Sign in to follow this  
santa*69

Reggie Bush is a B U S T !

http://cbs.sportsline.com/columns/story/9773814

The media worm is turning on Bush. This was written before that horrible performance yesterday. If you are a 7th round pick what he did yesterday would get you on the practice squad.

I live in New Orleans and the fans are calling into radio station and coach starting to get questioned about his performance.

It is crazy he had a great draft and the one thing this draft is going to be known for is the total miss on Bush.

What a bust. If he would have played to his press clippings the Saints would be SB contenders. I think the second half of the season will be the media turning and eating this guys lunch.

2.6 ypc. I have seen every snap. He has broken one tackle all year. BUST Pac 10 trash. :blink:

hey I think Houston should draft Mario Williams.....

If I ever take nfl advice from santa - somebody please kill me....

:rolleyes:

Traded Bush and Bennet away for Chambers 2 weeks ago. From what I saw of Chambers today I think I got a steal :banana:

Now this is funny

I am still and idiot. I am still a moron and I still think this is true.

Nobody has done less with as many touches in NFL history.

Ready to take my beating again.

I am still and idiot. I am still a moron and I still think this is true.

Nobody has done less with as many touches in NFL history.

Ready to take my beating again.

You are a focking moron if you're talking about fantasy. Bush is one of the most consistent rb's in all the leagues I'm in and is top 5 in all of them. I could give a rats arse about his supposed lack of NFL ability when he keeps putting up 20+ points every week in my ppr leagues. And he has been plenty durable as well.

:cheers:

It never ceases to amaze me how quick some people are to label certain players "busts". Bush is 2/3 of the way through his 2nd year.

Here are the stats for the first three years of an unnamed RB.

+----------+-----+--------------------------+-------------------------+

| G | Att Yards Y/A TD | Rec Yards Y/R TD |

| 12 | 136 511 3.8 3 | 34 299 8.8 1 |

| 16 | 52 166 3.2 0 | 42 348 8.3 3 |

| 16 | 62 258 4.2 0 | 66 609 9.2 2 |

These numbers are worse than Bush's, so this pile of trash must have been a complete waste of time, right?

Luckily for the Giants, they showed patience with this "bust" - one Tiki Barber. It took him some time to adjust to the NFL game and develop the patience required to succeed, but I think he adjusted rather well, no? From his fourth year onward, he averaged roughly 5 yards/carry, and developed an underrated nose for the end zone. Given Bush's seemingly unlimited potential, I'm willing to give him a little more time to develop the same patience before crowning him as "the bust of the century".

Reggie Bush is performing quite well in PPR leagues. In fact, in my league (1 PPR), he is the #3 RB behind Westbrook and LT, and ahead of Addai and AD. Hardly a bust.

It is great that the guy catches a million passes that average 5 yards a catch. Very good for PPR leagues. But the guy was hyped as a once in a generation player. Footballwise, he is not in the same universe as the expectations lauded upon him. Can he get better? Sure. But Michael Vick was also supposed to easily be able to figure out how to throw in the NFL as the previous once in a generation player. Through 1 and 2/3 seasons, anyone who says he has been anywhere close to what he was hyped up to be is wearing PPR fantasy googles.

It is great that the guy catches a million passes that average 5 yards a catch. Very good for PPR leagues. But the guy was hyped as a once in a generation player. Footballwise, he is not in the same universe as the expectations lauded upon him. Can he get better? Sure. But Michael Vick was also supposed to easily be able to figure out how to throw in the NFL as the previous once in a generation player. Through 1 and 2/3 seasons, anyone who says he has been anywhere close to what he was hyped up to be is wearing PPR fantasy googles.

Seeing how the majority of leagues I've seen and play in are ppr I'd say Bush is a solid #1 rb in most peoples eyes. Bust is a term used for players like Alex Smith, Lenwhale White and Brandon Jackson (so far). Bush has been a solid player both NFL and fantasy wise and isn't a bust no matter how much hatred you have for the guy. I'll agree he was over-hyped into being a mega-superstar which he isn't but on the other hand he's a very good NFL back with a different role than most #1 rb's. So stop patting yourself on the back as you were wrong about the guy from the beginning and just hoped he would fail after his initial media pimping.

From a fantasy perspective, he has value in one of those lame PPR leagues, but very little in a regular league. In teh NFL, he is definitely a bust. He's still a good player, but not near the player he was advertised. He's good in a third-round-pick sorta way.

From a fantasy perspective, he has value in one of those lame PPR leagues, but very little in a regular league. In teh NFL, he is definitely a bust. He's still a good player, but not near the player he was advertised. He's good in a third-round-pick sorta way.

