Sign in to follow this  
trojanting

Why is Drew Bledsoe sucking so bad...? seriously.

My faith is fading in Bledsoe. Was today's performance against the Eagles shitty because Bledsoe sucks, or because the Eagles' D-Line is that awesome at putting pressure, or a combination of both... I might keep him on my roster for next week versus the Titans, but that's about it. What's the outlook on Romo coming in?

Bledsoe can't avoid a heavy pass rush and makes horrible decisions even when protected. I thought he has sucked on the road within the NFC East, even going back to last year. Bledsoe seems to play better at home so next week if Parcells doesn't bench him, then he is a good play vs the Texans.

The recipe for bledsoe is mega blitz every down. Over the duration of a 60 minute game, he might burn you twice if they pick the blitz up well enough, but the upside will be atleast 2 turnovers, as well as all sorts of terrible passes. If everyone in the league would have stuck to this formula a few years back, bledsoe would be on a farm somewhere, far far away from football. The eagles are always blitz happy, so he'll always have his worst games against them. He needs to quit football already. The blueprint for disaster exists, not sure why all teams that play him don't employ it...

My faith is fading in Bledsoe. Was today's performance against the Eagles shitty because Bledsoe sucks, or because the Eagles' D-Line is that awesome at putting pressure, or a combination of both... I might keep him on my roster for next week versus the Titans, but that's about it. What's the outlook on Romo coming in?

Eagles D was ferocious yesterday and really banged him around. However, he does rattle pretty easily but yesterday he became unnerved and was brutal directly as a result of the Eagles D - pressure from the front 7 and great down field coverage.

I was going to start a thread about Who's with me, Drop Bledsoe like a bad habit. Then I noticed he plays the Texans next week at home. Parcells may make up my mind for me thou. I could see him cutting Drew completley off the team after that joke of a performance yesturday.

The thing is, if you've followed Drew at all during the course of his career, you'd know that there was no way in hell that he was going to bring the Cowboys back in that game yesterday. In fact, I predicted the turnover in the endzone. If it isn't an INT, it's a sack-forced fumble, or in one joke of a Bills game, a throw out of bounds on 4th down. The guy is about as unclutch as it gets.

The thing is, if you've followed Drew at all during the course of his career, you'd know that there was no way in hell that he was going to bring the Cowboys back in that game yesterday. In fact, I predicted the turnover in the endzone. If it isn't an INT, it's a sack-forced fumble, or in one joke of a Bills game, a throw out of bounds on 4th down. The guy is about as unclutch as it gets.

haha. When they got that pass inteference penalty, I was saying the same thing. How is he going to blow this one. I figured he'd just lose the ball on downs, but he 1 upped me!

Was today's performance against the Eagles shitty because Bledsoe sucks, or because the Eagles' D-Line is that awesome at putting pressure, or a combination of both...

The Eagles D is pretty good at getting pressure to anybody, even with the loss of Kearse. They knew that Bledsoe would crack under even a little bit of pressure so they were intent on doing that. But absent good pressure, Bledsoe can still pick you apart, especially with Glenn and Owens out there. I'd keep him around but only start him when the D matchup is right. He wouldn't be my starter.

I think it's a couple of things. A He's just gtting up there in age and has lost alot of instinct which made him a great player when younger. He stays waaaayyy too long in the pocket and seems oblivious to his surroundings when pressure arrives. B The man has cement for feet. Never ever been known as a scrambler and until he moves just a little around the pocket to give T.O. some time to find the right spot of get down field, T.O.'s numbers will suffer. It's frustrating to see him in the pocket because he just has no feet when pressure arrives. Think of T.O. succeses via the mobile QB, SYoung, JGarcia, DMcnabb. Bledsoe is the complete opposite. :banana:

I just wish Dallas would take a chance on Romo who is just more of an athlete in the pocket. Please start him!!!