Sign in to follow this  
Woble Eth

Anyone else sorta-like MaGahee this year?

I am picking 12th in a 12 team league and was considering picking him at 13, following up another RB - depending who would be there - James, Johnson, Jackson, Brown, etc.. I have seen him going late in the 2nd round - sometimes later, with the argument with the QB situation...

Not closely comparing him to LT2, but wouldn't they have similar "problems" at QB? MaGahee was a fashionable 1st rounder last year - and did "eh".. This year, new system... Certainly has a shot to do nice this this year..

Right? :blink:

I sorta like McGahee this year. Thankfully, I won't be in a position to force me to make a decision to pick him. I have Tiki and Lamont in a keeper league and LJ and Westy :blink: in my dynasty.

I agree with you. His QB, o-line and the play calling will be better this year. As others have said last year he was over rated this I thing a lot of people are under rating him. Remember as bad as last year was he still put up 1400 combined yards.

Quiet please. My draft is in two days.

I'm with you on "Whatchoo Talkin Bout Willis" - I'm in the 7 spot in a 10 team re-draft non ppr. Debating between Willis and Top Tier WR at 2.4 - I'm quite certain he'll be available.

What to do, what to do.......

Quiet please. My draft is in two days.

Deleting this post... :headbanger:

I hear ya. If I was picking earlier in the first and later in the second, I would be concerned - he'll likely be a bargain - who knows....

I'm with you on "Whatchoo Talkin Bout Willis" - I'm in the 7 spot in a 10 team re-draft non ppr. Debating between Willis and Top Tier WR at 2.4 - I'm quite certain he'll be available.

What to do, what to do.......

I'd nab him at 2.4... Unless you are in my league, he'll likely be there! :doh:

Any later, he'll be buh bye... Funny, the guy with Alexander at 1.2 or LT@ at 1.3 (or vice-versa) could do worse with Magahee in the second.

:noted:

McGahee won't be as good by the 30th.

Also, I have the #2 so I won't even get a sniff of that degenerative knee.

McGahee won't be as good by the 30th.

Also, I have the #2 so I won't even get a sniff of that degenerative knee.

Yeah...if he makes it back to 2.07 i would be forced to take that focker again.

I traded for him after week 4 last year so went WEEKS without any kind of production and was very disappointed. That being said, the NFL is crazy and you never know what teams will rebound. McGahee is an unquestioned # 1 and could benefit from a new system and staff. I have buyer's remorse so would not draft him until the 3rd, but he'll more than likely be long gone by then. He could have a bounce back season.

His QB, o-line and the play calling will be better this year.

Based on what? They still have the same QB, same o-line, and WR core that went from weak to weaker with Moulds gone. McGahee is kicking ass in preseason, but when the real games start that will all change. He's not going to get too many carries with his team playing from behind (the Bills are still terrible).

But I guess he's a value this year since he's being taken as a RB2 in fantasy this year as opposed to RB1 last year.

i like him than lamont :D

English mofo, do you speak it?

I like him so much that I traded for him to be my RB3. What he and the coaches have been saying this offseason point to him having an improved year. Gone is Mularkey who for some reason loved Shaud Williams on 3rd downs and rarely used Willis in red zone packages. Losman looks like he'll be the starter and the o-line will be back together for another year. At worst, he does what he did last year, which I'd take as my RB3. Willis has no main competition and he's healthy, and for those reasons alone he has more upside than some other backs taken before him.

He has been making quite a bang this preseason and it makes sense right now for him as a #2.

I pick 2nd out of an 8 team league which mean I have the 15th pick overall as my second pick.

I was thinking about taking Julius as my 2nd back but he hasn't done much so far to prove he's worth it plus McGahee will get the goalline carries and I'm sure Julius is going to lose a bunch to Barber and TO. I just wish the Julius that finished the rookie season would show up again - maybe he's taking it easy until the season starts?

Anyway if I can get McGahee and then Julius I will be looking at Cadillac, McGahee, and Julius as my top three picks which would be fantastic I think. If he falls enough I might even think of taking a top WR with my 3rd pick and hope he falls to me at #31.

He's not going to get too many carries with his team playing from behind (the Bills are still terrible).

Defensively they are solid - that alone keeps them in many games. They are certainly not on the bad end of blowouts week after week. If that were the case, I'd agree - but given the quality of the defensive unit - they will be in most games.

Defensively they are solid - that alone keeps them in many games. They are certainly not on the bad end of blowouts week after week. If that were the case, I'd agree - but given the quality of the defensive unit - they will be in most games.

You were suppose to delete this thread! :first: Nobody wants to hear your man love for this guy. His team sucks he isn't going to do anything. Now please delete this thread.

My draft is in three days

He fell to the middle of the 2nd round in our draft and was picked 1 spot before me. I ended up waiting until the 4th round to grab my RB2 and landed Droughns, who I feel will be as productive as McGahee.

They both have similarly inept offensive talent around them, but at least Droughns has Winslow and a recovering Braylon Edwards to draw some attention.