LittleRoman

Let's see your top 5 Qb's

manning

brady

hasselbeck

mcnabb

bledsoe

notable: palmer(injury concern??)

Seems like everyone is pretty high on Brady. I dont get Mcnabb though. How are you guys so high on him when he has no recievers. Look at the 02 and 03 seasons without TO:

2002 PHI 10 10 211 361 2,289 17 6 62 464 6 264.9 26.5

2003 PHI 16 16 275 478 3,216 16

02 2289 and 17 TD's

03 3216 and 16 TD's ------HORRIBLE

1. Peyton Manning

2. Carson Palmer (healthy)

3. Tom Brady

4. Jake Delhomme

5. Matt Hasselhoff

If Palmer is not healthy, I would drop him out of the top 5, move everyone up a spot, and insert McNabb at #5.

1. Peyton Manning

3. Tom Brady

4. Jake Delhomme

5. Matt Hasselhoff

If Palmer is not healthy, I would drop him out of the top 5, move everyone up a spot, and insert McNabb at #5.

This list is the truth....But if Palmers out, I would probably put Eli at 5 instead of McNabb....

1) P. Manning - I think his numbers will be closer to 2 years ago than last year. The departure of James will bring about a little more reliance on the passing game.

2) C. Palmer - This assumes he can start the season healthy.

3)E Manning - Was the #4 QB in our league last season and he has all the components back from last year plus he should be improving

4) T. Brady - I look for a decline in his production as the Patriots get back to playing better all around football and rely on him less.

5) M. Hasselbeck - Not a glamour player, but puts up solid stats and has fewer risks than the next level of QB's (McNabb, Delhomme, Green, Bulger, etc.)

To the guys putting McNabb in the top 5 please explain how or why with no receivers ?????

Coupled with the fact that in 02 and 03 without To his #'s were not even top 20.

Since everyone has pretty much the same players (Manning, Brady), I thought I'd list the players I think will exceed expectations. They may not have huge years, but they'll put up some decent points... atleast more than everyone is expecting. Anyway, here it goes ....

1. Aaron Brooks - He's not #1 on my list because he's the best. He's #1 on my list because I think he'll do a lot better than what the "experts" are thinking. Any QB that's throwing to Moss has the potential to put up huge numbers. Look at those ridiculous stats Culpepper put up a few years ago. The difference between Culpepper and Kerry Collins is that Culpepper was able to buy extra time w/ his feet, as opposed to the statuesqe Collins. As a result, Collins failed miserably in a situation where he could have put up huge numbers. Brooks, like Culpepper can buy time w/ his feet. And with Moss stretching the defense, it opens up the field for long runs by Brooks ... another thing that Collins couldn't do. The one thing that bothers me about Brooks is that this is his first year with a new offense, so i'm sure he'll struggle at times. What round pick do you think Brooks deserves?

2. Michael Vick - he's still young and has many years experience running the Falcon's version of the West Coast offense, which takes a few years to master. He's been slowly improving each year as a passer as he's been getting away from being solely a running threat. The news of him and Roddy White spending time in the offseason to work on their chemistry will pay dividends. I'm expecting a good year from Vick.

3. Jake Delhomme - He's rated as the 10th or 11th best QB in most listings. I think he was definitely Top 10 material last year and I think he has the potential to be Top 5 this year with the addition of the sure-handed Keyshawn Johnson taking pressure off of Steve Smith. Imagine the year Smith could have had last year if he wasn't double and triple teamed on every play. Keyshawn will keep defenses honest which Delhomme will be able to exploit at will. He's definitely on my radar.

anybody I miss?

Since everyone has pretty much the same players (Manning, Brady), I thought I'd list the players I think will exceed expectations. They may not have huge years, but they'll put up some decent points... atleast more than everyone is expecting. Anyway, here it goes ....

1. Aaron Brooks - He's not #1 on my list because he's the best. He's #1 on my list because I think he'll do a lot better than what the "experts" are thinking. Any QB that's throwing to Moss has the potential to put up huge numbers. Look at those ridiculous stats Culpepper put up a few years ago. The difference between Culpepper and Kerry Collins is that Culpepper was able to buy extra time w/ his feet, as opposed to the statuesqe Collins. As a result, Collins failed miserably in a situation where he could have put up huge numbers. Brooks, like Culpepper can buy time w/ his feet. And with Moss stretching the defense, it opens up the field for long runs by Brooks ... another thing that Collins couldn't do. The one thing that bothers me about Brooks is that this is his first year with a new offense, so i'm sure he'll struggle at times. What round pick do you think Brooks deserves?

2. Michael Vick - he's still young and has many years experience running the Falcon's version of the West Coast offense, which takes a few years to master. He's been slowly improving each year as a passer as he's been getting away from being solely a running threat. The news of him and Roddy White spending time in the offseason to work on their chemistry will pay dividends. I'm expecting a good year from Vick.

