Sign in to follow this  
My Negro!

****TO misses team meeting and rehab****

By JEAN-JACQUES TAYLOR / The Dallas Morning News

IRVING – Cracks are starting to become more evident in the relationship between Terrell Owens and the Cowboys.

Now, the Cowboys have to ensure those cracks don't create a fissure that can't be repaired.

Terrell Owens, who has missed 19 of 31 practices since the start of training camp with a strained left hamstring, missed a team meeting and a rehabilitation session and was late to an offensive meeting Friday.

"That's our club business. That's going to be accounted for," owner Jerry Jones said at halftime of Saturday's 17-7 win over San Francisco.

Owens was fined $9,500.

When asked if there was any problem between Owens and the club, Jones said, "We're going to be fine."

Several sources said Owens has been fined for being late to multiple rehabilitation sessions.

Owens could not be reached for comment. He did not attend the game, which is not unusual for injured players in the preseason because coach Bill Parcells doesn't like players who aren't playing to be on the sideline.

The strained hamstring Owens suffered during the first week of training camp could create a conflict between Owens and Parcells. Parcells is a stickler for having players practice.

He believes that because football is a game of repetition, players who don't practice can't thrive because they inevitably make mistakes that cost games. Rare is the player on a Parcells team who plays on Sunday after missing practice Wednesday and Thursday, the two heaviest work days during the regular season.

Twice in the last week, Owens has mentioned that he played well in San Francisco the second half of one season without practicing.

Owens, who returned to practice Aug. 16, managed only five practices before saying he aggravated his hamstring because of too many repetitions in practice. Passing game coordinator and receivers coach Todd Haley is responsible for practice repetitions.

"There's no question our best thing to do is get him well," Jones told Ch. 11 after the game. "I want him out there and would've wanted him to make every practice.

"I understand that, and everyone else does, too. He wants to be out there, too. ... I know this: When he's healthy, he's going to help us win these ballgames."

Since the Cowboys signed him in March to a three-year, $25 million deal, including $10 million in signing bonus and salary this year, Owens has talked about learning from his mistakes and being a better teammate.

Philadelphia suspended and deactivated him for the final nine games of last season before releasing him in March. Less than a week later, he signed with Dallas.

Owens has made an effort to fit in. He met the team's chartered flight when it arrived at Point Mugu for training camp, greeting teammates with hugs and handshakes. He also threw a barbecue for teammates on their first off day of training camp.

Owens' combination of size (6-3, 226 pounds) and speed makes him one of the NFL's most gifted players. His attitude and conflicts with teammates in San Francisco and Philadelphia have made him one of the league's most notorious players.

He can be combustible.

But Jones has said he doesn't think a problem will develop between Owens and Parcells – two strong-willed men who like confrontation – because they will manage their relationship carefully.

Time will tell if the cracks can be fixed.

and his ADP continues to go down :cheers:

i'm really hoping to get LT2, Owens, and maybe moss

oh and keep it up iggles fans, that just makes more threads, i'll bump after every TO TD.

He is such a POS.... <_<

The Cowboys have a legitmate shot with out T.O. With him, they got a disaster waiting to happen. That cancer is already spreading... I hope they cut him... :blink:

His ADP went down in our league draft last night. I got TO in the 3rd behind Holt. :doublethumbsup:

His ADP went down in our league draft last night. I got TO in the 3rd behind Holt. :doublethumbsup:

:headbanger:

I love your team already!

WOW

His ADP went down in our league draft last night. I got TO in the 3rd behind Holt. :headbanger:

I am glad you guys are so excited about getting Owens in the 3rd round. He was pretty sweet in the 7 games he played last year. Root for 8 games this year. :doublethumbsup:

I didn't think that there was a problem beyond the media perception and Parcells just getting tired of answering the same questions. But the comments that TO made about Parcells saying that he wants to see the player on the field before he starts him is just about enough to make this a mess. TO said that if he wants to see him than he has 10 years of film to watch. That right there isn't only disrespectful, it misses the point of seeing him practice before he gets out there. You can't just get in there and run around on the field and expect to have everyone on the same page. Perhaps TO is just trying to stir things up for some reason or he really is that stupid.

