Sign in to follow this  
NAn

A FIRST Here On The Board!

That's right, it's never happened on the board and likely will never happen again.

Right here and now in this thread I'm going to concede the possibility that I may actually be wrong re: ff!I know, I know, radical stuff.

Like cloning, E = mc2...someone here actually not winning their championship every year.

I'll be first to say, and have posted threads re: the subject, that you have to take the preseason with a grain of salt.

I'm not looking at any one performance and jumpiing to conclusions...I'm looking for possible trends with teams/players/etc.

With that said, and again with more games to play in exhibition things could change, but the performance of Aaron Brooks and the Raiders OL, has me at this pt, concerned.

Brooks has not looked good in two outings and the OL, if possible, has looked worse than last year.

I've been here and touted Brooks as a value qb considering his statistical history, from an ff standpoint and not from a NFL standpoint, and that Shell is said to be infusing toughness and discipline into OL.

So far, have seen little to warrant either statement.

Brooks has not looked sharp, but like last year, OL has not helped the situation.

I will be watching the situation particularly closer for duration of preseason and remain optimistic for change and improvement...but cautiously so.

Aug 15 Steve Corkran, of the Contra Costa Times, reports Oakland Raiders WR Randy Moss voiced his displeasure over the offense following a 16-13 preseason victory over the Minnesota Vikings Monday, Aug. 14. "I don't see it," Moss said, when asked if Oakland's offense is making progress. "Hell, no, I don't see it. But what we're doing as far as practice, it seems that way in practice, but when we get to the games, it doesn't seem like we're moving in the right direction."

just goes to show that all those people having great practices and such shouldn't be held so highly

i know what you mean though, preseason doesn't mean a lot but this just looks terrible

E=mc² isn't radical...it's energetic. :cheers:

While Art Shell has an acceptable record as a head coach he really never did much on the passing end. Here are the yards and Tds for the leading Raider passer each of his 6 years.

1. 1677 & 13

2. 2849 & 19

3. 2562 & 15

4. 1476 & 11

5. 3242 & 14

6. 3334 & 20

Only once in 6 years was an Art Shell coached team in the top half of the NFL in points scored. His teams only scored more than 30 points 7 times in 6 years. Over 40 points 1 time. That is incredible.

That's right, it's never happened on the board and likely will never happen again.

Right here and now in this thread I'm going to concede the possibility that I may actually be wrong re: ff!I know, I know, radical stuff.

Like cloning, E = mc2...someone here actually not winning their championship every year.

I'll be first to say, and have posted threads re: the subject, that you have to take the preseason with a grain of salt.

I'm not looking at any one performance and jumpiing to conclusions...I'm looking for possible trends with teams/players/etc.

With that said, and again with more games to play in exhibition things could change, but the performance of Aaron Brooks and the Raiders OL, has me at this pt, concerned.

Brooks has not looked good in two outings and the OL, if possible, has looked worse than last year.

I've been here and touted Brooks as a value qb considering his statistical history, from an ff standpoint and not from a NFL standpoint, and that Shell is said to be infusing toughness and discipline into OL.

Brooks has not looked sharp, but like last year, OL has not helped the situation.

I will be watching the situation particularly closer for duration of preseason and remain optimistic for change and improvement...but cautiously so.

i have been saying this for a long time...

I've been saying that NaN's a bonehead for a long time... :rolleyes:

That O-Line is a disgrace, starting with that bust Gallery. Moss will worthless (well maybe not worthless but I doubt he will be a #1 WR) since Brooks wont have any time. I realize people are changing positions and there is a Rookie on the line but we dont have time to wait for them to come around in mid-season.

P.S. Did mention Tony Manderich, I mean Robert Gallery, is a bust. Ahhh, who cares, the guy taken 3rd hasnt done much. IDIOTS.

P.P.S. I am a Raider fan.

You are always wrong numb nuts.

To summarize: Aaron Brooks sucks, and the Raiders are doomed.

Sorry. :pointstosky:

To summarize: Aaron Brooks sucks, and the Raiders are doomed.

Sorry. :cheers:

No, Scooter, you're missing the obvious one...

NAn is wrong :pointstosky:

The 7 or 8 penalties for 60 or 70 yards in the first quarter didn't help matters much either. I must admit watching the Raiders suck this bad sure is fun though. I can't think of another team aside from the Pack that I enjoy watching lose more.

:pointstosky:

While Art Shell has an acceptable record as a head coach he really never did much on the passing end. Here are the yards and Tds for the leading Raider passer each of his 6 years.

1. 1677 & 13

2. 2849 & 19

3. 2562 & 15

4. 1476 & 11

5. 3242 & 14

6. 3334 & 20

Only once in 6 years was an Art Shell coached team in the top half of the NFL in points scored. His teams only scored more than 30 points 7 times in 6 years. Over 40 points 1 time. That is incredible.

A lot of that (especially the passing stats) had to do with the talent on the team. He started out with Marcus Allen and Bo Jackson so they didn't throw much. Jay Schroeder was his QB, with basically nobody to throw to, much of the time. The best passing year at the end was when Jeff Hostetler came to town.

But I would agree that the Raiders are unlikely to be scoring 30 points with any frequency, I am especially unimpressed with offensive coordinator Tom Walsh, who has been out of football for ten years and seems to be creating no mismatches whatsoever.

The 7 or 8 penalties for 60 or 70 yards in the first quarter didn't help matters much either. I must admit watching the Raiders suck this bad sure is fun though. I can't think of another team aside from the Pack that I enjoy watching lose more.

:headbanger:

:mad: :thumbsup:

No, Scooter, you're missing the obvious one...

NAn is wrong :shocking:

yes, but he's big enough to admit it and that's why I respect him emmensely.

Some of those casting stones could take a lesson or two from him.

<_<

yes, but he's big enough to admit it and that's why I respect him emmensely.

Some of those casting stones could take a lesson or two from him.

:blink:

I love casting stones at all you numb nuts fantasy football morons <_< . You guy are useless fantasy football information wise :shocking: .