Sign in to follow this  
Bert

I Have A Questions For Those That Support

When your "Representitive of God" turns out to be Ted Haggard, Jim Baker, Jimmy Swaggert or John Geoghan do you get your tithes refunded? It seems like the old bait and switch to me. You paid for eternal salvation, spiritual guideance etc. but what you ended up with was supporting these yahoos hedonistic life style.

I may be wrong, but I believe that they're giving because they want to, not because they're trying to buy salvation. There's no point in giving anything if your heart isn't in it.

I may be wrong, but I believe that they're giving because they want to, not because they're trying to buy salvation. There's no point in giving anything if your heart isn't in it.

They want to pay for gay prostitutes and crystal meth? That seems odd

They want to pay for gay prostitutes and crystal meth? That seems odd

He didn't use the meth, he bought it and threw it out 20 minutes later. :first:

When your "Representitive of God" turns out to be Ted Haggard, Jim Baker, Jimmy Swaggert or John Geoghan do you get your tithes refunded? It seems like the old bait and switch to me. You paid for eternal salvation, spiritual guideance etc. but what you ended up with was supporting these yahoos hedonistic life style.

- You may be confusing Catholics with most other Christian denominations.

- There is no "representative of God". People talk/pray directly to God.

- You cannot buy salvation. It is all about faith.

- People who use God as a reason to con others out of money are real scumbags.

- You may be confusing Catholics with most other Christian denominations.

- There is no "representative of God". People talk/pray directly to God.

- You cannot buy salvation. It is all about faith.

- People who use God as a reason to con others out of money are real scumbags.

I'm not confusing them that's why I put the term in quotes. If you perfer, replace "Representative of God" with "Church Leader". As far as talking directly to God, if that is the case why do they pay the "Church Leader"? They have to be getting something form them and I bet they are not intending to pay for sex, drugs and rock & roll.

I agree they are sum bags.

As far as talking directly to God, if that is the case why do they pay the "Church Leader"? They have to be getting something form them and I bet they are not intending to pay for sex, drugs and rock & roll.

You don't have to go to church to be a Christian. But I guess it's a place where similar minded people gather. :dunno:

You don't have to go to church to be a Christian.

You can't possibly know how much I agree with this statement. :dunno:

It really sounds like you're not the person to answer my question.

And remember standing in a church every Sunday no more makes you a christian than standing in a garage every Sunday makes you a car.

You forgot Jesse Jackson.

The only "Representative of God" for a Christian is Jesus.

You don't "pay for Salvation".

Tithing to a Church supports programs that give food, clothing, shelter to poor people and/or people down on their luck. It also supports mission trips to poor countries to provide healthcare, build homes, and provide knowledge on how to help improve their living conditions.

And remember standing in a church every Sunday no more makes you a christian than standing in a garage every Sunday makes you a car.

:dunno:

Tithing to a Church supports programs that give food, clothing, shelter to poor people and/or people down on their luck. It also supports mission trips to poor countries to provide healthcare, build homes, and provide knowledge on how to help improve their living conditions.

It also helps spread the word of Jeebus and whatever the current Pope is selling as Christian law. Like telling the AIDS ridden South Africans to not wear condoms. That's one of my favorites.

Religion is poison :thumbsdown:

:D You are ADORABLE!!

So, when Focus on the Family has a church they built from scratch that is so big it has it's own ZIP CODE, When Faagard does the same thing, when Joel Osteen buys a focking BASKETBALL arena - and they all command six-figure salaries, free housing, cars, clothes and every other expense known to man. - That money is coming from WHERE exactly?? :D

:D

It also helps spread the word of Jeebus and whatever the current Pope is selling as Christian law. Like telling the AIDS ridden South Africans to not wear condoms. That's one of my favorites.

Was it Sam Kineson that did that bit about South Africans and the fact that they would be just fine if they moved away from all that sand? Sam screaming "NOTHING GROWS THERE! NOTHING EVER WILL! YOU KNOW WHY? IT'S FOCKING SAND!!!!! 100 YEARS FROM NOW, GUESS WHAT? IT'S STILL FOCKING SAND!!!!!!!

By the way, Jesus Christ was a real person who did great things. I believe he was the son of God. Others choose not to believe. That's fine. People like Jim Baker and the rest do not represent me or my beliefs. I tithe because I choose to keep my community spiritually enriched and physically fit. This includes sharing my beliefs with people who want to learn about Christ. It also includes soup kitchens, clothing for the poor, putting families up who have lost much.

