Sign in to follow this  
Sweetness_34

Lions continue to fine FMW

if he was slow and ineffective at 239 last year...what makes you think adding another 11 pounds on top of THAT is going to make him a good te? the logic is illogical. so it's purely a weight issue on where he plays? again, nonsensical logic. a te and a wr are an apple and an orange.

hell, he's a good weight right now for linebacker. or safety. why not put him there, too? :banana:

He was a slow and ineffective WR. You do realize that that is different than a TE right?

Talk about nonsensical logic...you state he was ineffective as a WR...tell me my logic was off...then say that te and wr are an apple and an orange.

Right there you see the lack of logic that goes through your mind.

He was a slow and ineffective WR. You do realize that that is different than a TE right?

Talk about nonsensical logic...you state he was ineffective as a WR...tell me my logic was off...then say that te and wr are an apple and an orange.

I can see now why you guys abuse him. If he didn't show the capability to logon to his computer and type on a keyboard, you would think he was retarded or something.

Poor bastard. :(

i'm... simply saying "let's give mike year 2 in the league before cutting off his melon." that's it.

The only problem with that is he may not get an opportunity to prove anything more than he proved last year, since he's on the depth chart behind the likes of Corey Bradford, Glenn Martinez and Mike Furrey, which further demonstrates his shortcomings, be they physical or mental.

He was the wrong guy to pick on that April afternoon in 2005, and so far he's shown nothing to dispell that fact.

I can see now why you guys abuse him. If he didn't show the capability to logon to his computer and type on a keyboard, you would think he was retarded or something.

Poor bastard. :huh:

I love when he questions other people's logic....while totally lacking logic on his own.

And of course the constant deflection in any Lions topic to bring up the Bears or Packers ( or team of whoever is slapping him silly in the thread at the time).

Oh...and that people whose teams are far more successful than the lions are just bitter and angry about the Lions.

:dunno:

It seems ol' swamp has waved the flag on this one, fellas. He says fock all of ya.

:rolleyes:

It seems ol' swamp has waved the flag on this one, fellas. He says fock all of ya.

:banana:

lol...there's nothing to wave a white flag about. i've said all along let's give mike year 2 before killing him. you and the rest of the brain-deads here say "no, kill him now."

crassic.

So, to summarize:

FMW continues to be fat and continues to get fined by his team

Swamp continues to be delusional with his "everyone else is just bitter and jealous of his pathetic team"

FMW might have a future at TE if he wanted to, according to some folks and some NFL personnel

Swamp continues with illogical rant where she self-contradicts herself a few more times

# of people who think swamp really needs to focus on her medicines grows by 5

Swamp concludes everyone is bitter and jealous of his pathetic team

:clap: :banana: :first:

exactly!! there IS a BIG difference between being a wr and te. thanks for contradicting yourself yet again.

so let me get this straight: you think any wr in the nfl can just add 20-30 pounds and become a te overnight? :lol: :lol: :first:

So, to summarize:

FMW continues to be fat and continues to get fined by his team

Swamp continues to be delusional with his "everyone else is just bitter and jealous of his pathetic team"

FMW might have a future at TE if he wanted to, according to some folks and some NFL personnel

Swamp continues with illogical rant where she self-contradicts herself a few more times

# of people who think swamp really needs to focus on her medicines grows by 5

Swamp concludes everyone is bitter and jealous of his pathetic team

:clap: :banana: :clap:

take the short bus to remedial reading comprehension. repeat next semester. and the next semester after that...

lol...there's nothing to wave a white flag about. i've said all along let's give mike year 2 before killing him. you and the rest of the brain-deads here say "no, kill him now."

crassic.

Now now swamp....."bitter are we"????

:first: :banana:

So you're telling me that Shannon Sharpe would not be able to play in today's NFL?

You are completely insane.

You can't argue your point with an example of another position, which is also on the other side of the ball mind you.

Just face facts that you're flat out wrong, and that you keep arguing your point when it's wrong. It really makes you look not-so-smart, m-kay.

Owned. :clap:

i'm telling you sharpe would be the exception to the norm today. nice try (a fav sho line :banana: )

check the weights of the tight ends being drafted today. overall, they're a lot heavier than sharpe. it's a trends thing, not a knock on sharpe or his ability.

pretty simple to understand--if you want to.

Now now swamp....."bitter are we"????

