Sign in to follow this  
Mackgee

Ok eagles fans a good discussion

Since I am a football fan and yes I do not like the Eagles but I want to know some opinions. I personally think the offense will run smoother with him than Mcnabb. Mcnabb always goes for the homerun and I can see Garcia being able to manage their version of the offense better since it is similar to what he ran in San Fran. I see a 50/50 run pass ratio now and the load of the O being put on Westbrooks shoulder. I also see Garcia having a decent season running that offense. I mean he really does not have anything to lose and taking away his days in Detroit and Cleveland he was a Pro Bowl QB. On the fantasy side I think he is a decent pickup and someone to keep an eye on.

They'll lose more than they win which, despite your hatred of the Eagles and McNabb, they have never done with McNabb. They'll also score fewer points per game which, despite the continued efforts you'll no doubt make to spin it somehow, does not constitute a smooter offense.

I wouldn't mind having a good discussion on the topic, but your track record shows you to be neither interested nor capable.

They'll lose more than they win which, despite your hatred of the Eagles and McNabb, they have never done with McNabb. They'll also score fewer points per game which, despite the continued efforts you'll no doubt make to spin it somehow, does not constitute a smooter offense.

I wouldn't mind having a good discussion on the topic, but your track record shows you to be neither interested nor capable.

You know nothing about me JT. They were going to lose more than they win with McNabb anyways this year. I am the one who started this discussion. How would I not be interested in it?

I own both Westbrook & LJ Smith in one league, and I am hopeful that Garcia will look towards LJ more than McNabb had been lately.

Exactly Mcnabb knows nothing about short passes unless it's a screen to westbrook. He almost always goes down field. Hit or miss with him.

Garcia might not be the flashiest, but he's a good game manager. A tough, gritty competitor. He should be fine if he can stop sucking c*ck for five minutes.

youre talking about the jeff garcia whos girlfriend is hotter than fock? ok, TO....keep preaching to the gay choir... :dunno:

You know nothing about me JT. They were going to lose more than they win with McNabb anyways this year. I am the one who started this discussion. How would I not be interested in it?

I know eough from your posts in this forum that you have a strong anti-McNabb bias and openly profess to a hatred for the Eagles. That negates your transparent offer of a good, reasonable discussion.

McNabb is among the top 3 active QB in win %, so the fact remains that they have never lost more with him than they have won. You can conjecture all you want about what might have happened; I prefer to deal in facts.

So far, your argument seems to be that, since Garcia is incapable of throwing the ball downfield (a knock against him most of his career) and will settle for short passes, that will constitute a 'smoother' offense. Unless it results in more points and wins, it's not a better version of what they attempt to do.

McNabb is among the top 3 active QB in win %

Post active QB win%

Among the top 3 my ass

McNabb is among the top 3 active QB in win %

Post active QB win%

Among the top 3 my ass

His 2.24 interception percentage (66 interceptions in 2,943 passing attempts) is second

lowest in NFL history, as is his touchdown-to-interception ratio.

In terms of winning, McNabb is at the top of the class.

Among active quarterbacks with at least 80 starts, McNabb ranks first, with a .682 winning percentage (60-28).

He needed only 71 starts to win 50 games, the fourth quickest in history.

McNabb's seven playoff

victories are third to Favre (11) and Brady (10) among active quarterbacks

for someone who is such an annoying stalker of the guy and the team..you really should know facts before you start talking....

i dont care if u keep embarrassing yourself..but its quite old and really weak...

did you honestly NOT know that mcnabb was up there in win %? :mellow: what sport did you follow last year before you started following the nfl?

His 2.24 interception percentage (66 interceptions in 2,943 passing attempts) is second

lowest in NFL history, as is his touchdown-to-interception ratio.

In terms of winning, McNabb is at the top of the class.

Among active quarterbacks with at least 80 starts, McNabb ranks first, with a .682 winning percentage (60-28).

He needed only 71 starts to win 50 games, the fourth quickest in history.

