Sign in to follow this  
ggroovy17

Larry Johnson

Perhaps you haven't noticed but LJ has done well, Alexander has struggled, LJ is healthy, and Alexander is injured. You might want to hold on to Larry.

The offense is obviously struggling without Trent Green, is it time to move him if you could get Alexander?

"the rest of the year without Trent Green"?

You do know Green is coming back in a couple of weeks, right?

Besides, even if it were a season-ending injury, it would probably help LJ's numbers, since KC would be less prone to throw with Huard as their starter.

I'm not so sure Trent Green is coming back this year. The hit he took was the kind of hit that retires a player. From what I hear Trent can't even stand up without getting light headed. And he can't even through a football yet. The hit he took was very serious! I don't have any inside info on Trent Green. But I just think that if the doctors say he's alright (That's a big if), I'm not so sure he'll think he's alright to come back. I would imagine his wife has some serious concerns too. Also, isn't he 36 years old?

I'm not so sure Trent Green is coming back this year. The hit he took was the kind of hit that retires a player. From what I hear Trent can't even stand up without getting light headed. And he can't even through a football yet. The hit he took was very serious! I don't have any inside info on Trent Green. But I just think that if the doctors say he's alright (That's a big if), I'm not so sure he'll think he's alright to come back. I would imagine his wife has some serious concerns too. Also, isn't he 36 years old?

He can stand up without getting dizzy...as long as he does it slowly. Any quick movements and he gets dizzy. It's really not all that uncommon for the severity of the hit.

It's his first concussion, which makes a huge difference. It's not like Steve Young, who had multiple concussions. If they didn't expect him back this year, they'd have made a move for another QB, or at the very least, brought up Printers from the Practice Squad. Because right now, the RB Dee Brown is our 3rd QB.

Right now, it's simply wait and see. They aren't going to clear him to do anything (he's not even allowed to drive, and they wouldn't let him fly to DEN) until the symptoms completely subside. That just takes time.

It's really not all that different from a car wreck. You get your noggin smacked hard enough, and you'll be feeling it for a couple weeks. Then you slowly get back to normal, and it's like nothing ever happened. The biggest concern most people have is that it increases the chances of it happening again. But from what I understand, Green wants to play again this year...but everyone is playing it safe, and making sure he's ok before they'll clear him to do anything.

Yes, he's 36. But he relies more on accuracy than anything else. So that wasn't a concern going into this year, but it's also why they drafted Croyle.

Fixed :thumbsdown:

you probably haven't even watched a damn game this year :yawn:

The tackles did struggle against Cincy, but it was from the right side more than the left side. Better play from the line last week with Kevin Samspon returning to the starting lineup.

Also shadow, Printers was called up from the practice squad, i believe...

What made me feel good as an LJ owner lastw eek was that he played in a very tough place on the road, and although I did not watch the game, i am sure he faced his sahre of 8 men fronts, and still got 125+. I expect Herm to feed him the rock from here on out and this team will live and die with LJ. I expect 1500 yards and 15 tds, not exactly #1 overall #s but he should be near the top 3 for the year.

Sean A seems to be feeling the heat a bit from the lack of hutch on the line.

I think Sea may address this problem by adding more passing to the mix since thats where there best weapons lie, (ie see NYJ). I'd do a major hold on LJ.

if the draft were tomorrow, you would argue he is #2 and still the pick over SA and behind LT

if the draft were tomorrow, you would argue he is #2 and still the pick over SA and behind LT

Good point, if the draft were tomorrow I doubt I'd take LJ again with the #1 pick. Probably LT instead, followed by LJ and SA.

The guy gets 148 yds in week 1, and 167 yds in week 2, but because he doesn't have any td's yet everyone wants to dump him. :doublethumbsup:

That's because people's expectations were too high coming in to this season. Jeez, people be happy if this guy has 1300 yrds rushing and 12 TDs.

Also shadow, Printers was called up from the practice squad, i believe...

You're right, looks like they did that last Friday before the game. Odd, would've figured that might come out in the local media, had to search national sources to find it.

Seems that they brought in Bradlee Van Pelt on Wed too for a workout. :lol:

i got a bad concussion my sophomore year in HS in a pickup football game

i was in bed for 3 days (literally couldn't stand up) and was dizzy for over 1 1/2 weeks

even when i tried to throw and catch a baseball a couple weeks later i still hadn't regained my hand-eye coordination

but 3-4 weeks later i was good to go and played varsity hockey and baseball in the spring

i don't think it's a "career-threatening" injury by any means, especially since he doesn't have a huge history of conussions (like aikman or young)

i would be surprised if he wasn't back by week 6 or 7

Alexander Injured. Whats wrong with him. They have some o. line issues but he is fine i thought.