Sign in to follow this  
LittleRoman

Let's see your top 5 Qb's

1-big manning

2-little manning :clap:

3-culpepper :D

4-abrooks :wub:

5-bledsoe/palmer

i dont know who the #2 QB was last year behind palmer, but compare him to peyton manning. manning last year had 3750/28 and 45 on the ground.

aaron brooks by the meager stats i put up -- all of which he could easily improve on this season -- beats last year's version of peyton manning by 17 points, an entire ppg.

if youre too dumb to know how much run stats affect QBs, thats not my problem.

ahhh these brooks lovers really are something. Saying he will be the #2 qb. Wow I cant wait till they lose some money this season. O well :huh:

Awww. Let them have their fun dad.

It's like buying a lottery ticket thinking you have a good chance to win millions.

1st, the Top 5 QBs forecast for 2005 were...

Culpepper

Manning

McNabb

Green and

Plummer........according to one very reliable source. Some others had Bulger, Favre or Collins there.

None of those experts had Carson Palmer, Tom Brady, Eli Manning, Drew Bledsoe, Drew Brees or Michael Vick in their top 5s........ Point is, expect the unexpected. having said that, here's my list.....

Peyton Manning

Jake Delhomme

Drew Bledsoe

Philip Rivers

Marc Bulger

-Manning is a no brainer. He'll throw for around 40TDs this season without James in the house.

-Delhomme doesnt have a goalline beast in Stephen Davis around anymore, but he's got Keyshawn for the redzone, and of course Steve Smith, but Drew Carter will make a difference this year with the Panthers at WR, who along with Colbert as a 4 make their corp of WRs very solid. I dont see the rushing attack being prolific. I see Delhomme going off.

-Drew Bledsoe...........exit Keyshawn, enter TO......enough said.

-Philip Rivers will be my super sleeper pick this year like Eli and Palmer a year ago. Noone saw Eli's season coming either, and he didnt have the weapons Rivers has.

-Bulger will play smarter football now and avoid the big hits with improved line play up front. He's a survivor imo with the quickest release in football, and I think he understands its time to produce or move on.....and the only way to produce is to stay on the field. They still have a slew of weapons to go to. He'll get those guys the ball often.

1st, the Top 5 QBs forecast for 2005 were...

Culpepper

Manning

McNabb

Green and

Plummer........according to one very reliable source. Some others had Bulger, Favre or Collins there.

None of those experts had Carson Palmer, Tom Brady, Eli Manning, Drew Bledsoe, Drew Brees or Michael Vick in their top 5s........ Point is, expect the unexpected. having said that, here's my list.....

Peyton Manning

Jake Delhomme

Drew Bledsoe

Philip Rivers

Marc Bulger

1st off Culpepper was not ranked 1st at qb last year. Manning was coming off his 49 td season.

Second of all experts didnt pick vick in their top 5 and were smart because he had a mediocre year last year. So I dont know why you included him in the list of good qbs last year.

And lastly your qb rankings I totally disagree with. Manning 1 obviously, but Delhomme 2? Bledsoe 3? and Rivers 4? are you kidding me? Delhomme is a good qb who i would take late as a starter but will put up stats like he does every year not #2 material. Bledsoe is just one year older and I do think he will have a solid year with T.O but not as good of a year as Palmer, Hasslebeck, Brady, Bulger, Mcnabb. And the worst was Rivers. He has no experience yet. He isnt even getting drafted in a lot of leagues. They will rely on the run and he will dump it off to gates and LT and thats it. They have no wrs and theres no way he is a top 5 qb. If brees wasnt a top 5 qb last year what makes you think basically a rookie will be? I like Bulger at 5 but I thought 2-4 were pretty insane. Craziest ive seen this year anyway

ahhh these brooks lovers really are something. Saying he will be the #2 qb. Wow I cant wait till they lose some money this season. O well :thumbsup:

respond to the facts, or dont waste my time.