I've defended the guy for a long time, but that comment right there is just stupid.

Jerry Jones is an idiot. The sooner he realizes he knows nothing about Football the Cowboys will be better off. Parcells is fine by himself, he doesn't need any outside interference. I really thought the Boys had a legitamate shot this year until Jones got involved. If the Tuna can hold this together and make a run at the SB it will surely be one one the best coaching jobs in recent history.

Name that movie Jerry Jones seems to be doing an impression of...

"All is well, ALL IS WELL!"

Funniest Movie Ever! (except maybe Caddyshack, close call there)....

Animal House

:cry:

I jusr heard on NFL Radio that Tuna is furious with Owens. This is not going to end well.

Give it another week and T.O will being playing the race card. They pick on me on me because I'm black :pointstosky: No they pick on you because you're an ass. White, Black or Latino it doesn't matter! Man I hate this guy!

Jerry Jones = Iraqi Information Minister

...and good gawdammit for him and the Cowboys. What a well deserved "I told ya so" this has been. Jones thought he could get some spotlight and rub one in the face of a divisional rival at the same time. Now the whole organization has yolk on its face. This team could only go as far as how much crap Parcells turns into gold, but the guy can only do so much with the kind of crap T.O. leaves behind. Next year at this time, Parcells will be in the booth for CBS, because he's not gonna perform in Jones' circus anymore.

Congratulations Giants, on your upcoming NFC East Division Championship!

Funniest Movie Ever! (except maybe Caddyshack, close call there)....

Animal House

:ninja:

yes, very close call. and i'd also throw in Stripes. Doesnt get as much love as the other 2, but that is a funny friggin movie.

Every Jerry Jones interview i see, I just cant get that quote out of my head.

Jerry Jones is an idiot. The sooner he realizes he knows nothing about Football the Cowboys will be better off. Parcells is fine by himself, he doesn't need any outside interference. I really thought the Boys had a legitamate shot this year until Jones got involved. If the Tuna can hold this together and make a run at the SB it will surely be one one the best coaching jobs in recent history.

William Parcells got to bring in all his guys for the 1st three years, it was time to try something different as it obviously did not work, and yes TO was the right move and when healthy it will become a fact.

I'm glad Oakland got Moss instead of TO. TO is still an idiot!

pro sports, namely the NFL, are about entertainment not athletisism, and TO is the best entertainer out there. :P

i laugh as you stupid fans cringe and cry at a real life soap opera. :P

yes, very close call. and i'd also throw in Stripes. Doesnt get as much love as the other 2, but that is a funny friggin movie.

Every Jerry Jones interview i see, I just cant get that quote out of my head.

Stripes doesn't really hold up over the long haul, but I've always thought the first 30 minutes are as funny as anything ever committed to film.

God bless TO. I picked him up in the 3rd round of a 14 team re-draft a few days ago and was happy. The way i look at it: I have no choice but to follow this saga (via sports center, here, etc..) so he should probably be on my team. He is hillarious. I'll take his upside over a guy like Fred Taylor anyday of the week. :thumbsdown:

God bless TO. I picked him up in the 3rd round of a 14 team re-draft a few days ago and was happy. The way i look at it: I have no choice but to follow this saga (via sports center, here, etc..) so he should probably be on my team. He is hillarious. I'll take his upside over a guy like Fred Taylor anyday of the week. :thumbsdown:

if i had to chose between owens and fred taylor i'd rather take stomach cancer in the fth round

if i had to chose between owens and fred taylor i'd rather take stomach cancer in the fth round

If you had to choose a type of cancer, honestly, I'd take prostate. I like my odds better than stomach. Different beasts.