Sign in to follow this  
cbfalcon

Back Pain!

I've got 6 bulging discs and all my dr. will give me is Naproxin.

which does about as much good as aleve.

I need the good stuff. Hydrocodone please!

Do I find a new dr. or just go back to the same dr. and tell him that the Naproxin isn't doing shiat?

Back pain sucks

Do I find a new dr. or just go back to the same dr. and tell him that the Naproxin isn't doing shiat?

Back pain sucks

Sorry to hear it. Sounds like a new doctor is in order.

Do I find a new dr. or just go back to the same dr. ?

Give T.O. a call.

Have you seen a chiropractor? Many people are wary of Chiros. My brother in law is one and he's great. My dad had back problems around 45 and saw a chiro and has never had problems again. I myself had an adjustment by my brother in law when he was still in school (he need the hours) and it was weird at first, but my in-laws swear by it.

With Chiros the medical profession likes to make a big deal about arterial vertebral dissection which can be caused by the adjustment of the neck during which nerves are severed by quick movements and adjustments of the spine. Ask your chiro about it, or learn more for yourself. I'm sure if it was that big of a risk, chiropractors would not be in business.

Have you seen a chiropractor? Many people are wary of Chiros. My brother in law is one and he's great. My dad had back problems around 45 and saw a chiro and has never had problems again. I myself had an adjustment by my brother in law when he was still in school (he need the hours) and it was weird at first, but my in-laws swear by it.

I swear by my chiro, but before you go to one you should really have an x-ray and have a "real" doctor check it out. If the situation is so bad that it requires surgery (and 6 bulging discs might) then sometimes going to a chiro could make things worse, as you could compound the problem by getting temporary relief and not addressing the problem properly.

Sounds like you could use some 80mg OxyContins.

Serving suggestion: using a mortar and pestle, mash two oxycontin tablets; add chilled vodka to taste (at least 3 oz.); pour mixture in a martini glass; consume rapidly. Your pain (and pretty much all sensation) should subside within 30 minutes.

If you don't have the mortar and pestle, you can mash them one at a time with your thumb on a hard surface and chase with a shot of chilled vodka.

Good luck!

please go to a real doctor, neurosurgeon or orthapedic surgeon. Get an MRI.

6 bulging discs and he wont give you painkillers? Something is focked. I had 2 severely herniated discs (1 fractured) and had hydrocodone the same day and surgery 2 weeks later. Sounds like your doctor is a quack.

please go to a real doctor, neurosurgeon or orthapedic surgeon. Get an MRI.

6 bulging discs and he wont give you painkillers? Something is focked. I had 2 severely herniated discs (1 fractured) and had hydrocodone the same day and surgery 2 weeks later. Sounds like your doctor is a quack.

I had an MRI.

Dr said the bulging discs "were something reasonable common" in people my age (28), and should not be causing so much pain that I can't deal with it.

Surgery was not a realistic option.

I think he is just the type dr. that is hesitant to give out painkillers.

I had an MRI.

Dr said the bulging discs "were something reasonable common" in people my age (28), and should not be causing so much pain that I can't deal with it.

Get a new doctor. Six bulging discs is NOT reasonably common in someone your age. Furthermore, you want to be sure that you are addressing this properly now, as you are still young and don't want this to linger and progressively get worse as you get older.

I had an MRI.

28? Fock! :lol:

You're gonna be one miserable old man :mad:

Doctor said "they aren't bulging that badly" and that the pain from it should not be substantial.

but back pain is a wierd thing...it doesn't take alot to paralyze me, figuratively speaking.

Back pain sucks

With the problems you have decribed you need to be on something stronger than aleve. They are making breakthroughs everyday but the best medications are still the ones that are the most addicting. I am a probation officer for felons and a small percentage of my caseload is people that are hooked on prescription pain killers. Alot are nurses that have easy access to these meds and end up losing their job unless they go through treatment to get their license back. One more thing to point out since I have a background in this is

1) if you get a narcotic based prescription from one doctor and attempt to get it from another doctor and there is no paper trail which tells the new doctor that you already have a prescription for it you can be charged with "doctor shopping" which believe it or not depending on where you live can be a felony if they establish a pattern of this.

2) Do not sell pain pills or give them away to anyone. we just had a guy go down to prison for selling 8 oxycodone but he did have a prior conviction. drug trafficking is drug trafficking. He would actually crush them up and snort them through his nose. He would sell off his generic oxycodone to buy the regular oxycodone as the regular oxies are easy to snort based on their makeup.

everything I said was strange but true. I just shake my head sometimes and think about how good I have it opposed to some even though I am poor.

My point is are that these meds are addicting so just make sure you take them as prescribed

P.S if you truly understand everything I just wrote about above then you probably are a doctor shopper and cant get meds from your doctor because your local narcotics department has probably red flagged you. I hope that is not the case but in my field it would not sursrise me to have someone trying to get pain pills even on a FF webiste.lol

My point is are that these meds are addicting so just make sure you take them as prescribed

P.S if you truly understand everything I just wrote about above then you probably are a doctor shopper and cant get meds from your doctor because your local narcotics department has probably red flagged you. I hope that is not the case but in my field it would not sursrise me to have someone trying to get pain pills even on a FF webiste.lol

goofball. Who wouldn't "understand everything you just wrote above"? Yet I am somehow not a "doctor shopper" and I am quite sure I've never been redflagged. I've gotten painkillers like 5x in my life and every time it was a no-brainer (surgeries etc)

Not to say I don't think addivtive painkillers rock...But I can think they rock and still need them.

goofball. Who wouldn't "understand everything you just wrote above"? Yet I am somehow not a "doctor shopper" and I am quite sure I've never been redflagged. I've gotten painkillers like 5x in my life and every time it was a no-brainer (surgeries etc)

Not to say I don't think addivtive painkillers rock...But I can think they rock and still need them.

You do need them. I would see a different doctor. I have one herniated and bulging disc and I have pain on and off so I would have to think you have it worse. I take aleve and this works for the most part. I do have some somas but only take them when it is unbearable. You really need surgery with the problem you decribed. No chiropracter or faith healer can help you with all those disc problems. Good news is that they have made significant strides with back surgery in recent years. One disc can be performed on an outpatient basis. In your case you may need several surgeries or be layed up for awhile.