3. Jake Delhomme - He's rated as the 10th or 11th best QB in most listings. I think he was definitely Top 10 material last year and I think he has the potential to be Top 5 this year with the addition of the sure-handed Keyshawn Johnson taking pressure off of Steve Smith. Imagine the year Smith could have had last year if he wasn't double and triple teamed on every play. Keyshawn will keep defenses honest which Delhomme will be able to exploit at will. He's definitely on my radar.

anybody I miss?

Man what is up with all this Brooks talk????!!! apparently none of you got to see saints games for the past few seasons...HE SUCKS A$$!!!....bad decisions all around...Moss is good yes, but brooks has had horn and stallworth for the past couple of seasons..I would not put any stock into brooks until he proves himself, which he hasnt done yet....

to the guy that had the nerve to put Bledsoe in the top 5:

don't buy into the TO hype: Parcells uses a running offense, and Bledsoe is approaching AARP status . . . and that OL has issues . . .

good luck . . .

I agree with Burdsheet great post. I think Abooks might be my # 2 QB in a league where we start 2 QB's. Delhomme is excellent and I agree should be a # 7 or 8 QB. Burdsheet - good post.

Man what is up with all this Brooks talk????!!! apparently none of you got to see saints games for the past few seasons...HE SUCKS A$$!!!....bad decisions all around...Moss is good yes, but brooks has had horn and stallworth for the past couple of seasons..I would not put any stock into brooks until he proves himself, which he hasnt done yet....

I agree that Brooks has been pretty lousy in N.O. .... I doubt that Brooks will even be drafted in most small leagues. I'm in a 8 team league and last year I was able to pick up Drew Bledsoe as a free agent because no one thought much of him because he sucked @ss in Buffalo. He turned out to be a great pick up for me. Moss has the ability to make a decent QB look great ... I'm just thinking that Moss may be able to take some of the pressure off of Brooks because he doesn't do well when all the pressure is on him. Same can be said about Culpepper. Only time will tell.

I agree that Brooks has been pretty lousy in N.O. .... I doubt that Brooks will even be drafted in most small leagues. I'm in a 8 team league and last year I was able to pick up Drew Bledsoe as a free agent because no one thought much of him because he sucked @ss in Buffalo. He turned out to be a great pick up for me. Moss has the ability to make a decent QB look great ... I'm just thinking that Moss may be able to take some of the pressure off of Brooks because he doesn't do well when all the pressure is on him. Same can be said about Culpepper. Only time will tell.

as a louisiana native and a saints fan I am telling you to leave brooks alone until you have a proven starter drafted...the guy makes REAL bad plays, plain and simple. and not because of rushing or anything like that...he can be standing up like a statue in the pocket with a 1 man rush and still throw a pick 15 yds short...i have seen it...moss didnt make collins any better...and bledsoe was way proven before he left buffalo...bledsoe is on another level (or at least has been before)

I disagree. Last year was a disaster all around for the Saints. Prior to last year, he had four consecutive years with 3500+ passsing yds and 25+ combined rush/pass TDs. Other than Manning, can any other QB match that?

Yes, he does make bad decisions although his interception totals aren't as high as I thought they'd be. And I wouldn't be confortable with him as the starting QB of my favourite NFL team but we're talking fantasy here. At least I think we are.

I think he has proven himself to be a good fantasy QB.

I agree with Burdsheet great post. I think Abooks might be my # 2 QB in a league where we start 2 QB's. Delhomme is excellent and I agree should be a # 7 or 8 QB. Burdsheet - good post.

yeah .. i'm in a 2 QB league too and it's difficult to get two quality QB's unless you're foolish enough to waste early picks on them. Picking up guys like Brooks and the others late in a draft or in free agency is key to winning 2 QB leagues. Last year I had McNabb and Favre as my QB's and they were both kicking @ss early in the season until they each had their own problems. I was lucky enough to pick up Bledsoe in free agency when McNabb went down, but I had to suffer through w/ Favre's poor play on an injury-ravaged team because the only quality QB's left in free agency were people like Losman and Boller.

The guys i'm looking at with the later picks are the guys I mentioned above as well as McNair, Carr, Kitna. McNabb is going to fall into the middle rounds because of the lack of a great receiver. He's still a great athlete and a leader .... grab him in the middle rounds if you can.

What do yo guys think if Simms? I can't decide. He's still young and last year could have been a fluke. Defenses won't be as surprised by him this year so I'm thinking he's not going to do as well this year.

Unfortunately, I do not know much about Simms.

However, you bring up a great QB in Favre.

I think I might be stupid to think he will be left in later rounds. Look at his stats he always produces !!!

What do you think about him ?

Unfortunately, I do not know much about Simms.

