Sign in to follow this  
iforgotmypassword

crotchery... worth grabbing off the wire?

So crotchery is on the wire. 186yds and two tds in 2 games.

I have holt, driver, walker and Bryant on my team already.

Is it worth it do drop my backup QB (kitna) to see if he's worth anything? Moreso just to hurt opponents than anything else...

I suppose, phrased differently - what do you think of crotchery's value going forward?

Who knows at this point, Pennington has looked better than anyone expected so far and I guess he is as good as Chad's shoulder. I like to use the hurt the other team strategy or atleast get trade bait, but unless your other QB is great and has no bye week I probably wouldn't bother with it yet. I don't think that a lot of people will see him as a legit target week in and week out.

Either way you'll probably be fine though I doubt that you would start him over those others at any point.

I am really high on this guy, as well as Colston for NO. But at what point do you draw the line at WR to pick up one of these guys? For instance the only players I would consider to drop would be Dieon Branch, D.Bennent, or Trent Green (starter is Warner). I am not sure I would drop any of those players for Jerrico. :rolleyes:

I am going to try and dump Lee Evans for him. So buck up Evans owners as soon as he is off my roster he will totally kick a$$.

I think Cotchery has a lot of value--two TD's in 2 games, and another called back due to a flag. I also think it's likely you can pick up a QB equal in value to Kitna to cover your bye week, so I'd put in a claim for him. I'm sure a lot of people will say his TD yesterday was a fluke, but you have to like his athletic ability and the number of targets he's getting.

I am going to try and dump Lee Evans for him. So buck up Evans owners as soon as he is off my roster he will totally kick a$$.

:blink:

I own both Cotchery and Evans.

you do know that Lee Evans had a sure 50yard TD catch yesterday right up until the defender mauled him resulting in a pass interference call? the next play was a short TD pass to Lee Evans.

you do know that Cotchery's 71yd TD was a fluke/freak play? He caught a mid-length pass and was tackled by two players... but somehow landed on top of one of the tacklers instead of hitting the gound. Cotchery got up and ran about 60 yards untouched.

not saying whether dropping Evans for Cotchers is a good move one way or the other. Just saying that the stats don't tell the whole story. Evans and Cotchery's numbers could have easily been reversed yesterday.

I think he's worth a shot. His schedule doesn't look all that bad

Yeah, I'm looking real hard at the last two games before FF playoffs begin, against Houston and at Green Bay. That TD catch yesterday was raw talent and a lot of heart, two things that'll take a WR reciever far in this league. Reminds me some of A Boldin, but without the speed. Though it's probably a no brainer, I just picked him up as my number four by dropping Burleson.

:pointstosky:

I own both Cotchery and Evans.

you do know that Lee Evans had a sure 50yard TD catch yesterday right up until the defender mauled him resulting in a pass interference call? the next play was a short TD pass to Lee Evans.

you do know that Cotchery's 71yd TD was a fluke/freak play? He caught a mid-length pass and was tackled by two players... but somehow landed on top of one of the tacklers instead of hitting the gound. Cotchery got up and ran about 60 yards untouched.

not saying whether dropping Evans for Cotchers is a good move one way or the other. Just saying that the stats don't tell the whole story. Evans and Cotchery's numbers could have easily been reversed yesterday.

The only thing I would add to this is that Chad has looked a lot better than Losman thus far...understanding the competition they have each played against thus far could also be the difference. :first: I know both are on the wire in my league but I don't think I'm in a position to consider dropping one of my other WRs for either one.

The only thing I would add to this is that Chad has looked a lot better than Losman thus far...

agreed.

BUF has a running game.

NYJ do not.

Cotchery is being targetted more than Evans and that won't likely change.

Thinking about it in one league...moreover to block the Owens owner whose other WRs are terrible.

Guess Im going to cut bait on Mi. Clayton...had hopes for him this year coming back...but not looking good right now.

Its either him or I Bruce.

Yeah, I just dropped Keenan McCardell to pick him up. My spider senses tell me that he's a flash in the pan, but I could be wrong.

I might be able to package him in a trade before Pennington gets injured again.