Sign in to follow this  
CurlyNight

Heat/Mavs

Yeah, maybe if the Mavs win it all then it won't be fixed? Yeah right.

NBA officials suck, why do we pretend like this is something new?

Edit to add - Alonzo Mourning is awesome. Antoine Walker, not-so-awesome. Heat lead 49-48 at halftime. :lol:

Edit to add - Alonzo Mourning is awesome.

It should be no blood no foul :clap: :lol:

Edit to add - Alonzo Mourning is awesome. Antoine Walker, not-so-awesome. Heat lead 49-48 at halftime. :lol:

Heat goes on a 13-2 run to end the half. Of course the refs shot a couple of baskets for the Heat.

It should be no blood no foul :clap: :lol:

Well, they can't let it be entirely streetball, after all. :)

Poor way for the Mavs to end the half. The crowd completely went out of it once Miami made the run. Dallas can't hang their heads. These are the two most important periods of the season coming up.

that might be the first time i've ever heard a DEFENSIVE 3 second violation called :lol:

Don't watch much basketball, do you?

Heat goes on a 13-2 run to end the half. Of course the refs shot a couple of baskets for the Heat.

Hey don't make jokes...at least they're better shooters than Walker! :) :lol: :clap:

Why Johnson doesn't rip them a new one for not going to the basket is focking beyond me. Get it in focking gear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok, maybe the nba isnt fixed, but they really got to stop with the ticky-tac, "michael jordan rules" on individual players. it annoyed me then, and its relly pissing me off now. there's no reason why a player gets to the line 25 times in one game.

EDIT: a guard gets to the line 25 ties in one game

goddammit, why does the nba always ruin every good, close finals with poor officiating?

and i'm not a mavs fan (sixers fan), and before the series i didnt care who won, because i kinda liked both teams a little bit. but now, after watching mavs just get hosed over and over again, i can thelp but root for them.

josh howard looks like a scared little biatch out there. either he steps up, or bench him

Don't watch much basketball, do you?

i watch plenty, and i know that rule is in the books, but i dont remember the last time i saw it called on defense

Why Johnson doesn't rip them a new one for not going to the basket is focking beyond me. Get it in focking gear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:thumbsup:

ok, maybe the nba isnt fixed, but they really got to stop with the ticky-tac, "michael jordan rules" on individual players. it annoyed me then, and its relly pissing me off now. there's no reason why a player gets to the line 25 times in one game.

Star treatment in these games is annoying, but don't forget it's just as bad if not worse in the college game. When reflecting back on basketball, it's one aspect I want to forget. Sometimes it's hard to decifer which sport between basketball, baseball, and football is most controlled by officiating. In basketball they'll call fouls on clean blocks and flops. In baseball they pretty much invent their own strike zone as the game goes on. In football there is holding on every play but they decide when to call it.

I'm hoping for more crappy fouls against Dallas, a Heat win and then Mark Cuban going apeshit all over the officials faces with left, rights and a few headbutts. :thumbsup: :wall: :cry: :lol:

Star treatment in these games is annoying, but don't forget it's just as bad if not worse in the college game. When reflecting back on basketball, it's one aspect I want to forget. Sometimes it's hard to decifer which sport between basketball, baseball, and football is most controlled by officiating.

most college games arent too bad, except when it comes to the ACC basketball games. its really only certain players on certain teams (cough, cough, DUKE, cough, cough) that i see the star treatment too much.

back to the game. exactly why does miami have antoine walker on the team? why is he even play in the nba? i dont get it, the guy plays mediocre defense, and not only takes too many shots, he takes too many ill-timed/ill-advised ones at that. and his 3 point shooting percentage is crap (makes less then 1/3 of his 3's) yet he keeps chucking them up (to his credit, not as much in the last few games). a vastly overrated player, even when he was in his prime. do you realize that even with his poor 3 point shooting average, he's already ranked 16th all time for 3 pointers attempted, and he's not even 30 yrs old yet?