McNabb's seven playoff

victories are third to Favre (11) and Brady (10) among active quarterbacks

for someone who is such an annoying stalker of the guy and the team..you really should know facts before you start talking....

i dont care if u keep embarrassing yourself..but its quite old and really weak...

did you honestly NOT know that mcnabb was up there in win %? :pointstosky: what sport did you follow last year before you started following the nfl?

Ok Favre and Brady have something Mcnabb does'nt and will never have. Ok also Mcnabb is the most injured starting QB among active starters as well. Peyton Manning has missed 1 snap in his career because of injury. Also Mcnabb chokes in all the big games even at home. Ok big dummy I knew Mcnabb had a good winning % post the active leaders with 100 starts the top 10. Winning is also measured by championships if you haven't figured that out already Brady-3 Favre-1 Mcnabb-0<<<with 3 trips to an NFC championship game and a Super Bowl loss to Brady. Mcnabb is not even the same level as Brady and Favre. Why do you think T.O. wanted Brett Favre to QB the Eagles lol

Im from GB, thanks...I know how valuable Favre is..

and with Brady at Michigan and the Pats, I know about him also...

Im not going to waste my time posting the top 10...I dont care as much as you do...and i hate the eagles more than u do..but facts are facts..

you said he wasnt top 3 and he is....

ramble on all you want about this and that....but dont say things like...

mcnabb top 3 winning % my azz....youre wrong...

you arent in the top 3 here % when it comes to getting things correct..

Im from GB, thanks...I know how valuable Favre is..

and with Brady at Michigan and the Pats, I know about him also...

Im not going to waste my time posting the top 10...I dont care as much as you do...and i hate the eagles more than u do..but facts are facts..

you said he wasnt top 3 and he is....

ramble on all you want about this and that....but dont say things like...

mcnabb top 3 winning % my azz....youre wrong...

you arent in the top 3 here % when it comes to getting things correct..

Well at least we have something in common. You know who number 57 is on the Packers. Besides this was a thread about Jeff Garcia. Mcnabb is old news.

Garcia wont put up horrible numbers, and if the defense plays well, he will win some games.

but hes no longer the type of QB that can win a shootout.

Eagles have a weak schedule, so Garcia may be able to sneak them into the playoffs, but I would bet against it.

They will probably finish 7-9, 8-8, or 9-7 and will most likely miss the playoffs.

Well at least we have something in common. You know who number 57 is on the Packers. Besides this was a thread about Jeff Garcia. Mcnabb is old news.

sure, i agree...mcnabb is out now...garcia is the topic...

but u made mcnabb the topic with post #9..thats all...you cant take a shot at mcnabb and not expect someone to call u out when u are wrong...

and why the hate?...whats your team?..did mcnabb not autograph your jersey one day?...

jason hunter...

Hey, forget the personal posts!

Is Garcia going to be worth picking up and starting on a regular basis or not??? I don't care if he smokes hog as long as he's throwing TD passes!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wub:

Most likely not. Garcia was very successful in the "early" stages of his career (if you can call 29 and up early for an NFL player, heh) because he was very accurate and had the ability to move around inside and outside the pocket to give himself time to throw. This was doubly-effective because he was throwing to TO, who was, and still is, one of the best receivers in the game at getting yards after the catch, turning many a 5-yard slant into a 40-yard touchdown.

While I think Garcia should be able to get a few of the same with Westbrook, defenses key on Westbrook and shouldn't need to modify their gameplan much from what they had to worry about with McNabb. Though Garcia's a bit more accurate than D-Mac, he's got far weaker arm strength, and even if he once could scramble with the best he's aged quickly, and hard. Aside from 2001 (which was his best season passing, so a bit weaker run stats are made up for), he never averaged less than 4.8 YPC in his career... until he ended up on the Lions last year. *THUD* 3 YPC in the handful of games he did get to start, and his worst passing stats of his career by far.

Expect him to be a servicable backup simply because the Eagles still have a fair amount of offensive weaponry and Westbrook's a threat to take a screen to the house every time he catches one, but I think it's very unlikely for him to average much better than 160-190 yds, 1 TD, 1 INT/gm. I expect the Eagles to try and run the ball a lot more, with Indy-Carolina(surprisingly weak rush D)-Washington their next three games. By that point, you should have a much better sense of how Garcia fits into the offense, but weeks 15 and 16 the Eagles get the Giants and Dallas. You can't run on either of those teams for the most part, so if Jeff's been putting up reasonable numbers up to that point he might not be a bad desperation play against New York, who -can- be beaten through the air (though I'd avoid the Dallas game, as that team's just way too hard to read... one day they look like a SB-caliber team, the next they lose at Washington).

