Sign in to follow this  
Cuse9

I'm here to help...ask away.

Here's my team:

QB - P Manning/S McNair

RB - C. Taylor/KJ/Deuce/Maroney/DeAngelo/C. Benson

WR - TO/Anquain/Roy Williams/D. Mason/M. Clayton(Bal)

TE - Heap

My RB situation worries me! TO worries me. I have considered trying to trade TO and possibly Peyton for a legitimate #1 RB. Would you pursue it or wait it out and see if any of the kids come along, or possibly this is the year the KJ turns into Marshall Faulk.

Tell me I'm listening!

hey Cuse cool ure here to answer all day anyhoot heres my team and what im wanting to do

starters

qb- mcnabb

wr- holt, ward, m jones

rb- l jordan, droughns

te- heap

wr/rb- mike bell

k- reed

def- tampa

bench- mark clayton, t williamson, thomas jones, chris brown, j wiggins

i think i have enough depth to trade for donald driver as i love the packers and think he will be huge in my starting line up with holt and ward, what can i offer to get him, ex: mike bell and matt jones for him maybe?

not sure but would like ure input

I would offer him Ward straight up for Driver. Ward has the hamstring injury and it may stick with him all year. The worst thing we owners go through is the dreaded "game time decision"! It looks like Ward may be just that for a while. The only thing you can do for a hamstring is to rest it. Besides, I think Driver will play better than Ward anyway. I'm a huge Ward fan because he is a selfless player on the field, but that doesn't do much for fantasy owners. While he does put up good numbers....they'll never be great because of the offense he's in.

Do not get rid of Bell! He could end up being better than Droughns or Jordan! He is a gamble for sure, but I think you can afford take the gamble because you don't "need" a wr.

I would offer up Thomas Jones, Chris Brown, Hines Ward, Matt Jones......not Bell! He could turn into a beast!

Hi,

I have completely confused myself and am in need of some advice on which player to keep in and auction league. (100m slaary capy 10 team 16 rounds)

Chris Chambers (5m)

DeShawn Foster (3.5m)

Julius Jones (1m)

I think Chambers may be the safest play as a number 2 WO. I have pretty much ruled out JJ because of RBBC. That leaves me with DeHurt Foster. In reality he will probably cost me 15 to 20 million because the other owners will introduce him D Williams) into the draft early and I am sure I will pay top dollar for Williams. I am leaning torwards chambers because of this;

At 5 million he represents a value of at least 10 million, maybe more. I figure he will go 15-20 in the field.

At 3.5 Foster is good but I will pay top dollar for Williams when he comes out early. Probably 10 to 17 million.

The worst case senario with Foster/Williams is RBBC in which I would be screwed. Knowing my luck, I could see this happening much the way it did last year with JJ as my keeper.

With Chambers I have no such problem with RBBC he has looked great in Pre. This would also free up 10 million or so to use to get another RB or even Foster and Williams much later in the draft at around the same price possibly

Any advice would really help

Thanks

RD

Go with your gut on this one. Chambers for sure. He is the #1 aerial threat in an offense that should be productive. He ended last year on fire! As you stated, Foster is hurt alot and you would have to go after Williams and most likely overpay. Julius won't keep the starting job....he gets hurt too much and to be frank, Barber is better!

trade analysis please

Deshawn Foster and Jerious Norwood plus a high pick for

Rudi Johnson and Eric Shelton and a middle pick

I know Shelton is a non-factor and I might just ask for him not to be involved. What is your take?

Here's my team:

QB - P Manning/S McNair

RB - C. Taylor/KJ/Deuce/Maroney/DeAngelo/C. Benson

WR - TO/Anquain/Roy Williams/D. Mason/M. Clayton(Bal)

TE - Heap

My RB situation worries me! TO worries me. I have considered trying to trade TO and possibly Peyton for a legitimate #1 RB. Would you pursue it or wait it out and see if any of the kids come along, or possibly this is the year the KJ turns into Marshall Faulk.

Tell me I'm listening!

No, don't trade Manning. He is the best qb in the league world!

You are set at wr....yes, dump Owens on someone else! I would package Owens and one of (Deuce/Maroney/Williams/Benson) to the owners of the other half of those to try and get a solid rb...a rb ranking between 6-13. I would think the owners of TJones, Bush, Foster, Dillon would like to pair them up and getting Owens sounds good....but do you really think Parcells won't choke him to death by the end of the year!?

I would try to package Owens and one of those rb's....helk, throw out an offer to everyone of those owners and see who gives you the best deal!

Good luck.

trade analysis please

Deshawn Foster and Jerious Norwood plus a high pick for

Rudi Johnson and Eric Shelton and a middle pick

I know Shelton is a non-factor and I might just ask for him not to be involved. What is your take?

It really depends on the picks you are getting/giving.

I would say this:

Team A gets Rudi, Jerious and a 8th rounder.

Team B gets Foster, Shelton and a 3rd rounder....helk the guy getting Foster needs Shelton more than the other owner?!

In this deal Shelton and Norwood are both non-factors. Unless it's a keeper league, Norwood has little value unless Dunn goes down.

Good luck.

Since your there I figured I would ask you my other question I have out there.

