Sign in to follow this  
RicemanX

FOUR 2nd round picks?

In my 12 team 2 man keeper league, I recieved 2 offers:

2.6 and 2.10 (acquired from trade) for My 1.1 and 4.12

Note: 1.1 will most likely land Edge since that owner has LJ and Portis.

The other offer is:

2.1 for my 3.1 and Boldin (I can't keep him anyways since I have Peyton and Rudi)

SO instead of having picks from rounds 1-4, I will have:

2.1, 2.6, 2.10, 2.12

Moz did something similar last year in a 12-teamer, and although I think it's the way to go, its also very dicey if you reach in those rounds, or count on getting backs in those rounds.

I like the idea if getting 4 picks ranked 12-24 instead of 4 ranked 1-48

Don't like the 1st deal if Edge is available.

try the help board

Not asking you guys if I should do this, just telling ya an interesing situation.

I accepted the Boldin trade and is going to wait on the other one until after keepers are declared so I can get an idea of what to expect at 2.6 and 10

Your league is going to hate you, since you are giving the guy with LJ and Portis a 3rd stud RB. But I say that it is a good move on your part. Still, it is a definate race for 2nd depending on your scoring.

Your league is going to hate you, since you are giving the guy with LJ and Portis a 3rd stud RB. But I say that it is a good move on your part. Still, it is a definate race for 2nd depending on your scoring.

Sorry, I think you misunderstood me. One owner already has LJ, Portis and Edge, but he can only keep 2 guys, so I'm assuming he will keep LJ and Portis and throw Edge to the draft.

The guy making the trade with me actually has a horrible RB core (his current starting RBs would be Willie Parker and Corey Dillon).

Sorry, I think you misunderstood me. One owner already has LJ, Portis and Edge, but he can only keep 2 guys, so I'm assuming he will keep LJ and Portis and throw Edge to the draft.

The guy making the trade with me actually has a horrible RB core (his current starting RBs would be Willie Parker and Corey Dillon).

I see. Well then it works out even better. I also play in a 2 keeper league and would gladly have 4 seconds over 1-4, not enough players in my league sophisticated enough to swap draft picks though.

I see. Well then it works out even better. I also play in a 2 keeper league and would gladly have 4 seconds over 1-4, not enough players in my league sophisticated enough to swap draft picks though.

Well, this is my first year trying out keepers. I'm in a 10 man 4 keeper and 12 man 2 keeper.

And you are right, getting the right value for draft picks, especially picks for the next couple years, take a lot of FF skill.

With each team having two keepers, you are really trading a 3.01 and a 6.12 for a

4.06 and 4.12. Bad trade - you should ask for more to sweeten the pot. If James is

available at 3.01, you are trading a James/Culpepper for Driver/Shockey based on

average draft position. The talent in the draft drops off tremendously prior to the

4th round. I would ask for more or pick Edjerrin and trade him later if you don't

want him.

With each team having two keepers, you are really trading a 3.01 and a 6.12 for a

4.06 and 4.12. Bad trade - you should ask for more to sweeten the pot. If James is

available at 3.01, you are trading a James/Culpepper for Driver/Shockey based on

average draft position. The talent in the draft drops off tremendously prior to the

4th round. I would ask for more or pick Edjerrin and trade him later if you don't

want him.

Yea, I understand. Thank you for your suggestion.

Like I said, I'm waiting to see who would possibly be at those position before I do anything.

Right now, I need WRs, so I would trade a James/Culpepper for a Hines Ward/Santana Moss.

So you startes off with the 1.01, 2.12, 3.01 and 4.12 picks with Peyton and Rudi as your keepers.

With the trade you made of the 3.01 and Boldin for the 2.01 you currently have:

1.01, 2.01, 2.12 and 4.12 picks. I think that this is where you should stay as of now. I think the fact that you have the possibility of getting Edge at the 1.01 spot is much better than any rb that you would be able to get at the 2.01 spot. It would be nice having four 2nd rounders but I think that the value of the 1.01 is much better than trading it away for the 2.06 and 2.10 picks.

Look at it this way. With this being a 12 team 2 keeper league theoretically the top 24 players are off the board but you are able to get edge who is a top 10 player at the 1.01 spot. You can then focus on your wr's with the 2.01 and 2.12 picks.

I did something like this. Trade 1st Round Rookie Pick & 3rd Round Pick for another 2nd round pick.

Took Steven Jackson in 1st, Chad Johnson in 2nd, & Anquan Boldin in 2nd.

Look at it this way. With this being a 12 team 2 keeper league theoretically the top 24 players are off the board but you are able to get edge who is a top 10 player at the 1.01 spot. You can then focus on your wr's with the 2.01 and 2.12 picks.

