Sign in to follow this  
hotdogcollarsdotcom

Maroney Injury with link!

Would they have traded Cobb's if it was very bad?

The Patriots aren't sure of the severity of the injury and it's unknown if his

status will be affected for the opener next weekend against Buffalo.

Would they have traded Cobb's if it was very bad?

Doubtful it's that bad, Cobbs showed promise to me ('cept that fumble last night).

They do have Faulk and Heath Evans if Maroneys out any time, but they are NOT Maroney

According to the Globe, there is a different picture to be painted:

A few fans are curious about rookie running back Laurence Maroney, and why he didn't play Thursday or practice on Monday and Tuesday. We're working on that one. Whatever is holding Maroney back isn't expected to be a long-term situation.

According to the Globe, there is a different picture to be painted:

A few fans are curious about rookie running back Laurence Maroney, and why he didn't play Thursday or practice on Monday and Tuesday. We're working on that one. Whatever is holding Maroney back isn't expected to be a long-term situation.

That's all I really care about right now. If he has to miss a game or two that would suck but with a healthy Dillon and Faulk that should be fine against the Bills and Jets (at least on paper it looks that way). Yet with week 3-5 being Denver, at Cincy and Miami he needs to be in the lineup. If the Pats can go 4-1 in those first five games they'll be in great shape to have an excellent record as the rest of the schedule is lighter than it has been in years (again, at least on paper). Maroney has the ability to give their O a look they really haven't had in their offense since BB has been there. He looks like he can be a real big play guy not just a grinder. If Maroney and Watson pan out this year this O can be really explosive and it will take a lot of pressure off of Brady making him that much more effective. Last year everything fell on Brady's back and it was just too much.

Let's keep our fingers crossed here as the Pats have not caught any breaks in the injury department the last few years.

Why don't you start a thread that hasn't been started several times. It's called the search option. Here is the same thread I posted early this morning.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=227074

Actually, both sucked. You guys are getting all worked up about a guy not playing in the last preseason game of the season. Did you also start a thread about Brady not playing?

Maroney is going to be fine. Cobbs will be in Pittsburgh and Dillon will be pounding the ball against the Bills.

Why don't you start a thread that hasn't been started several times. It's called the search option. Here is the same thread I posted early this morning.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=227074

1) There are so many bullsh*t posts on this bored (i.e. WSIS, rate myteam) that all real posts get pushed to page 2 in a matter of hours...if that

2) Why the f*ck do you care if there is a dup post?

3) What the f*ck are u doin on a FF bored on a Friday night (i'm watching my newborn while my wife enjoys some relax time with her friends, so thats my excuse)

4) This is news since its a potential FF starter that might be hurt. Whether or not its true and the extent of the injury are irrelevant as the point of this bored is to help people stay informed of EVERYTHING that might affect their team

So, before you go lecturing everyone about the search function, why dont you stop and use that pea sized organ thats stuck in between you ears

1) There are so many bullsh*t posts on this bored (i.e. WSIS, rate myteam) that all real posts get pushed to page 2 in a matter of hours...if that

3) What the f*ck are u doin on a FF bored on a Friday night (i'm watching my newborn while my wife enjoys some relax time with her friends, so thats my excuse)

4) This is news since its a potential FF starter that might be hurt. Whether or not its true and the extent of the injury are irrelevant as the point of this bored is to help people stay informed of EVERYTHING that might affect their team

So, before you go lecturing everyone about the search function, why dont you stop and use that pea sized organ thats stuck in between you ears

Guys like him and Football_Scooter think they own the board. Like I told Football_Scooter, if you don't like the thread, don't read it or respond to it. Well said, Hotdog!

Any opinion on what value Maroney would have in a trade to a Dillon owner?

I would think a decent #2 or #3 WR. Galloway or Driver type.....

2.) Because it takes away from the other posts that may be overlooked because of your double post. I only need to see a link to the same page once in order to get the information.

3,) I myself am married and own a house in SoCal with the mortgage due today, so that is why I am home on a Friday night if you really wanted to know.

Not news, but the fact that they traded their RB Cobbs to Pitt seems to be good news as far as their overall RB situation. I'd guess he isn't too hurt. :lol:

NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports Patriots rookie running back Laurence Maroney's knee injury is not serious.

All is good