Sign in to follow this  
Leonard Henry -2 Yds

"Buying Low" on Randy Moss

I just bought "low" on Randy Moss, traded Troy Williamson and Zach Thomas for him in an IDP league.

I felt compelled to based on his namesake alone. I dont believe he's the type of receiver that can be shut down over the course of an entire season, no matter what team he is on. It seems like a firesale for Randy Moss all over this board; are there any believers despite the team's poor offensive play, offensive line, and quarterback situation?

I completely agree on grabbing Moss from teams who hit the panic button way too early. Look at the Raiders schedule and no matter who is quarterback or how bad they are you are going to get value from how little you will give up to some of these panicky teams.

I have Moss and I'm not about to trade him for something that's not worth much. I might be foolish in the long run, but I'm not about to trade Moss for Colston straight up. If after 4 or 5 games Moss has yet to score then yeah maybe, but I'm not in the give away for nothing mode.

Moss Owner.

Chose him over Harrison, Boldin or Fitz in the 3rd round of our 12 team re-draft. Bad call. The Raiders so far have been the worst team I've seen in modern football history. The truly sad thing is the coaching. It will be a long season for Moss and Jordan owners. Especially because each will put up good numers for a few weeks or more this year. The problem is no one knows when those weeks will be.

I'm not trading Moss yet, his value is the lowest ever (unless you count when he was on I.R.). Look on the bright side. We know the Raiders will be thowing the ball a lot this year.

Wow. Abandoning Moss way too early. I plan on holding onto him, and I value him more than other WR's on my roster like Andre Johnson and Terry Glenn.

That said, if he hasn't shown signs of life after week 5 I'll be worried.

I just traded Moss/Jamal Lewis for LaMont Jordan/Javon Walker (before Walker had his big game). With TO as my other WR, I feel relieved.

I picked up Colston at 11:00 on Sunday the 17th and traded him on Tuesday the 19th for Randy Moss. He's too talented not to produce. He makes bad quarterbacks look great. Just look at Culpepper.

Maybe I was just seeing things - and he didn't have the #'s - but I liked the way Andrew Walter carried himself during the game he played. I think he's a quarterback.

The camera also cut to the sideline after a Raider possession and Moss was really talking to Walter intently like he actually thought the guy could get him the ball. It sure seemed like he was buying in to me.

I think Walter wins the job and the Raiders and Moss at least score some points and regain some pride whilst circling the drain the rest of the year.

I think you have to get him now, 3 of the next four weeks are against CLE, SF and Ari so he should start putting up some points.

I'm just not sure what to offer for him. My WRs are Holt, Driver, Coles, Bryant and Colston, RBs are LJ, JJ, Chester, Addai and Bell. I'd like to get another top WR so I can trade to upgrade at QB. What do you think I should offer?

I'm a current Moss owner, this guy in our Yahoo FF league put Chad Johnson on the trading block.. trying to see if he will bite. If he does, I'm gonna be doing the happy dance. :banana: :banana:

If Moss cant break out against the niners in Week 4, he wont break out all year. I drafted him 3.05 and I'm optimistic Walter can pull off a 3 step drop and get him the ball. The guy is still as talented as any other WR in the league.

I wouldn't panick either. I had Moss benched at the Baltimore game. When Brooks went out that game the backup came in and target Moss many times. This is when Moss became preductive. Unless you get a Chad Johnson or Reggie Wayne for Moss, I suggest to hold him. Moss is still young and too talented not to be decent. The Raiders are coming off a bye as well, which means many games for Moss to get back on track.

I still think that Moss will gather 1,000 yards and 6-7 TD. I am looking at the low end, and wouldn't be surprised if he got hot and exploded.

I was just offered ABryant, SMoss and Troupe (I'd be getting) for RMoss, ReWilliams and Watson (I'd be giving.)

If I did it my starting WRs would be Bryant, SMoss, Mason (plus Berrian to rotate in/out.) Unfortunately, that leaves me w/Troupe as my TE, which puts a big old hole in my lineup w/out much out there for me to fill it with.

