Sign in to follow this  
LSUtiger

Mike Bell

Well it's week one and good 'ol Shanny has us Mikey Bell owners by the bullocks. My question to you M.Bell owners is: Are you starting him against the woeful Rams defense?

I have a more dependable option (in theory) with Frank Gore, hey at least he's the clear-cut no. 1 there. Are you guys rolling the dice on Bell or stashing him until Shanny unveils his tyrannical plan? The matchup sure doesn't help things...

Stashing at this point. I have Portis, C. Taylor, Lundy, Bell and Morency. With the Portis injury, I'm tempted by Bell. But I may just go with Lundy since at least I know he's starting for sure.

My hand is being forced by the Portis uncertainty. I have Edge, Portis, Tinker Bell, Mike Bell, and Addai. I am not sure what to do. I think Mike has the best chance to get full carries of those 3 in week one, while Tinker is probably the safest bet to get SOME work in week one. The safe play is Tinker IMO, the risk/reward pick is Mike.

I've always been a riverboat gambler in FF, so i'm likely going M.Bell. :banana:

I'm starting him as my Flex player.

See I've got LT and Dunn starting but I can go Gore or Bell at flex - Gore is the safe play but Mikey could give me a huge game against STL.

Damn you Shanny! :banana:

I was gonna but I have opted for Chester the Molester instead. I just dont trust Rat Face. Cobbs will prob start knowing that ######.

I'm benching him for T. Jones, but only because the GB defense is even worse than St. Louis. M. Bell's going to get his carries and the goal line work, and Tinker's going to steal every other series.

I'm starting him as my flex... he's gotta get some carries, if not MOST carries and I'm gonna just watch Lundy (I have him too), considering the matchups.

A friend of mine has a brother that works for the Broncos. He said Shanny is scouring the ff message boards. If he thinks too many people are starting Mike, then TBell will get the carries. You all better make this a gametime decision.

Actually I have Portis and the Bells and will prolly go Portis (hear that Shanny?) Actually I have MBell penciled in.

I don't see how you could start Mike Bell over a RB guaranteed a big chunk of the carries. Who knows what will happen, and even if he's named the starter, everyone knows Tatum Bell will get his fair share of carries.

I've not weighed in on the Bell talk for the past month, but I've got to tell you, I will have no problem starting him week 1 at all. I will confess that in both leagues that he is my #3 or #4, depending on perception and the way the season starts out, but with Clinton Portis' injury, I can't understand all the consternation regarding this kid.

Yes, Shanahan can be a pain. The answer is simple, though. Do your homework. If the back is talented, he's going to get his carries. Period. Mike Bell is talented, and more significantly, he has a great first cut. He is built for the Denver offense. He works hard, has learned a lot, and has put up very good numbers all through the pre-season against opponents' #1 defenses. You folks are making this too hard.

Mike Bell is my easy choice. The 2nd starter - Kevin Jones or Willie Parker - is my tougher choice. Kevin Jones or Wali Lundy in my re-draft league. :banana:

Thanks for listening. Good luck this week to all of you.

I've got Mike Bell on my bench right now. I'll wait and see how he does week 1 (how many carries, yards, tds), and then decide what to do, probably either drop him or try to trade him.

Shenanigans isn't going to tip his hand until gametime.

I don't have Mike Bell. I traded for Tatum, and plan to use him as my flex. I believe he's always going to be good for 10-15 touches per week, and don't care if he starts or not.

I have Mike and Tatum and I am benching both. I will be starting Dom Rhodes instead because I know he is the starter and will get carries at the stripe.

I am waiting a week on the Bell boys because I am not convinced Mike is the true starter. About 75% of me thinks Shanny's naming of Mike as the starter (sort of) is a motivational tactic aimed directly at Tatum. I have a hard time believing that a guy who had a poor predraft combine and did not differentiate himself from the RBBC pack during preseason is going to get the bulk of the carries for a team on the cusp of a Super Bowl.

i am starting him over J. Lewis... however, i would start Gore ahead of him for sure...

Starting M. Bell over J. Lewis too, mostly because of matchup.

Starting M. Bell over J. Lewis too, mostly because of matchup.

I'm going with Jamal and Kevin Jones over Mike Bell as of right now. I drafted those guys to be my guys, it's time for them to prove their worth on my roster... I quit looking at match-ups after getting burnt by SJax last year at the end of the season.

