Sign in to follow this  
cbfalcon

Does Tom Petty have Lou Gehrig's disease?

They just reported on the radio, that the rumors are everywhere that he has LG's disease and is about to call it quits musically. But they empahisized "UNCONFIRMED"

I guess this was the big buzz last night at the Austin City Limit's Festival last night where Petty was headlining.

I don't have a link. Can't find one.

anyway, sad if true.

Not sure what LG's disease does to you but saw him a couple months ago in Denver and he looked fine. I also just got E-mail from his website about tickets going on sale for his Sucramento show so he doesn't seem to be slowing down. Searched google news and couldn't find any mention of the disease, just his shows and reviews and stuff. If he does have it that would suck though.

Not sure what LG's disease does to you but saw him a couple months ago in Denver and he looked fine. I also just got E-mail from his website about tickets going on sale for his Sucramento show so he doesn't seem to be slowing down. Searched google news and couldn't find any mention of the disease, just his shows and reviews and stuff. If he does have it that would suck though.

Lou Gehrig's disease is an unstoppable disease that weakens muscles. With my dad, it started with a limp, then he needed a walker, then he needed a wheelchair, then the muscles in his throat restricted and he passed. That took about two and a half years.

Some people live over a decade with ALS (Steven Hawking), some live a matter of weeks after being diagnosed.

GB Tom Petty.

Hopefully it's just one of those rumors that gets floated and people start picking up on it.

Kind of like when everyone was claiming Zack Morris died in a car crash.

i can see him saying "Today (..today..today) I consider myself (..self...self), the luckiest man (..man..man) on the face of the Earth." Of course in true Tom Petty fashion he will do it the same way he sings...without moving his lips.

alsoihopethisisnttrue