That forecast was straight out of ProForecast magazine, and Culpepper was coming off a 41TD season where he rushed for over 400 yds. And Vick finished top 5 in one of my leagues that rewards QBs for rushing yds and TDs. He had over 600yds rushing and 6 TDs. So, not a great year, but in that league it was solid. I find it hard to believe that people dont give Delhomme more love. He's basically Tom Brady with a feature WR. The last 2 years, he's had 30 and 25 total TDs, and he's not yet peaked statistically, imo. Brady was 2nd or 3rd in many leagues last season, and he's equally unspectacular. JD is a top 5 lock this year, imo. Bledsoe had 25TDs and over 3600yds without a dominant receiver, and sees his primary WR Keyshawn, easily one of the slowest and worst lead receivers in the league, replaced by one of the best in TO. Thats a little bit of a no brainer as well. Rivers is the only reach on this list really, so I cant argue with questions concerning that choice, but someone in the top 5 will come out of nowhere to have a great season, so it may as well be the guy with Gates and Tomlinson to throw to.

1. P Manning - The ONLY sure stud at the position.

2. Hasselbeck - When a good offense stays mostly together year after year like the Seahawks, it makes a player like Hasselbeck a nice safe pick. Loss of Hutchinson shouldnt affect Hass as much as Shaun.

3. Vick - Assuming the standard 4 pt passing TD system, Vick gives you good points with his legs. Things are looking up for Vick this year IMO and I'm projecting big numbers.

4. Warner - He's lost his job before and lost it to a rookie recently. But he's on maybe the best possible team for a fantasy QB and has put up huge numbers more than a few times in his career. Just win some games Kurt and keep the rookie on the bench.

5. McNabb - I dont like the receivers much, but McNabb has been at the top in PPG over the past several seasons even w/o TO. He's also still got one of the NFL's best receiving RBs.

1. P Manning - The ONLY sure stud at the position.

2. Hasselbeck - When a good offense stays mostly together year after year like the Seahawks, it makes a player like Hasselbeck a nice safe pick. Loss of Hutchinson shouldnt affect Hass as much as Shaun.

3. Vick - Assuming the standard 4 pt passing TD system, Vick gives you good points with his legs. Things are looking up for Vick this year IMO and I'm projecting big numbers.

4. Warner - He's lost his job before and lost it to a rookie recently. But he's on maybe the best possible team for a fantasy QB and has put up huge numbers more than a few times in his career. Just win some games Kurt and keep the rookie on the bench.

5. McNabb - I dont like the receivers much, but McNabb has been at the top in PPG over the past several seasons even w/o TO. He's also still got one of the NFL's best receiving RBs.

I agree Manning is the only stud.

1. Manning

2. Hasselbeck

3. Brady

4. Bledsoe

5. Palmer??

Those of you who are discounting Bledsoe as a top 5 Qb this year dont have a clue. Bledsoe finished last year as the #6 QB in my leagues scoring system. :ninja:

This year he adds arguably the best playmaking Wr in the NFL to T. Glenn and Witten who were both very productive last year.

Bledsoe is without a doubt the QB that I am targeting this year.

to the guy that had the nerve to put Bledsoe in the top 5:

don't buy into the TO hype: Parcells uses a running offense, and Bledsoe is approaching AARP status . . . and that OL has issues . . .

good luck . . .

Last year Bledsoe was 8th in TD's with 23 and 8th in Yardage with 3,639.

This year with:

-Addition of TO

-Implementation of Two TE sets

-Healthy and improved OL

-Improved Def

It's very possible for Bledsoe to be a top five QB.

The only thing that may hurt his TD numbers is Vanderjagt.

I think you'll see Parcells playing more conversative, because Dallas wont always have to go to the end zone in close games like last year with their crappy contigent of kickers

i think the sleeper this year that will end up as a top five qb will be culpper.

Yes...this is very very true. :D