Sign in to follow this  
hagler

Peyton Manning with #12 pick in 12-team league?

Do I have to take Peyton here......?

What is the difference if I take him or the #10 team in the league takes him with the 2.03 pick...?

People who say not to take him on the turn (1.12 & 12.01) ----what is the reason that it's OK to take him 2 or 3 picks later.......?

For those who suggest drafting Peyton on the turn if he's still there.....Do you go Peyton-RB....or Peyton-WR?

Still not sold on McGahee, Westbrook, or even Cadillac as my #1 RB.....?

Rather have a Holt-Peyton or even Holt-(C.Johnson or S.Smith)

Thoughts???

Why not take him? If your gut tells you to draft him, draft him. Do you have to have somebody hold your hand when you draft your fantasy team? Be a man for God's sake.

Why not take him? If your gut tells you to draft him, draft him. Do you have to have somebody hold your hand when you draft your fantasy team? Be a man for God's sake.

Not looking for sarcasm.....just opinions!

Are you a man because you call yourself Savage Beast?----how about little girlie!

Not looking for sarcasm.....just opinions!

I gave you an opinion. Grow some hair on your nutz and draft who you want, not what other people tell you to draft.

Dont do it... it will be so long until you get another pick that the only quality RB you will get is the backup to warrick dunn... go 2 RB in a row and then WR and then pickup a QB in the 7th or 8th round...

Peyton's a safe play. You won't win or lose your league because of it. And nothing wrong with Smith or Holt at 2.01. You just can't be wrong at RB, and must uncover a gem, or your #1 QB/#1 WR combo won't be able to make up the lost points at RB.

Dont do it... it will be so long until you get another pick that the only quality RB you will get is the backup to warrick dunn... go 2 RB in a row and then WR and then pickup a QB in the 7th or 8th round...

This is what I would do too. I just don't like the chances of you getting a RB at #36.

You should do it because you're a little puzzy who can't make his own informed decisions and seeks the approval of strangers (on the wrong forum).

DO IT DUDE :headbanger:

i would take rb and rb in pick up a qb later, 10 team league i got hasselback in round 6

i did that last year and they both were busts and i ended up last.

i did that last year and they both were busts and i ended up last.

Kerry Collins and who else?

I agree. Never ever ever draft a QB in the first round, your RB core will be dog ######!

Do I have to take Peyton here......?

What is the difference if I take him or the #10 team in the league takes him with the 2.03 pick...?

People who say not to take him on the turn (1.12 & 12.01) ----what is the reason that it's OK to take him 2 or 3 picks later.......?

For those who suggest drafting Peyton on the turn if he's still there.....Do you go Peyton-RB....or Peyton-WR?

Still not sold on McGahee, Westbrook, or even Cadillac as my #1 RB.....?

Rather have a Holt-Peyton or even Holt-(C.Johnson or S.Smith)

Thoughts???

If you take him, then don't draft a crappy RB just to draft a RB. Take a top flight WR and then load up on RB's the rest of the draft.

You should do it because you're a little puzzy who can't make his own informed decisions and seeks the approval of strangers (on the wrong forum).

DO IT DUDE :thumbsdown:

I thought that was the definition of a message board -----talk to strangers and get different views on different subjects---benefit for yourself and others--Genius!

This must be why you have so many posts on this website---nothing better to do than make asinine statements....you Jackass!

With this year's RB situation, you need to go RB/RB with 12 and 13. There is MUCH more value at QB in rounds 3-6 than there is at RB. Even of you didn't go RB/RB here, you'd be better off going RB/WR than RB/QB. IMHO that is.

Manning will probably win you 3-4 games on his own even if you have second tier RBs.

Thats true, but the other 12-13 games you will be relying upon your running backs to at least keep you in the game... and besides, Dungy will probably sit him the last couple of weeks again this year, just in time for the playoffs...

Noone in my league has ever won the league picking Manning in the first round...

I thought that was the definition of a message board -----talk to strangers and get different views on different subjects---benefit for yourself and others--Genius!