Yes Newbie anybody watched him yesterday believe it or not he is getting worse. He is a huge bust. Horrible. He may get benched if they don't get a good RB to actually run the ball.

Commentary: Odds were against The Play from the start

Bush is no star right now

07:38 PM CST on Monday, December 3, 2007

Jim Henderson / WWL-TV Sports Director

To second guess "the play" is the easiest thing in the world to do in hindsight. But with foresight, it should have been nearly as easy.

Jim Henderson

"The play"....the botched reverse that cost the Saints the game, any realistic chance at the division title, and quite possibly a play-off berth as well.

Any play call is only the right call if it works. That one didn't so it wasn't the right call, but the odds were too great that it wouldn't be. The risk was simply too great for the potential reward. On second and ten were the Saints likely to run for a first down when the longest run of the day against the stout Tampa defense had been 14 yards and the second longest it had permitted had been 4 yards?

“The play" required an exchange between Reggie Bush and Devery Henderson. The hands and judgment of both had proven suspect throughout the season. A botched exchange could result in a fumble - a fumble that the odds said would have been difficult for the offense to recover with so many defenders coming up-field and so many players on offense away from the ball and having their backs to it.

Tragically, that's exactly what happened.

At crunch time it is moreso the players than the play who win the game.

Sunday at crunch time it was "the play" moreso than the players who lost it.

Yes, it's up to the players to execute the play called.

But it was a play too risky to be called with so much on the line. And that should have been nearly as clear with foresight as it soon was in hindsight.

Sean Payton took the blame, as he should have. The players took the blame for their teammates' mistakes, as they should have. And Reggie Bush "took a powder" when it came to saying anything about anything, as he shouldn't have.

I remember in the first game this season with the Bucs in Tampa, Deuce McAllister had given up a crucial early fumble in the game that quickly became a rout. He sat patiently at his locker afterward, responding civilly to anyone's questions about it.

That's what pros do. That's what leaders do. That's what superstars do.

Reggie Bush is not a superstar. Right now he's not even a star. It may seem heretical for a Saint fan to admit that. But at this point in a season that's three-quarters over, there is simply too much evidence to the contrary.

He may eventually be both. But right now, he isn't.

He doesn't deserve special treatment and the truly great ones don't need it. It pains me to say that. But for too long I've thought that. And perhaps you have too.

For 59 minutes and 46 seconds Sunday I also thought the game was immensely entertaining despite its flaws with five lead changes until the sixth -- the Jeremy Stevens touchdown catch -- provided the final one.

That was after the Saints had more than shot themselves in the foot with the botched reverse. They'd blown that sucker clean off.

Apart from that, Mrs. Lincoln. How did you like "the play."

Saints proved it again today.

Anybody Anybody can get 12 catches in this offense. The difference is anybody with Talent Like Pierre Thomas can avg 12 yards a reception compared to Bush 5. Also he got 20 carries and got over 100 yards. If you watched this today you saw everything that Bush can't do. Overpayed, overhyped, Reggie Bush can never be a featured back in the NFL. As the No. 2 pick in the draft last year that makes you a huge BUST!!

Forget Fantasy, as a season ticket holder I would like him traded for a cornerback and a 2nd or 3rd round pick while he still has value.

Look what Stecker and Pierre Thomas can do as the starter in that offense.

PLEASE trade him for defensive help.

Saints proved it again today.

Anybody Anybody can get 12 catches in this offense. The difference is anybody with Talent Like Pierre Thomas can avg 12 yards a reception compared to Bush 5. Also he got 20 carries and got over 100 yards. If you watched this today you saw everything that Bush can't do. Overpayed, overhyped, Reggie Bush can never be a featured back in the NFL. As the No. 2 pick in the draft last year that makes you a huge BUST!!

:thumbsup:

Some people in New Orleans have to be concerned and nervous when a 32 year old retread and a completely unproven rookie both outperform a guy they spent a serious boatload on and called a franchise savior.

Pierre THomas looked like a real NFL running back today. Breaking tackles, catchin the ball. l live in new orleans so ive been wathcing this kid alot. he looked awesome in preseason. The Saints kept him instead of Antonio Pittman from Ohio State (which the saints moved up in the draft to get pittmann.) Thomas was an undrafted free agent and looked fantastic in preseason. Saints fans have been beggin for him to get playing time since Deuce went down. If Bush would just learn to run instead of trying to make people miss (sometimes defenders that arent even there, just juking for no reason) he'll be the RB that he's expected to be.