I think Baltimore v Tampa game is going to be close, so Jamal is likely to get a large amount of carries.

Sportsline saying this-

News: RB Jamal Lewis (hip) is presumed questionable for the Ravens' Week 1 game at Tampa Bay. He did not play in the final two preseason games.

Analysis: Lewis is a risky start in Week 1 because the Buccaneers defense is one of the better units in the NFL. They're a little older, but Lewis shouldn't be expected to rush for 100 yards against them. Consider Lewis a studly No. 3 Fantasy RB for Week 1, but use him as a No. 2 if you don't have another option.

even proves my point. Those guys are idiots- I try to do the opposite of what they say.

Kevin Jones, I'm not so sure about... At least their at home. If there is a time for the Lions to breakout, it would be this game...

I have a little over 24 hours to change this.... but right now I have him starting over Cadillac Williams.

I know for a fact that my mind will win this battle and I'll bench Mike... but my gut tells me that Mike against STL with 18 carries is a better play than Caddy against Baltimore with 28 carries.

It is actually driving me crazy...

My prediction:

Mike Bell- starter, gets 15-18 carries, 80 yards, 1 TD; 4 receptions 18 yards

Tater Bell- change of pace back- 10-12 carries, 65 yards, 1 TD; 3 receptions 25 yards 1 Touchdown

Cedric Cobbs- 3rd down back/COP back- 8 carries, 35 yards 0 TD; 2 receptions 7 yards

That makes 38 rushing plays; 9 pass plays and three TD from the RB on this team.

This reminds me a lot of the Cowboys with Julius, MBIII and Tyson Thompson

End of season:

Mike Bell- 240 carries 1200 Yards 8 Touchdowns (combined)

Tater Bell- 192 carries 880 Yards 10 Touchdowns (combined)

Cedric Cobbs- 128 carries 480 Yards 4 Touchdowns (combined)

Total= 560 Carries; 2560 Yards; 22 Touchdowns

Last season total:

Mike Anderson: 239 carries 1014 Yards 13 Touchdowns (combined)

Tater Bell: 173 carries 921 Yards 8 Touchdowns (combined)

Ron Dayne: 53 carries 270 Yards 1 Touchdown (combined)

Total (RB only): 465 carries 2205 Yards 22 Touchdowns (combined)

Total (all) 542 carries 2539 Yards 25 touchdowns

I am waiting a week on the Bell boys because I am not convinced Mike is the true starter. About 75% of me thinks Shanny's naming of Mike as the starter (sort of) is a motivational tactic aimed directly at Tatum. I have a hard time believing that a guy who had a poor predraft combine and did not differentiate himself from the RBBC pack during preseason is going to get the bulk of the carries for a team on the cusp of a Super Bowl.

I tend to agree here, Tatum is the more talented back. My thinking is that the first time MBell puts one on the ground and lives up to his fumbler reputation, he's riding the pine and Tatum picks up the slack.

My prediction:

Mike Bell- starter, gets 15-18 carries, 80 yards, 1 TD; 4 receptions 18 yards

Tater Bell- change of pace back- 10-12 carries, 65 yards, 1 TD; 3 receptions 25 yards 1 Touchdown

Cedric Cobbs- 3rd down back/COP back- 8 carries, 35 yards 0 TD; 2 receptions 7 yards

That makes 38 rushing plays; 9 pass plays and three TD from the RB on this team.

This reminds me a lot of the Cowboys with Julius, MBIII and Tyson Thompson

End of season:

Mike Bell- 240 carries 1200 Yards 8 Touchdowns (combined)

Tater Bell- 192 carries 880 Yards 10 Touchdowns (combined)

Cedric Cobbs- 128 carries 480 Yards 4 Touchdowns (combined)

Total= 560 Carries; 2560 Yards; 22 Touchdowns

Last season total:

Mike Anderson: 239 carries 1014 Yards 13 Touchdowns (combined)

Tater Bell: 173 carries 921 Yards 8 Touchdowns (combined)

Ron Dayne: 53 carries 270 Yards 1 Touchdown (combined)

Total (RB only): 465 carries 2205 Yards 22 Touchdowns (combined)

Total (all) 542 carries 2539 Yards 25 touchdowns

I actually see you being off a bit TM, I think TBell actually gets closer to a 50/50 split, somewhere in the neighborhood of 210-220 carries and passes the 1000 yrd mark. However, I figured FWParker had NO chance of holding onto that starting role as an undrafted FA, but sure enough he did, so MBell might as well.