This must be why you have so many posts on this website---nothing better to do than make asinine statements....you Jackass!

Says the guy who can't read the huge bold letters at the top that plainly read "Team Management Questions Belong On The "A Little Help" board".

And yes who you should draft from the #12 slot is a Team Management question.

But you're a nonce so I wouldn't expect someone of your intelligence level to be able to follow simple instructions. I'm a jackass because you choose not to respect the forum rules and waste bandwidth with your own self righteous needs. Good call tool.

YES I WOULD DRAFT MANNING WITH THE #12 PICK. You're still getting a tier 4-5 RB and can get someone like Lewis/Dillon +cuffs in the 3rd and beyond.

ps. There's about 100 threads of the exact same question. But I'm sure the search feature is of no interest to someone like yourself who only cares about themself.

Says the guy who can't read the huge bold letters at the top that plainly read "Team Management Questions Belong On The "A Little Help" board".

But you're a nonce so I wouldn't expect someone of your intelligence level to be able to follow simple instructions. I'm a jackass because you choose not to respect the forum rules and waste bandwidth with your own self righteous needs. Good call tool.

YES I WOULD DRAFT MANNING WITH THE #12 PICK. You're still getting a tier 4-5 RB and can get someone like Lewis/Dillon +cuffs in the 3rd and beyond.

ps. There's about 100 threads of the exact same question. But I'm sure the search feature is of no interest to someone like yourself who only cares about themself.

:banana:

:thumbsup:

I think it is "kick the dog" night at the mobb house.

But I do agree so if the guy can't follow the rules than keep kicking.

my secretary is pretty but a little overweight. i think she wants it but i'm already in trouble for other sexual harrassment. i hate my job though. what should i do?

I'm picking #11 and I'm thinking about taking RB-Manning. Like everyone else says, you HAVE to get 1 solid RB before the turn. Otherwise, you're screwed. However, I think you can get decent WRs later on and hopefuly Manning will more than make up the difference of that dicey second RB you'll get in the 3rd/4th rounds... ie Dillon, Green, Taylor, etc..

my secretary is pretty but a little overweight. i think she wants it but i'm already in trouble for other sexual harrassment. i hate my job though. what should i do?

Give her Haglers number then he wouldn't worry about who to pick with his 12th pick.

I think you have to grab at least 1 RB. My situation is close (12th pick in a 14 team PPR league).

I never take QBs early and believe this year there are tons of solid options later.

My decision is whether or not to go best RB left at 12, and then come back with the best WR left out of Smith/Holt/CJ at 17. However, in 14 team leagues RBs are at a big premium when you start two. Plus it is a long time before you pick again and no guarantee of RBs being decent in late 3/early 4th.

I have toyed with picking best RB at 12 and then picking McGahee, Bush, etc...and then take the best WR that falls to me in the 3rd/4th (Most likely player like Santana Moss vs. R. Williams or C. Chambers which I would prefer).

Either way I am not going to take Peyton at 12.

I'm in two leagues. A cheap $20 league and a big money league. I had my cheap league draft last night and with the 11th pick, I went QB-WR with my first two picks. (I'm not sure I'd have the guts to do that in the big money league). Here's how it ended up:

QB: P. Manning (1st round)

RB: W. Dunn (3rd round)

RB: F. Gore (6th round)

WR: T. Holt (2nd round)

WR: D. Jackson (4th round)

WR: D. Branch (8th round)

TE: J. Witten (5th round)

Backup RBs: T. Bell (7th round), C. Houston (10th round), D. Staely (11th round), L. Betts (13th round)

Personally, I think I did REALLY well. I have the best QB, great WRs and a good TE. And Dunn makes a solid #2 RB. The only thing I'm missing is a legitamite #1 RB and there's a chance that one of my backup RBs will turn into that #1 RB. Even if they don't, I still think the point difference between F. Gore and a true #1 RB will be MORE than offset by the rest of my players.

Peyton at 12? No problem!