I was just offered ABryant, SMoss and Troupe (I'd be getting) for RMoss, ReWilliams and Watson (I'd be giving.)

If I did it my starting WRs would be Bryant, SMoss, Mason (plus Berrian to rotate in/out.) Unfortunately, that leaves me w/Troupe as my TE, which puts a big old hole in my lineup w/out much out there for me to fill it with.

I think you gotta wait two more weeks before you take a trade like this. A couple things I believe you'll see:

* R. Moss will begin to produce more than what he has...increasing his value.

* S. Moss' value will hold steady.

* A. Bryant's value will start to decline...sure he's produced well but the guy is a walking explosion -- he's talented but there is a reason why teams cast him off so graciously.

* Troupe and Watson's value are going in opposite directions. The Pats will devise schemes in the coming weeks to get him the ball. Troupe is buried on that offense though.

I still think your current players will give you the best chance in the long haul. The great thing about Randy Moss is his name value...he always has value because people remember what he's done in past seasons versus what he may be doing in this one. Not many have the ability to score TD's in bunches from week-to-week outside of Randy Moss.

I dont know about Moss,BUT i think the Raiders O steps it up the rest of the season. IMO he is not the WR he once was but can still be a #1. I dont want anything to do with him because if you have him you have to start him and then regret it. Same with the other Moss..No thanks

I just traded away Moss as part of a huge deal in my keeper league.

I gave:

Moss, Chad Johnson, McGahee, Lundy and Colbert

I received:

M. Harrison, J. Walker, B. Westbrook, Betts and Jerome Harrison.

I've had Moss on this team since his rookie year and he has helped me win a few championships. It was hard letting him go. I didn't have much RB depth and thought Betts could help as a bye week fill in.

I just traded away Moss as part of a huge deal in my keeper league.

I gave:

Moss, Chad Johnson, McGahee, Lundy and Colbert

I received:

M. Harrison, J. Walker, B. Westbrook, Betts and Jerome Harrison.

I've had Moss on this team since his rookie year and he has helped me win a few championships. It was hard letting him go. I didn't have much RB depth and thought Betts could help as a bye week fill in.

One of the reasons I traded Moss is that I don't think he is the kind of WR that ages well. He is not a good route runner and relies alot on his speed. If he loses a step he won't be near the WR he was in his prime. Harrison on the other hand I can see producing solid numbers for five more years even though he is 5 years older than Moss. Harrison is a great route runner and he and Manning are always on the same page. Even if Harrison loses a step he can still be a great possesion receiver.

I want to know if I should drop evans for moss... i feel terrible not doing it... I mean... its Randy Moss... arguably the best set of hands the NFL has ever seen

If Moss cant break out against the niners in Week 4, he wont break out all year. I drafted him 3.05 and I'm optimistic Walter can pull off a 3 step drop and get him the ball. The guy is still as talented as any other WR in the league.

I will tell you with 100% certainty, Moss will not break out against the niners in week4......as Oakland plays the Browns in week4! lol

I think you have to get him now, 3 of the next four weeks are against CLE, SF and Ari so he should start putting up some points.

I'm just not sure what to offer for him. My WRs are Holt, Driver, Coles, Bryant and Colston, RBs are LJ, JJ, Chester, Addai and Bell. I'd like to get another top WR so I can trade to upgrade at QB. What do you think I should offer?

If I could get moss for colston like some other people have I would be very happy, colston schedule changes drastically now.

I just packaged him off to another team. Randy Moss/Maurice Morris/Jake Delhomme for Peyton Manning...

The other manger is hurting and he wanted to buy low. {by hurting I mean we start 3 RBs and his RB2 is Cedric Benson} I gave up three potentially good players, but since I have a nice RB/WR core...I think I sured my team up nicely.

VVV

I've said it 10 times, but I'll say it again.

before last weeks games I traded Warner and Fitzgerald for Dunn and Moss. Moss was on bye and I started Chris Henry :headbanger: