Sign in to follow this  
Texansfan

TO = piece of dogsh*t

I know you don't. But I really wasn't talikng about you because you are a pretty stand up guy. If, by some miracle of God, the TO thing doesn't turn into a disaster you wouldn't go all Torrid claiming you never said that TO would destroy the team.

Agreed.

To add....

[RYBO] ;) ;) [/RYBO] :P

I will glady come back a retract my statements if this doesnt go any further. However, all of things I posted have already happened. The only thing that has yet to come true is the final blow up.

Until then... ;)

TO is TO, regardless of the coach, or the team, or the contract.

TO is dumb as dirt, and allowed himself to be manipulated by an agent who only wanted to get him a new contract so said agent could cash in on TO.

Reid was more than fair with the POS, and handled it perfectly. Had TO been handled more like this earlier perhaps he would not be the child that he has grown in to.

We all told the Philly fans when he cried his way into their team that it woudl not go well. Most of them just laughed and threw up some dancing bananas, then the prophecy came true. I would not expect Parcells to be less tough on TO than Reid, but perhaps a little better at stroking his massive ego into playing football and not crying like a little b!tch. :o

I'll agree with you here. I'll admit that we weren't listening to outside opinion when Owens was signed. He wasn't in Baltimore long enough for you guys to give us advice, so I don't know where that comes from.

I blame Rosenhaus 100% for last year, and blame TO's previous agent as well. The NFLPA told Owens and his agent the deal wasn't fair to the player, yet he signed it anyway. I'm sure TO told him to just get a deal done, but the agent has to save the client from himself. That's what he's payed to do.

Rosenhaus came into the picture, and the rest is history. I don't blame him for trying to correct a wrong, but the way he went about it was wrong. Besides, Rosenhaus had nothing to gain by taking on a PITA client with an existing contract.

I know you don't. But I really wasn't talikng about you because you are a pretty stand up guy. If, by some miracle of God, the TO thing doesn't turn into a disaster you wouldn't go all Torrid claiming you never said that TO would destroy the team.

Got it. I'm just sick of the TO talk.

Comcast SportsNet includes a TO update every focking day here in Philly. Sure, I want to choke the fock, and I hope he fails miserably and destroys the Cowboys' season.

I think people are blowing this thing out of proportion, although this will be apart of TO's scrapbook once he gets booted out of Dallas.

I just believe TO is just beyond help. If he were alot younger, I can see Parcells getting along with the guy. But you know the saying, can't teach an old dog new tricks.

Parcell's won't change, and really doesn't have to. TO won't change, and feels he doesn't have to. Like he said, you can't have Terrell Owens the player without TO the personality. :shocking:

Where the heck do I take him? My first draft I took Holt over him, though I think Owens could put up bigger season, dang him. :dunno:

Yeah, you jerks go and win 3 Superbowls in the '90s and you didn't even send a Thank You card to the Vikings. Bunch of jerks.

:pointstosky:

I'll agree with you here. I'll admit that we weren't listening to outside opinion when Owens was signed. He wasn't in Baltimore long enough for you guys to give us advice, so I don't know where that comes from.

I think it was more than just Bmore people making the assertion. The writing was on the wall.....

It was clear from his behavior in SF that this kid had problems. Then, after his behavior during the trade and his subsequent tantrum to get into Philly it was pretty clear to most everyone that he was a cancer and would create significant issues for the team. The hope was that Reid would be able to take control and mold Owens into more than just an immensly talent WR, but also into a man as well. I think Reid did all the rigth things, and TO did just what we would expect from a 5-year old in a mans body.

The only people not worrying were the Philly fans who assigned the role of "sour grapes" to anyone who voiced concern.

I think it was more than just Bmore people making the assertion. The writing was on the wall.....

It was clear from his behavior in SF that this kid had problems. Then, after his behavior during the trade and his subsequent tantrum to get into Philly it was pretty clear to most everyone that he was a cancer and would create significant issues for the team. The hope was that Reid would be able to take control and mold Owens into more than just an immensly talent WR, but also into a man as well. I think Reid did all the rigth things, and TO did just what we would expect from a 5-year old in a mans body.

The only people not worrying were the Philly fans who assigned the role of "sour grapes" to anyone who voiced concern.

