Sign in to follow this  
kilroy69

Lions homers

The entire offense did. Bryson with that horrible route at the end. Media seems to be jumping on Marinelli for not going for the 54 yarder...not sure which game they were watching. Defense had been dominating, Hanson had already come up short on a shorter attempt and couldn't even get his kickoffs to the end zone.

The entire offense did. Bryson with that horrible route at the end. Media seems to be jumping on Marinelli for not going for the 54 yarder...not sure which game they were watching. Defense had been dominating, Hanson had already come up short on a shorter attempt and couldn't even get his kickoffs to the end zone.

I hate bryson. He is only in when they are passing and he focked us today with that dumb play. Jones is just as good of a reciever out of the backfield. ROY was not involved half enough and when he was kitna threw bad passes to him.

A bengals fan to you lions fans: Kitna is a great guy and I'm sure you would love to have him as a back up quaterback, but you do not want him as your starter. He will have some good games, but he is horribly incositent and will make more than his share of mistakes.

Detroit media being stupid??? First off...if you choose to live or work in Detroit (like the detroit media does) then you are automatically disqualified from ever questioning anyone elses judgment for the rest of your life. God should destroy detroit in a blaze of fire and brimstone and america could pretend it never existed....

I've never been there

He had happy feet all day and missed a lot of throws.

And you're surprised why? Had you never seen Kitna prior to today?

Thats one idea. I like the idea of the state of michigan coming in and declaring emminent domain for entire neighborhoods. Knock it all down and rebuild.

Detroit media being stupid??? First off...if you choose to live or work in Detroit (like the detroit media does) then you are automatically disqualified from ever questioning anyone elses judgment for the rest of your life. God should destroy detroit in a blaze of fire and brimstone and america could pretend it never existed....

I've never been there

Actually, I meant the national media. ESPN article was based around that 'bad decision'.

As for Kitna, maybe some time in the next 2 or 3 decades, the Lions will figure out that it doesn't matter how many WRs you draft, or offensive gurus...without a good QB it all means sh*t.

Thats one idea. I like the idea of the state of michigan coming in and declaring emminent domain for entire neighborhoods. Knock it all down and rebuild.

Heh, would probably bankrupt the state to pull it off.

hey, everyone knew the lions would be 0-2 to start the season--and most people on the planet had this pegged as seattle blowout. i'll take it. overall, rod's got them playing hard and the defense held a super bowl offense to 3 field goals. hasselbeck was beaten senseless back there (despite what his stats might say).

shaun rogers is a monster: 2 sacks, another blocked field goal (to go along with his other 8).

i was relieved to see the defense play so well. that's a bit earlier than i thought (them playing at that level). the offense was about what i expected. it was obvious watching the last couple of preseason games they'd need some time to gel.

a lot of it was on kitna. he missed roy a couple of times for what would have been huge gains.

at the end of the day, keep in mind a young team not expected to do much--with a entirely new coaching staff--went toe-to-toe with the seahawks for 4 quarters.

in the whole scheme of things, i'll take it.

I was actually impressed with the teams overall performance.

There were some positives here. I actually predicted a shutout, but The lions moved the ball at some times in the game. Some bad luck didnt help them, but the offense at least had times where it looked dangerous (even if it didnt perform, at least it looked like it was capable of performing) and Considering how strong the Seahawks D-Line is, I am not surprised that kitna has happy feet.

Against a lesser defense I think they would have put up good numbers. I just dont think they're capable of doing well against an elite defense.

dont panic yet. I think they will do better than you think they will.

I was actually impressed with the teams overall performance.

There were some positives here. I actually predicted a shutout, but The lions moved the ball at some times in the game. Some bad luck didnt help them, but the offense at least had times where it looked dangerous (even if it didnt perform, at least it looked like it was capable of performing) and Considering how strong the Seahawks D-Line is, I am not surprised that kitna has happy feet.

Against a lesser defense I think they would have put up good numbers. I just dont think they're capable of doing well against an elite defense.

dont panic yet. I think they will do better than you think they will.

the lions still look like about a 3rd place team, the packers look like cellar dwellers, the bears the team to beat in the north. things went as expected in the win-loss column today. but yeah, there were some encouraging things about the lions play today (aside from what's already been mentioned):

--holding shaun alexander to 51 yards on 19 carries (including ernie sims getting an hellacious pop on him in the first half).

--ernie sims: 9 tackles. he's as advertised.

--d-line (overall in addition to shaun rogers). hasselbeck isn't going to be moving well tomorrow (and in fact suffered an upper body injury late).

not sure what people were expecting--the lions to come storming out of the gate this year and get a fast start? come on. take the silver (and blue) lining on this loss and call it good. rod's got them headed in the right direction.

yes, there's work to be done. but we all knew that.

the lions still look like about a 3rd place team, the packers look like cellar dwellers, the bears the team to beat in the north. things went as expected in the win-loss column today. but yeah, there were some encouraging things about the lions play today (aside from what's already been mentioned):

--holding shaun alexander to 51 yards on 19 carries (including ernie sims getting an hellacious pop on him in the first half).

--ernie sims: 9 tackles. he's as advertised.

--d-line (overall in addition to shaun rogers). hasselbeck isn't going to be moving well tomorrow (and in fact suffered an upper body injury late).

not sure what people were expecting--the lions to come storming out of the gate this year and get a fast start? come on. take the silver (and blue) lining on this loss and call it good. rod's got them headed in the right direction.

yes, there's work to be done. but we all knew that.

swamp, the Lions D looks like the real focking deal. I would not be surprised if they sweep Green Bay, the way that D looked today.

swamp, the Lions D looks like the real focking deal. I would not be surprised if they sweep Green Bay, the way that D looked today.

the secondary is still fairly vulnerable. hasselbeck had a nice efficiency rating today even if he did get sacked 5 times and hit another half-dozen. the linebackers are young and/or have injury issues.

the key will be the d-line and its health. that line when it's on can make up for weaknesses elsewhere.

the pieces aren't all there yet, obviously, but marinelli's print and style is already evident. it's encouraging that they seem to responding quickly to what marinelli wants.

the offense? i'd hate to be them behind a closed door with martz this week. yikes. i imagine those guys will hear words even sailors didn't know existed.

the secondary is still fairly vulnerable. hasselbeck had a nice efficiency rating today even if he did get sacked 5 times and hit another half-dozen. the linebackers are young and/or have injury issues.

the key will be the d-line and its health. that line when it's on can make up for weaknesses elsewhere.

Which play directly to Green Bay's weakness, as demonstrated today. And the worst part was, it was guys like Clifton and Tauscher making the big mistakes today. Maybe they'll get that corrected this year, but not a good first outing. Granted, it's the Bear's D. But still.

Lions d did look really good.

Kitna didn't look that great but he's a definite step up from Harrington.

They got to get Calhoun into the mix more. :doublethumbsup:

Mornelli blew the game 3rd and 10 at what the 34-35 or something run a 5 yard play and get more yrds for hanson to win the game

Another idiot coahc great :doublethumbsup:

This will be a mess for Lions owners all year because of two words: Mike Martz

The only other coaches that come to mind in making me completely stay away from drafting their players are:

- June Jones

- Dan Henning

Wayne Fontes would have been there too, but Barry saved his teams in terms of FF value.