Sign in to follow this  
thenewlibrahi2

Post your loses due to CBS this week here!

I actually pay to use CBS Sportsline for what? Remind me why? Couldn't log in to make lineup changes in the last few hours when I realized Miami was better at stopping the run than I thought. Now I got screwed, am playing the Ravens DST and will lose by probably 4 or 5 points. Plenty enough to win if I could have subbed in Thomas Jones or Fred Taylor.

Thomas Jones - 11 points (bench)

Fred Taylor - 20 points (bench)

LT - 6 points

Maroney - 3 points

FOCK ME! :banana:

Yeah I was having problems with them too but luckily I had my lineup set how I wanted it the day before. But I still lost.

The fact you started Maroney over Fred Taylor isn't CBS's fault...it's yours...

CBS screwed up cause they can't keep their site running at the most critical time... but no way should you have had Maroney in for Fred Taylor... thats your BAD

The fact you started Maroney over Fred Taylor isn't CBS's fault...it's yours...

CBS screwed up cause they can't keep their site running at the most critical time... but no way should you have had Maroney in for Fred Taylor... thats your BAD

You obviously didn't hear last week's news that Maroney is the new Tomlinson... :clap:

-R

A real league has rules in place for this sort of thing .

Example : Bills Fantasy website is down :headbanger: with only 20 min b-4 his line-up deadline , so he called up his commish and let him know of the change . Then he E-mailed the Guy he was playing . When the website came back on a half hour past the deadline . His Commish fixored his lineup for him . Before U know it Billy was winning his game :banana: Thanks to his league having a solid communication plan in place , all is Good in Bills world <_<

PS- Funny that we are discussing this subject on a website that never stays up in crunch time :pointstosky:

Ditto...Ditto...ditto

Having similar problems this year. Plus they are changing scoring at the last minute. Imagine thinking you won only to find out the next day they adjusted scoring by 1 or 2 points come Tue AM...might be official stat problems from NFL...but still frustrating.

Having said that...communication with the commish and other owners should cover you.

I was big defender of CBS on this site... up until two weeks ago. Then it started.

###### CBS. I called them and demanded a refund for the league I commish... and told the commish in the other league that uses it to do the same.

I wasn't able to sign in to CBS starting about an hour and a half before gametime the last two weeks. It cost me about 30 points in the total points race, but didn't effect any games... so far. Still waiting for the phone to ring...

Plus... for the last two weeks scoring has been about 20 minutes slow... that is if you are lucky enough to be able to log-in.

I understand that shiat happens with internet stuff... but that's why we pay top-###### dollar for the service.

by the way... they wouldn't give me a refund. I told them I was going to call Citibank and have them reverse the charge since I wasn't provided with the service I paid for... then a 'manager' offered me 50% off next season. I told them to go to hell.

Calling the CC company tomorrow... see what happens.

Funny, people have been pimping CBS for a while now but it sounds like they are having big time problems this year. Fanball has been grea for us for wha it's worth.

Contigency plans are easy in these cases. It's called email people. Just email several people you had problems getting on to the league, what your line-up is.... and it is time stamped. Problem solved.

I love CBS. Never had a problem. And I can change my team logo! WOoo hoooOO!

:thumbsup: Five years in CBS custom league... no problems.

Funny, people have been pimping CBS for a while now but it sounds like they are having big time problems this year. Fanball has been grea for us for wha it's worth.

Contigency plans are easy in these cases. It's called email people. Just email several people you had problems getting on to the league, what your line-up is.... and it is time stamped. Problem solved.

Fanball sucks, we dropped them this year because it always locked up and scoring update were really slow. I have never had a problem with Sportsline other than the price. For all of you having problems, are you using cable/dsl hookups or dial-up? Could be the difference in your connectability because I use DSL and don't have any problem.

:banana: Five years in CBS custom league... no problems.

:(

Any of you guys ever hear of e-mail? If your power goes out in your house do you just sit their with your thumb in your mouth while in the fetal position and your pants at your ankles waiting for someone to come save you? Light a fricken candle already. Why wouldn't you contact another league member some how? :(

six years for us - no problems either...well besides the slow live scoring every first week of the season...

:( Five years in CBS custom league... no problems.

i could care less about your little baby problems... but my cheap ass is no doubt off to ###### up a fifty percent off next year's league cost storm

edit... ###### in this case, means whining for money

:doh:

Any of you guys ever hear of e-mail? If your power goes out in your house do you just sit their with your thumb in your mouth while in the fetal position and your pants at your ankles waiting for someone to come save you? Light a fricken candle already. Why wouldn't you contact another league member some how? :ninja:

It would be pretty tough to e-mail with no power!

In general the responses through this thread are retarded.

First I agree CBS was down, it's unacceptable. The poster is correct.

Second, starting Maroney over Taylor, or at least considering it this week is not that bad a move. In hindsight it is but then it wasn't.

Third, any owner should have their lineup set Saturday, with the most stable picks in, in other words guys that won't sit from injury etc. It's partly your own fault for waiting until the last second but it's ultimately unacceptable for CBS to be down so long.

Fourth, any league should have a plan in place for this, and you should be able to call your Commish, or #2 and review lineup changes, or leave a VM for them.

Fifth, we are seriously considering leaving CBS because of this. We've been with CBS for 7 years now.

i could care less about your little baby problems... but my cheap ass is no doubt off to ###### up a fifty percent off next year's league cost storm

edit... ###### in this case, means whining for money

:headbanger: WTF is this mess?

It's pretty obvious that if you got screwed, it's because you're a moron. CBSSportsline shouldn't be going down on gameday. Agreed, but if this does happen with any FF managing site, there should always be a contingency plan set up in your league to circumvent any possible scenario of lineup failure.

1. Email the commish (time stamped)

2. Call the commish (time stamped)

3. Call a league member (possibly time stamped)

4. Post it on a time stamped message bored such as this.

5. PM

6. Text message

Again. No excuses. :(