Sign in to follow this  
DamageIncVacc

Mike Vick

I am not a fan of VIck in any shape or form . I was looking at last years stats for players in my league and when I got to Quarterback I was shocked to see he was #6 in our league , This is a league that gives 1 points for every 25 yards thrown , 4 points for a TD pass, 1 point for every 10 rushing yardsand 6 points for rushing TD's . He finnished with more points than Drew Brees, Matt Hassleback, Trent Green, Jake Delehome and Brett Farve. Is my league just an abberiton or is this guy actually fantasy material and his Horrible Quarterback play just blind us to it, I am not a fan of his and I think he is a terrible QB. I always tell people his favorite reciever is the turf then crumpler. Just shocked the heck out of me to see that stat. His 600 rushing yards and 6 rushing TD do add up i guess. Please dont get all over my . I am not hyping the guy just curious as it really shocked me.

yeah those Rushing yards sneak up on ya.... I have him in my Dynasty League (but my league is 3 points passsing TD (with distance TD bonus'), but it's 6 pts per rushing TD..... he's solid (especially in leagues like that).... he will have a stinker every once in awhile though... but even if he does he'll probably have 40 yards or so on the ground, so at least you won't get a goose egg...

He was 8 I think in my league last year but pretty close to #5. I think he'll do well this year but I have him so take that for what it's worth.

He was 8 I think in my league last year but pretty close to #5. I think he'll do well this year but I have him so take that for what it's worth.

Yeah he always gets knocked but every year he finishes in the top 10.

The problem is hes 30 points...then 5 points...then 28 points....then 3 games of 8.....then back to 30.

Ive got him as my #1 QB this year....and im terrified...especially considering he plays the toughest schedule in the NFL for a QB.

Im debating on dealing him for Rothlisberger.....

I had to go and add the points manually , thats how suprised I was . I am still looking for an error.LOL.

He was only 6 points away from the 4th place QB. I have a different fantasy opionion about him now. Not a starter but a pretty good backup.Those 5-8 point games will kill ya. I took a look and the year before he was #10 . I was looking as he is my backup and I was going to drop him for somone else but I may keep him around. I am still stunned that he was a top 5 fantasy QB last year. Still think he cant throw as well as other QB's but he said he will run more this year and he has the best recievers he had had so far. White, Jenkings(both a year more experiance), Lelie(Better deep threat than finneran) ,Crumpler and we know Dunn can catch so maybe a little bump up in both rushing yards, TD;s and 1 or 2 more passing TD's . Good for fantasy but Matt Shaub should be the starter.

Problem is, as mentioned above, is that he not consistant, and he is in a rushing offense. He's a vaible option in that offense though, so vick ain't all that bad.

I plan on starting him and mcnair depending on matchups. Vick has got skill, and he puts up points, just not all the time. figure out when he does, and subplant him with solid qb when he doesnt, you got a combo of a top QB for realativly cheap.

just gotta figure out those matchups man.

He's not my ideal #1 QB but my dynasty/auction league was flush with cash and low on FAs this year. If I didn't sign him I mightcould have thrown him back and gotten him cheaper but it was a gamble and I ran the risk if I missed him of really overpaying for someone else. I think with Vick he will do at least as good as last year, barring injury, and I think his POTENTIAL upside is as big as any other QB not named Culpepper.

He is 7th in my dynasty league. Similar point system. I noticed the same thing and picked him up cheap in another league. If nothing else he is a capable starter. His trade value is also very low it seems. In my league he came for a 10th pick in first round. I'm not sold on him but if you get points for rushing yards and tds he doesn't hurt you. I'm hoping he has a good season this year and I can turn him around for a profit.

I plan on mixing Vick in with Bledsoe throughout the year. He looks nice weeks 3 and 4 against SF and ARI. Maybe i'll start him two straight weeks and then trade the headache. Nice.

The problem with that is he throws up stinkers against "cant miss matchups" and then throws up monster numbers against T.B. and Carolina Defenses... it's a head scratcher with this guy.

You know how everyone hates to have the headache of a Broncos RB, even though whoever gets the majority of the carries will always be a top 10 back? Yeah, well, thats the same headache with Vick! Instead of the Broncos just going with a different back on so and so day, Vick will throw up a stinker against a soft D.

Good luck, God speed, and dont lose your hair over the guy!

He is a great option as a #2 Qb, and one that puts up #1 numbers more than not. I just don't have confidence starting him every week. It sure is nice that everyone is so down on him though, as that makes him a great fantasy value, late.

very underrated. He was #6 in my league and if he had played all 16 instead of 15, he would've only been behind Palmer, Manning, and Manning.

I am not a fan of VIck in any shape or form . I was looking at last years stats for players in my league and when I got to Quarterback I was shocked to see he was #6 in our league , This is a league that gives 1 points for every 25 yards thrown , 4 points for a TD pass, 1 point for every 10 rushing yardsand 6 points for rushing TD's . He finnished with more points than Drew Brees, Matt Hassleback, Trent Green, Jake Delehome and Brett Farve. Is my league just an abberiton or is this guy actually fantasy material and his Horrible Quarterback play just blind us to it, I am not a fan of his and I think he is a terrible QB. I always tell people his favorite reciever is the turf then crumpler. Just shocked the heck out of me to see that stat. His 600 rushing yards and 6 rushing TD do add up i guess. Please dont get all over my . I am not hyping the guy just curious as it really shocked me.

I am in a similar league and grabbed Vick in the 7th round. . Inconsistency is not a problem in this league because it is a total points league not head to head. Even though Vick is a rotten QB he has value in leagues with scoring systems like this.

I looked into the numbers even more and the knock about him having big games(25+points ) followed by stinkers is not even correct.

Here are his numbers in our league weekly ( -1 for INT, where he gets killed) (These numbers shocked me again)

The big game followed by bad game came only in the last 5 games. He only had 3 games with less than 10 fantasy points. and he was consistent with between 10-20 almost every week. His bad QB play in the NFL had really killed his fantasy REP. If he does not miss that one game and we give him just say 7 points for that game he is the #4 QB last year and just behind Peyton manningby a couple of points. I believe the end of the season was when he was playing hurt.his rushed dropped down to the about 20 yards except week 15 when he had 60. All the guy has to do it rush a bit more ( thats doable) and cut down on the interceptions) not so doable) and he would be a top 5 QB . These numbers below are pretty darn good for a Fantasy QB

Definetly a guy whos horrible QB play had warped his Fantasy Value. ( if you play in a league that does not reward rushing yards then he does not belong in the top 10)

1-17

2-13

3-19

4-11

5-did not play

6-12

7-13

8-16

9-24

10-21

11-17

12-6

13-27

14-5

15-20

16-7

I plan on mixing Vick in with Bledsoe throughout the year. He looks nice weeks 3 and 4 against SF and ARI. Maybe i'll start him two straight weeks and then trade the headache. Nice.

I plan on the doing the same thing except I have Bulger with Vick. He seems motivated this year unlike last year when he said that he really wasn't trying... :ninja:

I plan on the doing the same thing except I have Bulger with Vick. He seems motivated this year unlike last year when he said that he really wasn't trying... :cheers:

Trust me on this. Find the guy that loves Vick in your league and trade him after week 4. NO week 3 and ARI week 4. Peak value.