenses to tough defenses in the NFC South. Even if he wasn't injured at the end of the season, I wouldn't touch him with a ten foot pole because his numbers will drop drastically facing TB, Car and Atl twice.

As a Shaun Alexander owner, I simply love the NFC West schedule!

Trouble is that you can't go on last year's performances. It's what will happen this year. What you're seeking is a "projected strength of schedule." I've never seen that list, but there are projected team records so you can create your own.

I only make adjustments for players on teams at the extreme end of the spectrum -very easy or difficult.

:cry:

As a Shaun Alexander owner, I simply love the NFC West schedule!

Trouble is that you can't go on last year's performances. It's what will happen this year. What you're seeking is a "projected strength of schedule." I've never seen that list, but there are projected team records so you can create your own.

Agreed SOS is a factor but I do think that it is overrated. A projected SOS would be interesting b/c everything I see is based on last season and as we all know, in today's NFL teams can go from bad to good or vice versa in 1 year.

The NFC west has been pretty consistent as having weak D's in recent years with SF, ARI, and STL all being great fantasy matchups. The AFC west was similar but I think w/ the exception of OAK those days are over.

I will take a look at SOS as a factor if all other things are relatively equal but as others have said it really only becomes a deciding factor when one palyers schedule looks extremely more difficult than the others.

Hold up, anyone who thinks SOS doesnt mean anything is straight retarded. You think the Jags wouldve gone 12-4 without that chump easy schedule? Its quite evident they didnt belong in the playoffs after the beating NE put on them. Teams like SD wouldve been more fitting but beat up on each other in AFC West. What about Alexander scoring 27 TD's without playing in the NFC West? While some might say it is overrated, SOS shouldnt be disregarded on draft day. I know this site does a SOS rating but I'm not sure when it is coming out this season but yeah does anyone have any other sources regarding SOS?

Hold up, anyone who thinks SOS doesnt mean anything is straight retarded. You think the Jags wouldve gone 12-4 without that chump easy schedule? Its quite evident they didnt belong in the playoffs after the beating NE put on them. Teams like SD wouldve been more fitting but beat up on each other in AFC West. What about Alexander scoring 27 TD's without playing in the NFC West? While some might say it is overrated, SOS shouldnt be disregarded on draft day. I know this site does a SOS rating but I'm not sure when it is coming out this season but yeah does anyone have any other sources regarding SOS?

:thumbsup:

Yeah, you don't think every team in the NFC East should be in the playoffs this year?