Sign in to follow this  
Creepin'Camel-Toe

HDTV My first game

Bought the TV a few months ago.

The surround sound system is a nice touch as well. I can hear the play being called by Manning in the no-huddle.

Welcome to the dark side...

:doh: :dunno: :banana:

This will be my first season with HD and my new huge Sony 50 something incher! I love watching the channels in the 900's on HD. Excellent!

Madison doesnt carry fox in HD :cry: :mad: :cry:

At least I'm not the only one. I'm paying out this extra money to watch a regular picture. :mad: :banana:

Fox? Its Sunday Night Football on NBC...

Right? :unsure:

Yeah, he probably meant they dont fave NBC in HD. I just moved to South Bend and just bought my HDTV I dont get NBC in HD but I have been getting the ESPN games in it.

Im getting HD for free for the 1st 4 months but after watching games and movies in HD I figure its worth the 10 bucks a month.

BTW, the Yankee-Red Sox gm is nice in HD as well. These fockers know how to get your $$$.

My biggest problem is the lack of channels.

I only get 4, NBC CBS ABC & FOX

Comcast says don't have enough bandwidth for more.

Thinking about going to Direct TV or Dish Network.

Dish has 27 channels in HD and Direct has 11 but they are putting up 5 more satelites in the next 4 years. They will have close to 50 then.

Only good thing about Comcast is my download speed is 8M... :unsure:

One last observation about HD...

IT'S VERY IMPORTANT THAT NEWS/REPORTS BE SOME-WHAT ATTRACTIVE!

Holy crap, that side lines reported Andrea for NBC looks like she got hit by a truck... :cheers:

Its not just her, some local news anchors aren't looking to good either.

AND PLEASE don't show Madden. I almost lost my supper...

:smiliepuking:

Actually, I did mean FOX. I was speaking generically about the joy of football in HD, not about tonights game.

Has anyone bit the bullet and bought the $99 Superfan package for NFL Sunday ticket so you can get some of those games in HD? I am going to do it but it is the biggest freaking rip off, if I am paying $250 for sunday ticket, plus $10/month for HD programming, why do I have to pay another $99 for Superfan. It just pisses me off, and direct tv and nfl do it because they know they can. Thanks for ripping me off Direct TV. :headbanger:

Has anyone bit the bullet and bought the $99 Superfan package for NFL Sunday ticket so you can get some of those games in HD? I am going to do it but it is the biggest freaking rip off, if I am paying $250 for sunday ticket, plus $10/month for HD programming, why do I have to pay another $99 for Superfan. It just pisses me off, and direct tv and nfl do it because they know they can. Thanks for ripping me off Direct TV. ;)

Hmmm, Maybe I'll go with Dish instead of Direct

Unless...... Can you only buy the red-zone channel? LOL that's all I care about! :headbanger:

Bought the TV a few months ago.

The surround sound system is a nice touch as well. I can hear the play being called by Manning in the no-huddle.

Welcome my friend. It is a whole new world. You will wonder how you ever watched TV any other way.

Madden is definitely gross in HD, but Al Michaels looks like someone dug him up and propped him up in the booth. My first MNF game in HD last, I actually audibly gasped when I saw Al.

I got the Superfan package this year, but DirecTV gave it to me free when I called and said I wanted to cancel ST (was hoping they wouldn't call my bluff). Got Superfan and a free HD Tivo -- can't wait to see the games in HD this year (hopefully most will be). Last year I had to get lucky and hope the OTA games were in HD -- not all were.

I also highhly recommend college football, particularly USC. You can ignore the game and just wait for the cheerleaders.

:pointstosky:

I also highhly recommend college football, particularly USC. You can ignore the game and just wait for the cheerleaders.

:pointstosky:

Cheerleaders..... Wow, never considered them....

:bench: :cry: :banana:

Cheerleaders..... Wow, never considered them....

:dunno: :mad: :wub:

With a handle like yours, you never considered SC cheerleaders in HD?!

Through DirecTV you can watch almost every NFL game in HD from anywhere in the nation. The only ones you miss are truly dreadful games and.... unfortunately.... your home team depending on where you live. DirecTV still has those games in HD but that BS pro monopoly law forces them to black out feeds that are in conflict with your local network. I get those over the air anyway! but for some that sucks. Also, DirecTV is launching the Top 50 markets with Local HD so many more will be covered soon.

Not only do games in HD kick all kinds of ass, they're even better if you have HD TiVo! The clarity of HD with the rewind and slow motion options of TiVo allow you to review plays for yourself. Instant replay. Zoom! Close calls. I have no doubt that I can see replays just as good as the review booth on my 55" widescreen HDTV.

Has anyone bit the bullet and bought the $99 Superfan package for NFL Sunday ticket so you can get some of those games in HD? I am going to do it but it is the biggest freaking rip off, if I am paying $250 for sunday ticket, plus $10/month for HD programming, why do I have to pay another $99 for Superfan. It just pisses me off, and direct tv and nfl do it because they know they can. Thanks for ripping me off Direct TV. :pointstosky:

The funny thing is, is if everybody would just sit back and wait to buy it, the price would drop considerably, may even drop the cost of Superfan to free.

