I could use a little help here.

My team is:

QB - Bulger, Farve

RB - Portis, Parker, Marion Barber, Barlow, Haynes

WR - Wayne, Driver, Housh, McKardell, Curtis

TE - Miller, Wiggins

K - Elam

D - Bucs

12 team, keeper league (can keep 3, no two from any position)

I've been offered Tatum Bell from the team that has JJones, for Marion Barber.

Barber will serve as my 3rd RB, possibly starting as #2 RB during the time Portis is possibly out in weeks 1 and 2.

Who will be better over the season as a plug-in: Marion Barber or Tatum Bell? or possibly Marion Barber or Cedric Benson?

Thanks guys.

I would do that deal. I see Marion Barber as a 3rd down back only, whereas Tatum Bell could emerge as a starter, or at worst has a similar role to last year.

Although I like both, I would rather have Bell. Barber has potential, but I think Bell will do better, especially early in the year.

I think I'd do it. Barber is going to have more value to the J. Jones team than anyone else, so if you're looking to move him, this is probably the best team to trade with.

I'd wouldn't do it either. The DEN backfield is nothing but a headache. MB3 has looked in the pre-season and JJ gets banged up quite a bit. Not to mention you know what you get with MB3. If JJ is healthy he's a 3rd down back with a few breather carries. Bell you're going to play guesswork all year as when he's gonna bust a long out. I'd stay away and save yourself some tylenol.

please help with mine if you got a minue!

No deal here either.

Look at it this way. He screwed up by not handcuffing his RB and now he is offering you a non-starting RB on team who is notorious for RBBC situations. No way. I'd negatiate for something better. MBIII might even wind up being the starter. Then he is screwed! Meanwhile you have great value by getting a starter late in the draft.

Tatum will NEVER start for Shanny. He will always be the change of pace back. If M. Bell goes down, C. Cobbs will start and Tatum will still be the change of pace speedster who only plays in the second half. Occasionally this role will allow him to have big games, but it is far too inconsistent in my mind.

No deal here either.

Look at it this way. He screwed up by not handcuffing his RB and now he is offering you a non-starting RB on team who is notorious for RBBC situations. No way. I'd negatiate for something better. MBIII might even wind up being the starter. Then he is screwed! Meanwhile you have great value by getting a starter late in the draft.

Tatum will NEVER start for Shanny. He will always be the change of pace back. If M. Bell goes down, C. Cobbs will start and Tatum will still be the change of pace speedster who only plays in the second half. Occasionally this role will allow him to have big games, but it is far too inconsistent in my mind.

I don't think even Shanahan knows what he's going to do with the Bells. I'd be sorely tempted to make the trade, but unless you're already sure who you're going to keep for next year, I might think about keeping Barber around until Portis shows what he can do.

The purpose of my RB3 is a fill-in, a bye week, or an injury plan.

What I hear people saying mostly, is that Tatum Bell is a Denver product of the system, the Shanny system...and a complete headache. I understand that, Shanny is a PITA.

Still, I know TBell is going to play a definate fill-in role AT MINIMUM every game...with an almost lock for 10-15 touches a game.

SO, let's say Tatum is never the starter (Mike Bell is anyway for now). Does the 10-15 touches/game from Tatum do better for me, week-in-week-out, than M Barber will, week-in-week-out?

I'd say no. Denver RB situation is a mess. I think Bell may become the starter but with Portis you need something better then Bell the first 2 weeks. If he wants Barber tell him to give you Bell and something else. Barber may be the starter in Dallas just as fast as Bell is the starter in Den.

If you need someone the first 2 weeks for Portis, I think Barber is better for the first 2 weeks then Bell.

I would take Tatum too. By no means does the "other Bell" have a lock on the starting job. And the "week-in, week-out" performance of MBIII may be nothing more than third-down duty. Of course, Julius could stink it up and lose the starting job too. It's a gamble either way, but I'd rather gamble on Tatum.

A Little Help?