Sign in to follow this  
p00h

matt jones

I happen think Wilford is better as well :banana: Love his work ethic & attitude....

I was just pointing out that there is no clear cut # 1 in Jacksonville at the moment... to everyone that was blowing Matt Jones on the thread.... Jones may very well be at some point... just saying there is no indication of that yet is all :cheers:

Good. Agreed. :pointstosky:

just an FYI

Matt Jones ADP: 7.12

Ernest Wilford ADP: 11.12

I love 'em both. They've both got size.

Wilford is in a contract year and appears very motivated.

Jones is a freak of an athlete and a converted QB who's got a good head for the game.

Matt had fantastic numbers for a rookie last year... he's only gonna' get better.

At their current ADPs there is minimal risk in taking these guys.

also, Reggie Williams appears to be a joke and even with an ADP of 14.04 he doesn't really interest me.

What is his role going to be in the offence this year? Is he gonna grab 4-6 catches a game for ~60-80 yards, or will he catch a 50 yard bomb every 3rd game, and disappear the rest of the time. I have no idea what their iedology is in using him, so asking.

Also, what is Jimmy Smith's story, is he still with the team?!?

Matt Jones Is A STUD! Clearly #1 in jax

Wilford put up a chunk of his numbers with Garrard in at QB, who all but ignored Jones. Prior to that, Lefty was zeroing in on Moonshine, not Wilford or even Jimmy Smith, and that trend resumed in the playoffs.

That's just not factual. In 7 games with Garrard at QB, Wilford caught 20 passes and 2 TD. In 9 games with Leftwich at QB he caught 25 passes and 5 TD.

That's just not factual. In 7 games with Garrard at QB, Wilford caught 20 passes and 2 TD. In 9 games with Leftwich at QB he caught 25 passes and 5 TD.

Yeah, I'm being deceptive. :dunno:

I can't verify your numbers off the top of my head, but if they are right that would mean that he had almost half of his receptions when Leftwich was hurt. Sounds pretty factual to me.

You know how many catches Jones had from Garrard last season? A total of 6 (in 6 GAMES)

You know how many catches Jones had in Lefty's last full game before he was hurt? 5

You know how many catches Jones had in Lefty's 1st game back (in the playoffs)? 6

Even Quinn Gray managed to hit Jones 3 times his his 1 quarter of play.

The fact of the matter is that Jones was ignored by Garrard, and was a non factor in the games that he played in. His targets nosedived when Garrard was in there, while Wilford's I would guess stayed the same.

Yeah, I'm being deceptive. :dunno:

I can't verify your numbers off the top of my head, but if they are right that would mean that he had almost half of his receptions when Leftwich was hurt. Sounds pretty factual to me.

You know how many catches Jones had from Garrard last season? A total of 6 (in 6 GAMES)

You know how many catches Jones had in Lefty's last full game before he was hurt? 5

You know how many catches Jones had in Lefty's 1st game back (in the playoffs)? 6

Even Quinn Gray managed to hit Jones 3 times his his 1 quarter of play.

The fact of the matter is that Jones was ignored by Garrard, and was a non factor in the games that he played in. His targets nosedived when Garrard was in there, while Wilford's I would guess stayed the same.

I never said you were being deceptive, nor did I address your comments on Jones. Simply that you were wrong when it came to Wilford.

The numbers show he caught the same number of passes per game with either QB.

I never said you were being deceptive, nor did I address your comments on Jones. Simply that you were wrong when it came to Wilford.

The numbers show he caught the same number of passes per game with either QB.

I used the word 'chunk' and I am wrong? :thumbsup:

The context of my statement was to illuminate the fact that Jones' numbers came with Leftwich at the helm and they evaporated with Garrard in there. Significant, in my opinion, considering Lefty missed 6 games.

