Sign in to follow this  
desertfire

Burress

Anyone have any info on Burress? I need him to start, the guy I'm playing has Eli and my backup WR is Drew Bennett, huge dropoff. Any info is appreciated

Anyone have any info on Burress? I need him to start, the guy I'm playing has Eli and my backup WR is Drew Bennett, huge dropoff. Any info is appreciated

How ironic it would be that the best WR on the Gmen squad, and one of the best wr's in the nfl will skip the easiest matchup the Gmen have faced so far. He will be in there and will have a huge game. And i am not a Burress owner.

Warning to all Plaxico owners!!!!

I just traded for him this week. So he'll probably end up sucking hard or done for the year. :blink:

Local radio here in NY does not expect him to play , hes listed as questrionable but since he did not practice all week they say more doubtfull . My guess would be a GTD. Depends on how his back feels. If he plays but does not start then dont start him. But if he does start he is a good play.

Looks like a GTD (game time decision). Make sure you watch this one close. If you have other options you might consider them over an injured Plax.

Tim Carter could be a nice one game pickup.

(Sporting News)

Tim Carter - WR (rank: 59), NY Giants

The New York Daily News reports Carter will start alongside Amani Toomer on Sunday if Plaxico Burress (back) is unable to play.

Fantasy Source spin: We've long heard about Carter's speed, and now we just might get a chance to see what Carter can do in an extended role. He is a deep sleeper against the Texans this weekend.

:pointstosky: , i need him in the lineup, its the god damn texans, only cake team they meet his year, besides Tenn. I have Eli, and thats his fav target.

Giants injury recap

Written by: PAUL SCHWARTZ ¦ 11/4/2006

Source: www.nypost.com

Already battling multiple injuries on defense, the Giants might go into tomorrow's game against the Texans depleted at receiver. Plaxico Burress, slowed this week by back spasms, suffered a setback yesterday that dropped him from probable to questionable for the game.

Burress has not practiced all week, but downgrading his status is an ominous sign. Burress also was bothered by back spasms the week leading up to the game in Seattle, then was mistake-prone and ineffective against the Seahawks, catching just one pass and losing a fumble before sitting out the second half.

"Backs are difficult," coach Tom Coughlin said. "It's hard to predict what's going to happen with a back. I think [Thursday] he felt pretty good. He went ahead and tried to work and he just wasn't able to do it."

To make matters worse, reserve receiver (and special teams ace) David Tyree has an ankle injury, but was upgraded to probable.

"I'm feeling better and looking forward to the game," Tyree said.

If Burress is unable to play, Tim Carter would move into the starting lineup alongside Amani Toomer. The only other healthy receiver on the roster is Michael Jennings, as rookie Sinorice Moss remains out with a quad strain.

"We're going to miss him," Toomer said when asked about the possible absence of Burress, "but we're going to have to find a way to win the game."

CB Sam Madison missed the entire week of practice with a strained hamstring, an injury that also kept him out all of last week. Can any player, even a veteran, play in a game after missing two weeks of practice?

"It doesn't matter, I've been playing for 10 years," Madison said.

LB Brandon Short (quad) also missed the entire week. Backing him up on the weak side are rookie Gerris Wilkinson and newly-signed veteran Chris Claiborne.

Madison said he expects he'll be a game-time decision. He was far more upbeat about his alma mater, Louisville, after its huge victory over West Virginia. He called it "the biggest football game in school history" and is already plotting to take on C Shaun O'Hara, a Rutgers grad, when those two unbeaten teams meet on Thursday. "I think I might ride with Shaun," Madison said, "and when they lose, make him walk back."

link

I think he sits this one out.

I hate the Giants but do have Tiki and would have to play against Plexi if he played this week so I am biased and hopeful he is out, but I also have reasoning why he would be out.

1. Anyone placed on the injury list late in the week is not looking good to play.

2. Playing the weakest team on the schedule would give them more incentive to sit him and ensure he is healthy against the teams that are tougher.

3. More specifically, the Texans can be run on so they won't need to rely on the passing game too much; I see lots of Tiki and Jacobs in the future.

Warning to all Plaxico owners!!!!

I just traded for him this week. So he'll probably end up sucking hard or done for the year. :huh:

Yep I'm playing my division rival and 2 of his starting Wr's are on the bye (Reggie Brown and Coles) and he has inserted Michael Jenkins and Amani Toomer in their place.... I'm sure Burress pulls up limp before Kickoff and Toomer goes for 120 and a score.... fockin fantasy :ninja:

Plex will be a gametime decision. If he wakes up w/out spasm, and it stays clear after stretching and wam ups, he will play. If he wakes up and has spasms, he will be o-u-t.

No way to tell until Sunday morning.

I'm having flashbacks to the Seattle game ... started, but didn't finish (1/20/0, 1 Fumble) due to the back. :thumbsdown:

I'm going with Lee Evans against GB. :ninja:

How ironic it would be that the best WR on the Gmen squad, and one of the best wr's in the nfl will skip the easiest matchup the Gmen have faced so far. He will be in there and will have a huge game. And i am not a Burress owner.

You are looking at it from a FF standpoint. From a real football standpoint it is a great game for Plaxico to skip if he's gimpy. The Giants will have no problem beating the Texans with or without Plax so why risk further injury? Let him get an extra weeks rest for the "real" games.

And yes I am Texans fan AND a Plax owner. But I have to call it like I see it...

They all always tow the company line with the "one game at a time" rhetoric, but as TexansFan points out, from a strategical standpoint it would make a GREAT deal of sense to let him heal a week until when they will REALLY need him against Chicago.

Plus Ion Eagle interviewed a sportswriter (IDK who) on the FAN (NYC) this morning and he pointed out that you don't want is to activate Buress have him in for a play or 2 and then sit out while you've held out or deactivated another WR for the game..

This would be a good showcase for one of their younger WRs with a lot of promise, I think his name is Carter? anyway a lot of things are IMO pointing to a probability he sits.

Giants fan hoping they 'rest' him for Chicago

Ugh. I'll be at a game tomorrow, and probably won't be able to see if Burress doesn't play.

And my only other option is Gabriel or picking up Carter. Bleh.

Ugh. I'll be at a game tomorrow, and probably won't be able to see if Burress doesn't play.

And my only other option is Gabriel or picking up Carter. Bleh.

I'd start Gabriel without hesitation.

Bump...

I'm in the middel of a losing streak and need to know early if Plax is in or out, and whether I need to pick up M Jenkins or T Carter. :cheers:

Any news, please inser.

He hasn't practiced, is listed as questionable and is a game time decision. I would geuss we'll hear something 11:00 or so, and I suspect owners will know what the situation is in time to adjust their lineups. Things are comlicated for me as I'll be at the game and won't likely hear anything until after I've left.

I would recommend Tim Carter for owners in a real need if he isn't a go. Some may recall Carter was arguably the biggest standout in camp this year. The guy has all the tools, and this could be his chance to showcase some of that in a starting role.

Keep an eye on this situation.