Sign in to follow this  
Perennial Contender

Vikings 34 Bears 3

Bears faced detroit and GB and killed them, both bad teams.

i think the bears will be in more of a shock faing a defense that the vikes have and will not start off strong. the vikes have played two good defenses and carolina is a great defense in my opinion.

having a coach with brains is helping minnesota alot. and our o line is still gellin like magellan. so i think it will be a close game, and vikes at home i have to give them the edge.

vikings 20 bears 17 OT field goal to longwell :banana:

Carolina's defense is so good they have allowed nearly 200 yards per game rushing.

And its not as if the VIkings did alot...they scored 6 points against the defense in regulation...with their lone TD coming on a fake FG.

Bears faced detroit and GB and killed them, both bad teams.

i think the bears will be in more of a shock faing a defense that the vikes have and will not start off strong. the vikes have played two good defenses and carolina is a great defense in my opinion.

having a coach with brains is helping minnesota alot. and our o line is still gellin like magellan. so i think it will be a close game, and vikes at home i have to give them the edge.

vikings 20 bears 17 OT field goal to longwell :banana:

famous last words.

you are completely over-estimating the vikings. to be expected, i guess.

Da Bears can only beat themselves in this one. If both teams play mistake free football, the Bears will roll. Defense and field position win games and no ones D comes close to Da Bears except Baltimore.

Da Bears - 16

Minnesota - 7 Final

What happens when a 36you qb, a perenial backup rb, a patchwork o-line and a squad of noname wr's play the best defense in football?

Answer: Bears 28 Vikes 6 :(

Just curious if Grossman has ever played an important game in that building?

Important why? Because if the Vikings win, they are both 2-1. Think the Vikings fans don't know that?

Minnesota fans will make his life miserable. It's crazy how loud that place can be. Ask Favre (through his whole career) how fun it is to play there. Grossman doesn't have anywhere the skills or proven leadership.

The Bears better run the ball, and hope they do it well.

This coming from an NFC central fan :cheers: . I was a bit disappointed by the first two week debacles against the Bears, and they really aren't that overwhelming on O. Better than last year with Grossman yes, but great, nope, not even better than Carolina.

If the Bears can't generate a sack fest, then Johnson will get his. He's a veteran and patient superbowl winning QB, and Grossman is???

It will be interesting to see if the fans can keep the Vikings D inspired for 60 minutes.

The Bears have a gift schedule bringing all the tough, out of division teams into thier house (except the Pats).

Longwell wins this game..... again. He's done it before to both teams...

Important why? Because if the Vikings win, they are both 2-1. Think the Vikings fans don't know that?

Um, they're both 2-0 now. Whoever wins will be 3-0, the loser will be 2-1.

Minnesota fans will make his life miserable. It's crazy how loud that place can be. Ask Favre (through his whole career) how fun it is to play there. Grossman doesn't have anywhere the skills or proven leadership.

This coming from an NFC central fan :cheers: . I was a bit disappointed by the first two week debacles against the Bears, and they really aren't that overwhelming on O. Better than last year with Grossman yes, but great, nope, not even better than Carolina.

If the Bears can't generate a sack fest, then Johnson will get his. He's a veteran and patient superbowl winning QB, and Grossman is???

It will be interesting to see if the fans can keep the Vikings D inspired for 60 minutes.

The Bears have a gift schedule bringing all the tough, out of division teams into thier house (except the Pats).

Roy?

Roy Wiliams?

Roy Willams is that you? :huh:

This coming from an NFC central fan :dunno: . I was a bit disappointed by the first two week debacles against the Bears, and they really aren't that overwhelming on O. Better than last year with Grossman yes, but great, nope, not even better than Carolina.

If you are going to call yourself a NFC Central Fan then you need to watch a few more bears games before you open up your mouth.

I cant wait to come back to this post when DA BEARS defense RIPS apart that unknown 2 lucky game offense. All the experts know....i live in chicago, i know it....bears D DOMINATES!!!

By the way, what important game did Brad play in that stadium???

GO BEARS BABY!!!! :lol:

JBetter than last year with Grossman yes, but great, nope, not even better than Carolina.

Better than Carolina without Steve Smith right now...yes they are.

When your kicker has as many touchdowns as your quarterback after week 2, your team is in trouble. To top it off, the Vikes lose a key part of their defensive line. No offense for the Vikings means that defense is on the field for a long time.

Two TD's for Desmond Clark as the Bears roll 30-9...

I have to say I haven't been impressed by the Vikes offense. Yes, they've rushed for quite a few yards but the average isn't very good. Johnson has been sacked 6 times, the Bears have 9 sacks so far and, in my opinion, will add quite a few more this Sunday. The Bears D will be the best D the Vikes have yet faced.

Bears win, 23 - 13.

The fact that the Vikings have a lot of rushing yards, and a low average per rush is a great stat for their own defense. That means that they run a lot of plays and maintain off possesion of the ball, and the DEF sits on the side line while Da Bears are on getting tired on the field. That's why Chestor Taylor's yards per carry goes up so much in the fourth quarter.

It's going to a tough game for Da Bears. Grossman's play against the Tomlin-2. If he does well and doesn't turn the ball over, the Bears win. If he turns it over twice, Vikings win for sure, if once it's a coin toss, if not at all, the advantage goes to the Bears.

It's going to be a great game to watch.

Bears 13 Viking 9.

Bet the under. ( 34, I think ).

This coming from an NFC central fan :ninja: . I was a bit disappointed by the first two week debacles against the Bears, and they really aren't that overwhelming on O. Better than last year with Grossman yes, but great, nope, not even better than Carolina.