But everybody wants it now, and if Direct TV can get that for it, why not charge it?

Yet I hear people bitching about the price. If you don't like the price, don't buy it. That's my philosophy. If enough people did that, Direct TV will have to drop the price.

Better yet if enough people call and ask about the price, and then tell them that it's too much. I guarantee a price drop for next year.

Band Together people.

Now don't get me started on telemarketing and how we can get THAT to stop....

Welcome my friend. It is a whole new world. You will wonder how you ever watched TV any other way.

soooo truuuueeeee! i just bought the hdtv and man, how did i watch games before. the picture. the sound. its fockin awesome!!!!! wish there were games on every night.

I'm actually getting local HD channels over the air with an antenna and HDTV receiver. Amazing that this high quality image is available using a $40 antenna. :banana:

Wait til you switch back to analog....you will be so angry.

Just watched the Seahawks/Indy with my new 50" Panasonic Plasma. Wow, I thought I had it good with my 42". BIGGER is BETTER!!! PGA was awesome to watch as well!

Better yet if enough people call and ask about the price, and then tell them that it's too much. I guarantee a price drop for next year.

I did just that. If I can't have it in HD, I don't want it. With Superfan that puts me at $320 which is WAY, WAY too much. Even $200 is too much but I can at lease semi justify that. The extra for HD put me over the top and I told the customer retention agent just that. Some guys get deals but I just haggled with them over my HD TiVo so they wouldn't give me squat.

Try 96" of HD tv.

I don't know why more people don't buy projectors. They are INCREDIBLE... I mean seriously, 96" of HD football for less than $2000!!!!

At 96" they are life size too, it's truely incredible. And now with Direct TV's new multi game channel (I think they show 6 games at the same time) you could be watching 6 games at the same time at a normal tv's size.

Thank god for projectors and football!!!

:banana:

I don't know why more people don't buy projectors.

Women tend to not like that sort of thing. Especially if you want to hang a screen on the wall and black out all outside light sources.

Women tend to not like that sort of thing. Especially if you want to hang a screen on the wall and black out all outside light sources.

I've already informed my girlfriend that if we get married and buy a house, I'm doing a custom floor plan with a windowless room in the corner of the basement for a HD projection home theater room with an obscene sound system and stadium seating for about 10-12 people.

Just gotta setup the theater in the basement where there is little light anyways. It's well worth it!

Although I did get an absurd closeup of Mr. Ed's.. ERRR! Peyton Manning's nose the other day that was a little bit too big and clear for my liking.

Has anyone bit the bullet and bought the $99 Superfan package for NFL Sunday ticket so you can get some of those games in HD? I am going to do it but it is the biggest freaking rip off, if I am paying $250 for sunday ticket, plus $10/month for HD programming, why do I have to pay another $99 for Superfan. It just pisses me off, and direct tv and nfl do it because they know they can. Thanks for ripping me off Direct TV. :banana:
Did you have the ticket and Superfan last year?? I did and was able to convince customer service to give it to me for free this year. DTv was running a special for the early bird subscibers and they were giving it to them for free. Somehow they screwed up and my subscription didn't autonatically renew. Needless to say I complained and got the ticket for $230. this year and the Superfan for free. I suggest you complain to customer service and try to get it for free....can't hurt.

It's people like you that've waited sooooo long to get a damn HDTV, that have made the transition so fockin' long for those of us that've been in the game for years.

Thanks for helpin' out. :doublethumbsup:

It's people like you that've waited sooooo long to get a damn HDTV, that have made the transition so fockin' long for those of us that've been in the game for years.

Thanks for helpin' out. :mad:

WTF does that mean? :dunno:

Sounds like he is blaming you personally for the networks dragging their feet on HDTV. I think originally everything was supposed to go HD back in 99 or 2000. But the networks kept saying there wasnt an audience and the FCC allowed them to drag their feet. But just a few years ago I got mine for $1400 when gateway stores closed (its a floor model). That tv cost $5300 new. No way was I paying 5300, but 1400 was too good to pass up.

It's not a personal atteck, it's a general dissapointment with the Average Joes out there that are still waiting for prices to drop to get in the HD game, or they're too cheap to pay the extra $10-$20 bucks a months.

Bandwith for HD channels is something like 10 times the bandwidth of a regular station. (NFL vs NFLHD)

So unless more and more people subscribe, there's no real reason for any of hte carriers to push their systems to accomodate less than 10% of the marketplace. :(

So when I see a game on NFL Network say "Avalaible in HD" and I can't get it, I cringe at Comcast, but then realize it's not them, it's my ignorant cheap neigbors. :pointstosky: :mad: :ninja: :pointstosky:

It's not a personal atteck, it's a general dissapointment with the Average Joes out there that are still waiting for prices to drop to get in the HD game

I can't fault people who don't put enough importance on watching television to not want to pay more than a grand for a TV.