:huh:

Yea, I also have to look at the possibility of the edge owner trading Edge and not letting him go that easily.

Haha maybe I should see if I could get Edge for 2.1 and 2.12.

Yea, I also have to look at the possibility of the edge owner trading Edge and not letting him go that easily.

Haha maybe I should see if I could get Edge for 2.1 and 2.12.

I don't know if this was a joke or not but you don't want to make that offer of your 2.01 and 2.12 for edge. You would then have to cut peyton or Rudi to get down to your 2 keepers. Than you would have the 1.01 pick and then nothing until your 4.12 pick. As you stated I think that you need to wait until keepers are declared. Then you will know who is available at the 1.01 pick and whether or not it is worth trading it for to 2nd rounders.

I don't know if this was a joke or not but you don't want to make that offer of your 2.01 and 2.12 for edge. You would then have to cut peyton or Rudi to get down to your 2 keepers. Than you would have the 1.01 pick and then nothing until your 4.12 pick. As you stated I think that you need to wait until keepers are declared. Then you will know who is available at the 1.01 pick and whether or not it is worth trading it for to 2nd rounders.

Yea, it was a joke. Thanks for making sure I wasn't an idiot and was about to ruin my team

might sound like a dumb question but i've seen this in many posts. how can you trade a player (in this case, boldin) that you don't keep? why wouldn't u try to trade every player you have for picks if you are not going to keep them anyway? i must be missing something.

might sound like a dumb question but i've seen this in many posts. how can you trade a player (in this case, boldin) that you don't keep? why wouldn't u try to trade every player you have for picks if you are not going to keep them anyway? i must be missing something.

Because in some keeper leagues you can trade players on your team for draft picks. Your roster is the same as it was at the end of the season until you declare your 2 keepers. If you had a stacked team and you can only keep two of those players than you have the right to shop those players to other teams who might have mediocre keepers. I am not sure why someone in a two player keeper league would make a trade for Boldin for one of their keepers though.

I can't quite comprehend that either ??? A keeper league that allows you to trade players you're not keeping in the off-season ?? :mad: Whats that all about..... :pointstosky:

And whats with saying Willie Parker and Corey Dillon is a HORRIBLE Rb core ? Everyone is writing off Corey D cause he battled injuries in 2005.... and I believe FWP proved he's a solid RB last year.... they're not a great duo by any means, but HORRIBLE ? bad wording... I can see if he had Kevin Barlow and Chris Brown as his Rb duo.... that's horrible....

I can't quite comprehend that either ??? A keeper league that allows you to trade players you're not keeping in the off-season ?? :mad: Whats that all about..... :pointstosky:

And whats with saying Willie Parker and Corey Dillon is a HORRIBLE Rb core ? Everyone is writing off Corey D cause he battled injuries in 2005.... and I believe FWP proved he's a solid RB last year.... they're not a great duo by any means, but HORRIBLE ? bad wording... I can see if he had Kevin Barlow and Chris Brown as his Rb duo.... that's horrible....

Yea, they let you deal players you won't keep. It's on the other owner to figure out his keepers. THey don't let you do that in other leagues?

I guess the guy trading me the 2.1 is thinking that Boldin will probably show up around the 2nd round if I let him go, and he gets a 3.1.

The Parker and Dillon combo is like getting 2 second rounders instead of a 1st and 2nd round RB

I think that what he meant by horrible is that in a 12 team 2 keeper league I don't think that having Dillon and FWP as your 2 keepers is a great start. Now if you had Dillon and lets say Holt as your 2 keepers than atleast you would have a top 5 wr to go along with your mediocre rb.

I think that what he meant by horrible is that in a 12 team 2 keeper league I don't think that having Dillon and FWP as your 2 keepers is a great start. Now if you had Dillon and lets say Holt as your 2 keepers than atleast you would have a top 5 wr to go along with your mediocre rb.

Actually, I would rather keep FWP than Dillon

if he doesn't move Edge, u would have to be crazy not to stay at 1.01

with each team keeping 2 that already takes the 24 top guys out so basically u would be getting a boat load of 4th round quality players, i would personally rather have edge

worst comes to worst i would draft edge and then move him for more quality when everyone has their rosters filled out, if the owner trades edge before you could draft him you can consider doing the trades for the 2 2nd rounders depending on who is left in the draft pool but i still would have my doubts

bottom line is i would keep the picks that you have now

i guess i accept that explaination. but the way i see it, when the season is over, rosters are frozen until you decide who your keepers are. then you can trade only the 2 players you are keeping. that's the way we've always done it. but who says we are right. we're just a bunch of philly punks who've been doing this way too long.. haha......