And, JT and Mackgee, get a room, yeah? :P

youre talking about the jeff garcia whos girlfriend is hotter than fock? ok, TO....keep preaching to the gay choir... :P

Everyone knows that Garcia likes wieners in his heiney and mouth. :thumbsup:

Ok Favre and Brady have something Mcnabb does'nt and will never have. Ok also Mcnabb is the most injured starting QB among active starters as well. Peyton Manning has missed 1 snap in his career because of injury. Also Mcnabb chokes in all the big games even at home. Ok big dummy I knew Mcnabb had a good winning % post the active leaders with 100 starts the top 10. Winning is also measured by championships if you haven't figured that out already Brady-3 Favre-1 Mcnabb-0<<<with 3 trips to an NFC championship game and a Super Bowl loss to Brady. Mcnabb is not even the same level as Brady and Favre. Why do you think T.O. wanted Brett Favre to QB the Eagles lol

And this post is exectly why you can't have an intelligent, reasonable discussion about Garcia's value in relation to McNabb, just as I stated at the top of your bogus thread. Super Bowls have absolutely nothing to do with this thread that you created; it was about Garcia being more effective than McNabb. You obviously didn't know that McNabb had one of the top winning %; you said just as much in an earlier post.

As for your statement about Manning, why aren't you slamming him for his post-season failure? McNabb has far more playoff wins. Why did that all of a sudden become unimportant? You stated a sentence earlier what an indictment it was of McNabb as opposed to Favre or Brady.

You're the worst kind of message board loudmouth. When facts are presented, proving you wrong, you ignore them and spin off in an unrelated direction. You randmly bash, insult, and make derogatory slurs against large, random groups of people, then play the 'why are you getting personal?' card when the same invective is thrown your way. You bash others teams, but lack the guts to be open about who you root for, so as to avoid any critique of them. You hide behind online anonymity, but everyone knows who you are: a cowardly, pathetic little boy, who lacks even the basic intelligence required to make a coherent argument.

And this post is exectly why you can't have an intelligent, reasonable discussion about Garcia's value, just as I stated at the top of your bogus thread. Super Bowls have absolutely nothing to do with this thread that you created; it was about Garcia being more effective than McNabb. You obviously didn't know that McNabb had one of the top winning %; you said just as much in an earlier post.

As for your statement about Manning, why aren't you slamming him for his post-season failure? McNabb has far more playoff wins. Why did that all of a sudden become unimportant? You stated a sentence earlier what an indictment it was of McNabb.

You're the worst kind of message board loudmouth. When facts are presented, proving you wrong, you ignore them and spin off in an unrelated direction. You randmly bash, insult, and make derogatory slurs against large, random groups of people, then play the 'why are you getting personal?' card when the same invective is thrown your way. You bash others teams, but lack the guts to be open about who you root for, so as to avoid any critique of them. You hide behind online anonymity, but everyone knows who you are: a cowardly, pathetic little boy, who lacks even the basic intelligence required to make a coherent argument.

:mad:

Well said, my man. <_<

youre talking about the jeff garcia whos girlfriend is hotter than fock? ok, TO....keep preaching to the gay choir... :huh:

link :P

I've heard that A.J. "touchy" Feeley has a chance to start over Garcia. :thumbsup:

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt the Mackgee/JT thing...

from the Eagles website:

"With McNabb on the shelf for the next eight to 12 months, Andy Reid is focused on the remaining six games. The head coach said Monday that both veteran Jeff Garcia and the younger A.J. Feeley will both take reps with the first-team offense in practice this week. A decision on Sunday's starter will likely come Wednesday."

Don't jump on Garcia just yet

I Can't believe that there is even a discussion about this. Let me Break it down to you simply. McNabb is no doubt a top 5 QB, but hte pass happy eagle offense as well as their mismatch personnel make it impossible for the eagles to stand up to the rigors of a full season and the playoffs. That said Jeff Garcia just SUCKS. and he by no means can carry that offense the way McNabb did. That team is built to air it out, any attempt to become a ball control offense will fail.

And this post is exectly why you can't have an intelligent, reasonable discussion about Garcia's value in relation to McNabb, just as I stated at the top of your bogus thread. Super Bowls have absolutely nothing to do with this thread that you created; it was about Garcia being more effective than McNabb. You obviously didn't know that McNabb had one of the top winning %; you said just as much in an earlier post.

As for your statement about Manning, why aren't you slamming him for his post-season failure? McNabb has far more playoff wins. Why did that all of a sudden become unimportant? You stated a sentence earlier what an indictment it was of McNabb as opposed to Favre or Brady.

1. I have stated who I root for

2. I have posted where I work and what I do for a living, and where I live

3. You must be newbiejr's other account.

4. I knew Mcnabb had a good winning %.

5. Who cares about 7 postseason wins no one remembers second place and no one cares.

6. Manning has been a postseason failure

7. Eagles fans would have nothing to talk about on this board if not for me LMAO

1. I have stated who I root for

2. I have posted where I work and what I do for a living, and where I live

3. You must be newbiejr's other account.

4. I knew Mcnabb had a good winning %.

5. Who cares about 7 postseason wins no one remembers second place and no one cares.

6. Manning has been a postseason failure

7. Eagles fans would have nothing to talk about on this board if not for me LMAO

1. Most people remember second place. There are 32 teams. It's actually quite an accomplishment.

2. Who helped you count to seven?

1. Most people remember second place. There are 32 teams. It's actually quite an accomplishment.

Everyone look at #7 LOL an Eagles fan

Since I am a football fan and yes I do not like the Eagles but I want to know some opinions. I personally think the offense will run smoother with him than Mcnabb. Mcnabb always goes for the homerun and I can see Garcia being able to manage their version of the offense better since it is similar to what he ran in San Fran. I see a 50/50 run pass ratio now and the load of the O being put on Westbrooks shoulder. I also see Garcia having a decent season running that offense. I mean he really does not have anything to lose and taking away his days in Detroit and Cleveland he was a Pro Bowl QB. On the fantasy side I think he is a decent pickup and someone to keep an eye on.

bump

The brains behind Philly offense, and more importantly the qb, is ANDY RIED. Any qb will do well under his leadership, however Mcnabb is one of those qb's that will do well no matter where he plays.

lol how bout that Bills dynasty?

fans who buy tshirts and such celebrating accomplishments short of winning a title are pathetic.

There are few exceptions.

final four, AL/NL pennant, Bowl game/conference champs...

fans who buy tshirts and such celebrating accomplishments short of winning a title are pathetic.

For starters, you're quickly becoming an a$$hole of MackGee proportions. That is not a good thing. The funny thing is, I didn't even know you were a Cowboy fan until about five weeks ago. I wonder why that is. :thumbsup:

Also, if you think that every single NFL season is considered a disappointment to all 31 teams that don't win the Super Bowl, then I guess I can't argue with you. I do, however, argee about buying t-shirts celebrating second place. That's lame.

So it's ok to celebrate a college conference title or a pro baseball championship (despite losing in the world series), but not a pro football conference championship (despite losing in the super bowl)? I don't personally buy t-shirts for any of that crap, but I'd like to hear the logic behind that brilliant theory.

I don't know a real football fan that can't name the two teams from each Super Bowl. Plenty of people remember who finished second.

For starters, you're quickly becoming an a$$hole of MackGee proportions. That is not a good thing. The funny thing is, I didn't even know you were a Cowboy fan until about five weeks ago. I wonder why that is. :thumbsdown:

Also, if you think that every single NFL season is considered a disappointment to all 31 teams that don't win the Super Bowl, then I guess I can't argue with you. I do, however, argee about buying t-shirts celebrating second place. That's lame.

This place is rife with people who became lifelong dallas fans once it became obvious that their home team wasn't going to win this year.