Sign in to follow this  
kolp

The Annual "What's your Favorite Draft Day Food/Beverage"?

50 extra hot hooters wings , 6 Tums, 1 large pack of baby wipes, Ice chest full of Sam Adams Boston Lager, and finally a nice Cohiba or Trinidad to finish it off.....God I can't wait! :first:

So let's have em....What's your draft day menu?

Food - whatever's there

Beverage - Something from Sprecher on tap

Every year I host our draft party. I pick up 3-4 party platters from Chilli's, which have boneless wings, chicken crispers, southwestern egg rolls and mozzerella sticks. It is quite a hit.

50 extra hot hooters wings , 6 Tums, 1 large pack of baby wipes, Ice chest full of Sam Adams Boston Lager, and finally a nice Cohiba or Trinidad to finish it off.....God I can't wait! :lol:

So let's have em....What's your draft day menu?

Damn you know how to do it up! :lol:

Food on draft day is like the points on Whose Line. Just doesn't matter. Foster's Lager. Everyone is required to bring a bottle of shot beverage (they must submit their choice to me so that there are no duplicates).

I do make pulled pork with coices of different hot sauce to add and standard condiment fare.

Did wings once. Never again. Guys were so busy wiping hands when it's their turn to draft and invariably leads to guys drafting players already chosen because their hands were to messy to cross guys off their lists.

Two 5 gal Kegs of whatever i have brewed and ready, this year probably a couple of nice pale ales, maybe a newkie clone. Probably have an assortment of BBQ Meats, Pulled Pork, Brisket, Chickens.

:thumbsup:

two words - OVER RATED

No way. Hooters wings are good stuff. Vastly overpriced, yes, but all things being equal, I'll take a pile of Hooters wings any day of the week.

I only have a beer after the draft. I let the clowns get loaded during and then I am able to draft circles around them and win the championship :rolleyes:

I only have a beer after the draft. I let the clowns get loaded during and then I am able to draft circles around them and win the championship :banana:

I could have swore you had the cheese and wine :banana:

two words - OVER RATED

I agree, hooters has some nice scenery and is a decent place to sit and have a few beers, but their food sux.

your typical pizza (on a break though, not during the draft) and ice cold miller lite...

No beer?

Normally we have a few cases of Sam Adams Sampler Packs and Yuengling, but I bring my own six pack of Guiness ('cause I know no one will touch them).

Typically, the food is basic: a few hoagie trays from the local sandwich shop, a tray of wings (no way can they be from Hooeters 'cause we'll spend more time on the can than actually drafting), some good ole Philly soft pretzels, and an assortment of Herrs and Utz snacks (love the Utz gourmet chips, yeah).

Oh, and a fresh can of Skoal. :banana:

Venison Summer sausage and crackers

Mountain dew to keep my edge while everyone else drinks beer

A nice sativa to keep things interesting without that nasty couch lock.

Cool tasty malted beverages, and a shot glass in the middle of the table with Jack Daniels and a chunk of cheese in it for anyone that drafts a Packer. It gets re-filled after each pick.

:thumbsup:

Party Sub Sandwiches

Mini Burritos

Meat & Cheese Tray

Veggie Tray

Donuts

Cake (one of the old-timers in our league has his wife make a football cake from scratch) :lol:

Beverages vary in our group.

I go with Diet Pepsi 'cause I'm not a drinker anymore

The GlenLevit with some The GlenLevit :thumbsup:

I'll take the JW Blue any day of the week. :ninja:

Doctor friend of mine brought it down to an Eagles game tailgate one morning. Good stuff. Actually enjoyed it at 9am having some steak and eggs on the BBQ. :thumbsup:

EXCELLENT choice of beer :shocking:

Im gonna take a few Bells Cherry Stouts, a few Oberons, an Expedition Stout, and when the draft in finished, Ill enjoy a Kuhnhenn Raspberry Eisbock.

As for food, we're gonna do Burgers, Dogs, and Brats on the grill.

:wacko:

I'll take the JW Blue any day of the week. :thumbsdown:

Well, yeah, at $200 a bottle vs $40 a bottle, I would think so.