By the way, Jesus Christ was a real person who did great things. I believe he was the son of God. Others choose not to believe. That's fine. People like Jim Baker and the rest do not represent me or my beliefs. I tithe because I choose to keep my community spiritually enriched and physically fit. This includes sharing my beliefs with people who want to learn about Christ. It also includes soup kitchens, clothing for the poor, putting families up who have lost much.

Couldn't have said it better myself. :D

So, lemme ask you - When you tithe; If you saw your pastor/reverend driving a Lexus, living in a Million-dollar home, sporting hella bling and going on Vail vacations, would it bother you? Would you say something? Would you stop tithing?

Why do you go to Church and give money to that establishment? You can still be Christian without going to that building. And think of how much more good you could accomplish if your donations went directly to the poor and those that needed it.

If you knew your $$$ would go only to needy athiests, would you still donate?

I've always thought Churches were a little to fancy-schmancy for what they represent, don't you?

:thumbsdown: You are ADORABLE!!

So, when Focus on the Family has a church they built from scratch that is so big it has it's own ZIP CODE, When Faagard does the same thing, when Joel Osteen buys a focking BASKETBALL arena - and they all command six-figure salaries, free housing, cars, clothes and every other expense known to man. - That money is coming from WHERE exactly?? :rolleyes:

I'm guessing it's coming from donations by the church members. If they have a problem with it they can choose to stop giving.

I try not to judge how someone else donates to charity.

HTH

Let me start by saying i was raised southern baptist, went to a catholic school and now live in the nE where there is a lot of jewish influence. and every xmas we go to my grandparents apiscopal church. I am saying this so I can show that I am familiar with a lot of the ways of multiple "churches".

Baptist= ultra conservatives. funny thing is that most of them are worse than anyone I know as far as being socially inept. They make you think that you have to tithe. I used to get birthday cards from tha pastor with a picture of him on a camel in china with the great wall in the background...it was a slap in the face, drove a caddy and lived in the posh neighborhood, built a gawd awful church in the middle of town after the old church "mysteriouslt" burned down.

catholics= the church that was affiliated with the school i went to is led by a bunch of homosexuals (not that there is anything wrong with being a fudge packer)...the reason i know this is because i waited tables at a pretty high end restraunt for 8 yrs and the ###### priests would always come in there together all faggoty and their widely known gay friends. oh ya and catholics can commit sin and as long as they confess it....all is well...

apiscopals= every year at the xmas service they give the pastor there like 10 grand as a"xmas" bonus and he opens the check and tells the amopuont and thanks everyone...so ludicrous

jews= never really exposed to them till i got up here, but find that they are very different.....they all have gobs of money that they use to buy government, they ar supposed to only marry other jews....just different....

common thread here is that they are all hypocrites.....they dont give to anyone but themselves and they surely dont put their fellow man before themselves. they use all their riches to show that their religion is better than the others and the funny thing is that they are all a bunch of money grubbing hypocrites....fact of the mattter is that religion spawned from the same place and the same brothers so we should all be in the same area of belief...not debating who is better than the other....they all should just give it up you know....they take advantage of people who are searching for meaning in life and feed them these pseudo truths that havent even been proven...

You forgot Jesse Jackson.

The only "Representative of God" for a Christian is Jesus.

You don't "pay for Salvation".

too bad there are more religions than christianity on the planet....

oh and you forgot that tithing also supports the pastors' way of life (be it meth or trips to china or dinners at fancy restraunts with homos)

Was it Sam Kineson that did that bit about South Africans and the fact that they would be just fine if they moved away from all that sand? Sam screaming "NOTHING GROWS THERE! NOTHING EVER WILL! YOU KNOW WHY? IT'S FOCKING SAND!!!!! 100 YEARS FROM NOW, GUESS WHAT? IT'S STILL FOCKING SAND!!!!!!!

and meth!!

PS...they cant afford to move away from the sand...HTH

So, lemme ask you - When you tithe; If you saw your pastor/reverend driving a Lexus, living in a Million-dollar home, sporting hella bling and going on Vail vacations, would it bother you? Would you say something? Would you stop tithing?

i quit believing because of this..... :headbanger: