Sign in to follow this  
thill

portis was re-injured tonight?

i got in the car during the final post game wrap up and all i heard was he re-aggrevated his sholder injury. i can't believe it is serious otherwise i would see a million posts but maybe i just missed it. anyone have details?

From Fanball

THE NEWS

Clinton Portis scored on a five-yard touchdown run and rushed for 39 yards on 10 carries in Monday's loss to the Vikings. Portis also added 11 receiving yards on two catches.

Our View

Portis and teammate Ladell Betts split the carries evenly on Monday, but Portis didn't show any ill effects of his dislocated shoulder while on the field. Expect him to be ready to receive a full load of carries and start next week's game against the Cowboys.

The only time his shoulder could have possibly been hurt was when he dove for the fumble at the Vikings 5 yard line. He still played and was fine...

The only time his shoulder could have possibly been hurt was when he dove for the fumble at the Vikings 5 yard line. He still played and was fine...

He played a lot after that.

Was that a brace he was wearing? I hope so, and with the brace it will be really hard to dislocate again.

He played a lot after that.

Was that a brace he was wearing? I hope so, and with the brace it will be really hard to dislocate again.

Yes it was a brace, the rest of it was under his jersey.

He seemed to catch the ball fine out of the backfield and run fine. I'm excited for next week :banana:

then maybe i misheard it. i got in the car from a meeting at 10:30 or so and then just heard the post game. i swear i heard that he banged it up again, but maybe i misheard. sorry for the confusion.

As a fan in the stands I watched Portis run off the field many times holding his arm. Then walk around the bench area slowly working it. There is no doubt he aggravated it a few times. Tough to say the extent of it, and he kept going back in.

The real question will be how is it today. It was a mistake for him to play.

Pure speculation as to the latter statement. Your first comment I agree with though. He really didn't seem to be feeling any real ill-effects from it during the game though.

Guest Johnny Holmes
As a fan in the stands I watched Portis run off the field many times holding his arm. Then walk around the bench area slowly working it. There is no doubt he aggravated it a few times. Tough to say the extent of it, and he kept going back in.

I saw the same thing. It appeared Portis was in pain after he lunged for his fumble. Maybe it just popped out of joint.

Pure speculation as to the latter statement. Your first comment I agree with though. He really didn't seem to be feeling any real ill-effects from it during the game though.

I wan't speculating, it was an opinion. If the guy is walking off the field holding his shoulder there is a good chance they were pushing it a bit and no way he was 100%. From a Skins standpoint, they lost the game anyway and now have the Cowboys up next week, and fans and Portis owners alike can only hope there weren't any setbacks.

The real question will be how is it today. It was a mistake for him to play.

I agree with this...Although I think this shoulder is going to bother him all year, so it could be one of those injuries where he can't make it worse?

During the postgame radio show, he said he was sore -- not because he aggravated his prior injury but because he had not played in game conditions, receiving real contact, since the day he was injured. He's just going to have to get back in real football shape, that's all. Is he in danger of reinjuring himself in each game? Yes. Did he do so last night? No.

During the postgame radio show, he said he was sore -- not because he aggravated his prior injury but because he had not played in game conditions, receiving real contact, since the day he was injured. He's just going to have to get back in real football shape, that's all. Is he in danger of reinjuring himself in each game? Yes. Did he do so last night? No.

With the brace he has, it is unlikely that he will dislocate again cause his arm will not be able to move in that direction.

If you saw him run, he was not favoring it at all and looked great.

I agree with this...Although I think this shoulder is going to bother him all year, so it could be one of those injuries where he can't make it worse?

Well, since they had him wearing a brace, I can only assume that he COULD have make it worse or there would not have been a need. I'm sure he's fine, but it's obvious there is still some concern, so we'll just have to wait and see. Signs look good, but these things are always very uncertain.

i got in the car during the final post game wrap up and all i heard was he re-aggrevated his sholder injury. i can't believe it is serious otherwise i would see a million posts but maybe i just missed it. anyone have details?

That's not true thill. Your source is wrong.

That's not true thill. Your source is wrong.

well, my sourse was just listening to the radio. appears to be verified by someone at the game. all the announcer said was that he appeared to "tweak it" or something. maybe re-aggrivation is too strong. but basically they were saying that he didn't come out clean.........

well, my sourse was just listening to the radio. appears to be verified by someone at the game. all the announcer said was that he appeared to "tweak it" or something. maybe re-aggrivation is too strong. but basically they were saying that he didn't come out clean.........

I am from D.C., and I haven't heard anything concerning any injuries. I guess we'll find out after practice. I doubt what the sports commentator was true, or it would have been blown up here everywhere.

Portis was wearing protection/brace underneath his jersey. He could have just been adjusting it. But who knows. I'm not saying you are wrong.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that he will be having problems with this injury all year and will not even come close to repeating last years number. :lol:

Yeah, I traded him for LaMont Jordan...

Sounds like there may have been some merit to this...

Is there recent news to support your post? Not disagreeing, just trying to follow the situation.

Is there recent news so support your post? Not disagreeing, just trying to follow the situation.

Portis was downgraded to doubtful for this upcoming week.

I just heard on Fox Sports Radio that Gibbs says he's out for this weekend. He said that since he hasn't been practicing the last couple of days, he won't play.

someone had anopther topic which linked to fflivewire...looks like it got deleted...i guess you cant link to other sites :ninja:

Is there recent news so support your post? Not disagreeing, just trying to follow the situation.

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/WAS/9662607

Washington Redskins coach Joe Gibbs ruled Clinton Portis out for the game against the Dallas Cowboys, an announcement that surprised Portis and created yet another bizarre twist in the running back's injury saga.

"He didn't practice today. ... If a guy doesn't practice, he's not going to play," Gibbs said.

Gibbs said Ladell Betts, T.J. Duckett and Rock Cartwright will be the running backs against the Cowboys. Portis was downgraded from questionable to doubtful on the injury report, with Gibbs citing soreness from the pounding Portis took from playing in the season opener against Minnesota on Monday night.

Clinton Portis, RB WAS

News: Washington Redskins coach Joe Gibbs ruled Clinton Portis out for Sunday's game against the Dallas Cowboys, an announcement that surprised Portis and created yet another twist in the running back's injury saga. "He didn't practice today. ... If a guy doesn't practice, he's not going to play," Gibbs said. Gibbs said Ladell Betts, T.J. Duckett and Rock Cartwright will be the running backs against the Cowboys. Portis was downgraded from questionable to doubtful on the injury report, with Gibbs citing the pounding Portis took in the Monday night season opener against Minnesota.

looks like i heard correctly!!!!!

I just heard on Fox Sports Radio that Gibbs says he's out for this weekend. He said that since he hasn't been practicing the last couple of days, he won't play.

Yeah, that Gibbs is a real genius! It`s his fault Portis is in this predicament in the first place.

Yeah, that Gibbs is a real genius! It`s his fault Portis is in this predicament in the first place.

That, and because Portis apparently thinks he's a professional wrestler with the way he tackles.