Sign in to follow this  
The Football Guru

Grossman for Steven Jackson

The owner in one of my CBS Platinum leagues just accepted the above offer...non-PPR league.

My current lineup:

M Hasselbeck

Grossman

D Huard

C Taylor

Addai

Rhodes

Benson

H Ward

Housh

Branch

Wilkins

Bears DST

Eagles DST

Just got done trading Rudi and Lamont for Rhodes and Chester. Now comes Jackson!??! I like Huard this week and I will probably pick up Seneca Wallace before the end of the week to bridge the gap (assuming Trent gets his job back, which I'm sure he will) until Hasselbeck returns.

I would take SJax over Grossman any day of the week. Unlsess I had 2 other good RB's NO other options at QB.

That is one of the worst trades ever. Who ever gets jackosn is laughing soooo hard.

That would be me...thanks for the :pointstosky:

:(

I guess there is a reason I call myself "The Football Guru"

That or the other guy is just an idiot. If this is an actual trade you made then it's the latter. If someone needed QB help that bad they could get a lot more than Grossman.

:first: Worst trades evah!!!

You must suffer from the "Lenny from Of Mice and Men" syndrome. You took a nice cuddly team and crushed it because you're retarded.

????

You think Rudi and Lamont were going to win me the $$$ ??? You're a moron if you expect me (or anyone else) to believe that...

I'm not sure retarded is the word I would use...I think intelligent would be more like it.

????

You think Rudi and Lamont were going to win me the $$$ ??? You're a moron if you expect me (or anyone else) to believe that...

I'm not sure retarded is the word I would use...I think intelligent would be more like it.

Rudi and Jackson would have. How will 3 QBs and 3 RBBC RBs be better?

I hate to break it to you...look at Taylor's schedule and look at Rudi's schedule. Chester has an all-pro left side to run behind and for the foreseeable future, Rudi does not. Chester is involved in the passing game and once again, Rudi is not.

Look, I'm as big of a Bengal fan and I pulled the trigger to grab Taylor. Rudi has 3 games left vs. BAL and PIT, not to mention SD and Denver. He's not going to do well in those games. Taylor has one game vs. CHI (a team he ran for 70 yards against). GB and MIA have somewhat underrated run defenses, but other than that, Taylor faces NYJ, DET, SF, and ARI. If Taylor doesn't ring them up for 100 yards and a score each, it would be a minor upset.

When all is said and done, Taylor is the better back the rest of this season. Also, what do you mean 3 RBBC's. Taylor is getting all the work as is SJax. Addai is quickly getting the majority of the carries. By my count, that is one possible RBBC and two sure-fire starters the rest of the way.

I hate to break it to you...look at Taylor's schedule and look at Rudi's schedule. Chester has an all-pro left side to run behind and for the foreseeable future, Rudi does not. Chester is involved in the passing game and once again, Rudi is not.

Look, I'm as big of a Bengal fan and I pulled the trigger to grab Taylor. Rudi has 3 games left vs. BAL and PIT, not to mention SD and Denver. He's not going to do well in those games. Taylor has one game vs. CHI (a team he ran for 70 yards against). GB and MIA have somewhat underrated run defenses, but other than that, Taylor faces NYJ, DET, SF, and ARI. If Taylor doesn't ring them up for 100 yards and a score each, it would be a minor upset.

When all is said and done, Taylor is the better back the rest of this season. Also, what do you mean 3 RBBC's. Taylor is getting all the work as is SJax. Addai is quickly getting the majority of the carries. By my count, that is one possible RBBC and two sure-fire starters the rest of the way.

Taylor is not as good as Rudi or Jackson.

Addai, Rhodes, Benson = RBBC.

You're a moron if you think that Taylor/Addai is better than Johnson/Jackson.

I never said Taylor/Addai is better than Jackson/Johnson...

Besides, you are focusing on some things that I never posted. I have 3 QBs right now as I wait for the S Jax trade to go throw, after Grossman is traded, it will be 2 (with a injured Hasselbeck. Secondly, Addai, Rhodes, and Benson will be on my bench. With the bye weeks over, they will only play if Taylor or Jackson gets hurt.

Face it, I listed 5 games (out of the next 8) where Rudi will perform like a #2 RB. (BALx2), PIT, SD, and DEN...don't you think-as a Bengal fan-I would want to hold on to Rudi if I thought there was any shot Rudi would outperform Chester?

I never said Taylor/Addai is better than Jackson/Johnson...

