Sign in to follow this  
Sho Nuff

All in one printers

Looking at updating the home office...out of the old inkjet (that only works part of the time right now anyway) and into an all-in-one printer.

Main thing is we want it to have a flatbed scanner, that it can do copies, color prints, and do digital pictures pretty well. Fax is not a requirement though.

Anyone have any suggestions? I have been looking at all brands, HP, Epson, Lexmark, Canon, Brother....

If you don't need fax you don't need an all in one. HTH.

I've got an HP Laserjet 3030 that my company bought. Works well for my needs but doesn't do color tho. B)

If you don't need fax you don't need an all in one. HTH.

I've got an HP Laserjet 3030 that my company bought. Works well for my needs but doesn't do color tho. :rolleyes:

All in ones include copying and scanning...not just fax...HTH

The biggest decision is whether or not you really need color printing.

If you don't, then get a laser rather than an ink jet...you will save major $ and time on the toner/trips to Staples.

We purchased an Epson Stylus CX4800 a few months ago. Works pretty well for what we need. The quality of the scans are ok (48-bit, 1200 x 2400 dpi), but I bet you can find better.

We don't print pictures on this, but there are connections to do so directly from the printer. We typically use Snapfish (or similar companies) for printing pictures.

I liked the price ($79 at BJ's) the most.

We purchased an Epson Stylus CX4800 a few months ago. Works pretty well for what we need. The quality of the scans are ok (48-bit, 1200 x 2400 dpi), but I bet you can find better.

We don't print pictures on this, but there are connections to do so directly from the printer. We typically use Snapfish (or similar companies) for printing pictures.

I liked the price ($79 at BJ's) the most.

That is one that we are looking at.

and a Lexmark P4350.

We do not print alot of pictures...use snapfish or just target/walgreens/walmart if we need them quick.

But we have a reem of photopaper we got for free and have a decent hookup on ink so we will print from time to time.

That is one that we are looking at.

and a Lexmark P4350.

We do not print alot of pictures...use snapfish or just target/walgreens/walmart if we need them quick.

But we have a reem of photopaper we got for free and have a decent hookup on ink so we will print from time to time.

Then this will be fine. I needed something that I can print from when I work from home. I also need to be able to take a contract, scan it in and then e-mail out. This does all of that.

Like I said, if you are going to print a lot of pictures, then there are better options out there. If you need better scanning (if you are scanning in a lot of old photos, for example), then there are better options. For me, this was a good balance for something that does not get a ton of use. It is good for color printing (my wife does invitations and signs) and does not use a ton of ink.