Sign in to follow this  
Bones40

Just traded S. Alexander away...should I shoot myself?

I'm addicted to trading, and it's worked out very well for me so far, I'm 2-0 and am the #1 points team in my 10 team league with my friends despite Alexander not doing well at all. I just traded Alexander and T. Williamson for Dunn and Burress. Give me some honest feedback. I think I'm still ok at RB with Dunn, C. Taylor, Edge and K. Jones and have a good WR core with Fitz, DJAX, Burress (now), A. Bryant and J. Cotchery.

Has anyone else jumped ship regarding Alexander? Am I an idiot? Does this belong in "A Little Help"? I'm not really asking for help, just wondering if I'm stupid for doing this deal.

He should have gone LT on the Cardinals, it kinda worried me that he didnt. Im startin to wonder if Hutch was that clutch, its still early so hopefully production picks up.

Doubt I would have made the trade this early, at least you got an upgrade in Burress. Nothing worth mentioning to your friends at the next Kerplunk gathering.

Hey, I'm all for this trade. You traded for proven performers in Dunn and Burress and I prefer to spread my risk among players (as you have here). Not many people make moves like this; takes guts. I have done the same thing in the past with (generally) favorable results, though usually not this early in the year.

I like the deal, and you're deep for when the injuries begin to pile up. Plus, I have though all along that Alexander was going to drop off anyways. He may not, but I like the move regardless.

your a dumbass! kiss your winning streak goob-bye!

Well, I like to gamble in FF. And the way I look at it is it's not like Alexander has chipped in much to my winning streak. I get the feature back on the best running team in football and one of the top performers at WR so far in Burress for a a guy in Alexander who is underperforming with a banged up O-line (not to mention he's the worst running back on my team so far) and a guy who I haven't even started yet. So really, my team is stronger because of this trade...the down side is that I'm basing all this off of 2 weeks of performances :mad:

I guess we will see whether I'm an idiot or a genius in the next month or so. And yeah, I think Alexander will start producing after week 4, but nowhere near what he did last year. He's gone from the Big three to a good top tier back.

You probably could've gotten more for Alexander, even with his weak showing so far.

That's what I thought too, until I shopped Alexander to every person in my league over the phone and this was the best deal I could get.

Well, I like to gamble in FF. And the way I look at it is it's not like Alexander has chipped in much to my winning streak. I get the feature back on the best running team in football and one of the top performers at WR so far in Burress for a a guy in Alexander who is underperforming with a banged up O-line (not to mention he's the worst running back on my team so far) and a guy who I haven't even started yet. So really, my team is stronger because of this trade...the down side is that I'm basing all this off of 2 weeks of performances :mad:

I guess we will see whether I'm an idiot or a genius in the next month or so. And yeah, I think Alexander will start producing after week 4, but nowhere near what he did last year. He's gone from the Big three to a good top tier back.

If you think Alexander wouldn't produce as well as Dunn down the stretch, then it would be a good trade because everyone has different predictions on what will happen throughout the season. Everyone is quickly grabbing Colston faster than krispy kreme donuts off the waiver wire and this guy didn't go drafted in any of my leagues. Just shows how unpredictable things are from week to week. But personally, I wouldn't have done that trade, I know I would've gotten more than Dunn and Burress. But it depends on your league.

I'm addicted to trading, and it's worked out very well for me so far, I'm 2-0 and am the #1 points team in my 10 team league with my friends despite Alexander not doing well at all. I just traded Alexander and T. Williamson for Dunn and Burress. Give me some honest feedback. I think I'm still ok at RB with Dunn, C. Taylor, Edge and K. Jones and have a good WR core with Fitz, DJAX, Burress (now), A. Bryant and J. Cotchery.

Has anyone else jumped ship regarding Alexander? Am I an idiot? Does this belong in "A Little Help"? I'm not really asking for help, just wondering if I'm stupid for doing this deal.

I think it's a good trade. Seattle has loaded up at WR for a reason, although I'm only guessing it's because they are looking to throw more this year than last. It wouldn't be a bad idea on their part to reduce Alexanders touches a bit since they did sign him to the long term fat contract and should want to protect their investment. I doubt he'll achieve better than 1500 rushing yards and 15 - 16 TD's (I thought this before the slow start) and Dunn will manage the yardage. The additional TD's from Burress over what Williamson would have done helps replace some lost TD's between Dunn and Alexander and additional receiving yardage from Burress cuts the points gap even closer. Overall, I think you should end up with maybe a few less points but will gain more consistency.