I am a raging homer so take this for what it's worth. But the Rams front seven has actually looked decent to me, and they plan on blitzing a lot. Their secondary is the problem and I feel that Plummer, Smith, and Walker will be the ones who will put up the real and fantasy points.

Sounds like alot of us have the same RBs. We must think alike. I have Portis, Mike Bell, and Lundy too. I'm going to watch Lundy and Bell this week. I'm starting Ronnie Brown as my RB (which I planned on anyway), and DeShaun Foster as my Flex. I figure he's safer than Bell, Portis, or Lundy (unless I get definite word in the next few days that Portis is starting).

As of now, I plan on benching Bell. I have a tough decision, because my possible RBBC guys have easy matchups (Bell and Chris Brown), my studs have tough matchups (Ronnie Brown and SJax), and my Willie Parker is in between. I think I'm starting Parker and Jackson though.

I tend to agree here, Tatum is the more talented back. My thinking is that the first time MBell puts one on the ground and lives up to his fumbler reputation, he's riding the pine and Tatum picks up the slack.

I actually see you being off a bit TM, I think TBell actually gets closer to a 50/50 split, somewhere in the neighborhood of 210-220 carries and passes the 1000 yrd mark. However, I figured FWParker had NO chance of holding onto that starting role as an undrafted FA, but sure enough he did, so MBell might as well.

You could be right. Just my opinion.

I think Shanny hates Tater Tot first off. Second off, Shanny loves nothing more than taking a RB out of no where an turning him into a star.

I have a little over 24 hours to change this.... but right now I have him starting over Cadillac Williams.

I know for a fact that my mind will win this battle and I'll bench Mike... but my gut tells me that Mike against STL with 18 carries is a better play than Caddy against Baltimore with 28 carries.

It is actually driving me crazy...

I've got to say, I think starting M. Bell over Caddy is just plain crazy. Granted, Caddy's matchup is not particularly favorable, but he's the kind of player that can put up big numbers any week. Mike Bell could get 18 carries or he could get 5 carries.

If Bell comes through, more power to you. I wouldn't even be considering this though.

In my big $$$ league I have LJ, FWP as my RB duo and Mike bell in my flex instead of Dunn, Maroney, McCardell, Kennison, or Jennings.

I do not trust Dunn against Carolina's run defense, Maroney may not play with the bum wheel, and Bell should outscore each of thos receivers whether he starts or not.

In my small $$$ league I am a bit torn. I have my choice of Mike Bell, D Rhodes, Duece Mac, MBIII, & TJ Duckett to go along with LJ and I honestly have no idea who my #2 will be. I'm a little worried about Rhodes against New York, more than worried about Duece w/Reggie Bush waiting in the wings, MBIII's production till Jones screws up, and TJ Duckett with Betts apparently getting the starting nod if Portis doesn't play. I have no clue but am thinking about taking a chance on Bell.

And in my third league I don't even have to worry because I traded a D Davis owner Jamal Lewis & D Foster for Rudi Johnson & Brett Favre. My starters there are now Rudi & S Jax.

I'm going both Bells ILO of C-Tay & Droughns.

You can't beat the matchups!!!!

As of now, I plan on benching Bell. I have a tough decision, because my possible RBBC guys have easy matchups (Bell and Chris Brown), my studs have tough matchups (Ronnie Brown and SJax), and my Willie Parker is in between. I think I'm starting Parker and Jackson though.

8 teams, or this is all he has, Alex.

You could be right. Just my opinion.

I think Shanny hates Tater Tot first off. Second off, Shanny loves nothing more than taking a RB out of no where an turning him into a star.

This is the best take on the entire thread. But as earlier stated, Denver's passing game will be more of a threat to EITHER Bell early. Though they'll pound the ball late if they get a lead. The Caddy's my number one back, but I've got to choose between Droughns, Chester the Molester, and M Bell. Cleveland is at home against NO, so my choice is easy.

It looks like I am starting him over Lundy and DeAngelo Williams. I really don't care about yardage as much as a score.

I am starting M Bell with Steven Jackson VS opponent playing Tatum Bell and Willis McGahee.