Sign in to follow this  
peenie

what kind of quality time do you spend with your s.o.?

We live together... that's our quality time. We usually watch tv in seperate rooms because we like different shows. We go to friends houses to hang out and go out to dinner with eachother.... We also email back and forth through out the day and call or met eachother for lunch, but other then that we like to have quality time with our friends or alone too. I think having seperate interests and having that one night with the guys or girls once or twice during the week is nice...it's good not to be around eachother 24/7 or else we'll find something to bicker about just to relieve stress or tension, when its not even directed at them :pointstosky:

We live together... that's our quality time. We usually watch tv in seperate rooms because we like different shows. We go to friends houses to hang out and go out to dinner with eachother.... We also email back and forth through out the day and call or met eachother for lunch, but other then that we like to have quality time with our friends or alone too. I think having seperate interests and having that one night with the guys or girls once or twice during the week is nice...it's good not to be around eachother 24/7 or else we'll find something to bicker about just to relieve stress or tension, when its not even directed at them :D

:pointstosky: Sounds like you have a nice healthy relationship STC!

After 10 years and a child, how do you just "fall out of love" with someone? I don't understand that.

I am also curious about the alcoholism...if I recall you've been sober for less than a year right? Don't many 12-Step programs ask that you not get involved with other people for at least 12 months as to avoid the co-dependency? I can see how this would make it feel as if everyone wanted you to "make them your life" after a couple of dates, or that they are smothering you.

If I were you, I'd forego the dating all together right now until 1) my divorce is final and 2) I am feeling better about my addiction, etc.

Of course, it's none of my business, but going from an addiction and a marriage to wanting to "find someone" seems like you have more stuff going on in your life, and perhaps being by yourself and relearning about YOU outisde of marriage and alcohol is something I would focus on.

Not trying to be a ###### or anything, but just an observation, I guess. :doh:

BLS - She knew that you were the "one" after 2 weeks? And you up and left your life for her? Did you think that she was the "one" as well? Just curious.

Not trying to answer for Sawilson here, but I can relate to some parts of your post and thought I'd comment.

It is possible to fall out of love after several years of marriage and children together. Although I feel that marriage should last forever and it's nice to think that love will also last forever, unfortunately that isn't always how it works out. I never thought I'd be able to fall out of love, but I did and I was married for 23 years. Many things through the marriage brought me to that point, though. When you have a marriage that is strong from the start and communication and effort are put forth by both of you to keep it strong, I think it can and will last and the two can grow together stronger rather than apart.

I agree with you that spending time finding yourself is key this shortly after a break-up (especially one of that duration) and that is where I'm finding myself right now. However, we are all only human and the need and desire to have a warm body to hold and share your thoughts with and how your day went is nice.

Not trying to answer for Sawilson here, but I can relate to some parts of your post and thought I'd comment.

It is possible to fall out of love after several years of marriage and children together. Although I feel that marriage should last forever and it's nice to think that love will also last forever, unfortunately that isn't always how it works out. I never thought I'd be able to fall out of love, but I did and I was married for 23 years. Many things through the marriage brought me to that point, though. When you have a marriage that is strong from the start and communication and effort are put forth by both of you to keep it strong, I think it can and will last and the two can grow together stronger rather than apart.

I agree with you that spending time finding yourself is key this shortly after a break-up (especially one of that duration) and that is where I'm finding myself right now. However, we are all only human and the need and desire to have a warm body to hold and share your thoughts with and how your day went is nice.

:banana: Nicely said BEG. ITA with your statements. Althought it sucks, it does happen and kind of reiterates how I responded on page one.

Too bad we didn't live closer together, it would be great to get together and share our thoughts on this.

:thumbsup: Nicely said BEG. ITA with your statements. Althought it sucks, it does happen and kind of reiterates how I responded on page one.

Too bad we didn't live closer together, it would be great to get together and share our thoughts on this.

:thumbsup: I'm sure we'd have lots in common and plenty to talk about!

We talk on the phone 4-5 times/day, usually pretty briefly about day-to-day stuff. Our quality time is after the kids go to bed, we usually sit around and watch TV and talk until we go to bed. We've been making more of an effort to get a babysitter every couple weeks or so for an evening to ourselves. Quality time is tough to come by when you have small kids and it becomes so easy to get exhausted and lose touch with each other and make each other miserable.

Webcam..... :cry:

T-minus 45 days and counting until the :wub: and :thumbsup:!!!