However, you bring up a great QB in Favre.

I think I might be stupid to think he will be left in later rounds. Look at his stats he always produces !!!

What do you think about him ?

I picked up Favre last year and he was doing great until his team fell apart on him. I look at how he did in the first few weeks of last season when he had familiar faces around him. He ended up tanking at the very end because he was trying to do too much by himself. Now that all his teammates are back, I think Favre's going to have a productive year. He'll definitely be left in the later rounds ... the only thing going against him is that he's in a new offense, but it's supposedly the same type offense that he's used to, just different terminology. Great QB's are still pretty good even when they're over the hill. Marino, Montana, even Jim Kelly were still putting up good numbers late in their career. And the plus w/ Favre is that he rarely gets hurt, so if he does well, you'd get to use him throughout the whole season. And I'm thinking that since they did so $hitty last year, they'll probably get one of the more easier schedules this season. I'd take him as high as a middle rounder .. we draft like 19 or 20 players, but it depends on where everyone else is falling and who's left when the time comes.

1. Peyton Manning

3. Tom Brady

4. Jake Delhomme

5. Matt Hasselhoff

This has my vote. I don't think Bulger will be as good as last year conisdering Martz is gone. Delhomme will be awesome this year with Johnson and Smith

Anyone remember a guy by the name of Jim Plunket that played for the Raiders when his career was almost over? I am not saying that Brooks is in the same class as Plunket, but a change of zip code may be what he needs. He has a lot of talent around him so anything can happen.

Mcnabb is maybe a 9-10 on my list. His best receivers are L.J. Smith and Westbrook. Pinkston might work out, but with the o-line possibly making changes I doubt you will see the Fantasy numbers. Plus McNabb doesn't run out of the pocket like he used to. Like I said 10 maybe 9 !!

P. Manning

Tom Brady

M. Bulger

M. Hasselbeck

Carson / Culpepper / Eli (health and youth makes this a toss-up for me at #5)

I picked up Favre last year and he was doing great until his team fell apart on him. I look at how he did in the first few weeks of last season when he had familiar faces around him. He ended up tanking at the very end because he was trying to do too much by himself. Now that all his teammates are back, I think Favre's going to have a productive year. He'll definitely be left in the later rounds ... the only thing going against him is that he's in a new offense, but it's supposedly the same type offense that he's used to, just different terminology. Great QB's are still pretty good even when they're over the hill. Marino, Montana, even Jim Kelly were still putting up good numbers late in their career. And the plus w/ Favre is that he rarely gets hurt, so if he does well, you'd get to use him throughout the whole season. And I'm thinking that since they did so $hitty last year, they'll probably get one of the more easier schedules this season. I'd take him as high as a middle rounder .. we draft like 19 or 20 players, but it depends on where everyone else is falling and who's left when the time comes.

That's silly. The same team that fell apart last season is still apart. Javon Walker is gone. Green and Davenport are still not 100%.

Favre was awful last year. He cost me bigtime.

Favre has always tried to do it all himself. He was a great player, but he doesn't have the talent left to makes those marginal players around him better.

If Green and Davenport can return to form, maybe he puts up decent numbers. How can say he'll be better this year when he lost his best receiver?

I will, however, say that I love Driver this season. :blink:

With the excpetion of last year, Brooks has traditionally been a Top 10 fantasy QB in any format, that's why. Now he gets better weapons and a chance to redeem himself for last year's poor season. It is certainly not out of the realm of possibility to think he will. Fantasy <> Reality

This has my vote. I don't think Bulger will be as good as last year conisdering Martz is gone. Delhomme will be awesome this year with Johnson and Smith

Delhomme's gonna light it up. Keyshaun is a solid addition, but I think it's the lack of their typical running game that will give him more opportunities to throw the ball. Goings and Foster aren't exactly the second coming of Lydell Mitchell/Franco Harris, IMO.

Bulger's numbers were a product of the system he was in. It's gonna be Stephen Jackson left, Stephen Jackson right, Steven Jackson up the middle. Needless to say, I love Stephen Jackson this year.

In no particular order,

Brady - I just don't believe that the NE runnning game will be all set this year with the inevitable passing of the torch from Dillon to Maroney. Although Brady is without some weapons, the Patriots have a history of finding guys who pick up the slack. Watson could be in for a big year.

Manning - Not hard to imagine that the Indy running game takes a back seat to Peyton when it comes to getting wins plus Manning has a lot of great targets.

Bulger - the jury's still out how much this team will resort to the run. As long as he's protected, Bulger knows how to light up a scoreboard

Vick - something tells me he starts to put it together this year and gels with his young receivers

Brooks - Who knows, he just may have a healthy Randy Moss to work with and the 2-4 receivers are all very good, plus Al loves the vertical game.