Hey, I'm with you man!

I made the same type of deal. Alexander and Kennison for Willie Parker/Fitzgerald but I got him to throw in a rb with upside in Brandon Jacobs.

Now im dealing Foster and Jacobs for Eli Manning. Overall i think my team has gotten better.

I now have Eli, Dunn, Gore, Willie Parker, Fitzgerald,Tery Glenn, Antonio Gates, Wilkins, jags D

before i had Delhomme, Alexander, Dunn Gore, Glenn, Kennison, Gates, Wilkins, jags d.

Anytime you can get 2-3 starters for one player i say go for it. Especially cuz shaun is looking pretty mediocre so far...

That being said i am 0-2. so what the hell do i know...

Alexander is a td machine even if they have some o-line issues the passing game opens things up and spreads the D out so he should still do good but not as good as last year. Should probably get around 15 tds I think but less yardage now that his pockets are fat and the o-line isn't as good as last year. I've never really liked SA or drafted him but I wouldn't trade him for anything less than 1 of the big three.

Remember, you *buy* low, you don't *sell* low. I think you broke that general rule, and the fact that nobody would take SA at a reasonable price should have been a dead giveaway. You also bought high on Dunn (who I own) and Burress, IMO.

In 2 months perhaps you are a genius...bump it if so :D

My initial reaction was that you shouldn't shoot yourself only because it would be too quick and painless a penalty for trading Alexander, but on the other hand, getting Burress is likely to be a good addition--despite his inconsistency--and Dunn is a very good back in a yardage league, plus Alexander has to go against the S.D. defense in week 16 (in the event that's your Super Bowl week.) Overall, though, I wouldn't have traded Alexander so soon out of the gate, so at a minimum chop off the arm that pulled the trigger on that trade. At the same time :huh: to you for taking a risk--in my league, trades occur about as often as Republicans voting to increase welfare benefits.

Another owner just offered me his Peyton Manning & Julius Jones for my SA & Jake Delhomme (the idiot also drafted Carson Palmer; my other RBs are BWB, Kevin Jones & Norwood). Even w/ Delhomme sucking ballz, and SA not being the beast we expect of him, I still said no... I am hoping KJ has a good game sometime during my lifetime so I can trade him to someone desperate for a 2nd RB...

I made the same type of deal. Alexander and Kennison for Willie Parker/Fitzgerald but I got him to throw in a rb with upside in Brandon Jacobs.

I like that trade ALOT even after willie parker's dismal performance last night. Jacobs does have LJ-like potential, but Tiki always stays healthy, so he will have minimal impact this year....

At this point, sans Hutchinson, and more O-line problems, I think Willie parker is slightly lesser value than Alexander, but Fitz potential is through the roof

While I'm not the biggest Alexander fan, in a bad year he gets 15 TD's and 1300-1400 yards.

This is not the greatest move, but I'm not sure what your WR corp looked like.

Dunn is solid but doesn't score, and Plax is solid but inconsistent.

You downgraded your RB, and upgraded slightly at WR.

oh well

Remember, you *buy* low, you don't *sell* low. I think you broke that general rule, and the fact that nobody would take SA at a reasonable price should have been a dead giveaway. You also bought high on Dunn (who I own) and Burress, IMO.

In 2 months perhaps you are a genius...bump it if so :)

<_< Wisdom. You somehow managed to do ok. Last year I bought SA at a low value after week 3 or 4 I forget and rode his wave all season. He maybe down now, but his schedule is to good to ignore, and his coach will get this thing turned around. You did not do bad, but you gave up the best (most proven)player in the deal.

Remember that scene in The Grinch movie when

Jim Carrey(The Grinch) says

"I'm an idiot"

.... and the echo says...

YOU'RE AN IDIOT!

