Sign in to follow this  
Recliner Pilot

Goodbye Foley, Hello Kerry.

I predict the pervert Mark Foley is now old news, and John Kerry will be all over the airwaves in crucial states between now and the election.

Thank you, Lurch.

:blink:

:rolleyes:

10:00 PM: I predict Dems will make every ridiculous effort to explain away these comments and/or refer back Rep scandals or some other default :rolleyes: :blink: .

10: 01 PM: I predict Kerry will bring up his "war record" to defend his comments.

10: 02 PM: I predict Kerry will call it a joke.

10:03 PM: What'd you know? I was right.

The sickening thing? Kennedy and Kerry are rockstars in Massachusetts (my home state). This state bitches about the backwards South, but MA needs to look in the mirror. Disgusting that these guys are cannonized the way they are up here.

out of touch Hollywood> out of touch MA > out of touch dems > out of touch Oprah

his defiance is even more focked up

It's not defiance, the evil Republicans made him say it. :rolleyes:

This dipsqueeze may have just cost the Dems the victory they have been counting on for the last few months.

This dipsqueeze may have just cost the Dems the victory they have been counting on for the last few months.

I always knew he was good for something, I just couldn't figure out what.

I missed it. What happened?

Did Kerry spend 400 billion American dollars and 3,000 brave young Americans lives on some backwards country's quagmire???

If he did, that's a huge fock-up and I expect Republicans to exploit it.

If he simply just called Republicans a bunch of dumb chickensh!thawk hom0s and Bush an idiot, I wouldn't read too much into it. That's old news.

Of course, I expect Republicans to milk it and distort it. What else are they going to do?

Run on their record? :banana:

Did Kerry spend 400 billion American dollars and 3,000 brave young Americans lives on some backwards country's quagmire???

If he simply just called Republicans a bunch of dumb chickensh!thawk hom0s and Bush an idiot, I wouldn't read too much into it. That's old news.

Of course, I expect Republicans to milk it and distort it. What else are they going to do?

Run on their record? :first:

:banana:

Run on their record? :D

:doublethumbsup: :thumbsup: :pointstosky:

Kerry called every man and woman in uniform and uneducated idiot.

But hey, if you can divert attentention by saying "Bush is bad", more power to ya.

He sure did, he voted Yes. :doublethumbsup:

HTH

Run on their record? :lol:

Why not? That's what the Packers do. :thumbsdown:

The thing is.....when you look at what Kerry actually said.......it's kinda true.

Everyone knows that the military is filled with people who couldn't afford and/or weren't smart enough to go to college.

I don't think he did. He would have been insulting himself.

Unlike all of these squawking, crying chickensh!t hawks, Kerry served his country when called upon

I don't know why Republicans would be so upset. They all ran away like little sissy girls when it was their chance to serve.

That's a bigger insult to our servicemen than any bad joke that someone who served this country could make about Bush.

HTH :dunno:

Kerry is still an idiot, regardless. :D

The thing is.....when you look at what Kerry actually said.......it's kinda true.

Everyone knows that the military is filled with people who couldn't afford and/or weren't smart enough to go to college.

Or had rich connected parents who could get them into Yale with a D average :D

You and Kerry are both wrong, and both idiots:

In summary, we found that, on average, 1999 recruits were more highly educated than the equiv­alent general population, more rural and less urban in origin, and of similar income status. We did not find evidence of minority racial exploitation (by race or by race-weighted ZIP code areas). We did find evidence of a "Southern military tradition" in that some states, notably in the South and West, provide a much higher proportion of enlisted troops by population.

The household income of recruits generally matches the income distribution of the American population. There are slightly higher proportions of recruits from the middle class and slightly lower proportions from low-income brackets. However, the proportion of high-income recruits rose to a disproportionately high level after the war on ter­rorism began, as did the proportion of highly edu­cated enlistees.

http://www.heritage.org/Research/NationalS...ty/cda05-08.cfm

I don't think he did. He would have been insulting himself.

Unlike all of these squawking, crying chickensh!t hawks, Kerry served his country when called upon

I don't know why Republicans would be so upset. They all ran away like little sissy girls when it was their chance to serve.

That's a bigger insult to our servicemen than any bad joke that someone who served this country could make about Bush.

HTH :huh:

Kerry is still an idiot, regardless. :lol:

Or had rich connected parents who could get them into Yale with a D average :D

Yes he served...does not give him any reason to make comments that could be taken a certain way...then simply not try to recant...but to blame it on the republicans and use it for his own political gain (all while trying to say that is what the right is doing).

Especially when he starts replying with things like...

He further expressed disgust with "Republican hacks, who have never worn the uniform of our country."

Funny, I think John McCain just might have served this country as well.