5. Matt Hasselhoff

i didn't know David's little brother played football :wall:

Manning

Palmer

Hasselbeck

McNabb

Brady

To the guys putting McNabb in the top 5 please explain how or why with no receivers ?????

Coupled with the fact that in 02 and 03 without To his #'s were not even top 20.

Well, let's see.

2001 he was 7th

2002 he was 13th

2003 he was 13th

2004 he was 3rd

2005 he was 18th even with missing the last 7 games.

He is ranked so high because he is consistently on a pass first offense that throws no matter who is out there.

Not to mention that in the red zone they almost always pass, and when they run, its usually him doing it.

2002 and 2003 were awhile ago. In those years guys like Gannon were number one and that was back when a guy named Vick was a top 5 QB. Does that mean you would take him top five? The fact that Donovan is consistantly up there is why people have him up so high. And I wouldn't say he has no one to throw to. Word here in Philly is that Reggie Brown is shaping up into a very good number 1. Take it for what its worth.

That being said

Carson Palmer

Peyton Manning

Brady

Trent Green :wacko: Just think Gonzo will have a great year, LJ is quite a good receiver. I am looking for Green to drop in most drafts because of craptastic year in 2005. bounce back to former self this year.

Culpepper

PManning

TBrady

MHasselbeck

MBulger

DMcNabb

*insert CPalmer anywhere under PManning if he's healthy.

i didn't know David's little brother played football :rolleyes:

Manning

Palmer

Hasselbeck

McNabb

Brady

They're finally gonna let him bring his car on the field to play WR. :banana:

1. Peyton

2. Brady

3. Eli-

4. Hasselbeck

5. Palmer-I can't see him making it the entire season, if so he is #2

I disagree. Last year was a disaster all around for the Saints. Prior to last year, he had four consecutive years with 3500+ passsing yds and 25+ combined rush/pass TDs. Other than Manning, can any other QB match that?

Yes, he does make bad decisions although his interception totals aren't as high as I thought they'd be. And I wouldn't be confortable with him as the starting QB of my favourite NFL team but we're talking fantasy here. At least I think we are.

I think he has proven himself to be a good fantasy QB.

You just made my argument for Brees being the QB to target. The Saints will score mostly through the air. You have very nice 1/2 WRs. A massive, athletic receiving TE that has finally developed into a producer. Bush & McAllister will get plenty of receptions. The coachs will try to get the ball to Bush in space. Dump off passes for big gains are coming on a plate.

Yes Brooks has weapons, but this is a new system & he has a history of poor decision making. Brees is now proven & ready to produce.

My top 5 QBs?

1. Carson Palmer (looks like he will be 100%)

2. Peyton Manning

3. Tom Brady

4. Donovan McNabb

5. Bulger if healthy, but I'd probably go with a safer pick in my draft like Hassle or Eli.

aaron brooks is the #2 QB on my QB rankings list, and i dont expect him to move by draft day.

kerry collins had 3800 and 20 last year in 15 games for the raiders during a terrible year and with moss hurt all season. aaron brooks is, at worst, as good as kerry collins, and the raiders cant be any worse than they were last year. brooks should easily go over 3500 and 20 in the air. but the difference between these two guys is on the ground. collins did nothing. brooks will run for 200+ and a few TDs. in most leagues, that is the equivalent of about 800 extra passing yards, or 8 extra passing TDs.

i have brooks for 3600/24 in the air, and 225/2 on the ground.

aaron brooks has about 6 years of career to consider. consider those numbers to his career. hes reached that yardage mark in the air 4 times, and hes passed it twice. hes had 24 or more TDs three times in his career. hes run for 225 or more 3 times. and hes had at least 2 rushing TDs every season but one.

and all of that puts him #2 on my QB list.

aaron brooks is the #2 QB on my QB rankings list, and i dont expect him to move by draft day.

kerry collins had 3800 and 20 last year in 15 games for the raiders during a terrible year and with moss hurt all season. aaron brooks is, at worst, as good as kerry collins, and the raiders cant be any worse than they were last year. brooks should easily go over 3500 and 20 in the air. but the difference between these two guys is on the ground. collins did nothing. brooks will run for 200+ and a few TDs. in most leagues, that is the equivalent of about 800 extra passing yards, or 8 extra passing TDs.

i have brooks for 3600/24 in the air, and 225/2 on the ground.

aaron brooks has about 6 years of career to consider. consider those numbers to his career. hes reached that yardage mark in the air 4 times, and hes passed it twice. hes had 24 or more TDs three times in his career. hes run for 225 or more 3 times. and hes had at least 2 rushing TDs every season but one.

and all of that puts him #2 on my QB list.

:clap: :D thats ridiculous but even if those were his real numbers than you think that 3600 yards and 24 tds with some rushing points will be second best at qb? no way