:clap: :first:

nah, it's a statement of fact. i just as easily could have said the sky is blue.

Mike Williams: 6'4" 229lbs

Terrell Owens: 6'3" 226lbs

Anquan Boldin: 6'1" 220lbs

Chris Chambers: 5'11" 210lbs

Wow Mike Williams is focking fat!

third place, slow start, strong finish. posted repeatedly. but you have reading issues.

So then what is it that Bears and Packers fans have to be worried about again, since they don't have to really worry about the 3rd place Lions or any of their players?

Maybe he just looks fatter because he's sooooo much slower than those guys?

True statement. :thumbsup:

He's not fat, he's slow.

Yep. I am calling you stupid for believing this manure. Bradford is a zero and that has been proven over and over. Martinez? H'es nothing. Furrey? Yeah right. Everybody wanted that guy.

Ok dumba##, here's 2 more

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article...NEWS99/60809036

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/lions/home.htm

Why the Bradford hate? Oh I know you drafted him in the 2nd round in your fantasy league last year as a super sleeper pick and he didn't produce, now i get it.

i'm telling you sharpe would be the exception to the norm today. nice try (a fav sho line :thumbsup: )

check the weights of the tight ends being drafted today. overall, they're a lot heavier than sharpe. it's a trends thing, not a knock on sharpe or his ability.

pretty simple to understand--if you want to.

nah, it's a statement of fact. i just as easily could have said the sky is blue.

WILLIAMS IS TOO SLOW!!!!

He's also shown a lack of personal commitment to make himself better, and a lack of commitment to his team by not being in shape.

So far, he's shown everyone that he's lazy and the possibility that the Lions may have wasted a pick.

My original post talked about threatening the guy with a position change. He's obviously not reacting too quickly with getting fined.

He'd probably make a terrible TE. Why? Because he's showing a complete lack of work ethic and desire to become better.

It's the ongoing tragedy of the big-time collegiate player, who comes into the NFL, riding on his laurels, reading his press clippings, not aware of the work he still have before him. This is the term underacheiver.

He would not be the first underachiever, and not the last. Until he proves otherwise, he's a classic underachiever, almost to the point of bust (give him another year or so).

BTW, Sharpe's last full season was 2003, where he put up decent numbers. So don't pretend like he played in an entirely different era.

So then what is it that Bears and Packers fans have to be worried about again, since they don't have to really worry about the 3rd place Lions or any of their players?

exactly. again, ask yourself and sweetmeat why you obsess about mike and the lions so much. it's already been established the bears are going to run away with the division. start celebrating and be happy. or at least act like it.

WILLIAMS IS TOO SLOW!!!!

He's also shown a lack of personal commitment to make himself better, and a lack of commitment to his team by not being in shape.

So far, he's shown everyone that he's lazy and the possibility that the Lions may have wasted a pick.

My original post talked about threatening the guy with a position change. He's obviously not reacting too quickly with getting fined.

He'd probably make a terrible TE. Why? Because he's showing a complete lack of work ethic and desire to become better.

It's the ongoing tragedy of the big-time collegiate player, who comes into the NFL, riding on his laurels, reading his press clippings, not aware of the work he still have before him. This is the term underacheiver.

He would not be the first underachiever, and not the last. Until he proves otherwise, he's a classic underachiever, almost to the point of bust (give him another year or so).

BTW, Sharpe's last full season was 2003, where he put up decent numbers. So don't pretend like he played in an entirely different era.

i didn't say sharpe played in a different era. i said to check the weight of *most* TEs coming into the nfl today.

aside from that, posters have correctly pointed out that mike's current weight (229 is high, but i'll indulge) is in-line with more nfl wrs than it is tes.

furthermore, there is a difference between being a te and a wr (even sho admits this). so simply packing on weight and switching positions doesn't work.

all of it is moot. the lions aren't going to make a te out of mike williams, period--regardless of how good of an idea anyone here thinks it is. that's the only thing that matters, so the rest of the debate is simply silly.

other than that, let's see what this year brings (again, a statement that many here find inexplicably irrational).

exactly!! there IS a BIG difference between being a wr and te. thanks for contradicting yourself yet again.

so let me get this straight: you think any wr in the nfl can just add 20-30 pounds and become a te overnight? :huh: :P :cheers:

I think you need another vocabularly lesson...earlier you were constantly using "red herring" incorrectly and actually were the one bringing up unrelated things to a conversation...now you prove you have no idea what contradicts means.