I give TO and Bengals def for F. Gore and Da Bears. My other WR's are Anquain/R. Williams/D. Mason. I am also weak at RB - with C. Taylor/KJ/Deuce/Maroney/C. Benson/DeAngelo

What do you think?

It really depends on the picks you are getting/giving.

I would say this:

Team A gets Rudi, Jerious and a 8th rounder.

Team B gets Foster, Shelton and a 3rd rounder....helk the guy getting Foster needs Shelton more than the other owner?!

In this deal Shelton and Norwood are both non-factors. Unless it's a keeper league, Norwood has little value unless Dunn goes down.

Good luck.

Thanks. I should have described my league in that post. We are a keeper league that holds 15 players over and then drafts 5 rounds leaving 5 free agent spots. This changes Norwoods value IMO, and the picks would be probably as you put it.. Team A would get a 3rd rounder. Team B would get a 1st rounder. Both picks will probably be in the later picks of the round. I'm personally team A and really want to team a reliable #1 RB with LT. Thanks in advance for your post.

I passed up chambers for wayne, slightly regretting that now. I'm also worried about the week 7 bye. SJax, Bulger, Gore and TJones will be out. In week 6, Driver and Wayne are out.

I'm hoping to trade away an RB for a backup qb or maybe drop someone for:

Carr

Simms

Kitna

Frye

What do you guys think?

12-team redraft, .5 ppr, 1 qb, 2 rbs, 3 wrs, 1 te, team d

1. (7) S. Jackson

2. (18) B. Westbrook

3. (31) R. Wayne

4. (42) D. Driver

5. (55) M. Bulger

6. (66) L. Evans

7. (79) H. Miller

8. (90) F. Gore

9. (103) T. Jones

10. (114) Mi. Clayton

11. (127) Jacksonville

12. (138) M. Barber

13. (151) G. Jones

14. (162) N. Kaeding

15. (175) R. White

Since your there I figured I would ask you my other question I have out there.

I give TO and Bengals def for F. Gore and Da Bears. My other WR's are Anquain/R. Williams/D. Mason. I am also weak at RB - with C. Taylor/KJ/Deuce/Maroney/C. Benson/DeAngelo

What do you think?

You get rid of Headache Owens and a very opportunistic defense (which sucks) and you get Da Bears top flight defense (better than the Bengals) and Gore....I would try and hold off and see if you can get a better deal. I really like Gore. He has ALOT going for him:

Gore:

He's from Miami....McGahee, Portis, James....the school kicks out great backs.

He has Norv Turner who produced St. Davis, Emmitt, Tomlinson, Jordan (last year)..the guy is incredible!

Better weapons this year...Bryant, Davis.

They traded Barlow....noway do they do this if they don't think Gore is the man.

Everything has upside written all over Gore....but it may not happen this year, but it will happen! See if you can get a better rb than that, if you can't I would do this deal, but I think you can get a better one.

I flatout do not trust Owens.....he's buttin' heads with the wrong coach, he will not win this battle and I can see him sitting out another year. Some people just never learn.

Asked earlier but no replies. Thanks in advance for the advice.

R Johnson vs. Steve Jackson - Droughns vs. Westbrook.

Heading in to tomorrows draft with the 5 pick in a 10 team leauge. Shying away from Jackson due the the S. Davis rumors, not yet on the depth chart.

What's your opinion.

Thanks.

I passed up chambers for wayne, slightly regretting that now. I'm also worried about the week 7 bye. SJax, Bulger, Gore and TJones will be out. In week 6, Driver and Wayne are out.

I'm hoping to trade away an RB for a backup qb or maybe drop someone for:

Carr

Simms

Kitna

Frye

What do you guys think?

12-team redraft, .5 ppr, 1 qb, 2 rbs, 3 wrs, 1 te, team d

1. (7) S. Jackson

2. (18) B. Westbrook

3. (31) R. Wayne

4. (42) D. Driver

5. (55) M. Bulger

6. (66) L. Evans

7. (79) H. Miller

8. (90) F. Gore

9. (103) T. Jones

10. (114) Mi. Clayton

11. (127) Jacksonville

12. (138) M. Barber

13. (151) G. Jones

14. (162) N. Kaeding

15. (175) R. White

Are you kidding? Regretting taking the second option (Wayne) in an offense that will score 30+ points per game?! I really like Chambers, but not as much as Wayne. Wayne is going to put up monster numbers this year. I wouldn't be surprized if he and Marvin combine for the most yards and TD's for a wr tandem in NFL history for a single season!!

Your team is great! Hold off on trading anyone. You've got three great wr's. Wayne, Driver and Evans...great years for all of them. RB's...Jackson, Westy, Gore, Jones, Barber.....I'm driving the Barber bandwagon bus. The kid looked great last year and it's continued into this year. Julius has better big game potential but for week in and week out production....Barber looks to be a legit NFL back.

I think you can squeak by those buy weeks and be fine. Look at it like this. Two weeks you will be a little short, but EVERY other week you are almost at full go.

I really don't think you need to do anything with that team.....Roddy White...can you drop him and find a ww qb? You definitly need another qb. Not only for bye weeks, but Bulger is injury prone, but Linehan promised protection for Bulger, which should really help.

