Sign in to follow this  
SoCalMakos

Alexander owners, what's the plan?

Good news I am leading 116 - 38 with my opponent having Vick, Bush, and Crumpler tonight.

Bad news, Alexander and Gore are my starting RBs. Looks like Gore is going to play next week but lose time to Robinson, and I should be 3-0 after tonight.

So what are you other Alexander owner going to do? Drop him or try and see if he can heal in time for the play-offs? You can spin anyway you want, this will be good for him and he will be well rested for the fantasy play-offs or a foot injury that will be with him all season. Just curious what are you fellow SA owners going to do?

It's wait and see mode for now. Handcuff Morris if you can.

But seriously, I didn't think the injury was so bad we should be talking about SA getting back in time for the playoffs. Or did I miss something?

He misses the Chicago game and then has his bye week, so those aren't big deals. I'm hoping he only misses 1-2 more games. But I'm 100% biased and hopeful.

LMAO, did you say drop him? WOW.. he's not out for the year man. And to be honest, I wasnt looking forward to playing him against Chicago anyways. This is why you draft rb rb rb. If you are 2 and 0 then you are winning without any production from SA anyways. Play your backup and hope for the rest. Me, I'm playing Kevin Jones and A Green or Jamal Lewis. I drafted Green and Lewis earlier than I should have but kind of glad I did now.

Just saw the news on MNF and JUMPED on Morris, will wait out the injury if he is to be back in time.

Well, I have both SA and Gore. Gore should be playing next week or soon. I don't worry about him because he is really just a #3 RB. Any other expectations are wrong, regardless of what he did in the first couple of weeks.

SA is out for at least two weeks (probably 4). Here is his schedule the next 4 weeks:

- @ Chicago

- BYE

- @ St. Louis

- MIN

If he misses 2 weeks, then there is NO problem. If he misses the St. Louis and Vikings games, then there is a possibility of missing out on a couple of great games. Since I can't get Morris (I hate handcuffing too soon), I am going to hope that I can weather the storm by going .500 during his absence (he has not been lighting it up anyway) and hope that he is ready for the 2nd half of the season.

I'm not convinced that Morris is the answer since even Alexander hasn't been all that great this year with his new blockers. I also have McGahee, Maroney and Kevin Jones so I feel ok at RB, just not as good. Is Jones-Drew still available in your league? He looked pretty good for the Jags and may take a lot of carries from Fred Taylor.

I also have Steve Smith. Looks like the injury year for this defending champ.

Like the others said, at least he was up next vs Chicago and then BYE. That takes the guesswork out of next week. Just hope he gets better and doesn't ail halfway through November.

Just saw the news on MNF and JUMPED on Morris, will wait out the injury if he is to be back in time.

Drop SA with no definite time frame for his injury is crazy?? It's not like the report came out that he tore his ACL and is being put on the IR. For all we know, he could miss the game against the Bears and be ready after the bye week.

Have lost SA,Gore and Dillon... :first:

If you think about it, SA will get 3 weeks rest before the ST. Louis game so I'm hoping for to come back then. Never handcuffed Mo cuz I didn't think he was worth it. It's noe like he's a M Turner...

Wait and see. Hope get him sooner than later obviously but I'll take what I can get. You can't trade him cuz you won't get what he's worth and you definately DON'T DROP HIM. ;)

Have lost SA,Gore and Dillon... ;)

If you think about it, SA will get 3 weeks rest before the ST. Louis game so I'm hoping for to come back then. Never handcuffed Mo cuz I didn't think he was worth it. It's noe like he's a M Turner...

Wait and see. Hope get him sooner than later obviously but I'll take what I can get. You can't trade him cuz you won't get what he's worth and you definately DON'T DROP HIM. :lol:

With the exception of your butchering of the English language, I acree wholeheartedly.

:first:

I'm going to try and defend what the poster said about dropping him. I hope he meant drop him from the starting lineup, not drop him from the team. I think he will be OK after 3 or 4 weeks, which is after the bye week. I will go with Portis and Julius Jones/Cadillac in one league, while the other league I will stick with Dunn, Jamal Lewis, Dillion combo where I only need to play one. Maybe I'll put Mushy in the flex spot with Holt and Fitz. This is why leagues are won in the middle rounds of the draft, not necessairily in the 1st! :first:

I have Maurice Morris but will not start him this week until I see what I can do. I have Dillon/Maroney, so that is good news that Dillon is hurt because I think Maroney can put up huge numbers. I also have Deshaun Foster and was encouraged that he received most of the carries and looked much better now that Steve Smith is in the lineup. I also have Jones-Drew and MBIII so at least I have RB's with a pulse.

I picked up morris.

So next week I have to choose between deshaun (underperforming) foster and Addai (random good /random bad) rookie.

because I don't want to run morris his first week agaisnt chi town.

How are some of you guys right away jumping on Morris? Don't you have a waiver wire in your leagues?

Worst team gets first pick and so on and a claims period?

Not necessarily - in standard Yahoo leagues, for example, you have to pay the extra $124.99 for "Plus" or whatever for the league to have a post-kickoff waiver period.

In the free, non-upgraded leagues, there's a waiver period with a customizeable timeframe only for players who are dropped by someone. Otherwise, even 10 minutes into the weekly games, it's FFA on free agents.

A guy I hate in my main $$ league drafted Mo Morris in the 12th freakin' Rd (of a 17 RD draft) just to spite me. I mean, why take the backup of a guy who had started something like 90 consecutive games? B/c of the Madden curse is why!!

Anyway, my RB depth sucks (I basically only have Norwood; not much beyond the 3rd stringers available on the WW)--last week I traded Kevin Jones away in a package that netted me carson Palmer. My other starting RB is Westbrook, who'll I'll need to produce big time; & my TE is LJ Smith, so obviously I need the Philly offense to keep rolling. I am currently carrying 3 QBs (Palmer; Delhomme & Vick) b/c of the trade last week.. I offered another owner (whose QBs right now are Bledsoe & Simms; & who has greqat RB depth--LJ; F Taylor; D Foster; Gore) my Vick for his Fred Taylor straight up. If he doesn't accept, I'll be placing a large bid on someone like Michael Robinson or Harrison from Clev just to have a warm body, and I'll try to ride this out on the backs of Palmer, BWB & LJ Smith. Oh yeah, my WR corps is deep, but no true #1: An Johnson; M Muhammad; Keyshawn; G Jennings; Wilford...sorry for writing this book...I'm so pissed at myself right now for not grabbing a scrub RB off the wire before week 1...

How are some of you guys right away jumping on Morris? Don't you have a waiver wire in your leagues?

Worst team gets first pick and so on and a claims period?

We have no waiver wire in my money league. All players not on a roster or just considered free agents, but for every transaction (add, drop, trade) there is a $5 transaction fee. Makes you think twice about just grabbing anyone off the "wire". Last year, we had a guy run up a $350 transaction debt. Sucked for him because he lost in the 1st round of the playoffs and didn't see any winnings.

I put Alexander on IR and snagged Morris but don't really want to start him against the Bears rush D. The Hawks Oline hasn't looked to good run blocking so far, my other options are Maroney or Addai to start as my 2nd back behind Westbrook. I guess Maroney is my guy and heres to hoping Dillon doesn't play at all this week so Maroney can convince Bill that he should be the man and let Dillon spell him occasionly!!! :clap:

I hope Morris can make up for the loss of Alexander. Maybe he will get more recptions and screens.

What about Mack Strong?

He had more yards on less carries than M.Morris yesterday.

I know that doesn't mean too much, but could it be enough to solidify himself as a part in a RBBC?

Let's face it Shaun hasn't been exactly a stud this year. So maybe Morris will struggle with the job too.

I'm gonna IR him and pick up Morris (if I can). I won't be able to play him until week 8, but I figure he'll probably be out that long anyway.

In every league I'm in, we use a blind bidding system to pick up free agents instead of a priority waiver wire... In 2 of the leagues we get "fantasy money", and can spend up to our season allottment...in the other league, we have to bid real money (which gets added to the end of season pot)... Makes me sick to my stomach thinking I may have to spend a decent chunk of fantasy $$ on a piece of crap like Ron Dayne..

Well, I knew this was going to happen. First off, even before he was hurt, he just wasnt running with much authority. Second, I just dont think Alexander loves the game. He has a ton of natural ability but he never seemed to love the game. He just had too many factors going aginst him.

