Sign in to follow this  
Alimony Tony

Round 2 picks Discussion

2.01 Jerome Harrison RB CLE - CMT

Scratching me arse on this one. :pointstosky: Does CMT know something here that I don't?

Scratching me arse on this one. :pointstosky: Does CMT know something here that I don't?

Backup to Droughns, actually not a bad pick

Scratching me arse on this one. :wacko: Does CMT know something here that I don't?

He just might. This kid did nothing but produce in college, and the only knock on him that i've found is size. He happens to be listed at the same size and weight as Tiki Barber, so i'm not convinced that is an issue. Plus, the RB situation in Cle isn't exactly loaded. It's conceivable that this kid could see time sooner rather than later. I would have taken him if CMT hadn't.

Also, Santonio Holmes: :huh:

I had the CLE RB ranked pretty low, give the fact that a CLE RB hasn't been a fantasy factor in a while.

Travis Wilson is gonna be a good. :first: He's better than his stats showed at oklahoma last year. Seen him play quite a bit.

The only concern is Cleveland. Wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't end up the #2 guy there, though. I didn't see much better value at this pick.

Travis Wilson is gonna be a good. :thumbsup: He's better than his stats showed at oklahoma last year. Seen him play quite a bit.

The only concern is Cleveland. Wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't end up the #2 guy there, though. I didn't see much better value at this pick.

My only question would be about taking him at 2.3 He went in the 5th round in Requiem, and pick 29 in IAIABOOLBGIAAL, so there is a good chance he'd have been there at 3.3. If he's the only guy you wanted to make sure you got though, then I guess you take him and not worry about it.

My only question would be about taking him at 2.3 He went in the 5th round in Requiem, and pick 29 in IAIABOOLBGIAAL, so there is a good chance he'd have been there at 3.3. If he's the only guy you wanted to make sure you got though, then I guess you take him and not worry about it.

Thought about it, but I didn't think he'd be there at 3.3. That's 10 more picks with most of them probably being wide receivers and he was in the top 7 or 8 of every rookie receiver list I saw.

Brandon does realize that even though his team already has 2 TEs, this league doesn't require one right? :sleep:

alsodaviscouldbeamonster

If Edwards doesn't pan out and Moss is more interested in making smoothies than catching TD's, I'm going with the 4 TE set this year.

The guy has receiver speed and he was the #7 pick in the NFL draft. He scouted out like crazy at the combine, and it strikes me that he's better than any receiver left.

If Edwards doesn't pan out and Moss is more interested in making smoothies than catching TD's, I'm going with the 4 TE set this year.

The guy has receiver speed and he was the #7 pick in the NFL draft. He scouted out like crazy at the combine, and it strikes me that he's better than any receiver left.

If he played for any other team than the lowly 49r's then I would have had an interest in him as a WR. However, 49rs are going to be bad as long as Alex Smith is their quarterback.

However, it seems to be consensus that I'm an idiot when I could have had Vince Young and Travis Wilson in the 4th round. :wub:

countdown to quote manipulation on the sentence above. 5..........4..........3............2............1

Still looking for picks. i have 2 players eyed and 1 or the other should be there, so looking for a pick shortly

Seriously. Quick kicking me in the balls with these picks.

FOCKING UDERPONG!@#$!@#$!@#!$ :cry: :D :mad:

<_<

I like the Kitna pick. I would have made it myself but I had to go need here. I saw Hagan chew LSU up early in the year.

Nice stats last year and nice size.

77 1210 15.7 8

6'2" 209

There isn't much there at WR this year. I don't have much confidence in Holmes and Jackson. Throw a dart and hope you hit the right one.

I'm sure Saban watched Hagan against LSU last year and was impressed somewhat since he picked him. I figure that and having Culpepper to throw to him made him worth a shot.

There isn't much there at WR this year. I don't have much confidence in Holmes and Jackson. Throw a dart and hope you hit the right one.

I'm sure Saban watched Hagan against LSU last year and was impressed somewhat since he picked him. I figure that and having Culpepper to throw to him made him worth a shot.

For some goofy reason, I thought Hagan was already taken when I took Travis Wilson. :lol:

For some goofy reason, I thought Hagan was already taken when I took Travis Wilson. :mad:

Goofy seems to be your calling card. :mad:

Even though Hagan was drafted behind some other WRs I like him better. Hopefully he will develop into a good WR. WR seems to be the hardest position to evaluate for me.

Scorp and BUrt you jackasses. :huh:

You take the two players i wanted to pick , main reason i traded cause i thought one would be available..

BTW Burt you have a trade offer... :thumbsup:

I like the Kitna pick. I would have made it myself but I had to go need here. I saw Hagan chew LSU up early in the year.

Nice stats last year and nice size.

77 1210 15.7 8

6'2" 209

For my team, a QB that plays is actually a need. Then again, a RB that plays is also a need.

BTW Burt you have a trade offer... :(

Cant do it, guy. Croyle is the guy I was targeting all along. I feel he's gonna be the starter there in a couple of years. I'm short at QB to begin with so hopefully he'll be able to fill that need for me when the time comes.

Cant do it, guy. Croyle is the guy I was targeting all along. I feel he's gonna be the starter there in a couple of years. I'm short at QB to begin with so hopefully he'll be able to fill that need for me when the time comes.

Would you be willing to part with future picks?

Would you be willing to part with future picks?

He doesn't have any future picks. :banana: :P :mad:

I've got his 1st next year, I think Brandon has his 2nd, and I'm pretty sure I've read somewhere that someone has his 3rd and 4th.

He doesn't have any future picks. :lol: :wacko: :lol:

I've got his 1st next year, I think Brandon has his 2nd, and I'm pretty sure I've read somewhere that someone has his 3rd and 4th.

Thats right, I already have his 3rd. Maybe we need to start talking to him about 2008.

Thats right, I already have his 3rd. Maybe we need to start talking to him about 2008.

That focker better not be planning on bailing after this season. He gave up all his future picks and his team will be hard to find an owner for. :wacko: :lol:

We have to force him to stay via lawsuit. :lol:

That focker better not be planning on bailing after this season. He gave up all his future picks and his team will be hard to find an owner for. :wacko: :lol:

We have to force him to stay via lawsuit. :lol:

As long as the trade carrot is dangled in front of him, he'll hang around.

na, i am gonna enjoy kicking all you asses fro several years to come!!!! :ninja:

I have now Cobbs in 3 dynasty leagues. I'm banking on few things by taking this flyer multiple times.

1. Cobbs has natural talent. At one point in his college career he was compared to Bo Jackson by ESPN the Magazine.

2. Shannahan gets off on taking guys no one else wanted and making them stars.

3. Ron Dayne and Tinker Bell simply aren't that good.

Hell, he might never amount to a bucket of spit, but he could also prove to be the biggest steal of this rookie fraft by week 5.

1. Cobbs has natural talent. At one point in his college career he was compared to Bo Jackson by ESPN the Magazine.

ESPN the Mag...now there's a magazine that knows its shyt!

If it werent for Evil Monkey bringing them into work and leaving them in the crapper, I'd never read that rag.

ESPN the Mag...now there's a magazine that knows its shyt!

If it werent for Evil Monkey bringing them into work and leaving them in the crapper, I'd never read that rag.

I've actually never read more than one article from them, but I heard about the comparison and it intrigued me. hell, I remember when he came out of college, people were saying New England got a steal. Injury has been his problem, not talent. Anyway, like I said before, if he slips into 'bollivion' (thanks Mike Tyson) I won't cry about wasting a 3rd round rookie pick on him. If he takes over the Broncos starting job at some point, or even just supplants one of the 2 guys in the committee, this pick is a steal.

The 2 guys I had hoped would be available at 3.09 were Cobbs and Greg Jennings. Now both are gone. I toyed with Cobbs at 2.09, but took Kitna because my QBs are shakey at best, so I wanted yet another shakey QB as insurance. :cheers:

The 2 guys I had hoped would be available at 3.09 were Cobbs and Greg Jennings. Now both are gone. I toyed with Cobbs at 2.09, but took Kitna because my QBs are shakey at best, so I wanted yet another shakey QB as insurance. :D

You should have taken Cobbs, focker :D

Charles Rogers:

One man's trash is another man's treasure?

I have ZERO expectations for him, BUT as much of a substance abusing, glass-collar bone having, bust as he is, he still has more talent and potential than any other WR left out there right now.

Charles Rogers:

One man's trash is another man's treasure?

I have ZERO expectations for him, BUT as much of a substance abusing, glass-collar bone having, bust as he is, he still has more talent and potential than any other WR left out there right now.

Agreed. He was the only other guy I was considering at 3.04 and would have taken him at 4.04

so, uh, it's been 5 days since the last pick... :unsure:

so, uh, you're up now

The 2 guys I had hoped would be available at 3.09 were Cobbs and Greg Jennings. Now both are gone. I toyed with Cobbs at 2.09, but took Kitna because my QBs are shakey at best, so I wanted yet another shakey QB as insurance. :lol:

I would have nabbed Jennings at 3.08 if were still there. I tried to trade up to get him but couldn't get a taker. Surprised he lasted that long.

You got Scooby's 2006 3rd rounder not 2007.

He still has his 3rd and 4th rounder unless I missed something.