^This is a terrible post.... Where to start ripping this stupid post apart

"Because if the Vikings win, they are both 2-1." -- OK should we call NASA to calculate records for you or do you need a calculator....

"Minnesota fans will make his life miserable. It's crazy how loud that place can be. Ask Favre (through his whole career) how fun it is to play there. Grossman doesn't have anywhere the skills or proven leadership." -- Dude Favre sucks

"The Bears better run the ball, and hope they do it well." -- Great observation, hey do you think the Vikings should run the ball well too, or just the Bears.

"This coming from an NFC central fan" -- NO YOU ARE NOT A FAN AT ALL, you think if the vikings win then both teams will be 2-1, this makes you an idiot.

"If the Bears can't generate a sack fest, then Johnson will get his. " -- I predict if the Bears sack Johnson 113 times this game, the Bears will win.....

I can't go on anymore, pleae dont post about the NFC North anymore, stick to the AFC west.... I hear they have a fun RB in san diego to watch....

If Grossman plays like the Grossman of last year, this is a close one with the Bears having an edge because they have the best single unit out of either team in their defense.

:(

I expect a quality, hard fought game, but I think Chicago pulls away towards the end. Chicago is definitely better than the banged up Carolina team they barely beat last week.

:(

Nice game by both defenses. In the end, though, the Bears were able to make the plays to win the game.

As a Viking fan, I don't feel too bad about the loss. The Bears only led for barely 5 game minutes, whereas the Vikes led for 20+ game minutes. Also, the Vikes had a real chance of winning until the last minute, so I think they showed that they're a legitamate threat.

so... the bears and vikings played today?

:rolleyes:

Swamp puppy, you're a laugh riot. Can't wait for your comments leading up to a Lions-Vikings game.

Looks like the Vikings should have no trouble taking care of the Lions if the Pack was able to win in Detroit.

Looks like the Lions will be 0-for the NFC North this year.

So now why don't you go find a MLB board so you can talk up your Tigers, who by the way, haven't really done squat as of yet. They may be going to the playoffs, and yes, that's more than we can say for the White Sox this year, but remember the Sox won the Series last year. So if the Tigers don't win it all, I guess you can always go tuck in your child.

Well, I have to give it up to the Vikes. I didn't think their defense was that tough. But it the end it was still, Da Bears! :clap: :( :clap: :banana:

our o line is still gellin like magellan

I think quoting this absolutely horrible line from an absolutely horrible commercial was the negative karma that did the Vikings in. :(

The bad for Bears fans is that the game plan on offense was extremely suspect and the tackling on defense was embarrassing.

The good is that playoff teams have to be able to find a way to win tough road games with home cooking from the refs and find a way to win when they aren't playing their best and overcome their own mistakes. The Bears did both today.

Vikings did a great job of exploiting where Grossman is still raw in his development. He hasn't learned when to swallow the ball and he may be the worst QB in the league at throwing it away. The first one may have been a wrong route, but it was still an ill-advised pass where he apparently didn't see Smith. The second one was atrocious. Still, his confidence wasn't shaken and he looked like Week One and Two Rex when he needed to be late in the game.

Despite all the negatives, a huge win. Aside from the obvious standing implications of already having beaten every team in your division, including two on the road, a game like that humbled them (and hopefully the coaching staff realizing they need to establish the run again) w/o being a loss and coming from behind like that on the road is a good experience to have under their belt and will help their confidence.

He hasn't learned when to swallow the ball and he may be the worst QB in the league at throwing it away.

Nope :wall:

Second-worst, possibly :D

I think quoting this absolutely horrible line from an absolutely horrible commercial was the negative karma that did the Vikings in. :lol:

The bad for Bears fans is that the game plan on offense was extremely suspect and the tackling on defense was embarrassing.

The good is that playoff teams have to be able to find a way to win tough road games with home cooking from the refs and find a way to win when they aren't playing their best and overcome their own mistakes. The Bears did both today.

Vikings did a great job of exploiting where Grossman is still raw in his development. He hasn't learned when to swallow the ball and he may be the worst QB in the league at throwing it away. The first one may have been a wrong route, but it was still an ill-advised pass where he apparently didn't see Smith. The second one was atrocious. Still, his confidence wasn't shaken and he looked like Week One and Two Rex when he needed to be late in the game.

Despite all the negatives, a huge win. Aside from the obvious standing implications of already having beaten every team in your division, including two on the road, a game like that humbled them (and hopefully the coaching staff realizing they need to establish the run again) w/o being a loss and coming from behind like that on the road is a good experience to have under their belt and will help their confidence.

yup - it was ugly, but had several positives to take away. The inside pressure from the Vikes came all day and Grossman had trouble dealing with it. He made many great throws and many head scratchers. The WRs continue to play very well against a better D as did Clark until his injury, so this bodes well for the passing game going forward. At what point do we start to worry about the run game not producing? Is it TJ or is the line having a hard time run blocking?

The penalties were way too frequent and the pass rush wasnt as strong as it could have been. At one point in the game, they showed some Vikefan in the crowd who had actually ripped the head off of a teddy bear - that was just so wrong. :cheers:

Nice to see Rex come up big in the 4th quarter and Harris causing that fumble was obviously the play of the game - I thought we were done

3-0 and a huge test next week.

Da Bears! :angry:

Nice game by both defenses. In the end, though, the Bears were able to make the plays to win the game.

As a Viking fan, I don't feel too bad about the loss. The Bears only led for barely 5 game minutes, whereas the Vikes led for 20+ game minutes. Also, the Vikes had a real chance of winning until the last minute, so I think they showed that they're a legitamate threat.

Bottom line, the Bears went in to the house of the only division opponent that will be a challenge this season, and came out with a victory.