Sign in to follow this  
Mark Buffington

The most expensive home in the world

Might make a nice vacation home. :thumbsup:

Why does Gutterboy want to sell it?

I think Gates' place is worth more than $150 mill.

close. He built it for around $100M but property IN London is more expensive than Washington coastline. Both these places are about the same size too. I guess 40,000 square feet is the maximum billionaire building envelope. :thumbsup:

The value of a house should not be judged by price. It should be judged purely by how many dishwashers it has.

close. He built it for around $100M but property IN London is more expensive than Washington coastline. Both these places are about the same size too. I guess 40,000 square feet is the maximum billionaire building envelope. <_<

Looks like you're right, it was assessed in 2002 for $113 mill. I had a higher number in my head for some reason.

The value of a house should not be judged by price. It should be judged purely by how many dishwashers it has.

But won't she just leave when the house is sold?

Looks like you're right, it was assessed in 2002 for $113 mill. I had a higher number in my head for some reason.

As of 2005, it's $125mm

I live about 15 minutes from Billy. My tax assessed value is about 72% of my fair market value.

close. He built it for around $100M but property IN London is more expensive than Washington coastline. Both these places are about the same size too. I guess 40,000 square feet is the maximum billionaire building envelope. :P

Not necessarily. Gates' house sits on 5 acres, the london place sits on 54. Also, Gates does not live on the coast, he lives on Lake Washington.

He built it for 97 million. It's probably worth more than $150 million, but the fact remains that until he wants to sell it, it's not the most expensive house in the world.