Sign in to follow this  
RamslovaMartzhata

Offensive Rookie of the Year

MoJo - 771 total yards, 5 yds ypc, 9.9 ypr and a big 8 TD's.

I'd have to say that's very impressive and that with Colston missing time... it is no longer a run away and MoJo deserves to be considered at this point.

I'd have to say that's very impressive and that with Colston missing time... it is no longer a run away and MoJo deserves to be considered at this point.

I think if Colston misses this week... or puts up way below average numbers... then it's time to consider somebody else.

I tell you what though... I sure like having them both on my team. :dunno:

If Romo can keep up the pace he's on, he at least deserves consideration.

I don't see how it can't be Colston. I don't know if he's still on it, but he was on pace to become the quickest WR ever to 1000 yards.

But now that I see he's currently 9th on the receiving yards list, I'd say that's no longer the case. :dunno:

He can only win the Like a Rookie of the Year award.

Well... if we're gonna open it up to 4 year guys... I would vote for Larry Johnson.

Well... if we're gonna open it up to 4 year guys... I would vote for Larry Johnson.

Aww, sh*t, I didn't realize he's been in the league for 4 years. Learn something new every day. :dunno:

yeah, that's a great idea give mojo the award. They'll give the award to the #2 rb on a team instead of a #1 wr on a team. While we're not using logic, can we just go ahead and give the award to Andy Katzenmoyer?

Addai - 1023 total yards, 5.1 yds pc, 8.1 ypr 8 TD's. :dunno:

Addai - 1023 total yards, 5.1 yds pc, 8.1 ypr 8 TD's. <_<

I second that..he has look very good even vs good Ds. He would prob have 2000 apy if he got the whole load.

yeah, that's a great idea give mojo the award. They'll give the award to the #2 rb on a team instead of a #1 wr on a team. While we're not using logic, can we just go ahead and give the award to Andy Katzenmoyer?

What the fudge is your problem? Your logic is pathetic. So the NFL awards players that are only the #1 position on their teams, right? Who gives a sh1t if Mojo is the #1 or the #2, it's all about numbers, you fock.

Tamba Hali for defensive ROY. He's been the missing link to the D, not Law like many thought be :thumbsup:

If not for the KC game where he got totally schooled... I'd feel better about my homer darkhorse pick, Marcus McNeill. It's not unusual for a rookie rb to perform well, but rookie left tackles almost never impress, and McNeill has been very solid.

Offensive ROY: Joseph Addai

Defensive ROY: DeMeco Ryans

Those are probably the current front runners.

Tamba Hali for defensive ROY. He's been the missing link to the D, not Law like many thought be :bandana:

We had a thread on this in the Sanctuary. I voted for Dawan Landry, but Hali was my second choice.

We had a thread on this in the Sanctuary. I voted for Dawan Landry, but Hali was my second choice.

I haven't seen much of him, but he EMBARRASSED Shane Olivea, a pretty damn good right tackle. Not bad for a rook.

If Colston didn't turn his ankle no question. Romo might steal it.

I love all of these posters that think Romo is a rookie. :dunno:

Offensive ROY: Joseph Addai

Defensive ROY: DeMeco Ryans

Those are probably the current front runners.

Demeco Ryans has been awesome for me in IDP. He probably won't get as much recognition because he plays on the Texans but he's a very consistent tackler and he gets pressure on the QB. Texans D is on their way up. If they get another good pass rusher and work on the secondary, they should be set.

Demeco Ryans has been awesome for me in IDP. He probably won't get as much recognition because he plays on the Texans but he's a very consistent tackler and he gets pressure on the QB. Texans D is on their way up. If they get another good pass rusher and work on the secondary, they should be set.

