Sign in to follow this  
Parkers99

Cooley

We all watched Portis shoot up the ADP charts (and w/ good reason) when Al Saunders came to Washington... but I've not heard anyone hyping Coolio. We know that Saunders loves playing the TE mismatches & Cooley posted impressive numbers last year.

I was very late to the Cooley band wagon, and I can't remember even watching him last year. I know he's no Gonzo, but you'd have to think he'll have a lot of oportunities w/ Saunders running the O.

Any thoughts?

Cooley is a top 5 lock this year, imo. He's played in the league 2 years, and he's got some of the best hands you'll ever see. 3rd year should be a major charm for your boy, especially with Saunders running the plays, and the absence of a big redzone WR to snag all the TD love. Id say we've seen his floor #s already, but his ceiling may go as high as 80-900 and 10. Double digit TDs? proabably high, but he did have 7 last year, so its really not reaching too much.

Cooley is a top 5 lock this year, imo. He's played in the league 2 years, and he's got some of the best hands you'll ever see. 3rd year should be a major charm for your boy, especially with Saunders running the plays, and the absence of a big redzone WR to snag all the TD love. Id say we've seen his floor #s already, but his ceiling may go as high as 80-900 and 10. Double digit TDs? proabably high, but he did have 7 last year, so its really not reaching too much.

I like Cooley, but top 5 lock?!

Not quite sure if it's a lock, but he isn't a bad option to get in the mid to later rounds.

Tight ends in Washington had 100 catches last year. As a percentage of total completions that had to be near the top of the NFL. I think Cooley's numbers decline with the addition of Lloyd running the underneath routes.

I like Cooley, but top 5 lock?!

I'm sure he meant top 5 TE...something he could definitely achieve.

Parja I think ypu are right. I agree with you too. I am in a big $$$$$ auction league and he is the first name (3 overall) I am calling out. Nobody spends much at the start unless it is a huge RB

cooley's okay, but nothing special. they looked to him a lot because there wasn't a whole lot else in the passing game outside of moss. i don't see a big increase in production in the washington offense like so many others do. i think they get similar production but spread it across more people. el and lloyd are decent additions, but hardly the sort that will put an offense over the top. and brunell is definitly not a 4K qb at this stage and probably overachieved last year. he'll cap the production you'll get out of this group.

Cooley helped me win in the playoffs last year, In week 15 his stats were

Dec 18 6 rec 71 yrds 11.8y/r 3tds. This was a big win for the skins 35-7 and a huge win for my fantasy squad. He also had the most YAC out of the top 20 TE!!

I have had my eye on him in the later rounds, I think the only other person in league that even knows cooley is the kid I knocked out of the playoffs!!

The one concern about cooley is the fact that he only had 4 TD's in 16 games, and he had 3 fumbles. Only one of these were lost, but That could scare a coach in the red zone.

He also had the most YAC out of the top 20 TE!!

That is very interesting...

I believe that Cooley did indeed benefit from the lack of receiving options last season. Common sense would dictate he'll have a decrease due to additional WR talent they brought in....

However, It's my opinion that Big AL's Offense focuses on the RB & the TE. If he likes what he sees in Coolio, then he'll definately play a large part in what should be a very prolific Offense. I've decided to bump him above Witten.

Cooley always seem to be open, and is very reliable catching the ball. With more help at the wideout position this year, I see Cooley being a TD vulture.

Regardless of who's running what route, if the guy is consistently getting open, he'll get the ball.

Cooley is a quality TE, performed well as a rook, perhaps the 7th or 8th TE to be taken on averge. :clap:

i watched the skins alot last season and especially "and goal to go" plays hoping my boy portis would get in the zone. i gotta say that cooley got countless looks on these plays. he is very valuable and hopefully people keep over looking him so he falls to me later than all the other TE's.

my #3 TE :clap:

:lol: Hey now, let's not get crazy :D

I'd definately prefer Heap & Shockey, I dunno about LJ smith... either way, he'll be #5 or #6 in my rankings; he can be had pretty cheap too. All the Sleeper TE talk has been about Zach Hilton this offseason.

I'm sure he meant top 5 TE...something he could definitely achieve.

Oh I know he meant that. But is he a "lock" to beat any of Gates, Gonzo, Heap, Schockey and Crumpler?