Besides, you are focusing on some things that I never posted. I have 3 QBs right now as I wait for the S Jax trade to go throw, after Grossman is traded, it will be 2 (with a injured Hasselbeck. Secondly, Addai, Rhodes, and Benson will be on my bench. With the bye weeks over, they will only play if Taylor or Jackson gets hurt.

Face it, I listed 5 games (out of the next 8) where Rudi will perform like a #2 RB. (BALx2), PIT, SD, and DEN...don't you think-as a Bengal fan-I would want to hold on to Rudi if I thought there was any shot Rudi would outperform Chester?

I'm confused. Who is on your team? I was under the impression that you had already traded Jackson for Grossman.

It's up above, but I'll copy it here...

My current lineup:

M Hasselbeck

Grossman

D Huard

C Taylor

Addai

Rhodes

Benson

H Ward

Housh

Branch

Wilkins

Bears DST

Eagles DST

I imagine the Eagles D and Benson will be the first to go when I need to make a FA pickup...

It's up above, but I'll copy it here...

My current lineup:

M Hasselbeck

Grossman

D Huard

C Taylor

Addai

Rhodes

Benson

H Ward

Housh

Branch

Wilkins

Bears DST

Eagles DST

I imagine the Eagles D and Benson will be the first to go when I need to make a FA pickup...

If you're waiting for the "S Jax" trade to go through, how can this be your current lineup?

Because there is a one-day waiting period (from now til early Sat morning), Grossman is still on my team until then.

:cheers: :dunno:

Why is this confusing??? I don't have SJax as of this moment. If I did, I would have titled this thread "SJax for Grossman". You see my current roster. Cross off Grossman, add in SJax and tell me if you like the roster you see. I'm asking if you feel this trade helps me win my 12 team league, which I think it can.

My team would look like this after the trade:

Hasselbeck, Huard

SJax, Chester, Addai, Rhodes, Benson

Ward, Housh, Branch

Shockey

Wilkins

Bears and Eagles defenses

Mambo...I wasn't asking for advice, I was asking for an opinion

FF Today asks its members to use the "A Little Help" board for any and all team management questions including "Rate My Team" posts.

It's true this goes on a different board, but the bottom line here is that if you have to ask if getting Steven Jackson for Rex Grossman is a good trade, you're either looking for some affirmation or you truly don't have a clue about how fantasy football works. I'm not trying to insult, but those are the only two possibilities here.

If a redraft were held today, Steven Jackson would probably be the third or fourth overall pick. Grossman would be picked in about the sixth round along with a group of other solid QBs.

Steven Jackson is one of the true studs out there at RB...the game's prize position. Grossman is a solid QB, but one of many.

If I was in a league where someone was dumb enough to trade Steven Jackson away for Rex Grossman, I would drop out of the league once the season was over. I can't say it any simpler than that.

I appreciate the candidness, fumbleweed...LOL

I apologize in advance if I come across sarcastically, but I was not really looking for affirmation or asking for help...also, I don't know why this belongs on "A Little Help" board, because I never once asked if I should pull the trigger on this deal, but I digress.

It's a re-draft league where the winner wins $600. I don't have a choice as to whether or not the league gets back together. Nevertheless, I will be more than happy to play in a league any year that allows me to pull off this trade if I can win $600 every year. Every owner puts in $100, so it's not like it is full of a bunch of chumps. (I appreciate good competition, but I always appreciate getting paid!!!)

More than anything, I wanted feedback. I never ask a board if I should do a trade (notice I never asked anyone if I SHOULD do this trade, I asked as to whether or not posters thought it was a good trade), b/c quite honestly, I am my own GM. It would be pretty sad for me to spend $500-600/year on fantasy football just to have strangers decide the fate of my team.

Again, sorry if I sound like a pompous jerk...just wanted to defend my good name...

I'm sure I'll anger the masses by bringing this topic back, but I was very happy to see the commish allow this trade in my league.

My current team:

Hasselbeck, D Huard

S Jax, Chester, Addai, Rhodes, Benson

Ward, Housh, Branch

Shockey

Wilkins

Bears Defense

How I started the season:

Hasselbeck, Culpepper

Rudi, Lamont, Mike Bell, Jacobs, M Barber

Housh, Ward, Rod Smith, Williamson, D Bennett

Troupe

Feely

Bears Defense

Like Fumbleweed said, either you're here to brag about ripping someone off or you're clueless. Either way, you should graduate from playing with mentally challenged individuals and join a league that makes you work to build a good team.

I appreciate the candidness, fumbleweed...LOL

I apologize in advance if I come across sarcastically, but I was not really looking for affirmation or asking for help...also, I don't know why this belongs on "A Little Help" board, because I never once asked if I should pull the trigger on this deal, but I digress.

It's a re-draft league where the winner wins $600. I don't have a choice as to whether or not the league gets back together. Nevertheless, I will be more than happy to play in a league any year that allows me to pull off this trade if I can win $600 every year. Every owner puts in $100, so it's not like it is full of a bunch of chumps. (I appreciate good competition, but I always appreciate getting paid!!!)

More than anything, I wanted feedback. I never ask a board if I should do a trade (notice I never asked anyone if I SHOULD do this trade, I asked as to whether or not posters thought it was a good trade), b/c quite honestly, I am my own GM. It would be pretty sad for me to spend $500-600/year on fantasy football just to have strangers decide the fate of my team.

Again, sorry if I sound like a pompous jerk...just wanted to defend my good name...

I wasn't trying to be mean. It's just that Steven Jackson and Rex Grossman aren't even in the same area code, value-wise in terms of fantasy football. My guess is that you already know this. I would be semi-embarassed to be in a league that contained anyone stupid enough to make that deal, but as you pointed out, it is for money, so all's fair and if you can find someone who is this stupid, more power to you.

This owner is just an embarrassment to himself and to the league. That's all I was saying. Steven Jackson is probably the third or fourth most valuable player in FF right now.....Manning and McNabb are the only two QBs even close to Jackson's value and even that is a stretch.

Mambo...I wasn't asking for advice, I was asking for an opinion...

What is the difference. Advice in FF is nothing more than opion. Are you saying you don't understand that?

I'm sure I'll anger the masses by bringing this topic back, but I was very happy to see the commish allow this trade in my league.

My current team:

Hasselbeck, D Huard

S Jax, Chester, Addai, Rhodes, Benson

Ward, Housh, Branch

Shockey

Wilkins

Bears Defense

How I started the season:

Hasselbeck, Culpepper

Rudi, Lamont, Mike Bell, Jacobs, M Barber

Housh, Ward, Rod Smith, Williamson, D Bennett

Troupe

Feely

Bears Defense

I'll play ya:

E. Manning, P. Manning

S. Jackson, W. Dunn or D. Foster or W. Lundy or L. Washington

A. Johnson, R. Wayne, L. Evans or D. Branch

Des. Clark

Wilkins

Pats

Your topic has been revoked. :cheers:

Now make the deal in your 8 team league and move on.

What is the difference. Advice in FF is nothing more than opion. Are you saying you don't understand that?

Wow...I haven't been hammered about synonyms since high school...I wasn't asking for advice. I wanted people's thoughts on the trade, nothing more, nothing less. So if advice=thoughts=opinion, then I'm the moron. However, if I were asking a question, my sentence would have been followed immediately with a "?"...are we clear? And let's be clear, FF advice-by the right people-is more of an educated guess than it is just random opinion. Owners who consistently win understand fantasy football is much more skill and logic than luck. There is some luck, but not near as much as some would suggest.

I knew I was getting a good deal when I offered it. It's a 12-team league where the winner takes home $600, so I don't personally feel bad one way or the other so long as I win the league. And quite honestly, I'm 6-3 right now and 2nd in the division, one game in front of the team that has Delhomme, LT, Dunn, Wayne, Walker, Vinatieri, and the Chargers defense.

Either way, I'll drop the subject as it is clear I will only get insulted rather than get feedback.

This needs to go to "A Little Help" board. It serves absolutely NO PURPOSE to be on this forum. You should know already that you got a good deal as EVERYONE should know who is playing FF for money. What really is the point of this thread?

Do you need a pat on the back or something?

Winner takes $600 ... you all paid $100 ... in a 12-team league??? :ninja:

HA, you thought you were ripping the SJax owner off ..... looks like the Commish is the one ripping YOU off!!! :doublethumbsup:

well, overall the trade is good, however, my thought is that you do need another Backup QB just because Huard still is not guaranteed to keep the starting job upon the return of Trent Green to the lineup.

however, that being said... concussions are funny things, and I wouldnt be surprised to see Green sit the rest of the season.

you also could use some help at WR.

either way, I think you helped your team with the trade. Jackson is definitely a top calibre player and you wont regret making this deal.

either way, I think you helped your team with the trade.

You THINK he did?

Again, anyone trading Steven Jackson for Rex Grossman is brain dead. There's no reason to even weigh this one. It's too ridiculous for that.

In comparison...I just tonight traded away Travis Henry for Rex Grossman. I made the offer a couple of days ago and he just accepted it.