His own party is canceling his visits because they do not want to be associated it and comments coming out like...

He has already cost us one election. The guy just needs to keep his mouth shut until after the election," a top Democratic strategist said Tuesday.

So its not just the right who know what this comment sounded like.

Guest Davaco

sometimes the truth hurts

I predict the pervert Mark Foley is now old news

:D

:huh:

Yeah, because trying to convince teenagers to let you molest them is much better than joking about dumb soldiers

:lol:

sometimes the truth hurts

Just another one of the more idiotic things you have posted.

Seriously...retire this alias and all its idiocy....

Funny, I think John McCain just might have served this country as well.

He obviously wasn't referring to McCain.

He's talking about Bush, Cheney, Rummey, Rove, Limbaugh, etc. who all chickened out when it was their turn. The same chickenhawks who bashed and questioned McCain himself for his service when they were running against him in the primary. :huh:

Kerry is an idiot for many reasons. But he put his life on the line when a good percentage of the current Republican leadership talked tough but ran to their daddies.

Nonetheless, I expect Republicans to milk this like crazy.

To me, it's much more insulting to use your rich connections to avoid serving in a war that you truly believe in than it is to make a bad, fumbling joke about Bush.

But then again, I'm not trying to distract people from the worst presidential record in the history of the United states. :lol:

Average hard-working, non-spolied brat Americans won't be fooled this time.

When he lumps them all together...because McCain is criticizing him as well.

He's talking about Bush, Cheney, Rummey, Rove, Limbaugh, etc. who all chickened out when it was their turn. The same chickenhawks who bashed and questioned McCain himself for his service when they were running against him in the primary. <_<

Kerry is an idiot for many reasons. But he put his life on the line when a good percentage of the current Republican leadership talked tough but ran to their daddies.

To me, it's much more insulting to use your rich connections to avoid serving in a war that you truly believe in than it is to make a bad, fumbling joke about Bush.

But then again, I'm not trying to distract people from the worst presidential record in the history of the United states. :clap:

I think him for his service...but that service does not mean you can just say whatever and not expect some backlash for it. IMO he uses his service as a crutch for being a moron in some cases.

Many people are criticizing him for this...and many of them served this country as well. His service is no more important than theirs was.

His own party is criticizing him for this...so it is not just about distracting away from a political record.

Dumb and damaging comment by Kerry <_<

That sums up this whole thing. He made an incredibly dumb remark and it could cost the dems. People in this thread (no names) are quick to point out that he served while his counterparts didn't. So what? What does that have to do with him being a moron? :clap:

All of you realize, of course, that John Kerry was referring to President Bush and not the men and women in the armed services.

The remarks are being taken completely out of context, which is typical. I don't blame the Repulicans for cashing in on it though... it was an incredibly stupid thing to say. Even if he'd gotten it right it would have only been an average zinger.

The one person I'm dissappointed with (aside from that moron Kerry) is John McCain. Looks like the Straight Talk Express has run off the tracks, most likely somewhere in Virginia or the Carolinas. Too bad.

All of you realize, of course, that John Kerry was referring to President Bush and not the men and women in the armed services.

The remarks are being taken completely out of context, which is typical. I don't blame the Repulicans for cashing in on it though... it was an incredibly stupid thing to say. Even if he'd gotten it right it would have only been an average zinger.

The one person I'm dissappointed with (aside from that moron Kerry) is John McCain. Looks like the Straight Talk Express has run off the tracks, most likely somewhere in Virginia or the Carolinas. Too bad.

Kerry said "you get stuck in Iraq"...is Bush in Iraq? I'm not sure how anyone could believe he was talking Bush while making this comment. Obviously he hates the war (even though he voted for it), and hates Bush (this was certainly a jab at him as well), but this is why the idiot couldn't win the election in 04. He has no ideas of his own, can't run on his record, and does nothing but bash Bush and sound stupid doing so.

For those of you that say his statement is true, I just want to tell you how offensive and ignorant you are. I didn't serve, probably like most of you, but my brother just got back from his second tour in Iraq in three years. He went to college for two years before he joined but signed up after 9/11. He's not poor, he's not stupid, he just did something totally and completely selfless. Congratulations on being as completely out of touch as that moron Kerry is.

Please explain to me how a comment like he made was a joke on President Bush? That was the worst excuse he could have used. So, his two choices are....

1. He was telling the kids that they should stay educated, otherwise they will have to join the service

2. He was telling the kids that they should stay educated, otherwise they may grow up to be the Leader of the Free World?

That's telling them John! Good one.

Kerry said "you get stuck in Iraq"...is Bush in Iraq? I'm not sure how anyone could believe he was talking Bush while making this comment. Obviously he hates the war (even though he voted for it), and hates Bush (this was certainly a jab at him as well), but this is why the idiot couldn't win the election in 04. He has no ideas of his own, can't run on his record, and does nothing but bash Bush and sound stupid doing so.

I agree with pretty much everything you say about Kerry. He is a joke.

As for referring to Bush:

1. Prior to the education/Iraq comment he was talking about Bush.

2. He said he was talking about Bush when asked later.

3. The prepared remarks for his speech show that he intended to say something slightly different there that was clearly a jab at Bush.

4. Does anyone honestly believe that is how John Kerry feels about the people in the service?

5. If the answer to #4 is "yes" can you believe that he would actually be dumb enough to say it in a public speech?

6. If yest to 4 & 5, why would he lie about it just a short time later?

The only thing that makes any sense at all (unless you're trying to spin this for political gain) is that he actually was talking about Bush. And it is not a reach to get there. He should still apologize though. Leave it to Kerry to do the complete opposite of the right thing politically.

I agree with pretty much everything you say about Kerry. He is a joke.

As for referring to Bush:

1. Prior to the education/Iraq comment he was talking about Bush.

2. He said he was talking about Bush when asked later.

3. The prepared remarks for his speech show that he intended to say something slightly different there that was clearly a jab at Bush.

4. Does anyone honestly believe that is how John Kerry feels about the people in the service?

5. If the answer to #4 is "yes" can you believe that he would actually be dumb enough to say it in a public speech?

6. If yest to 4 & 5, why would he lie about it just a short time later?

The only thing that makes any sense at all (unless you're trying to spin this for political gain) is that he actually was talking about Bush. And it is not a reach to get there. He should still apologize though. Leave it to Kerry to do the complete opposite of the right thing politically.

1 and 2...ok.

3...that was the spin after the backlash...

4...perhaps

5...yes, he would be dumb enough

6...yes, he would.

Please explain to me how a comment like he made was a joke on President Bush? That was the worst excuse he could have used. So, his two choices are....

1. He was telling the kids that they should stay educated, otherwise they will have to join the service

2. He was telling the kids that they should stay educated, otherwise they may grow up to be the Leader of the Free World?

That's telling them John! Good one.

Kerry was taking a cheap shot at President Bush. He screwed it up. You might say he misquoted himsefl. :(

Even worse, if he had nailed the zinger exactly the way he intended it still probably would not have been funny. Stuff like this almost makes me glad he didn't win in 2004.

He's talking about Bush, Cheney, Rummey, Rove, Limbaugh, etc. who all chickened out when it was their turn. The same chickenhawks who bashed and questioned McCain himself for his service when they were running against him in the primary. :(

But then again, I'm not trying to distract people from the worst presidential record in the history of the United states. :pointstosky:

listening to all this politcal jargon is great.

The dems say "we do not want war, it is wrong" yet use one man's (kerry's) service as a badge of honor even though war is wrong and the army is full of idiots..

The republicans say "we need to have war to keep the homefront safe and anyone who opposes is a pussay"

yet a lot of republicans dodge the draft and have never served...

so what have we learned today people?? :pointstosky:

The dems say "we do not want war, it is wrong" yet use one man's (kerry's) service as a badge of honor even though war is wrong and the army is full of idiots..

Nobody is using it as a badge of honor for this particular case.

Simply, if chickenhawks are going to twist this into “Kerry hates the armed services” it should be pointed out that Kerry proudly served his country and Republicans (Bush, Cheney, Rove, Limbaugh, etc.) ran like little girls.

HTH!

That it is an election year?

exactly...

never listen to a politician during an election year

HTH!

meh... if you scroll up about 10 posts... i believe someone named "donhaas" used it earlier in BIG BOLD PRINT

oh... and hth :headbanger:

The republicans say "we need to have war to keep the homefront safe and anyone who opposes is a pussay"

yet a lot of republicans dodge the draft and have never served...

so what have we learned today people?? :headbanger:

You're right, both sides are f'ed up beyond belief...its just amazing how democrats just can't take advantage of anything given to them. They simply find a way to screw it up, unbelievably stupid remarks, poorly run campaigns, and running solely on being not republicans. That party is in need of some serious leadership.

Things here in Ohio have tightened up considerably over the last week or so...I'm telling you, this state has been run into the ground by republican leadership and is so screwed up economically you'd think dems would have no problem seizing control. The problem is they just don't provide viable alternative candidates or any fresh ideas...its just "Bush is bad", "the war is bad", "Taft is bad". Ok, so what are you going to do to make it better? Thats where their campaigns fall apart.

Simply, if chickenhawks are going to twist this into “Kerry hates the armed services” it should be pointed out that Kerry proudly served his country and Republicans (Bush, Cheney, Rove, Limbaugh, etc.) ran like little girls.