Yes...there is a difference between being a WR and a TE...how does that contradict me saying he is ineffective as a WR and some have said he should be a TE? Oh wait...nothing about that is contradicting. Shocker.

Funny...where did I say "any" WR in the nfl can just do that? Oh...thats right...I never did. Nor did I claim he could become one overnight.

But keep up with the spin and delusion...it really is funny.

Difference is...He is just now 229.....2nd....he is slow....much slower than Owens, Boldin, and Chambers.

I think you need another vocabularly lesson...earlier you were constantly using "red herring" incorrectly and actually were the one bringing up unrelated things to a conversation...now you prove you have no idea what contradicts means.

Yes...there is a difference between being a WR and a TE...how does that contradict me saying he is ineffective as a WR and some have said he should be a TE? Oh wait...nothing about that is contradicting. Shocker.

Funny...where did I say "any" WR in the nfl can just do that? Oh...thats right...I never did. Nor did I claim he could become one overnight.

Difference is...He is just now 229.....2nd....he is slow....much slower than Owens, Boldin, and Chambers.

"much slower" than boldin? are you talking about the same boldin who ran a 4.7 at his pro day? that boldin?

perhaps there's a different boldin you're speaking of. that must be it--because god knows (and you probably tell him on a daily basis--along with your wife) you're never, ever, never wrong.

"just now" 229? so he's always been overweight? you mean he played at 240+ at usc? really? link, please.

oops, forgot: you're never ever never wrong :lol:

i'd hate to see what you'd sound like when you DO write someone off. :wacko:

Actually, I have to agree with Swamp that FMW is not a good candidate for TE. He wants to compare FMW to the current crop of TE's so here you go:

1. Can you imagine how slow he would be with ANOTHER 20-30 lbs of Twinkee's on his frame? In a 100 dash, V Davis would be in the shower before FMW finished. Gates might be toweling off.

2. With his work ethic, the whole idea of blocking might make him faint.

Actually, I have to agree with Swamp that FMW is not a good candidate for TE. He wants to compare FMW to the current crop of TE's so here you go:

1. Can you imagine how slow he would be with ANOTHER 20-30 lbs of Twinkee's on his frame? In a 100 dash, V Davis would be in the shower before FMW finished. Gates might be toweling off.

2. With his work ethic, the whole idea of blocking might make him faint.

actually, i agree with your first point. mike was completely ineffective as a football player when he was up to 240+. it makes no sense that he would suddenly become effective as a football player to put on MORE weight than that and just switch positions.

"much slower" than boldin? are you talking about the same boldin who ran a 4.7 at his pro day? that boldin?

perhaps there's a different boldin you're speaking of. that must be it--because god knows (and you probably tell him on a daily basis--along with your wife) you're never, ever, never wrong.

Yes..it must all be about that one pro-day. You know Brian Calhoun ran a bad 40 time at the combine...I guess he is slow too.

"just now" 229? so he's always been overweight? you mean he played at 240+ at usc? really? link, please.

oops, forgot: you're never ever never wrong :dunno:

i'd hate to see what you'd sound like when you DO write someone off. :o

link to me saying he was 240+ @usc? Oh wait...I never said such a thing.

Perhaps you should deal in facts...rather than your interpretation of what people have actually said.

actually, i agree with your first point. mike was completely ineffective as a football player when he was up to 240+. it makes no sense that he would suddenly become effective as a football player to put on MORE weight than that and just switch positions.

How many times does someone have to tell you...he was ineffective as a WR. You obviously understand that TE is a different position...going against different matchups right? Or does your football knowledge consist of...

"deflect any criticism against any lions"

Yes..it must all be about that one pro-day. You know Brian Calhoun ran a bad 40 time at the combine...I guess he is slow too.

link to me saying he was 240+ @usc? Oh wait...I never said such a thing.

Perhaps you should deal in facts...rather than your interpretation of what people have actually said.

How many times does someone have to tell you...he was ineffective as a WR. You obviously understand that TE is a different position...going against different matchups right? Or does your football knowledge consist of...

"deflect any criticism against any lions"

1) i can show data of boldin's 40-time versus mike williams. you simply claim the watch isn't everything and that you just know, god bless you, in the bottom of your little cold heart that boldin is just "much more" faster cuz youz just sayz so. :o

2) so you admit you were wrong about mike always being fat. that's a good first step, but you need lots of work yet in that department. still, baby steps. good job.

3) you still think mike would be a better te by adding a bunch of pounds and lining up at te. okkkaaaayy then.

1) i can show data of boldin's 40-time versus mike williams. you simply claim the watch isn't everything and that you just know, god bless you, in the bottom of your little cold heart that boldin is just "much more" faster cuz youz just sayz so. ;)

2) so you admit you were wrong about mike always being fat. that's a good first step, but you need lots of work yet in that department. still, baby steps. good job.

3) you still think mike would be a better te by adding a bunch of pounds and lining up at te. okkkaaaayy then.

1) you can show one 40 time...great...I can show you one of Brian Calhoun's where people will call him slow. Watch the guy play...tell me if he is...same with Boldin vs. Williams. I claim the watch is not everything...because it is how that translates to on the field in pads is what matters. A fact which I do not expect you to be able to understand.

2) Again with the twisting...care to point out where I said he was "always fat"? Wait...again, you made that up...I never said sucha thing. Keep trying Spin Dog.

3) Actually I never said he would make a better TE. my exact quote as a response to Ghost saying threaten to make him a TE was...

I have heard several analysts say he should be a TE.

So...take a few classes in reading comprehension and proper quoting and paraphrasing...drop the spin classes...then get back to me...til then...discussin anything with you is like talking to a brick wall...you absorb absolutely nothing.

Ok dumba##, here's 2 more

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article...NEWS99/60809036

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/lions/home.htm

Why the Bradford hate? Oh I know you drafted him in the 2nd round in your fantasy league last year as a super sleeper pick and he didn't produce, now i get it.

Yawn. It 's bradford. He's really putting on a clinic tonight too. The guy sucks. Always has always will.

1) you can show one 40 time...great...I can show you one of Brian Calhoun's where people will call him slow. Watch the guy play...tell me if he is...same with Boldin vs. Williams. I claim the watch is not everything...because it is how that translates to on the field in pads is what matters. A fact which I do not expect you to be able to understand.

2) Again with the twisting...care to point out where I said he was "always fat"? Wait...again, you made that up...I never said sucha thing. Keep trying Spin Dog.

3) Actually I never said he would make a better TE. my exact quote as a response to Ghost saying threaten to make him a TE was...

So...take a few classes in reading comprehension and proper quoting and paraphrasing...drop the spin classes...then get back to me...til then...discussin anything with you is like talking to a brick wall...you absorb absolutely nothing.

you've seen mike williams play this year? really? when? just curious, because i have.

1-10-50 (14:25) D.Orlovsky pass deep middle to M.Williams to CLV 26 for 24 yards (B.Pool).

you've seen mike williams play this year? really? when? just curious, because i have.

1-10-50 (14:25) D.Orlovsky pass deep middle to M.Williams to CLV 26 for 24 yards (B.Pool).

Wow...a 24 yard pass...took him 8 seconds to get there too didn't it?

;)

Oh, there's FMW with a 24 yard reception. he's soooooo slowwwwww ;)

for the second week in a row he gets behind the defender and makes a big play...how the hell does a fat, slow guy like that keep doing that? :banana:

Oh, there's FMW with a 24 yard reception. he's soooooo slowwwwww ;)

William Henderson has longs of over 24 yards for 6 seasons in his career....he is a FB....he is not fast.

That proves what?

Wow...a 24 yard pass...took him 8 seconds to get there too didn't it?

:banana:

this from the guy who hasn't seen any of the lions games this year or mike williams play, yet is the resident expert on him.

You'll have to ask Sho Nuff. He's the guru. ;)

sho don't need no stop watch--in fact, he doesn't even need to SEE these players play. he just KNOWS, man!!!! :clap:

William Henderson has longs of over 24 yards for 6 seasons in his career....he is a FB....he is not fast.

That proves what?

Since you are being an idiot, explain how Keyshawn Johnson played 10 years and was slow as molasses.

FYI brain dead. Slow means jack ###### if you can catch and run routes.

I have just schooled you. ;)

(13:46) D.Orlovsky pass incomplete deep left to E.Drummond.

2-10-CLE26 (13:41) D.Orlovsky pass incomplete short right to M.Furrey.

3-10-CLE26 (13:37) D.Orlovsky pass incomplete deep left to E.Drummond (S.Jones) [s.Jones].