I say drop White and find a ww qb.....you should be fine!

Would you do this:

give up:

Palmer

Fred Taylor

Drew Bennett

E. Wilford

Get:

Chad Johnson

LenDale White

Mark Brunell

Deion Branch

Bulger would be my starting RB.

Asked earlier but no replies. Thanks in advance for the advice.

R Johnson vs. Steve Jackson - Droughns vs. Westbrook.

Heading in to tomorrows draft with the 5 pick in a 10 team leauge. Shying away from Jackson due the the S. Davis rumors, not yet on the depth chart.

What's your opinion.

Thanks.

I agree with the Davis rumor. If Davis goes to the Rams, good chance he will take TD's. Rudi is very consistant. I think with your first pick you have to go with a safe bet. Rudi is a safe bet to go for over 1400 yd and get 10+ TD's. Jackson is a good bet to do the same, but not quite as safe!

I would take Rudi Johnson.

Droughns or Westbrook: Westy is talented and very good for that offense. Problem is, he is used alot and his body can't handle it. He gets hurt too much. Droughns on the other hand played all 16 games last year and puts up solid numbers. He needs to find the endzone more than twice, but with Kellen, Braylon and Joe, I'm certain that won't be a problem.

I'd take Droughns in this one, but only due to Westy's injury history.

thank for the help!

which of these backup QBs should i pickup for Roddy White?

Carr

Simms

Kitna

Frye

I like Simms with that group. He is the uncontested starter and Gruden knows how to mold a quarterback. He is on his way up and a healthy Clayton should really give the offense a boost.

Frye is a year away from having fantasy value....Carr, give Kubiak a year or two with the offense and they will compete, Kitna, great upside for this year, but there is no guarantee that he can keep the job.

Which QB? I can't decide if I should keep Brees. I also have Delhomme.

Others: Kitna, Rivers, Volek, Simms, Carr and Vick

I tend to think Rivers for his upside but 1st year worries me.

Would you do this:

give up:

Palmer

Fred Taylor

Drew Bennett

E. Wilford

Get:

Chad Johnson

LenDale White

Mark Brunell

Deion Branch

Bulger would be my starting RB.

Breakdown:

Palmer for Brunell.....Palmer in a landslide!

Taylor for Whtie........Taylor in a landslide

Bennett for Branch....this one is close....but I'll take Bennett with Volek at qb and the problems with Branch's contract in NE. He won't go anywhere though....the Pats want a first rd pick and Branch wants alot of money, which he won't get.

CJ for Wilford......CJ

I love CJ. But I think you lose too much to get him. Bulger is great, but Palmer is better. Branch may not play for awhile....White might not play all year and I'm not sold Brunell can do it again.

Keep what you have...it's better than what you get back!!

Which QB? I can't decide if I should keep Brees. I also have Delhomme.

Others: Kitna, Rivers, Volek, Simms, Carr and Vick

I tend to think Rivers for his upside but 1st year worries me.

I don't believe in Brees yet, but he has a great cast around him. Bush, McAllister, Horn, Stallworth, Hilton...it's hard to imagine him not having a good year...IF he is fully healthy.

I think if you have Delhomme you can afford to sit on Brees and see how he performs. I do like Simms and Rivers upside, but not as much as Brees. Especially since Brees is your #2....he could be stellar this year with all those weapons. The only thing I don't like is Payton is the coach and he's from the Parcells staff and Parcells has never been a big passing offense, but Belicheck has done quite well with Brady, so you never know.

Keep Brees to back up Delhomme and see what happens...he has great upside....potential to be better than last year!!

First off..."gobuckeyes".....Ohio State is gonna go undefeated and win the Natl' Championship and Troy Smith is gonna win the Heisman. I'm a Nebraska fan, so I'm not a Buckeye homer!

As for you question.

how often should I make roster changes and for what reasons? The season dictates that. If you are winning and all your positions are doing well....you don't need to do anything. But, no matter how good you're doing....always watch the waiver wire. You never know when someone is gonna give up on a great player after a few bad weeks. You always want upgrade your team. So if you can make your last wr better....do it. You never know when you may need them, so it's good to always try and make all your roster spots better.

Who should I start? Well, always start LT....no matter the match up. Live by this: Stars are stars...because their stars!! I mean LT will put up great stats vs the 49ers....then do the same thing vs the Steelers. That's what makes him great. For the next three....you have to feel them out.

I would go with Parker to begin the season. He is the feature back on a team that is run first. His TD numbers will certainly be up this year....I believe he's been given goal line duties...which is huge for his value.

Bell has more upside than any rb in the league. He's the starter for the best running team in football. If he is the starter on opening day we're looking at some great numbers. Tatum will steal some of his carries, but none the less...Mike should produce bigtime.

T. Jones.....Not a big fan. They don't want Benson on the bench....I think they are just waiting for him to kick in and take that job. TJ did well last year, but he didn't do much that last 10 games he had 3 TD's and 1 one hundred yard game.

Start Parker and keep a close eye on Bell to see how he's doing and how many carries he's losing to Tatum. Jones is a nice insurance rb as long as he keeps the job.

If this is your first year...I wouldn't worry about trading too much, get a feel for the league. That is the best way to win at ff is to know your league and each owners tendancies!

Good luck.

You got to keep both. Brown looked like crap last night, but I put no stock in pre-season games. He is in a perfect situation. I see no reason why he can't put up top ten numbers this year. But make no mistake, he's no guarentee to do that!

Bush is STUD in the making! The knock on him is he can't carry the ball 20+ times a game. He did it twice last year at USC....went for over 250 yds each time!! Of course USC isn't the NFL, but all he needs to do is put on about 15 lbs of muscle and he'll be fine. If you have unlimited years for keepers he's the biggest no brainer keeper there is! He may not be great this year, but he is the best bet to be a star in this league that I have seen in a long time.

Good luck.

cuse9, excellent advise. i see only 1 flaw in your post. i to, living in omaha, am a nebraska fan. however, ND goes all the way. charlie will see to that.

hey cuse,

please check out my question involving strategy for my last 2 picks... thinking about NOT drafting K and D.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=224133

Take Seattle Defense!!

Other than that, what does your team look like? Do you need another rb? If you are sitting good at everything don't worry about it....take a kicker. However if you have question marks, then it might not be a bad idea to grab Jones/Benson.

I would take Seattle, Washington or Denver for my defense and then take a kicker if I was you. Reason is the salary for ww pick ups. Don't waste money that you don't have to....you never know when you may really need it!! Save is for time(s) that you need it.

cuse9, excellent advise. i see only 1 flaw in your post. i to, living in omaha, am a nebraska fan. however, ND goes all the way. charlie will see to that.

I don't see it. They can't beat a team with a winning record! The only team they beat last year with a winning record was Navy! They lost to every team with a winning record (Michigan ended up with a winning record, but they were under .500 when they played ND).

They are definitly back, don't get me wrong and when Jimmy Clausen comes in next year...LOOK OUT!! They might not lose for three years in a row!

Ohio State is gonna score ALOT of points this year....if you can't score with them, then you will be in deeep trouble. The naysayers will say they lost too much on defense....but it's Ohio St., they don't rebuild....they reload.

I don't believe in Brees yet, but he has a great cast around him. Bush, McAllister, Horn, Stallworth, Hilton...it's hard to imagine him not having a good year...IF he is fully healthy.

I think if you have Delhomme you can afford to sit on Brees and see how he performs. I do like Simms and Rivers upside, but not as much as Brees. Especially since Brees is your #2....he could be stellar this year with all those weapons. The only thing I don't like is Payton is the coach and he's from the Parcells staff and Parcells has never been a big passing offense, but Belicheck has done quite well with Brady, so you never know.

Keep Brees to back up Delhomme and see what happens...he has great upside....potential to be better than last year!!

Thanks, I've been leaning towards keeping Brees, but, as said Rivers, is tempting...I'll watch him and Simms seems to get a lot of attention too.

I've got two live drafts this weekend.

what are your thoughts on:

S.Jackson's tendenitis in the heel?

C.Portis's shoulder?

T.O. : will he blow up again?

Carson: is he worth a 2nd or third rd. pick?

Thanks

Oh this is just too fun not to ask something. This is my first time Fantasy Football'n and listed in my signature is my draft. I'm curious how you break it down. You'll see that I picked up Wayne in a trade. I gave up Westbrook and Antonio Bryant for him. Also, should I start Dunn or Mike Bell at RB number 2?

Thanks!

I am in a keeper league and have my draft coming up on Sunday. We used to have 8 guys and one left so now we have 7. The guy that left had Shawn Alexander and T.O. among his players so they will be out there for picks. Plus the guy who finished last already said he is not keeping anyone. We can each keep up 6 players. The more you keep, the later you get to draft. Each week we play one player at QB,RB,TE,WR,K and 4 defense players.

I have:

QB Palmer and Roethlisberger.

RB Edge James and Cadillac Williams

WR Steve Smith and TJ Housmansana

TE Tony Gonzalez and Ben Watson

Kicker Neil Rakers

Defense Zach Thomas, Tillman and Briggs from Chicago, Quarles from TB and Morrison from Oakland.

Definately going to keep Palmer and Smith. Any thoughts suggestions or hints would be greatly appreciated. We also dont go by points in the league either. It is a sum total of stats. I.E. Catches, yards, TD's. RB receptions are huge in my league.

Thanks in advance

I've got two live drafts this weekend.

what are your thoughts on:

S.Jackson's tendenitis in the heel?

C.Portis's shoulder?

T.O. : will he blow up again?

Carson: is he worth a 2nd or third rd. pick?

Thanks

Jackson is a concern with the possible signing of S. Davis. Jackson did run at full speed today so he seems to be okay. I think he'll be fine, but I haven't heard a whole lot about his situation. As of now, I would still draft him in his 5-10 spot in the draft.

Portis. Draft with the knowledge knowing that is it very possible that he could go down again! From what all I've seen it is easy for the shoulder to pop out again. If you are going to take Portis I highley would suggest taking a third rb....sooner than you normally would.

Owens...of course he'll blow up! It's Owens world and the world owes him. The guy just don't get it. His ego only inflated after last year. Parcells is yet to say his name....that tells us something right there. I'd stay away at all costs.

