Sign in to follow this  
Rude Rick

So you don't like paying taxes, do ya?

There's no focking way I'm clicking on that link. :dunno:

Guaranteed to be nearly as bad as a joneo link

Taxes are obviously a necessity. I would like to see where it all goes though. Can the American public view the budget? I would think so, no?

I don't think anyone is arguing that taxes should be eliminated. It's all about finding the right tax rate that is most beneficial to maximize tax revenues.

You are really hung up on maximizing tax revenues. The problem is that you should have a tax system that is fair and one that does not favor a particular part of society. If taxing the poor so much that most are in poverty represents maximizing tax revenue, are you for that? That is why the spending side of the equation also comes into play.

You are really hung up on maximizing tax revenues. The problem is that you should have a tax system that is fair and one that does not favor a particular part of society. If taxing the poor so much that most are in poverty represents maximizing tax revenue, are you for that? That is why the spending side of the equation also comes into play.

Ummm...so a particular part of society pays more in taxes every year than a large part of the population...yet they are favored by the system over some who pay little to no taxes at all?

Link to any of the poor being taxed into poverty as you are implying here?

Ummm...so a particular part of society pays more in taxes every year than a large part of the population...yet they are favored by the system over some who pay little to no taxes at all?

Link to any of the poor being taxed into poverty as you are implying here?

What implication are you talking about? What is the deal stated that the tax system should be based solely on maximizing tax revenues. My point is that you can't focus solely on one side of the equation and that the tax system must take into account what impact it will have on spending.

Why is it that so many people here can't understand the written word? <_<

What implication are you talking about? What is the deal stated that the tax system should be based solely on maximizing tax revenues. My point is that you can't focus solely on one side of the equation and that the tax system must take into account what impact it will have on spending.

Why is it that so many people here can't understand the written word? <_<

Solely....no.

The implication where you state...

If taxing the poor so much that most are in poverty represents maximizing tax revenue, are you for that?

Now show me any proposal that has that in there....or anyone who has been taxed into poverty.

He said to find the right tax rate that is most beneficial. He did not elaborate or just say to screw the poor...but in a way, that is how you took it.

Solely....no.

The implication where you state...

Now show me any proposal that has that in there....or anyone who has been taxed into poverty.

He said to find the right tax rate that is most beneficial. He did not elaborate or just say to screw the poor...but in a way, that is how you took it.

I took one example of maximizing tax revenues that had a negative impact on spending. I can give you others that focus on taxing businesses at such a rate to drive them out of the country.

And, "No" he did not say "to find the right tax rate that is most beneficial". He said that we should "maximize tax revenues". That is a big difference. My point is that I agree with you and I don't agree with him.

- Don't use the US Post Office, send all your letters via FedEx or UPS.

Isn't the post office the only federal institution that doesn't use our tax dollars to run?

people that make under 100,000 shouldn't pay any taxes and people that make more, their taxes should be doubled. maybe they could start by doubling the tax rate of athletes and pro sports teams. maybe fire 50% of everyone in politics and give the rest a pay cut.

And, "No" he did not say "to find the right tax rate that is most beneficial". He said that we should "maximize tax revenues". That is a big difference.

Ummmm...you must an issue with selective reading...

I don't think anyone is arguing that taxes should be eliminated. It's all about finding the right tax rate that is most beneficial to maximize tax revenues.

What is it in bold there that precedes the maximizing part?

people that make under 100,000 shouldn't pay any taxes and people that make more, their taxes should be doubled. maybe they could start by doubling the tax rate of athletes and pro sports teams. maybe fire 50% of everyone in politics and give the rest a pay cut.

Wow....got to be fishing there...or your forgot to log in as Davaco or Rude Rick to say something that idiotic...then again...look at my sig.

Ummmm...you must an issue with selective reading...

What is it in bold there that precedes the maximizing part?

What? Are you serious?

The last part (which you left out of the bolding) is the key. Another example would be me saying, "We need to do what is right for all Americans, who make over $1M per year" and just focusing on the bolded part :D

You should consider reading what you type before posting.

Every 'horrib;e tax loop' that people want to close so quickly have their benefits to society. Many times people b1tch about the tax breaks that companies get, but don't realize that it's those breaks that draw companies to set up shop in a particular state or within the US for that matter. And as for taxing the bejeebus out of the 'rich' - 100K ain't all that much for starters. And if every dollar over that is taxed at a higher %, what is the reason and drive for anyone to 'succeed' in America? Congrats! You're a sucess! Now pay out your ass for everyone that isn't?

People that pay higher taxes don't get more benefit from those tax dollars. If I pay 1000 in tax and you pay 500 - do I get twice the police protection? Do I get to drive on better roads? Do I get better edumacation for my kids? I know that you can't have a flat tax because you can't generate enough revenue without taking too significant a % away from lower income families, but i personally think it's unfair to demand that people with higher incomes should shoulder the burdon of the countries financial needs simply because they have the means.

I would support this though: What if everyone paid a flat tax up to a point, and then after that you had to pay a % of your income to the budget item of your choice?!?! That would be pretty cool. Then the people that think we need a higher defense budget could give to it, and those that want to focus on education could do it. you could have requirements to spend 'x'% on the federal level, 'y'% on the state level and 'z'% ont eh local level!

Man, I should go into politics.