Sign in to follow this  
mark32esu

where ya having your draft at?

my buddy's old man owns a small corner bar, he's gonna let us use it for the draft :first: we also decided to get strippers to be the draft girls :unsure: this might make for some ugly draft picks

Sounds sweet.

One league we draft in the basement part of the bar/restuarant. The other one we draft at whomevers place. As long as there is plenty of beer or stippers i don't care where it's at. :unsure:

Strippers for the draft girls? Totally amatuers. :unsure: What High School are you going to next year?

sorry, will your mom or girlfriend be available sept 2?

We have our draft in Arkansas at the same town of the college most of us went to school and met at. This is our 13th year with the same people and we come together from 7 different states (Tennessee, Louisiana, Texas, Kansas, Arkansas, Oklahoma, and Kentucky) for the live draft.

The actual place we hold the draft is the Hampton Inn. We rent out their conference room for the day on the Saturday of the weekend we are there and set it up like a "war room". It has worked out great. Lots of traditions and stuff.

Kind of an unusual scenario for a draft, I suppose, but the travel to and from the draft itself makes the event a pretty big deal. Most of the league members have never missed a draft in 13 years.

This year we are having our draft at Jeff Otts house ! (One of our owners) It rotates every year.

We do A Keg , BBQ , and other fine foods .

after the draft we can swimin the pool or hot tub ,play horse shoes , cards , etc . (All day event always on a Saturday)

AKA ----- Best day of the year :lol:

Fumbleweed, that seems pretty kick ass, me and some old school friends get together every year in Vegas for the Breeders Cup. Kind of gives you something to look forward to every year.

This is my league's 12th year, and for the past 8 years we've been having our draft in Vegas. We all get there Friday night and meet at a bar/restaurant to figure out the draft order and team numbers (and of course catch up, drink, etc). Then typically Saturday morning we'll go play golf, come back and lounge by pool, then have the draft around 6pm, and hit the tables, etc by 9/9:30pm. The first few years we'd get a suite and the room door door at Monte Carlo (cuz it wasn't that much more for the suite, and it could fit all 14 owners (12 teams, 2 who have co-owners). Last year we got rooms at Mandalay Bay, and they did us up right, by giving us a free conference room to use, including having our Fantasy Football leugue name being cycled through on the TV under the list of conferences. We actually had a few guys stop by just to see what it was all about... If you can get 10 rooms, call their sales department (Nicole Moen), and they'll set ya up right!

Every year my 9 friends and I start out from our homes on a long arduous journey across the globe to a remote location in Guadalumpur, Malaysia which is only accessible by alpaca.

Not that any of this will matter to most because it's a 10 team league and we draft prior to Aug 11th.

This year we are having our draft at Jeff Otts house ! (One of our owners) It rotates every year.

We do A Keg , BBQ , and other fine foods .

after the draft we can swimin the pool or hot tub ,play horse shoes , cards , etc . (All day event always on a Saturday)

AKA ----- Best day of the year :shocking:

agreed ;)

Every year my 9 friends and I start out from our homes on a long arduous journey across the globe to a remote location in Guadalumpur, Malaysia which is only accessible by alpaca.

Not that any of this will matter to most because it's a 10 team league and we draft prior to Aug 11th.

:pointstosky:

one of our buddies has a psychotic rich wife. we take over his house once a year and it is actually the only time we are allowed over there. she feeds us all kinds of things or else he'll kick her out. when the food runs out, she is out, so she keeps the food coming all day.

one of our buddies has a psychotic rich wife. we take over his house once a year and it is actually the only time we are allowed over there. she feeds us all kinds of things or else he'll kick her out. when the food runs out, she is out, so she keeps the food coming all day.

[/quot

Quick- Move away from the computer. Go outside and see what real life is like. Than re-read your post. If you can't see that it sounds like the biggest load of BS than we are too late. You might as well buy your mom's basement because you are never leaving.