HTH!

Again...McCain is disagreeing with the statements as well...along with others who have also served.

The rhetoric that it is just the "chickenhawks" doing this is just BS.

And again...its all hypocritical...right/left...doesnt matter.

Not long ago the left downplayed the service of Bob Dole while supporting their own draft dodging Candidate in Clinton.

The right, of course, used that to bash the left.

Fast forward...the right downplayed the service of John Kerry while supporting their own draft dodging candidtate in Bush.

The left, of course, used that to bash the right.

You're right, both sides are f'ed up beyond belief...its just amazing how democrats just can't take advantage of anything given to them. They simply find a way to screw it up, unbelievably stupid remarks, poorly run campaigns, and running solely on being not republicans. That party is in need of some serious leadership.

Things here in Ohio have tightened up considerably over the last week or so...I'm telling you, this state has been run into the ground by republican leadership and is so screwed up economically you'd think dems would have no problem seizing control. The problem is they just don't provide viable alternative candidates or any fresh ideas...its just "Bush is bad", "the war is bad", "Taft is bad". Ok, so what are you going to do to make it better? Thats where their campaigns fall apart.

all i know is here in iowa i have never seen as many negative mudslinging politcal commercials as i have within the past two months... i mean none of the commericials ever say what stances they'll take on important issues it's all like.

Jim Nussle missed congress on such and such a date when congress voted to cut elementary education...

we want someone who will be there for our children... end commercial "my name is so and so for the democrat party and i support this message."

i mean WTF is that... i have no idea what policies they favor etc... but they won't "miss a day of congress" it's like politicians today can't win by promoting themselves. They go by "don't vote for that guy"... instead of "vote for me" (and i'm not siding with republicans because i chose nussle as an example so relax whiney dems)

i don't understand it :dunno:

it should be pointed out that Kerry proudly served his country and Republicans (Bush, Cheney, Rove, Limbaugh, etc.) ran like little girls.

The thing is, when you use this juvenile argument you just don't score many points with people. You see, thousands and thousands of people did things like joining the National Guard to avoid going to Vietnam, or just dodged the draft all together (I won't mention the Democrats who did this). And honest people, that didn't live during that war, look in the mirror and know that they probably would have done anything they could to get out of that war as well. Same as today...have you signed up to serve? Probably not. I know I wouldn't, but I thank God there are people out there who would and do.

all i know is here in iowa i have never seen as many negative mudslinging politcal commercials as i have within the past two months... i mean none of the commericials ever say what stances they'll take on important issues it's all like.

Jim Nussle missed congress on such and such a date when congress voted to cut elementary education...

we want someone who will be there for our children... end commercial "my name is so and so for the democrat party and i support this message."

i mean WTF is that... i have no idea what policies they favor etc... but they won't "miss a day of congress" it's like politicians today can't win by promoting themselves. They go by "don't vote for that guy"... instead of "vote for me" (and i'm not siding with republicans because i chose nussle as an example so relax whiney dems)

i don't understand it :dunno:

I hear ya man...same thing hear. I don't like Sherrod Brown but they keep running these stupid ads about how he supposedly didn't pay taxes for a c ouple years after voting to raise them. Anybody ignorant enough to not vote for somebody because of these ads is scary stupid. Whats scarier is that apparently thats the majority of people or else both parties wouldn't spend all their money on running the ads in the first place..

The thing is, when you use this juvenile argument you just don't score many points with people. You see, thousands and thousands of people did things like joining the National Guard to avoid going to Vietnam, or just dodged the draft all together (I won't mention the Democrats who did this). And honest people, that didn't live during that war, look in the mirror and know that they probably would have done anything they could to get out of that war as well. Same as today...have you signed up to serve? Probably not. I know I wouldn't, but I thank God there are people out there who would and do.

I hear ya man...same thing hear. I don't like Sherrod Brown but they keep running these stupid ads about how he supposedly didn't pay taxes for a c ouple years after voting to raise them. Anybody ignorant enough to not vote for somebody because of these ads is scary stupid. Whats scarier is that apparently thats the majority of people or else both parties wouldn't spend all their money on running the ads in the first place..

My name is Paul R. Nelson and I approve this message.

exactly...

never listen to a politician during an election year

meh... if you scroll up about 10 posts... i believe someone named "donhaas" used it earlier in BIG BOLD PRINT

oh... and hth :dunno:

Kerry didn't post that, I did. Someone said Kerry was using it as a "badger of honor," not donhaas was.

Further, I was using it as a point of reason (sorry for the bolding). Kerry doesn't hate the troops because he was the troops. He served. He didn't dishonor them by ducking out.

HTH