Yep. That and a couple of interior linemen, 3 or 4 decent linebackers and an entirely new secondary and they'll be awesome.

j/k

Yep. That and a couple of interior linemen, 3 or 4 decent linebackers and an entirely new secondary and they'll be awesome.

j/k

Finally, somebody who agrees with me. :banana:

Yeah, I think we should mention Chester Taylor's name as well. I think he's something like a top-10 rushing back in my league. I think he's a good player. :shocking:

What the fudge is your problem? Your logic is pathetic. So the NFL awards players that are only the #1 position on their teams, right? Who gives a sh1t if Mojo is the #1 or the #2, it's all about numbers, you fock.

If MoJo's team doesn't even regard him as the #1 running back on their team that is a serious knock for his ROY chances. Colston on the other hand is Brees' #1 target. Something that happens rarely to rookie wide receivers.

And one more thing, if it's all about the numbers then Colston would still win and that's with his week off for injury Corky. Here's a tip, "when you say it's all about the numbers" make sure the numbers work in your favor.

How bout a little love for the guy who is already becoming one of the best left tackles in the game while blocking for one of the best running backs of all time.

Everyone said how poor the Chargers O-Line would be this year, but MARCUS MCNEILL has been absolutely tremendous in run and pass blocking, just look at Rivers sack numbers along with LT's numbers

If MoJo's team doesn't even regard him as the #1 running back on their team that is a serious knock for his ROY chances. Colston on the other hand is Brees' #1 target. Something that happens rarely to rookie wide receivers.

And one more thing, if it's all about the numbers then Colston would still win and that's with his week off for injury Corky. Here's a tip, "when you say it's all about the numbers" make sure the numbers work in your favor.

I wasn't casting my vote for Mojo or anyone else. I was simply making the point that who gives a flying fock where the player is officially listed on the depth chart, as long as his numbers and impact are more than any other rookie that is what should count.

It's HOMER TIME!!!

Why doesn't Vince Young get consideration? his 12 TD 8 INT aren't everything, his 4-4 record, after the teams started out 0-5 is what really tells the story. Throw in the fact that the Titans are extremely undertalented, and the 2nd youngest team in the league. He's 3-1 against the NFC East, the supposed crown jewel of the NFL. Of his 4 losses, two were of the 1 point variety against Indy and Baltimore. 5 of his 8 INTs have come in his 2 "bad" games (Dallas, Jax), and 1 was against the Jets week 1 (which he only played a few plays) and the other came from a hail mary at the end of the half against the Colts. He threw one against Baltimore as well, but I can't remember how that one went. And I haven't even spoke of his miraculous 10 minute comeback last week. Pure and simple he's a winner, and perhaps if the Titans would've upset two of the best teams in the league in the Colts and the Ravens, he might get consideration for the award. Colston deserves it, Jones-Drew deserves it, Addai deserves it, I'm not saying VY deserves it over these guys, but he should get some consideration. Vince won't win it, but people need to start respecting this man.

Yeah, I think we should mention Chester Taylor's name as well. I think he's something like a top-10 rushing back in my league. I think he's a good player. :huh:

:thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

No love for Maroney??? MoJo has been good to me :first: VY has to get some consideration if he finishes like he's played the past 2-3 games...

Is this FF ROY or real ROY? Romo and Chester Taylor are not rookies. Has this been pointed out already?

IF Colston has decent stats the rest of the way he deserves it, plain and simple. He is either healthy and playing this week or next so I would say he would and should get it, and that's fair. The fact he has done this coming from Hoftsra and the 4th to last pick in the draft makes his season all the more remarkable compared to other rooks.

2nd - AJ Hawk. Am I wrong or is this guy not having a great season?

3rd - Maroney.

4th Bush

5th Greg Jennings.

hey it gets tough at 4th, jennigns at 4th, and Bush at 5th? Okay. Bush has 64 receptions and a game winning punt return this year, not bad for any rookie. Feel free to start the debate over who should be 4th or 5th. Let me say I clearly should have Addai in there, so if Bush gets bumped to 6th, well I couldn't really argue with that. Addai in fact should be close to no. 1 or 2 if he has a one or two more games like he did against Philly.

Without question Romo. Then LT2