I am thinking of taking him at #4 now that Clinton is hurt...without Edge this year I think Manning will be the top point producer in FF and money every week.

Problem is it is a 14 team league so I will be left with scraps on the way back down...might have to go QB/WR/RB :banana:

Peyton at 12? No problem!

I am thinking of taking him at #4 now that Clinton is hurt...without Edge this year I think Manning will be the top point producer in FF and money every week.

Problem is it is a 14 team league so I will be left with scraps on the way back down...might have to go QB/WR/RB :banana:

At #4 in a 14 man league???? You got guts.

Or mental issues...

I don't even know if I consider Tiki/Portis as clear #4 picks and that is what is leading me to think of taking Peyton. Nobody jumps out at me after the big three.

That said, I think that McNabb will be great so I could suck up #4 and take a RB (nobody that I will be happy with though) and hope to get McNabb in round 3 (Snake draft so I don't think he will be available at bottom of round 4)

Or mental issues...

I don't even know if I consider Tiki/Portis as clear #4 picks and that is what is leading me to think of taking Peyton. Nobody jumps out at me after the big three.

That said, I think that McNabb will be great so I could suck up #4 and take a RB (nobody that I will be happy with though) and hope to get McNabb in round 3 (Snake draft so I don't think he will be available at bottom of round 4)

Normally I'd say McNabb will definately be available in the 4th... but I don't know anything about 14 man leagues. (I do agree that McNabb is going to be a good QB this year).

Don't do it! It is far too likely that Manning will not be playing very hard when you need him the most. He will tail off at the end of the year, just in time for the playoffs.

Plus, you can get quality QB's later in the draft. You can't get quality RB's later in the draft.

don't do it, qbs are a dime a dozen, get a solid rb and a stud wr and then do the same thing the next time around and the next time around and then in the 7th get a TE and then get a qb, this strategy has never failed me

don't do it, qbs are a dime a dozen, get a solid rb and a stud wr and then do the same thing the next time around and the next time around and then in the 7th get a TE and then get a qb, this strategy has never failed me

QBs like Manning are not a dime a dozen!

I waited last season ans ended up with McNair and Harrington. I has a good team but the QB spot killed me!!

tap it!

Manning at #12 is a steal. Follow up with a #1 elite receiver on the turn.

YOU NOW OWN A #1 QB and #1 WR !!!!

Then for your 3rd and 4th round picks, get Gore and MBell. You are now set my man.

Manning at #12 is a steal. Follow up with a #1 elite receiver on the turn.

YOU NOW OWN A #1 QB and #1 WR !!!!

Then for your 3rd and 4th round picks, get Gore and MBell. You are now set my man.

Finally...The voice of reason!

Look at your scoring stats from your league last year. My bet is that your #1 QB and #1 WR are a far better options than having your #10 and #11 RBs. The difference between RB #10 and RB # 17 for example is far less than the difference between QB#1 and QB #7. It's all about outscoring your opponent, and not about some silly opinion that you need to go RB-RB in your draft in order to win.

I had the 10th pick on my 12 team league. I could've picked up Peyton in the 2nd round, but opted for Westbrook. 15 straight RBs were taken off the board. I ended up with Eli Manning in the 4th round.

If I would've taken Peyton, my next RB would've been Addai, Gore, Foster....etc.... I think I came up with Eli Manning + Westbrook over Peyton + #3 rb

I gave you an opinion. Grow some hair on your nutz and draft who you want, not what other people tell you to draft.

Now that's just down right savage. :headbanger:

i was the 12th pick in a mock last night and went with Manning and Westbrook. 3/4th i went with Gore and Bell. team ended up looking like this

Manning

Westbrook

Gore

Houshmandazeh

Rod Smith

Jeremy Shockey

Akers

Steelers D

bench

Chris Simms

Mike Bell

Musa Smith

Michael Turner

Keychain Johnson

Reggie Brown

Mike Vanderjagt

Pats D

The WRs arent that great but i think out of the 4 two should be good plays every week.