Palmer is worth a secnod rounder.....pending on who else is there and how big your league is. I would go after a top 10 back or wr before I would take Palmer. I think his knee will be fine, I just don't think qb's are as valuable as the wr and rb spot.

[QB1] E.Manning - D.Bledsoe

[RB2] C.Williams - M.Bell (FA) - W.Dunn - TJ Duckett - V. Morency (FA) - J.Norwood (FA)

[WR2] R.Moss - R.Wayne (Trade) - Andre Johnson - E.Wilford

[TE1] Dallas Clark

[K1] D.Akers

[DEF1] Eagles - Falcons

Well, you want to start Warrick Dunn. Bell has mad potential as the Denver, but I'd rather go with Dunn since we know what he can do. Bell will most likely become a starter eventually....but let's wait and see what happens in the regular season. You don't want to start him in week one. Let's wait and see if fumbles, can't get the job done....who knows, I'd rather see him a few games before starting him.

Your team looks good. all around.

As I've mentioned...Eli is poised for his best season yet. Bledsoe needs Owens to be a star fantasy qb.

Caddy is great...mad skills. Duckett is a wash this season. The trade happened to late, so I don't think his value will be to great (trade him to the Portis owner). Morency is a nice pick up. DD doesn't seem to be getting any better, so Morency cold nail that job down.....and if they win with him in, he may just hold the job.

I like Randy to have a big year like he always does....this year no injury will mean 1400+ yds and 10+ TD's again. Wayne is a guy who is getting close to taking over for Marvin....just like Holt surpassed Bruce....eventually Wayne will pass Marvin. Once Wayne does he may be the #1 fantasy wr. AJ has all the talent....will he use it? Wilford is in a great spot.

I don't like Dallas Clark. He'll have 100 yards one week....then nothing the next two weeks! I would find another TE.

Not a fan of the Eagles D this year. They play Wash, NYG, Dall twice...that is six games where they are likely to give up 30+ points! Falcons are decent....Hall is in the Deion Sanders mold of db's....dominates!

Good job and good luck

I am in a keeper league and have my draft coming up on Sunday. We used to have 8 guys and one left so now we have 7. The guy that left had Shawn Alexander and T.O. among his players so they will be out there for picks. Plus the guy who finished last already said he is not keeping anyone. We can each keep up 6 players. The more you keep, the later you get to draft. Each week we play one player at QB,RB,TE,WR,K and 4 defense players.

I have:

QB Palmer and Roethlisberger.

RB Edge James and Cadillac Williams

WR Steve Smith and TJ Housmansana

TE Tony Gonzalez and Ben Watson

Kicker Neil Rakers

Defense Zach Thomas, Tillman and Briggs from Chicago, Quarles from TB and Morrison from Oakland.

Definately going to keep Palmer and Smith. Any thoughts suggestions or hints would be greatly appreciated. We also dont go by points in the league either. It is a sum total of stats. I.E. Catches, yards, TD's. RB receptions are huge in my league.

Thanks in advance

I'm not knocking your league, but how can you be in a league with only seven owners? I understand it's fun and that's what this is all about, but with seven teams it doesn't seem like you have as much fun. You guys should try and add three guys to make the league more competitive.

As for the players, it's hard to say what to do with so little of owners. I think all teams will stacked. The things I would do is stay away from Owens for one. I would keep Edge and Caddy as well as Palmer and Smith.....I think those four are pretty good keepers.

Good luck.

Hey, any advice on my team. I am in a 10 team keeper league, we use an auction style draft.

QB - Bulger, Delhomme and Brees ( I know...one too many, but they were all ridiculously undervalued)

RB - Cadillac Williams, L.Jordan, A.Green & D.McAllister

WR - M.Harrison. H.Ward, J.Walker, T.Williamson & K.Curtis

TE - J.Witten, V.Davis

K - J.Kasey

D - Cincy

I tried like heck to get DeAngelo Williams, but lost out to a guy who selected him as his 8th RB!!!

Any suggestions? I was thinking of dropping one of the QB's (Brees) and going after another player....

[i'm not knocking your league, but how can you be in a league with only seven owners? I understand it's fun and that's what this is all about, but with seven teams it doesn't seem like you have as much fun. You guys should try and add three guys to make the league more competitive.

As for the players, it's hard to say what to do with so little of owners. I think all teams will stacked. The things I would do is stay away from Owens for one. I would keep Edge and Caddy as well as Palmer and Smith.....I think those four are pretty good keepers.

Good luck.

Thanks for the input. I know it is a small league, but we have all been friends for years, this is the leagues 10th year, we meet every Monday night, go over our stats, check for discrepencies, pick up players, trade players. We have a bidding system starting at a dollar for picking up free agents. During all this we eat, toss a few back and end up watching the Monday night game or playing poker. Out of the 7, about 5 of us are really serious. We have had up ten at one time. All the money we pool(one guy is the treasurer) and we go out at the end of the year. On the line for winning. Nothing but bragging rights. And its a topic that is brought up all the time throughout the year. A week didnt go buy over the summer when I wasnt thrown a jab about Palmer being done. Anyways good luck in your league and thanks again for the input :banana:

HELP!!!

Just finished my draft.. want a little insight...