:unsure:

I am in the same place as you with Alexander. I am inclined to accept an offer made this morning. I give alexander and Kurt Warner. I get Chad Johnson and Eli Manning. I am shy about pulling the trigger. Would you do this?

qb warner, grossman

rbs alexander, gore, k. jones. barlow

wr glenn, r. moss, galloway, bennet

te winslow, desmond clark

k viniterri, gould

d/st chicagoNE

:thumbsdown:

I am in the same place as you with Alexander. I am inclined to accept an offer made this morning. I give alexander and Kurt Warner. I get Chad Johnson and Eli Manning. I am shy about pulling the trigger. Would you do this?

qb warner, grossman

rbs alexander, gore, k. jones. barlow

wr glenn, r. moss, galloway, bennet

te winslow, desmond clark

k viniterri, gould

d/st chicagoNE

I wouldn't make that trade even if the other guy tossed in Sandra Bullock (ok, maybe I would as long as she could be a "keeper"). Do you really want to be in a position of having to start Barlow in bye weeks, not to mention tossing Alexander away after only 2 weeks? In my opinion, you'd be drastically reducing the weekly points of your RB's and only marginally increasing the weekly points of your WR's. I probably should have gone with my instinct that this comment was a fishing expedition, but since it's your first post, I decided to err on the side of being nice. :D

Your team was already strong at WR, so you didn't really gain anything there...unless you have to start 4 wideouts every week or something. Meanwhile you downgraded at THE most important position in almost any format, RB1. If your problem was lack of production out of your #1 back, why would you go out and downgrade there via trade? :thumbsdown:

Classic case of trading out of impatience. You may feel better looking at your roster and the stats from the from the past 2 weeks, but long term this was a bad move for the rest of the season. Alexander is a notorious slow starter. He will have another huge year, as always, and provide you with the one thing Dunn doesn't....TDs...and LOTS of them.

Don't get me wrong, your team is still strong. But it would have been stronger with Alexander over Dunn IMO.

Not trying to pile on, just giving you honest feedback.

I wouldn't make that trade even if the other guy tossed in Sandra Bullock (ok, maybe I would as long as she could be a "keeper"). Do you really want to be in a position of having to start Barlow in bye weeks, not to mention tossing Alexander away after only 2 weeks? In my opinion, you'd be drastically reducing the weekly points of your RB's and only marginally increasing the weekly points of your WR's. I probably should have gone with my instinct that this comment was a fishing expedition, but since it's your first post, I decided to err on the side of being nice. :dunno:

Thanks for your advise. I really was not on a fishing expedition. I am some what of a rookie and sometimes the obvious goes by me. Thanks again. d

I still think you're nuts. I think people are puting too much into Hutch leaving also.

Granted Hutch is the man, but SA actually had a higher YPC rushing to the right side instead of rushing to the left (where Walter Jones, and Hutch play). The only part that is a bit worrisome is 19 of SA's 28 TD's were behind Hutch and Jones.

I still think it's way too early to over-react on SA. It's not like the guy is putting up Cadi-like numbers. The whole team is just off to a slow start. Once things start clicking SA will be huge. Even if SA ends up with 1400 and 15 TD's he's a top 5 back in most scoring formats.

I think Troy and Plex will have the same numbers.

So you basically traded SA for Dunn. We all know Dunn is a yardage machine but gets few TD's compared to SA who gets all the GL carries...

Good Luck with that. :doublethumbsup:

I drafted Williamson in both my leagues and I am not trading him. People are offering me bums for him and it looks like he might be a nice sleeper pick this year. He is being targeted and thrown to quite often. Over 100 yards last week.

I think you made a terrible trade. Alexander is better than Dunn and Williamson might surprise everyone this year. He will at least be adequate and Burress is overrated.

So you basically traded SA for Dunn. We all know Dunn is a yardage machine but gets few TD's compared to SA who gets all the GL carries...

Too bad Mack Strong got the goal line carry TD last week....Big fat contract = lower than expected performance.

Bad trade. Aside from what everyone else mentioned, the Giants still play in a tight division and have a tough schedule, so I'm not convinced Eli will be conistent enough to make Burress a solid #1 receiver on your team.

now is the time to trade FOR sa....

he wont get 28..he could still get 20 and he gets them in bunches...you will kick yourself when sa faces weak teams 3 out of every 4 weeks...

hutch IS worth all of the talk..hes one of the best...its why chester taylor will run wild all year..look at OT..hutch crushed a guy and that hole ws huge..hes big time..

womack cant stay healthy anyway..but i think seattle has the D to keep the ball in a good area and the O to get the ball close to the 3..last week having mack score was just a once in a blue moon thing..and Mack is a reason to keep sa as well..he couldve retired but didnt..that was a move that no one talks about...

mack and morris keep the chains moving...