as someone who has bashed the hell out of cuban for a long time now...i fully support him. any neutral third-party person watching this series has to be embarrassed for the nba on what happened at the end of game 5. the heat parted like the red sea and didn't get within five feet of wade on that last play. that play at the end of the game is never--NEVER--called a foul. you have to earn the line on the last shot.

ridiculous. the only thing i'm sad about is that cuban didn't get to punch the commish in the face.

if there's any cosmic justice or karma, the mavs will win these two games.

i'd love to watch stern hand off the trophy to cuban.

god, i can't believe i'm becoming a cuban fan. you know how focking bad it's got to be for me to do that.

take heart, heat fan: the madison avenue star chamber that controls everything has decided that wade shall be the next annoited one. he's much more markable than that tall, ugly german guy playing for the mavs.

the nba is the great harlot, the giant wh0re. it's the reason i like it only slightly better than curling.

did i mention that devin harris sucks too. how many more bad passes, missed jumpers, clanked free throws, and botched layups is this guy gonna have

did i mention that devin harris sucks too. how many more bad passes, missed jumpers, clanked free throws, and botched layups is this guy gonna have

And flops, don't forget flops!

I am shocked they didn't call a foul on the Harris steal :cry: ... they made up for it just now though :blink:

And flops, don't forget flops!

when it comes to flops, there's wade and then the rest of the league is a distant 2nd. what a diva...

does anyone else hate this floating camera angle that they're using in this game? its getting on my nerves :cry:

I am shocked they didn't call a foul on the Harris steal :o ... they made up for it just now though :blink:

yeah, of course he does something good the second i'm done bashing him

The crowd has been taken completely out of the game. Once again the Mavs defense just falters after a huge lead. And the offense has become nothing but jumper after jumper after jumper.

when it comes to flops, there's wade and then the rest of the league is a distant 2nd. what a diva...

You want to talk about divas, what about the Pistons and their incessant whining. For a team that prides itself playing a hard-nosed, physical style of basketball, they can be such nancies with the refs. Same goes for Allen Iverson (which everybody talks about anyway) and Tim Duncan (which not enough people talk about).

The crowd has been taken completely out of the game. Once again the Mavs defense just falters after a huge lead. And the offense has become nothing but jumper after jumper after jumper.

Was just about to point that out but you beat me to it. I said before the series started that the Mavericks have the speed advantage over the Heat, and it has shown in the offensive runs Dallas has made. The Heat want to slow things down, the Mavs need to keep them quick.

As I typed this, Zo just made a big rejection of Daniels. The game is still within reach but Dallas has to get the momentum back before it's too late. The crowd is dead quiet.

Edit - And just like that, the crowd is back in the game, as are the Mavs.

You want to talk about divas, what about the Pistons and their incessant whining. For a team that prides itself playing a hard-nosed, physical style of basketball, they can be such nancies with the refs. Same goes for Allen Iverson (which everybody talks about anyway) and Tim Duncan (which not enough people talk about).

if there's one player that should complain to the refs, its iverson, the guy gets killed evertime he goes to the bucket. if anything, he should complain more. hell, there are some teams to this day that their entire defensive scheme when they play against iverson and the sixers is just flat out "rough up iverson" as early as possible.

i'll definitely give you tim duncan and especially manu ginobilli. every other play they're looking at the ref begging for a call.

i think i figured out another reason why i dont want the heat to win. as much as i like shaq and wade as players (even though wade's getting rediculous calls in his favor, thats not his fault), i hate teams that attract these over the hill star players (payton, mourning) to ride coattails to get their nba championship rings. i dont know why, but it just bothers me when these future hof'ers do this when they havent won a ring yet. just latch on to the team they feel have the best chance of winning a championship

tie game

if i know the nba, this is the point where the refs will now call everything in the mavs favor to ensure that this goes to a game seven. seems like they have already started, since the heat are already in the penalty

Huge trey by Posey!

:blink:

Oh man, final minute.

:blink:

another crappy call in wade's favor.

the refs gotta swallow his whistle on a tic tac call like that in the last minute of the game