1.04 Peyton Manning

2.07 Joseph Addai

3.04 Antonio Gates

4.07 Darrell Jackson

5.04 Chester Taylor

6.07 Eddie Kennison

7.04 Rod Smith

8.07 Jake Plummer

9.04 Bears Defense

10.07 Jason Elam

11.04 Donte Stallworth

12.07 Brett Favre

13.04 Cedric Houston

14.07 Mushin Muhammad

15.04 Keyshawn Johnson

16.07 Mike Anderson

Not a great draft, but I am still in learning mode. Any ideas on a different strategy for next year or who should be on my hot seat to trade while there is still value?

:banana:

Keepers were just declared for my league (12 teams) and those that did not declare the maximum of 3 keepers get draft picks instead. Here is a list of keepers and blank spaces represent a pick. The list also shows draft order. This follows a snake format starting round 1. The player in (parenthesis) just shows a mandatory keeper that each team had to declare and represents no round.

(Brady)-

(Tiki)-Lamont, CJ

(McGahee)-Caddy, Fitz

(SJax)-Lewis, PManning

(Gates)-

(Steve Smith)-

(Edge)-

(Ronnie Brown)- Chester Taylor, Westy

(LT2)-Boldin

(Foster)-Portis,

(LJ)-Rudi,

(Shaun A)-Droughns, Holt

Now begins Round 3 when all teams draft!

So my question: I am Team #2 (Tiki, Lamont, and CJ as my keepers). Therefore I have the #2 pick (3.2) and #23 pick (4.10)...... once everyone starts drafting. In analyzing this, most folks will take RB, which may leave me Addai at the best. So, is it best to consider a quality WR at 3.2 and sacrifice a RB as my flex or go RB? Also, when (what round) can I hope to get Palmer to pair with Johnson? Generally, what would be a good strategy to consider with the following factors?

My league's details: start QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, RB/WR, TE, K, DST. PPR and points for every offensive category (2pts = each rush yard, 1 pt=each passing yard, 2 pt=each rec yard ).

Thanks a lot!!

Hey, any advice on my team. I am in a 10 team keeper league, we use an auction style draft.

QB - Bulger, Delhomme and Brees ( I know...one too many, but they were all ridiculously undervalued)

RB - Cadillac Williams, L.Jordan, A.Green & D.McAllister

WR - M.Harrison. H.Ward, J.Walker, T.Williamson & K.Curtis

TE - J.Witten, V.Davis

K - J.Kasey

D - Cincy

I tried like heck to get DeAngelo Williams, but lost out to a guy who selected him as his 8th RB!!!

Any suggestions? I was thinking of dropping one of the QB's (Brees) and going after another player....

My advice to you is to write a book on "how to draft an auction team that will kick butt".

That is a great balanced team! I would agree....you can drop Brees and pick up another player. Your wr's look pretty good. Ward concerns me with his hamstring, but the other four I like....Harrison, Walker will be back, Williamson has tremendous upside this year and Curtis is a good one to sit on and see what happens.

Your depth at rb is thin. Ahman hasn't been able to stay healthy for two years now, so he's big question mark. I think Deuce will be fine, I just don't know what his role will be. Caddy and Jordan are solid. I would try and find a way to get a solid starter at rb.....I don't even care who it would be, as long as it was a guy you know you can count on to make it through the season! If there is no one there, I wouldn't worry about it too much....if you have to roll the dice with your rb's it's not a bad foursome to do it with.

Great job.....good luck.

HELP!!!

Just finished my draft.. want a little insight...

1.04 Peyton Manning

2.07 Joseph Addai

3.04 Antonio Gates

4.07 Darrell Jackson

5.04 Chester Taylor

6.07 Eddie Kennison

7.04 Rod Smith

8.07 Jake Plummer

9.04 Bears Defense

10.07 Jason Elam

11.04 Donte Stallworth

12.07 Brett Favre

13.04 Cedric Houston

14.07 Mushin Muhammad

15.04 Keyshawn Johnson

16.07 Mike Anderson

Not a great draft, but I am still in learning mode. Any ideas on a different strategy for next year or who should be on my hot seat to trade while there is still value?

:lol:

Fisrt thing that sticks out is Addai! Second round....too early. I know you could have gotten a better proven starter with that pick. Pre season don't mean squat, but Addai has looked horrible. With your first couple picks you should always go after proven players. I would understand taking Addai if he looked good and was the clear cut starter, but he's not. Chester has alot of potential this year....I like him. Houston is most likely gonna be third string. Yor are in serious trouble at running back.

Manning is top notch.....Plummer and Favre are up and down, hopefully the week Peyton is off, one of them step for you.

DJax....knee is scary, Kennison gets lots of yards, but not many TD's. Rod is consistant....not sure how much Walker will cut into his catches and yards. Donte has alot to be excited about this year.

Your mistake was at rb. You took an unproven rookie too early. Then you compounded the problem by waiting too long to take your other backs. The reason everyone talks about taking backs with their first two picks or two of their first three picks isn't because rb's are that good.....it's because there that scarce! If you go four rounds and take one rb.....you will be hoping a guy goes down and you can find one on the ww.

I would trade Manning and get a rb. I don't like the idea of it, but this is the only way you are going be able to compete this year. Plummer or Favre can get the job done.....but Chester and Addai....prolly can't. If you don't trade Peyton....you'll have to wait, watch and pray that Addai steps up and gets the job done!!

Good luck

Keepers were just declared for my league (12 teams) and those that did not declare the maximum of 3 keepers get draft picks instead. Here is a list of keepers and blank spaces represent a pick. The list also shows draft order. This follows a snake format starting round 1. The player in (parenthesis) just shows a mandatory keeper that each team had to declare and represents no round.

(Brady)-

(Tiki)-Lamont, CJ

(McGahee)-Caddy, Fitz

(SJax)-Lewis, PManning

(Gates)-

(Steve Smith)-

(Edge)-

(Ronnie Brown)- Chester Taylor, Westy

(LT2)-Boldin

(Foster)-Portis,

(LJ)-Rudi,

(Shaun A)-Droughns, Holt

Now begins Round 3 when all teams draft!

So my question: I am Team #2 (Tiki, Lamont, and CJ as my keepers). Therefore I have the #2 pick (3.2) and #23 pick (4.10)...... once everyone starts drafting. In analyzing this, most folks will take RB, which may leave me Addai at the best. So, is it best to consider a quality WR at 3.2 and sacrifice a RB as my flex or go RB? Also, when (what round) can I hope to get Palmer to pair with Johnson? Generally, what would be a good strategy to consider with the following factors?

My league's details: start QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, RB/WR, TE, K, DST. PPR and points for every offensive category (2pts = each rush yard, 1 pt=each passing yard, 2 pt=each rec yard ).

Thanks a lot!!

Since you start a wr/rb....then with your third round pick you take the best available rb or wr. It doesn't matter. You want the best player. Don't take a great wr, when you can get a rb that will outproduce that wr.

As for Palmer.....this comes to knowing your league. In my league he is a guy that would go about the 4th/5th round. But it's a fourteen team league and I live in Ohio, so Palmer's name is pretty big around here.

I draft by the rule that you get your starters drafted first....you already have three....then you pick your wr/rb.....next round I would think Palmer is reasonable. I think Palmer is gonna be great this year, I have no concerns about his knee. If he was a running back, I'd be scared.....but Palmer will be fine.

Good luck.

QB - MCNABB, PLUMMER

RB - CADDY, PORTIS, K. JONES, GORE, DUCKETT, DAYNE, M. MOORE

WR - HARRISON, D. JACKSON, GALLOWAY, STALLWORTH, K. ROBINSON

TE - HEAP

DEF - CAROLINA

K - J. REED

QB's:

McNabb was a top tier fantasy qb without Owens, so now he is without any proven weapons and a hobbled Westy...have no fear. If McNabb can avoid injury he improvises better than any qb in the league and you have a great qb.

Plummer is pretty solid....a good bye week qb at the least.

RB's:

Caddy is my breakout candidate of the year. He does it all...complete package. Portis is a top four back before the injury....if he stays healthy, you got the steal of the draft....but man is that scary!

Gore & Jones are backs that has a very bright future. I think as the season goes on they will get better and better....great guys to hang onto and see what happens. If Portis does go down, Gore and Jones could be very valuable and come through for you. Jones does have a bit of problem staying healthy though. Duckett is good insurance for Portis. Moore is a shot in the dark, but for your fifth rb....a gamble well worth it.

Drop Dayne. He is now fourth on the depth chart behind Bell, Bell, and Cobb. He has little to no value. Pick up Pittman...Hicks....or a rookie like Norwood or Harrison.

WR's:

Drop Koren suspended for the year. Pick up Travis Taylor....he's taking his spot, could be a good pick with the veteran Brad Johnson at the wheel. Marvin is Marvin...great pick. Galloway prolly won't be as good as last year, but none the less should put up respectable numbers. I really like Stallworth this year as well. With all the weapons....I expect alot of deep routes to be open for Donte....1000 yard season is on it's way....finallY!

D-Jax....don't like the entire situation surrounding him. Already known for injuries...now he has this degenerative knee thing....I would immeiatly trade him for something if you can.

Great TE and Carolina is my #1 ranked D.....so I really like both of those! All kickers suck...so who cares...Reed, Vanderjagt, whoever!?

Overall I like your team. The one thing I would do is try and package D-Jax and K. Jones to try and upgrade your wr's. With Koren out and D-Jax in injury trouble, you'll need another consistant wr and I think you have the rb depth to make something happen.

Good job.....good luck!!

Well, my draft is two days away and I am completely ready....I'm busting at the seams with football knowledge. So I am here today to try and help answer any and all questions pertaining to this years player outlooks/who to draft/anything that goes along with the greatest armchair sport in the world.

Ask away!

Thinking about picking up Troy Williamson who is a FA.

However, would have to drop either Joe Jurevicius, Donte Stallworth, Reggie Wayne, or Santana Moss.

I think Jurevicius is the only option. Good idea?????

I just got a message from Cuse9. He's in a softball tourny the rest of the afternoon, so he passed the torch to me for the time being. So I'll give these last few a shot.....

Thinking about picking up Troy Williamson who is a FA.

However, would have to drop either Joe Jurevicius, Donte Stallworth, Reggie Wayne, or Santana Moss.

I think Jurevicius is the only option. Good idea?????

Of those four, its clearly between Jurevicius and Stallworth. Stallworth is a quick jumper that gets YAC and he's on a team whose offense has been almost completely overhauled this off season. BUT...Stallworth he's the deep threat on NOs offense and Brees is coming off a shoulder surgury that could affect the long ball. In the overall passing game, Stallworth is generally the #2 option behind Horn and if Bush is lining up in the slot his looks may wane even more.

Jurevicius is on a mediocre team in a tough division playing 6 games against the Steelers, Cinci, and Baltimore defenses. I do think that Cleveland is on the rise, but it's a slow rise at best. As Charlie Frye develops, it's more likely that Winslow and Edwards are going to get the most looks in spite of Jurevicius' #1 status.

I think that if you chose to cut either one of these two, Williamson would be viable substitute. If you're already leaning toward swapping Jurevicius, I'd say go for it. Williamson is a speedy up-and-comer on a revamped offense with an improved line and running game. As the season approaches, I'd feel more comfortable having added potential over possible let downs.

Please check this one out!

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=224761

I'm thinking of retaining Brain Westbrook (who would cost me a 2nd round pick), Warrick Dunn (5th rounder) or the Bears D/ST (16th round), but I can only keep 2 of them. Other players I've considered are Aaron Brooks (7th Round), Randy McMichael (9), and Terry Glenn (16).

I would keep Warrick Dunn for a 5th rounder. You're not going to get any value greater than him in that round and with him being the sole man in ATL, his stock is definatly on the rise. Westbrook is almost terminally injury prone, even in this preseason, and has Buckhalter eagerly waiting to step in. At the cost of a 2nd rounder, I would probably pass on Westbrook simply because it's possible that you could pick him up during the draft anyway.

Keeping the Bears defense may get a few chuckles from the gallery, but is also a worthwhile save. You'll get the top ranked defense at a cost of a last rounder. You have to see this as value...although....Terry Glenn is clearly going to be on the rise the next few weeks in Dallas and will likely be drafted with the 2nd tier WRs (and still be a value). My opinion on TO is that the situation is a LOT more out of hand than even last years debacle in Philly because Parcells does a better job of keeping his lip shut than Andy Reid last year.

I wanted you to give me some feedback on my draft.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=224627

QB

J.Plummer(9th)/B.Farve(13th)

RB

S.Jackson(3rd keeper)/C.Williams(4th keeper)/W.Parker(1st)/T.Jones(5th)/D.Staley(10th)G.Jones(12th)

WR

R.Williams(2nd)/M.Muhammad(6th)/M.Jones(7th)/D.Bennett(11th)

K

J.Feeley(14th)

D/ST

CHI(8th)

Your RB situation is stable. I think you may run into problems with TJones and DStaley as the season progresses, but your depth otherwise should accommodate any playing time deficiencies they may encounter. At WR, I hope that RWilliams is short for Roy and not Reggie otherwise you are in trouble. Roy Williams should be in line for a good year in the Martz pass-first-ask-questions-later offense. Matt Jones is a solid #2 and Drew Bennett has been looking well in Tennessee. I'm not big on any WRs out of Chicago, but if Greise or Grossman do come alive this year, Moose will be a major target.

I know that Cuse is a Broncos fan (don't hold that against him) so as far as Plummer goes, he'd probably advise against it. I, however, think Plummer should do well with the improvements to the WR core and the continued dominance in the running game (I'm a Chiefs fan, so take it with a grain of salt). Favre needs to hope that his line holds together long enough for him to get the ball downfield. He's still a top QB, but he's on a struggling offense. Worthy of a #2 spot on any FF team.

Normally kickers don't get much love, but I like the Feely pick. Kickers come and go every season, so the Rackers hype is way overblown. Check out the stats on Feely and you'll see that he was the #2 scorer in the league last year, just behind Shaun Alexander. He was 35/42 FG and 43/43 XP. Rackers was 40/42 FG but only 20/20 XP. NYG will continue to score TDs and have strong drives within FG range. Feely's numbers should remain pretty consistent this year, whereas Rackers will likely see a dip in FG and an increase in XP.

Hope this helps all of you. I'll be around for a few more hours and will gladly field your questions while Cuse is gone.

In a PPR league that favors yardage more than other leagues (1 td 6pts, 5 yds rush/pass 1 pt, 1 rec .25 pts) who do you pick, Portis, C. Williams, or Jordan?

In a PPR league that favors yardage more than other leagues (1 td 6pts, 5 yds rush/pass 1 pt, 1 rec .25 pts) who do you pick, Portis, C. Williams, or Jordan?

After the injury, Portis has got to slide. If you go out to the main board, you'll see guys asking "should I take Portis in the 3rd round??"...which is a bit much. But they tend to overreact to everything out there. I'd say he slides to late-top 10.

Williams doesn't catch a lot of passes in Tampa and Gruden is likely to bury him again this year. I'm not a big Lamont fan, but in a PPR he's the best choice. The QB situation in Oakland kind of scares me, but he's a reliable receiver and will be in a good position to rush for another 1000 yds.