Also, I do not contest that Wilford put up his numbers regardless of the QB, and in fact I was drawing attention to that very fact, because it accentuated my point that Jones put up decent numbers in a less than ideal situation.

well, I drafted both jones and wilford in the hope that one of them grows into the #1 role in Jax.

I expect the season will start with receiving by committee with all 3 of their WR's getting roughly equal play. then I expect a pecking order will develop (hopefully by the end of game 3)

at that point, we'll know who can play.

My expectation is that wilford has the inside line on the #1 job but jones will overtake him.

but that's just speculation on my part.

Found this in Fantasy Football Weekly - "...he (Jones) became Leftwich's favorite red-zone target by midseason. Jones caught four TDs during a five game stretch in late October and early November, but his emergence cane to a quick halt when Leftwich fractured his left ankle in Week 12."

Seems promising for Jones owners. I don't know if Jones will get a lot of receiving yards but he might get quite a few TDs.

Jones is the #1 here in Jax, no doubt about it. What is clear is that at 6-6 240 he is bigger than most CBsand at 4.37 faster than most LBs, he is a matchup nightmare from anywhere on the field and as evidenced by all camp and the first pre-season game he can not be covered in single coverage.

Wilford is a very close #2, no where near the same speed as Jones, fact is speed as been his biggest knock, but he is a very hard worker and a polished route runner.

Williams is a PUNK

Expect some huge games from Jones, and some long TDs, but consistnecy will be a problem.

Wilford will have a much more consistent year as a FF player.

Jones- 1075- 7 TDs

Wilford- 950- 9 Tds

Jones is the #1 here in Jax, no doubt about it. What is clear is that at 6-6 240 he is bigger than most CBsand at 4.37 faster than most LBs, he is a matchup nightmare from anywhere on the field and as evidenced by all camp and the first pre-season game he can not be covered in single coverage.

Wilford is a very close #2, no where near the same speed as Jones, fact is speed as been his biggest knock, but he is a very hard worker and a polished route runner.

Williams is a PUNK

Expect some huge games from Jones, and some long TDs, but consistnecy will be a problem.

Wilford will have a much more consistent year as a FF player.

Jones- 1075- 7 TDs

Wilford- 950- 9 Tds

I agree entirely, except at 4.37, Jones is not only faster than EVERY LB in the league, he is also faster than 99% of all CB's.

Expect some LONG touchdowns from him, but bouts of inconsistency as he adjusts to being a WR.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Rely on a Jack Del Rio-coached WR at your peril.

I think Jones, Wilford, Leftwich, Garrard and even Williams have talent and have the potential to be top producers in the NFL...but I simply do not trust Del Rio to air it out enough for any of them to have a major impact from a fantasy standpoint. I think the fact that they all have so much talent will also be a big factor in this as I expect what relatively little throwing they do to be spread all over the field. Also, as talented as this group has the potential to become, I don't think any of them are on Jimmy Smith's level at this point. (With apologies to Barkley) I could be wrong...but I don't think so. :unsure:

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Rely on a Jack Del Rio-coached WR at your peril.

I think Jones, Wilford, Leftwich, Garrard and even Williams have talent and have the potential to be top producers in the NFL...but I simply do not trust Del Rio to air it out enough for any of them to have a major impact from a fantasy standpoint. I think the fact that they all have so much talent will also be a big factor in this as I expect what relatively little throwing they do to be spread all over the field. Also, as talented as this group has the potential to become, I don't think any of them are on Jimmy Smith's level at this point. (With apologies to Barkley) I could be wrong...but I don't think so. :)

He brought in Tice as more than just a drinking buddy :D

He brought in Tice as more than just a drinking buddy :)

Touche...but is Tice calling the plays? :D

Touche...but is Tice calling the plays? :D

I'm sure that he will be heavily involved in the gameplanning regardless to who calls the plays.

He brought in Tice as more than just a drinking buddy :thumbsup:

He actually brought in Tice to score some great Super Bowl tickets. Tice has some sweet hook ups.