Yeah, these guys should be ahead of BMW. A couple of hack drive killers.

Since you are being an idiot, explain how Keyshawn Johnson played 10 years and was slow as molasses.

FYI brain dead. Slow means jack ###### if you can catch and run routes.

I have just schooled you. :banana:

(13:46) D.Orlovsky pass incomplete deep left to E.Drummond.

2-10-CLE26 (13:41) D.Orlovsky pass incomplete short right to M.Furrey.

3-10-CLE26 (13:37) D.Orlovsky pass incomplete deep left to E.Drummond (S.Jones) [s.Jones].

Yeah, these guys should be ahead of BMW. A couple of hack drive killers.

Schooled me?

Show me one bit of evidence that Keyshawn has ever been called fat or unmotivated as Mike has...both last year and this year even.

You and your little puppy can spin this any way you see fit.

The fact remains after all the deflection...that the guy is still being fined for being overweight.

That he has been called slow by many.

Comparing him to Keyshawn is quite funny too...call me when Mike gets anywhere near the numbers Keyshawn has put up...or Boldin.

Ok, you are a retard. Read what I said. I said slow means jack (###### in your mouth). I didn't say he was better or works harder than keyshawn, just that slow means nothing and keyshawn proves that.

How did you ever even learn how to read? It really is a mystery of the universe in itself.

You are the blabbermouth that says he is slow. I schooled your low IQ cromagnon dome by showing you that slow is meaningless.

Read my signature. It is you to a T.

Ok, you are a retard. Read what I said. I said slow means jack (###### in your mouth). I didn't say he was better or works harder than keyshawn, just that slow means nothing and keyshawn proves that.

How did you ever even learn how to read? It really is a mystery of the universe in itself.

You are the blabbermouth that says he is slow. I schooled your low IQ cromagnon dome by showing you that slow is meaningless.

yep, you did--but sho will never admit it. he's always always right just because he is :banana:

he's this way with everyone. don't take it personally.

Schooled me?

Show me one bit of evidence that Keyshawn has ever been called fat or unmotivated as Mike has...both last year and this year even.

You and your little puppy can spin this any way you see fit.

The fact remains after all the deflection...that the guy is still being fined for being overweight.

That he has been called slow by many.

Comparing him to Keyshawn is quite funny too...call me when Mike gets anywhere near the numbers Keyshawn has put up...or Boldin.

so now that you've been schooled on the speed thing you bait-and-switch to stats? crassic sho.

Funny...I never said you did say he was better or works harder...just that you compared the two...which you did. Funny...how you misrepresenting what was actually said...a swamp like tactic...makes me a retard.

I have learned how to read...funny you would say that given you and your buddy keep misquoting me and inaccurately paraphrasing me.

I...among others...have said he is slow. Which he is. Yes...slow is meaningless if you run good routes and work hard. Williams does neither (by most accounts).

Like swamp...maybe once you start dealing in facts...you would actually have something meaningful to say...

yep, you did--but sho will never admit it. he's always always right just because he is B)

he's this way with everyone. don't take it personally.

He showed me that another player that is not that fast is a good receiver. Problem is...that other WR does other things that Mike just does not do.

He compared the two...which is all I said. Like you...he jumped and spun from there.

It has nothing to do with me "always being right". I have never claimed as such...but thanks for the compliment.

Im that way when the facts support my argument. You would not know what that feels like.

so now that you've been schooled on the speed thing you bait-and-switch to stats? crassic sho.

Another term you have no clue about...the bait and switch. Shocking how bad you are with the English language.

Schooled on speed? Funny you would claim that...since you both look like idiots comparing Mike to Boldin and Keyshawn. I have defended my point quite well. Williams is not fast...he is overweight...the rest is the deflection you like to use if any of your Lions are criticized...no matter how valid the criticism is.

Until one of you two clowns can refute the fact that he is still getting fined for being overweight....there is no point in trying to use logic and reason with you two...you just don't get it.

see his post above. double crassic :dunno:

he's now taking the debate back to fine thing. if you're keeping score at home: it's a bait, switch, another switch. :wacko:

see his post above. double crassic :doh:

he's now taking the debate back to fine thing. if you're keeping score at home: it's a bait, switch, another switch. :doh:

Actually...the debate was about the fine and being overweight thing...you decided to once again deflect. But nice try.

Keep up the spin and lies Swampy...only another 3 and half months til your annual departure.