Sign in to follow this  
Christianquest

Bernard Berrian

I would say that if you have projections of him at 1,100 yards and 16 TD's (that is his current pace), then you will be disappointed. If you are looking for a guy with a hot hand and some nice matchups early on, then you will be fine.

I think that the Bears are going to have a hard time with the passing game as the weather gets a little colder. However, this week against the Vikes might not be a bad game for him.

i would tend to disagree. If you watched the game, several of the passes caught by Berrian were amazing. One, he dove about 7 feet and scooped up the ball right before his knee went down. Another, he leaped veritically through double coverage to come up with the ball. He is fast as all heck and he exhibited no signs of the bummbling problem he has had in the past.

i just picked him up. i believe he will be good. i'm looking for 15 points a week from driver & 8 - 10 from berrian IF grossman is for real now. around 100 points wins a good game in our league.

i would tend to disagree. If you watched the game, several of the passes caught by Berrian were amazing. One, he dove about 7 feet and scooped up the ball right before his knee went down. Another, he leaped veritically through double coverage to come up with the ball. He is fast as all heck and he exhibited no signs of the bummbling problem he has had in the past.

Well, if he puts up 1100 yards and 16 TD's, that is a little over 200 points during the season. Based upon last season, that would put him #2 overall at WR. I would say that you are going to have a hard time convincing me that he is a top 20 WR for the entire season, nevermind Top 2. It is all in your expectations. I will put him in the top 30 if that makes you happy.

Well I just picked him up after trading Housh for Crumpler, needed WR depth(dynasty league).

I'm not expecting much as I haven't hit Waiver Wire gold since about 97', but since he'll be backing up;

Chambers

Antonio Bryant

Meshawn

Wilford

Chad Jackson

I'll have a little time to see if he's a usable WR#3

Also, if your league gives bonuses for long TDs(this league +3 pts for +50 TDs), he can be a huge boost for bye week fillin.

Who knows, it all depends on Grossman, if coninues to look good, maybe Berrian will break my WW curse.

just picked him up and will use him this week over Troy Williamson at #3 WR. Those are my best choices this bye week. He probably will have good and bad days with Grossman. da Bears are mainly a running team.

He will get a big pay-day when his contract expires, stud in the making, imo...

Video evidence...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1immXWPTX1Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGjHN34REvw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMHadI37I9Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TWZhQO7UZo

Berrian has elite speed, good hands, and QB with an excellent deep-ball. He was a stud at Fresno(I think he was the main reason Carr was a stud there) and is finally healthy. He is probably a year away from being a consistent FF starter, due to Grossman's love of the TE and Moose, plus the excellent defense of the Bears, but he has all the tools.

Agreed, he's more than just a big-play guy. He's shown consistency with the routine stuff, too. No reason to think he won't be a very solid WR for many years, barring injury.

I hope he doesn't get in trouble with the NFL.

I was listening to Fox Sports yesterday and he was a guest. They were talking about the Bears offense and their renewed confidence. He said something to the effect of Oh, yes, we're very confident. I'm so confident now that I'm betting on the games! and he laughed.

:thumbsup:

The hosts joked and said Umm, yes, Bernard was obviously only joking. He was talking about Monopoly money, yeah, that's it. I sure hope the league wasn't listening today.

:angry:

Berrian is available on one of my $ leagues. I am really considering dropping Rod Smith for Berrian. Anyone think this is a smart move?

Im not saying he will not be productive.....But he is know for having BAD HANDS he drops alot of passes, This has been his biggest problem.

He is still avail on the ww in my league. I overlooked him and picked Reggie Williams, who is much more consistant with 14 receptions so far. :thumbsup:

Picked him up this week. Not starting him right now, but he may be in a rotation with R. Brown and B. Edwards for my number 2 WR spot. :ninja:

Chi-town homer here.......Berrian is a deep threat, he will get you yards, but dont expect a TD from him evry week. Grossman wont really look his way once they get into tthe red zone because we have such up and comming threats in TE Gilmore and Clark, also expect Moose to see alot more catches and some more red zone throws. Grossman has done an outstanding job spreading the ball around this year so far.......over all id say if grossman can KEEP doing what he did the first two weeks, then almost all the bears recivers would be of value.

GO BEARS!!! :wub:

I've always raved about his talent, but i think he's still a little too raw. I think next year he can possibly be 1,000 yard 7 TD guy, but not this year.

Berrian is available on one of my $ leagues. I am really considering dropping Rod Smith for Berrian. Anyone think this is a smart move?

I hope it's a great move. I did the same thing last night. I figure between Plummer's throwing picks and a concussion already for Rod, this is shaping up to be a bad year for Smith. I think Berrian puts up around 7 TD's and breaks 60 receptions for over 900 - 950 yards.

Kicking myself because I left my draft without taking either of the deep sleeper WR I had projected, Berrian and Cotchery.

Off season reports were that Grossman and Berrian had developed a great rapport, and that he'd be a critical part of their deep passing game. Haven't seen anything to disprove that. As for cold weather and better defenses, they'll certainly have some impact. But Grossman throws a good deep ball and that offense isn't afraid to take their shots down the field.

Sure am glad I went against my solemn vow not to take any big name WR (like Fitz & Wayne) and instead go for value with some of these other guys. I'm pretty smart up until draft night. :D

He will be inconsistent. The Bears simpy won't have to pass (amazing defense, big leads), or be able to pass (weather) in too many games..