1. Madden jinx

2. Superbowl hangover

3. Just got a fat deal

4. He is getting to "that age"

I picked up mo last night.....partly to dangle in front of the SA owner as trade bait & partly because you never know how long the injury will last.

One thing is for sure.........What do you think the bears are going to be focused on......Some back up running back...........or a 5 TD passer from last week with a great receiving corps????? Don't be surprised if Mo can put up 75/1 against Da Bears :D

I was honestly surprised someone didnt offer Seattle something for MoMo. I like the guy and I think he is extremely talented. Could be a nice play even against the bears.

I was honestly surprised someone didnt offer Seattle something for MoMo. I like the guy and I think he is extremely talented. Could be a nice play even against the bears.

I'm not sure about the play against the bears, but I really don't know where some get off saying he can't get it done. He's never had a real shot as SA has been healthy for an eternity. I believe in him and hope he can show the world what he can do in SAs absence. He deserves a shot, be it in Seattle or elsewhere.

JMO

Cheers

I'm not sure about the play against the bears, but I really don't know where some get off saying he can't get it done. He's never had a real shot as SA has been healthy for an eternity. I believe in him and hope he can show the world what he can do in SAs absence. He deserves a shot, be it in Seattle or elsewhere.

JMO

Cheers

Ahman green had 110 yards rushing against the Bears.

Kevin Jones had 6 Receptions against the Bears.

Chester Taylor 74 yards rushing against the Bears.

Not out of the question to think MoMo could put up some decent numbers.

Ahman green had 110 yards rushing against the Bears.

Kevin Jones had 6 Receptions against the Bears.

Chester Taylor 74 yards rushing against the Bears.

Not out of the question to think MoMo could put up some decent numbers.

here is the plan, sorry for those who read it already on the PINNED topic above...

Gentlemen, Sean Alexander owners....for those who have Mo. Morris or can grab him. The way the season works out, this can be just a bump in the road. Having Mo. Morris eases the pain significantly because their schedule is a joke. They are @ CHICAGO this week, which i didnt expect much, then they have their BYE week...two weeks down...here is the rest...

6- @ STL

7 - H Minn

8- @ KC

9- H Oak

10- H Stl

11 - @ SF

12- H GB

13- @ DEN

Who the hell made this schedule ? Someone wants the hawks to go 14-2. Maurice Morris can be extremely productive in this offense against these terrible defensive teams. No need to worry if you have Morris, if you dont then you have two weeks down scratching what would have been a likely lemon of a game at Chicago then a BYE week. The bone in his foot is a non-weight bearing bone and Holgrem was positive about him coming back in a month. I am more concerned about the Hawks being 5-0 or 6-0 going into week 7 or 8 and them giving Alexander additonal rest.

I'm 0-3 in two leagues with him so it's not like he was leading me to anything anyway. I'll pick up Morris for a few weeks in one league and in the other, I'm going commando. B)

Being a SA Gore owner, I have to fall back on fred taylor and tatum bell.

Now that tatum is on a bye, I got no idea what to do. WW in my league is so slim & no one trades or they overvalue's players.

Now I am like 11th on the waiver wire this week, great chance I won't even be able to get hicks or robinson and mo mo was drafted by another owner ( who is a co-owner with me in another league )

To give you an idea

Jones-Drew, Maurice

Strong, Mack

Robinson, Michael

Faulk, Kevin

Bryson, Shawn

Watson, Kenny

are the top 6 RBs on my waivers

:unsure:

Being a SA Gore owner, I have to fall back on fred taylor and tatum bell.

Now that tatum is on a bye, I got no idea what to do. WW in my league is so slim & no one trades or they overvalue's players.

Now I am like 11th on the waiver wire this week, great chance I won't even be able to get hicks or robinson and mo mo was drafted by another owner ( who is a co-owner with me in another league )

To give you an idea

Jones-Drew, Maurice

Strong, Mack

Robinson, Michael

Faulk, Kevin

Bryson, Shawn

Watson, Kenny

are the top 6 RBs on my waivers

:cry:

I am in the same boat. The problem that I have is that I also have crappy QB's (Bulger, Roethlisberger), so I am trying to fill in a bunch of gaps all at once. If we can weather this storm, we will be in good shape come the playoffs :unsure: