Sign in to follow this  
UberAlias

That guy Jacobs really is a beast

it's uselss though cause tiki will be runnin it. He might get 2 carries 10 yds and a td a game...

it's uselss though cause tiki will be runnin it. He might get 2 carries 10 yds and a td a game...

Tiki is too good to pull, but they don't want him carrying it 360 times. I know a lot of people have not been high on Jacobs, but the team is VERY high on him, so you will see more of him this year.

LOL - every year someting like this happens... XYZ is a beast... ya, you're damn righ, if Tiki gets hurt, Brandon may put up some usable stats in the REGULAR season. But if Tiki stays upright, you better hope you are in a TD only league before this kid has any value whatsoever outside of barbers whip'n chain... oopps, I meant hand cuff

Why are you bothering discussing this guy even? Are your running backs going to be that bad that you need to waste a roster spot or even consider it on Brandon Jacobs. If you're just discussing him as a football player, that's cool, but I suggest not wasting even your last round to take him.

LOL - every year someting like this happens... XYZ is a beast... ya, you're damn righ, if Tiki gets hurt, Brandon may put up some usable stats in the REGULAR season. But if Tiki stays upright, you better hope you are in a TD only league before this kid has any value whatsoever outside of barbers whip'n chain... oopps, I meant hand cuff

Of course Jacobs has no value when Tiki is healthy. But you will see him spell Tiki for a series here or there or run out the clock at the end of the game, and he will be a real nice handcuff.

Why are you bothering discussing this guy even? Are your running backs going to be that bad that you need to waste a roster spot or even consider it on Brandon Jacobs. If you're just discussing him as a football player, that's cool, but I suggest not wasting even your last round to take him.

Because many people are in 12 and 14+ team leagues, making Jacobs a decent late round choice, Einstein.

Because he would make a good handcuff and WILL help reduce Tiki's workload this season. The Giants have an early bye week this year. He'd make a good reserver after that point for Tiki owners.

Of course Jacobs has no value when Tiki is healthy. But you will see him spell Tiki for a series here or there or run out the clock at the end of the game, and he will be a real nice handcuff.

He said it...Handcuff....The great thing about what is going on tonight is that we can feel very good about handcuffing Jacobs to Tiki. I'm a Tiki owner and I'll be picking up Jacobs for sure.

(prolly should have handcuffed him sooner...) :banana:

I'm rooting for a natural disaster that makes Tiki miss the season so Jacobs can put up some good numbers for me.

Why do people say stupid stuff like this? It's like the world revolves around your silly fantasy team to the point where you wish harm on people. (your 6th RB)

Every time something negative happens to you in your life you should reflect back to all these foolish statements you've made and know that the univesrse is paying you back. :thumbsup:

Haha, yeah I know. I didnt really mean I want him to get hurt, well at least not that bad :)

And yes I fully expect to be struck by lightning sometime in life due to my wishing harm on others.

Why do people say stupid stuff like this? It's like the world revolves around your silly fantasy team to the point where you wish harm on people. (your 6th RB)

Every time something negative happens to you in your life you should reflect back to all these foolish statements you've made and know that the univesrse is paying you back. :)

err, I would guess he was just kidding, but I got to go now and stick some pins in my Warrick Dunn Voo Doo Doll.

Haha, yeah I know. I didnt really mean I want him to get hurt, well at least not that bad :P

And yes I fully expect to be struck by lightning sometime in life due to my wishing harm on others.

Yeah, you deserve it. :P Oh, sh it what have I done to myself??? :)

Yeah, you deserve it. :P Oh, sh it what have I done to myself??? :(

i don't know, but try not to ruin that dress and purse of yours :ninja:

This was the case last year.... but it looks to me like Jacobs got a lot better in the offseason.

~ a lifelong Giants fan whose fav. current player is Tiki.

jacobs is not a solid RB3 unless you are in a TD only or scoring only league. i'm looking at him as a #2 in my scoring only league.

Why talk about him?? Why waste a pick??

This is why!

1 injury and who knows what happens.

I think he's a solid late rounder in keeper leagues if Tiki might retire this year. He went undrafted in my 30 rd IDP keeper league this year and I scooped him up. Based on his beastly performance tonight, I wanted to pick him up in my redraft too, but couldnt justify it. That's just my preference though...I love beastly HUGE rbs, and I prefer height to actual bulk (ie: Fat Jerome Bettis).

You must be in a 8 team league, because of the 4 drafts I've participated in (all 12 team leagues), Jacobs has gone anywhere from round 10-14, and has never gone undrafted. He is the undisputed back-up to a 31 year old RB on one of the best offenses, behind one of the best offensive lines. Not worth a roster spot? Please.

In my 10-team league, someone has him as their RB3. A bit of a reach, but it will make him look like a genius if Tiki goes down and Jacobs becomes this year's LJ. I'll be furiously hitting the "Propose Trade" button if that does happen, of course.

Tiki is a great talent. However, given last years work load, his age and talks of retiring, I expect to see a little more of Jacobs than people think. Look at the numbers RB's that get as many touches at Tiki did last year. They almost always have a significant decline. The age factor is not about Tiki losing ability. In todays NFL it's not will a RB get injured, but how much will the injuries they are almost certain to get affect them and how long will it take them to recover. Those are things that get worse with age. And when any player starts talking about retiring, you have to wonder how much effort they are going to put out. The team may also want to see more of what they are going to have next year if he does retire. Even if Tiki plays well and stays healthy all season, Jacobs should improve on his 7 TD total from his rookie year. His TD's alone will make him useful in any league, even if it is only as a bye week filler. He has a lot more upside than a lot of the other late round fliers.