:thumbsup: Right on, AirRam.

One of my favorite things to do with Torridjoe is to play music with him. We sing and play guitars. It's fun.

But mostly, our quality time is spent as family time with the kids.

a lot of time is chewed up right now with a new baby (8 months old). but when the 2 older kdis go down, and baby is down, we usually hang out and do something together...during the week, its watching TV, a movie, playing poker, something like that. we have a standing baby sitter, so we get out 2 late nights every month, some months 3 or 4 times. but we always ahve at least 2 dates a month. time with my wife is sacred to me. i know they say you are supposed to love your kids more than anything, but my wife is right up there with them. no offense to anyone in here, but she's the greatest woman ever. we of course have our own interests, but we do a ton of stuff together also, and actually ENJOY each other's company. :)

ohyeah, and s-e-x 5 times a week has to count as quality time as well... :wub:

a lot of time is chewed up right now with a new baby (8 months old). but when the 2 older kdis go down, and baby is down, we usually hang out and do something together...during the week, its watching TV, a movie, playing poker, something like that. we have a standing baby sitter, so we get out 2 late nights every month, some months 3 or 4 times. but we always ahve at least 2 dates a month. time with my wife is sacred to me. i know they say you are supposed to love your kids more than anything, but my wife is right up there with them. no offense to anyone in here, but she's the greatest woman ever. we of course have our own interests, but we do a ton of stuff together also, and actually ENJOY each other's company. :pointstosky:

ohyeah, and s-e-x 5 times a week has to count as quality time as well... :blink:

great post! for you and the wife.

One of my favorite things to do with Torridjoe is to play music with him. We sing and play guitars. It's fun.

But mostly, our quality time is spent exhaustively arguing over trivial things.

:blink:

But mostly, our quality time is spent as family time with the kids.

oh, how sweet! i wish i could send you guys on a trip to fiji!

We go to friends houses to hang out and go out to dinner with eachother.... We also email back and forth through out the day and call or met eachother for lunch, but other then that we like to have quality time with our friends or alone too.

your gift!

Webcam..... :D

T-minus 45 days and counting until the :wub: and :first:!!!

What's in 45 days?

I spend a lot of time with my wife, I am not sure if it is all quality time. We watch TV and movies together. We go out occasionally. My wife is in school and works during the day and I work midnight shift so sometimes it is kind of hard to spend "quality" time together but we do our best.

Two weeks of mid-tour leave! Fock yeah!!!

:banana:

Where are you? I know you said before but I dont remember.

I remember getting my month long mid tour from Korea. One of the best months of my life......

(keep in mind we both work days)

* monday - golf 2gether in a couple's league

* tuesday - 2gether all night, i cook dinner

* wednesday - she's in a women's league, i play with the guys - no time at all

* thursday - usually yard work night, 2gether all night

* friday - 2gether all night

* saturday - we're at the course all day, playing 2gether and apart

* sunday - see saturday

to sum up, quite a freaking lot....... :banana: :banana: :huh:

Where are you? I know you said before but I dont remember.

I remember getting my month long mid tour from Korea. One of the best months of my life......

The Terran Toilet Bowl known as Afghanistan. I love the leave policies: Air Force = 1 month.....Army = 2 weeks. Why, ow why, didn't I take the blue pill? :thumbsup:

I fart under the covers and pull the sheet and blanket over her head. She loves it.

Workin' away from home I usually get home every 4 to 6 weeks for 4 to 6 days. Try to phone every 7 to 10 days and get out at least once while I'm home. #1 concubine (changes yearly) are a pain in the a$$ though. They want to be phoned every other day, take me to ..., lets go to ... :o If they are going to date married men why can't they learn their place.

Now, No job, home every day doing chores, cooking suppers, etc.. Don't need a #1 concubine. Life is good :lol:

What's my prize ??

I really want a Yacht

When I am traveling we usually talk 4 or 5 times a day. Always a phone call in the morning and before bed. When I am home we are usually running kids everywhere but we try to go out to eat together at least once a weekend. Every 4 months or so we take a long weekend to Tunica or Branson to share some "quality" time.

The Terran Toilet Bowl known as Afghanistan. I love the leave policies: Air Force = 1 month.....Army = 2 weeks. Why, ow why, didn't I take the blue pill? :lol:

Well, good luck over there man, hope you get home safe real soon, for good, not just for leave. :lol: