Sign in to follow this  
do rag

Jackson #5 ? Brown #6 ?

there is no way S.Jackson and R.Brown should be ranked as high as they are. James and Jordan, maybe even Rudi are all going to score more points than Jackson, and especially Brown. For some reason on this board, people have been pumping up Jackson. STL is going to be a BAD team this year. Brown has never played a full season, not even in college, and will not be able to handle the grind. James and Jordan at least have proven they can do it , and Jordan put up the #s on a bad team last year.

The rankings should be

Tomlinson

Alexander

Johnson

Barber

James

Jordan

R Johnson

Jackson

Brown

There is still a TON of talent on the Rams. Jackson is a huge young stud. Not many of those goalline to goalline backs.

all the backs I listed above him have a track record of being rock solid, the #5 or #6 pick is not a place to waver from the sure thing. All those who took McGahee last year early ahead of James, Barber are testiment to that. Sure Jackson is a BEAST...but he's never done it before.

I tend to agree Brown will not live up to the hype, but I disagree with your assessment of SJax. I think he'll be much improved this year. Explain to me why you think the Rams will be that bad.

A month ago I had Jordan #5 on my list. He has since fallen to #10. The Raiders, not the Rams, will be really bad this year, and with Brooks back there I wouldn't expect Jordan to get as many receptions. James is a risk this year with that o-line in Arizona, but I think he has the talent and pass catching ability to overcome that. I have him just below Jackson, but I keep changing my mind when it comes to those two.

Here's how I see it:

LJ

Alexander

Tomlinson

Barber

SJax

Edge

Brown

Portis (because of injury)

Rudi

Jordan

C Williams

You take the safe rout (Rudi) while others are looking to really hit a home run with their pick. Sometimes fantasy football is all about projecting to the next season.

Things change. McGahee's downfall should have been seen in their poor Oline and lack of a QB.

So using your logic, anyone who picked Lamont Jordan in the first round must have been out of their mind last year cause he wasn't proven to be able to take feature back carries in the NFL, not even close to tell you the truth as he was a total career backup. Yet this year he is proven (yeah besides missing the last 2 weeks of the season due to injury)

Rudi is consistent, if you are conservative, go with him. It's not a bad pick. But I don't think you will see an increase in production from him over last season. Especially with their brutal schedule. Jordan has a lot of question marks with new coaches.

Here's how I see it:

LJ

Alexander

Tomlinson

Barber

SJax

Edge

Brown

Rudi

Jordan

C Williams

Edge is too high, can't run behind what ain't blocked. Brown is too high, he's never done it before. Rudi is too low, guy is money for yrds and a few TD's. Here's mine

LJ

Tomlinson

Alexander

Barber

Rudi

SJax

C Williams

Brown

Edge

Jordan

You people are crazy!! Jackson and Brown at #5 and 6. I've got 3 Rb's, all with ??s of their own, ranked ahead of them. They should be 8 and 9.

:pointstosky:

there is no way S.Jackson and R.Brown should be ranked as high as they are. James and Jordan, maybe even Rudi are all going to score more points than Jackson, and especially Brown. For some reason on this board, people have been pumping up Jackson. STL is going to be a BAD team this year. Brown has never played a full season, not even in college, and will not be able to handle the grind. James and Jordan at least have proven they can do it , and Jordan put up the #s on a bad team last year.

The rankings should be

Tomlinson

Alexander

Johnson

Barber

James

Jordan

R Johnson

Jackson

Brown

judging by this post.....It Looks like I missed a Rams vs Dolphins PRE-SEASOn Game tonight... guess they both did bad so I guess it's time for everyone to change their opinion once again.... get real... Oh no it was miami vs Carolina so Ronnie had a bad game and this guy who started the post has a rival in a Dynasy draft that has Stephen Jackson.... It all makes sense now..

Are you gonna go Rudi in PPR?

I am totally torn, but am thinking about it (picking 7th)... not sure what to expect from Edge or Jordan...they can both be busts, but with Rudi I think we know what to expect... totally racking my brain though. I'm hoping between now and Saturday, it will become clear.

I dont agree with ranking Tiki Barber #4.

I'm sorry, but Given his age, and the workload he had last year, I just dont think hes capable of duplicating the amazing season he has last year. I'd say that last season is going down in history as his best season of his career. Also, My feeling is that the passing game will develop further, and he wont get as many touches. I also think he will get some goal line carries taken from him this year. (the biggest reason for my downgrading him... less TD's)

I also think you rank Edge too high. I would lower him. Not due to talent, but due to playing on a weaker team with a weaker O-Line. His numbers have to drop from last year even if he gets more carries, I wouldnt count on his numbers getting better. He may be the fourth or fifth best all around back in the NFL, but he will be #10 or 11 in terms of fantasy points due to the team he is on.

I also think Ronnie brown will have a huge year. I'd go on about that, but I've done so on ronnie brown forums for the last month and you guys dont need to hear it again.

I would rank Rudi Johnson #4

Ronnie Brown #5

Stephen Jackson #6

Lamont Jordan #7

Portis #8 (because of injury)

Edge #9

Barber #10

Cadillac #11

However, it is worth noting, I feel that the difference from #6 to #11 is not exceptionally large in terms of production. So if you prefer one over another I wouldnt debate it... I'd just take the player I like best. (sometimes this is the fun thing about fantasy football)

also, in a keeper league, I would upgrade Cadillac due to his young age and the fact I think he will get better still.

I'm glad my league is filled with "sure bet" guys like you, because that's how I ended up with SJax in the 2nd round :shocking:

Hey Moose, How did u get 3 TOP receivers? Which one did u get in the 5th round? Must be a real strong league you are in.

I'm glad my league is filled with "sure bet" guys like you, because that's how I ended up with SJax in the 2nd round :thumbsdown:

is it also filled with your mom, sister, and little cousin cause your team is sick...

I find it hilarious that you want to knock on Jackson saying the Rams will be bad...and that he has not done much yet...but you advocate Jordan who is in a much worse situation in Oakland and oh...by the way....had a similar year to Jordan las year on fewer carries.