Being a Philly person, I will tell you virtually everyone put their blinders on (including myself) when that whole ordeal happened, because we were eyeing a Super Bowl at that point. I'd have backed them signing Jeff Dahmer if it meant he can catch and run like TO.

Besided, don't you think Ravens' fans had the sour grapes because they got screwed by the ruling?

I can't see passing judgement on the guy because of his behavior in San Fran. There were no other instances of bad behavior prior. I'll always give someone another chance at redemption. Besides, losing does strange things to competitive people.

Now we all know better. It sucks that he destroyed our season last year, and it sucks that he ruins his athletic gift with his big mouth.

What doesn't suck is what's going on now, and that the hammer will eventually drop in Dallas, and that he will ruin their season. :huh:

I think Ravens fans were truly disappointed, but once this all worked out I had a chance to sit back and think and I found myself sorta happy that we did not take on the guy. I dont think he would have been at all happy here, and I doubt he would have helped Boller be any better.

In the end, his skills served Philly better than they would have served Bmore.

6% does not seem an unreasonable amount to me for Jerry Jones to be spending on a high risk high reward player for his business.

The problem is that although Jerry Jones is a good business man he doesn't know squat about football!

The problem is that although Jerry Jones is a good business man he doesn't know squat about football!

:cheers:

I think Ravens fans were truly disappointed, but once this all worked out I had a chance to sit back and think and I found myself sorta happy that we did not take on the guy. I dont think he would have been at all happy here, and I doubt he would have helped Boller be any better.

In the end, his skills served Philly better than they would have served Bmore.

True dat. In all honesty, I thoroughly enjoyed the Super Bowls season with TO. That year, I went to the Pitt/Eagles game at Heinz Field (50 yard line luxury sweet, truly unbelievable), and watched the whole McNabb/TO thing on the sideline.

I don't regret the Eagles signing him, but I do hate the focker with a passion, and I do hold ill feelings for the Eagles for not just throwing some money at him to shut him the fock up last season.

and he has a base salary of $5 million this year which he needs to earn to get. Meaning that TO got his first check, and does not start earning his next check until game one. To earn his contract, he needs to practice the week before for Parcells to activate him in game one.

A player who is under contract and is unactivated for a game still gets paid. So if Parcells was to :clap: TO, Jones would still have to cut him a paycheck. Also NFL teams can not simply cut injured players, there are terms in the collective bargaining agreement that prevent this - as protection for truly injured players. There is a status I believe it is called "waived injured", it is how Stephan Davis was waived by Carolina, but it entitles the player to the base portion of the guaranteed years of their contracts. So it might be that TO can walk away from Dallas with his $5M signing bonus and some other $, it all depends on how exactly the collective bargaining agreement is worded, how his contract is worded and if it comes to it how an arbitraitor interrupts the two.

Where the heck do I take him? My first draft I took Holt over him, though I think Owens could put up bigger season, dang him. :banana:

I think you did it right taking Holt over TO. Personally, I wouldn't have him as anything more than a #3 WR on my team. Which is why I don't have to worry about it, someone else will take him a lot higher than that. I just don't think that he is worth using a high draft pick on him, there is just too much risk there, and too many other good options when picking in the 2-6 rounds. If he falls to the 6th round he might be worth a shot, but he will never drop that far. Fine with me let someone else sweat the drama.

PLEEEEEEASE! TO will never be anything but a TOTAL PIECE OF SH%T :ninja:

:banana:

TO is a HUGE gamble, but most here had the boys fiinishing in the basement of their own division and out of the playoffs anyways. why not take a shot? and with the circus going on, we're still 0-0 and tied for the division lead. certainly time will tell.

I'm going to enjoy watching TO ruin the Cowboys locker room. :doublethumbsup:

Another example of a sour fan of an organization that has never accomplished anything in the NFL. Only a guess.

So...uh...who's yer team?

Hmm. What's that say about Jeffrey Lurie? Or any other past owner of the Eagles? LOL. They accomplished ZERO in the NFL.

Hilarious watching the Eagles, year after piss their window of opportunity down the drain. They've basically taken a big crap directly on the heads of their entire fan base. LOL.

So...uh...who's yer team?

A hint: It's the worst organization in their division.